• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The one thing that would ruin the show.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • These opinions are based on those of other people, not mine!
    The show great at first but then they started making it worse by:

Season 5: Making Misty leave and letting Brock come back (I like Brock and all, but why not the other way around?)
    Making Gary and Ash become friends (That ruined the show pretty much)

Season 6: Max.
    The dubbed theme song.

Season 7: The dubbed theme song.

Season 8: The dubbed theme song.

Season 9: ASH'S (DUBBED) NEW VOICE!
    The dubbed theme song.

Season 10: The dubbed theme song.

Season 11: The dubbed theme song.

Now those were pretty bad, and although I don't like DP, I know who Paul/Shinji is. The one thing they could do to completely destroy the show is MAKE HIM AND ASH/SATOSHI BECOME FRIENDS! And knowing the pokemon developers, they would do it, they'll do ANYTHING to make children learn about friendship.
    So what else do you think should be up here, and what do you think the developers will do?

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • This is what I think ruined the show in:
    Kanto - Misty being there.
    Orange Islands - Misty and Tracey being there, Brock leaving.
    Johto - Misty being there.
    Hoenn - Max being there.
    Battle Frontier - Max being there.
    Sinnoh - Nothing, so far.

xP

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont think anything has ruined the show, just changed it a bit. If Pikachu and Ash were to leave, that would ruin the show.

Years
  • And knowing the pokemon developers, they would do it, they'll do ANYTHING to make children learn about friendship.

You just said it. It's a children's show. Children find fun and lessons in it no matter how repetitive it is. Older people do not. You guys have to understand this show is just not meant to be a masterpiece. It's for kids, just like Trix.

That's all there is to it... no need to keep whining and whining about a show that has been doomed since we grew up.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It's for kids, just like Trix.
    [/B]

Lolwut? XD. But I eat still eat Trix!

First of all, what the writers are really wanna be focusing on is attracting a low age range, which is abundant these days due to overpopulation. Although it wouldn't kill them (or maybe if the teen population decreases all of a sudden) to make it more mature. I still watch it.

But what will kill it is the day they start adding stupidities like these:

Ash: That is a white square computer

Dawn: Can you say "Computer"

Brock: Good!

Pikachu: Pika!

Oh gosh...*goes drink Decaf* X|

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lolwut? XD. But I eat still eat Trix!

First of all, what the writers are really wanna be focusing on is attracting a low age range, which is abundant these days due to overpopulation. Although it wouldn't kill them (or maybe if the teen population decreases all of a sudden) to make it more mature. I still watch it.

But what will kill it is the day they start adding stupidities like these:

Ash: That is a white square computer

Dawn: Can you say "Computer"

Brock: Good!

Pikachu: Pika!

Oh gosh...*goes drink Decaf* X|
    ha! lol. Now that I think about it, it has made no advances in maturity. Its actully gotten more childish if you ask me. That sounds like the next step! lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    The dub theme songs suck, ho gosh. x'DD I shiver in a corner every time they come on.
    But the only thing that could possibly ruin this show for me is romance, particularly if it's romance that just comes out of nowhere and makes everyone OOC like everything on the romance section of FF.net.

I'll take the crappy life lessons and the repetitiveness, but NO romance.
    I know it won't happen though; kids want to see cute little monsters killing each other to demonstrate the meaning of friendship, not boy-girl kissy goo-goo.

Years
  • Actually, it would not "kill" the writers, but certainly it would not appeal to the producers, because simply, they're producing a show for young people; making it more mature would be as good as making it ambiguous and seemingly meaningless to kids, which in turn, would become less interested, watch it less; and isn't that the last thing the production wants?

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Well, I wouldn't mind Satoshi and Shinji becoming friends. I mean, that's usually how it is with rivals. They hate each others guts but end up being friends in the end. They do it with a lot of anime/manga. Pokemon's just excessive about it.

The English theme songs do suck. I wish they had just subtitled the original or chose a different song.

This show was designed for kids. The thing is, it's really made for the older kids during the movies. They probably have less pressure on the movies, so they can branch out a bit more. A teenage Pokemon anime would have to be one using the PokeSpecial plotline. I think it's too late to change it in the Sinnoh arc.

This stuff stopped bothering me though, so you don't have to take the above seriously.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Su. I really like the current dub opening theme. Is is CERTAINLY an approvement from the last two opening themes. And that is saying a lot too since the last one was HORRIBLE! So really I think the current dub opening theme is really good. Better then some of the stuff that 4Kids made us listen to back in their day.

Really I kinda don't think there is much left to actually ruin the show. maybe if they got rid of Ash and Pikachu then that could but really like everybody said. It is a show made for kids. Still I still watch it because it is good enough for me. Teeheehee

Years
  • Meh. Well, I think the show has all gone down hill. (Sorry if I'm making an off-topic post here) But it's sort of like Digimon...The first episodes were SWEET. But I saw one the other day...And now the kids are the Digimon? What's up with that?! Anyhow, the games got alot better. But the show got horrible. They got rid of Misty, they changed Ash's voice, they practically ditched all the other pokemon at Oak's lab, and the Pokemon kind of look boring. I mean the drawing. Compare Ho-Oh to legendaries now. Palkia and Dialga are actually simple to draw...And it is a huge repition. I'm getting kind of sick of every grass starter having some sort of plant on their backs. I have to admit, it still draws you in a little to watch it. But I mean most of the Pokemon have no creativity...Like these:
    Tauros: Figure it out.
    Pinplup: Penguin. Duh.
    Chimchar: Chimp. Also obvious.
    Shellos: Slug?
    Spearow: Sparrow....
    I know some of those are from the first seasons...But that just shows most of the seasons have pros and cons evened out.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Meh. Well, I think the show has all gone down hill. (Sorry if I'm making an off-topic post here) But it's sort of like Digimon...The first episodes were SWEET. But I saw one the other day...And now the kids are the Digimon? What's up with that?! Anyhow, the games got alot better. But the show got horrible. They got rid of Misty, they changed Ash's voice, they practically ditched all the other pokemon at Oak's lab, and the Pokemon kind of look boring. I mean the drawing. Compare Ho-Oh to legendaries now. Palkia and Dialga are actually simple to draw...And it is a huge repition. I'm getting kind of sick of every grass starter having some sort of plant on their backs. I have to admit, it still draws you in a little to watch it. But I mean most of the Pokemon have no creativity...Like these:
    Tauros: Figure it out.
    Pinplup: Penguin. Duh.
    Chimchar: Chimp. Also obvious.
    Shellos: Slug?
    Spearow: Sparrow....
    I know some of those are from the first seasons...But that just shows most of the seasons have pros and cons evened out.

Ur just looking for problems cause if you had a brain you would realise that they are based on animals for a reason because there are no animals in the pokemon world the pokemon are the animals just with elements attacks and can be caught so really i just think your looking for problems where there arnt any.

But back to what i think ruined the show was:
    The songs kill my life there were only two good songs in the whole thing the first one and belive in me the 2nd jhoto songs

another thing that ruined the show was when misty left it was kinda sad but like i said life moves on and now misty will probably never come back so im sorry to sound really mean but build a bridge and get over it

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • DAWN they should never put her in the show.....oh wait!

no they should have kept may because swapping the main cast everyother season is just a means to cover up episodes

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ur just looking for problems cause if you had a brain you would realise that they are based on animals for a reason because there are no animals in the pokemon world the pokemon are the animals just with elements attacks and can be caught so really i just think your looking for problems where there arnt any.

Actually, there are REAL animals in the Pokemon World. I mean, there were real fish in the Cerulean Gym and outside the sunken St. Anne, Pidgeotto was seen eating a real worm, James was seen eating Lobster at one point, Ash mentioned something about Bass and Trout living in the Seaking Lake in Johto, heck, even in AG, there was a real life Animal (the Coral reef in Movie 9, since it is an Animal.)

another thing that ruined the show was when misty left it was kinda sad but like i said life moves on and now misty will probably never come back so im sorry to sound really mean but build a bridge and get over it

Meh, I don't think I'll ever get over it, especially considering the kind of character they replaced her with (As well as the reason why they replaced her is because the writers are egotistical, womanizing pigs! I'm serious, they mentioned that the reasons for Misty being replaced by May, May's entire existance, Dawn replacing May, and Dawn's entire existance is due to their wanting eye-candy (which is very much the same as sextoys, if that eye-candy edition of Nintendo Power is anything to go by.).). Even IF I did, I'd still maintain hope that she'll return. Remember, they also replaced Brock at one point.

Personally, I don't really see a point in replacing only one of the main cast members. I mean, in my viewpoint, it's either keep them all or throw all of them away.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Team Rocket. It's like the same thing happens every episode. Team Rocket says their motto, they try to get pikachu then Ash saves the day.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Actually, there are REAL animals in the Pokemon World. I mean, there were real fish in the Cerulean Gym and outside the sunken St. Anne, Pidgeotto was seen eating a real worm, James was seen eating Lobster at one point, Ash mentioned something about Bass and Trout living in the Seaking Lake in Johto, heck, even in AG, there was a real life Animal (the Coral reef in Movie 9, since it is an Animal.)

yeah umm... its been pretty much determined that there are no real animals in pokemon. the pokemon are the animals. also, its been rumored that the cerulean gym was just holding pokemon from future generations (even though in truth they just realized soon after that episode that they should not use real animals in pokemon) and I just watched the 9th movie and there were no animals in the coral reef.

Meh, I don't think I'll ever get over it, especially considering the kind of character they replaced her with (As well as the reason why they replaced her is because the writers are egotistical, womanizing pigs! I'm serious, they mentioned that the reasons for Misty being replaced by May, May's entire existance, Dawn replacing May, and Dawn's entire existance is due to their wanting eye-candy (which is very much the same as sextoys, if that eye-candy edition of Nintendo Power is anything to go by.).). Even IF I did, I'd still maintain hope that she'll return. Remember, they also replaced Brock at one point.

Personally, I don't really see a point in replacing only one of the main cast members. I mean, in my viewpoint, it's either keep them all or throw all of them away.

it is wat it is. personally, I liked May and I like Dawn. and quite frankly, even though Misty was a great member of the cast, she lost her personality by the end of johto. may and dawn offered new personalities to deal with and intereact with. and brock's just there because ash would starve and there wouldnt be any brock on women comedy. =P

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I lol'd. I'm not sure this thread is worth the effort. In a world where the opening ruins the entire show...

(As well as the reason why they replaced her is because the writers are egotistical, womanizing pigs! I'm serious, they mentioned that the reasons for Misty being replaced by May, May's entire existance, Dawn replacing May, and Dawn's entire existance is due to their wanting eye-candy (which is very much the same as sextoys, if that eye-candy edition of Nintendo Power is anything to go by.).). Even IF I did, I'd still maintain hope that she'll return. Remember, they also replaced Brock at one point.

Comparing children's cartoon characters to sex toys is also pretty funny.

I've had my laugh today. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    yeah umm... its been pretty much determined that there are no real animals in pokemon. the pokemon are the animals. also, its been rumored that the cerulean gym was just holding pokemon from future generations (even though in truth they just realized soon after that episode that they should not use real animals in pokemon) and I just watched the 9th movie and there were no animals in the coral reef.

No, no, the Animal in Movie 9 that I mentioned isn't IN the coral reef, It IS the Coral reef. Remember, Corals ARE animals, too.

Anyways, how do you explain that worm that Pidgeotto ate (It definitely wasn't a Caterpie, Weedle, or heck, even a Wurmple, as those guys are WAY too big to be the worm that Pidgeotto ate.). How about the term "Lion Tamer" (which pretty much implies that Lions actually exist in the Pokemon World).

Besides, if Real Life Animals don't exist in the Pokemon World, then Humans can't exist in the Pokemon World either (They're real life animals as well, and seeing how the Pokedex doesn't even register a human as a Pokemon, they aren't Pokemon Either). Heck, Plants and Fungi can't exist either (I mean, we already have two Fungi Pokemon [Shroomish and Breloom, four if one counts Paras and parasect], and we have quite a bit of plant-pokemon that actually resemble anthropromorphic plants (the Grass Starters don't count.).).

i
    t is wat it is. personally, I liked May and I like Dawn. and quite frankly, even though Misty was a great member of the cast, she lost her personality by the end of johto. may and dawn offered new personalities to deal with and intereact with. and brock's just there because ash would starve and there wouldnt be any brock on women comedy. =P

Personally, even IF Misty were stale (Which she isn't by any degree.), I would have preferred her over fanservicey, love-hina-esque characters anyday. Even if she were actually stale, Brock, Ash, and Team Rocket were also just AS stale, so therefore, they ALSO should have gotten the boot as well.

Back