• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

Years
  • Ludicolo, Gliscor, Chandelure, Absol, Toxicroak and Aggron ^^
    Can you switch one of them to a Pokemon that can fly please :)

EDIT: Or you could just give me a whole new team that includes a pokemon that can fly :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry for posting a lot later than I said I was going to, been having PC issues and I think I need to seriously think of getting a new one, too many BSoD's.

Named myself Cecil, and my rival Hugh.
    Started my Journey with Snivy.
    Made my way to Floccesy town, and caught a Modest natured Lotad on Route 20 and named him Manny. His Ability is Rain Dish, and he knows Astonish, growl, Absorb, and
    Nature Power. Trained lotad up to level 13 on route 20, and he learned Water gun at level 9 and Leech Seed at level 13 in which I replaced Astonish and Growl.
    I made my way to Floccesy Ranch, and battled my rival Hugh who battled using Tailow and Tepig, the Tailow gave me problems with his peck, Tepig wasn't too hard
    but a few Water Guns and leech seed and he was down. Made my way through Floccesy Ranch and found the Herdier. Manny evolved into a Lombre on the way to
    find Herdier.

I went back to Floccesy town to meet up with Alder, and battled the 2 School Children. I received the Medal Box, and headed back to Aspertia city to take on
    Cheren. Before I cahllenged Cheren I trained Manny up until level 17, where he learned Water Pulse in which I made him forget Water Gun. I beat cheren's pokemon
    with a combonation of Nature power(Turned into tri attack) Leech seed and Water Pulse, and he awarded me the Basic Badge, and TM 83 Work up.

My next stop will be Virbank city, to take on the 2nd gym and also get my 2nd Pokemon Croagunk. I went into Virbank Complex and caught an Adamant(Woohoo)
    Shiny Croagunk and named her Venus. Trained both Venus and Manny in the Virbank Complex to level 20 using audino in the shaking grass to take on the next gym.

Roxie's Gym I completed with just Venus, and she barely pulled through against Roxie's Koffing using Incenrate, but 4 Faint attacks and Koffing was down. Roxie
    lead with trubbish setting up toxic spikes probably with the idea to poison my Pokemon and then venoshock them for the double base damage, so I just kept venus
    in and chipped away with faint attack and healing when necessary. I was lucky and got level 22 on Roxie's Koffing and learned revenge, and it only took 2 to take down
    her Croagunk. Roxie's Whirlipede was easily the hardest, and I only just beat it with a clutch crit with faint attack. With the Victory I earned the Toxic badge and
    TM09 Venoshock.

My Current Team.
    271.gif

Manny the Modest ♂Lombre Lv.20
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Water Pulse
    Leech Seed
    Absorb
    Nature Power
    453f.gif

Venus the Adamant ♀Croagunk Lv.22
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Revenge
    Mud-Slap
    Venoshock
    Faint Attack

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    Username: abtwitch
    Game: Pokemon Platinum
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Try to avoid repeating types, have one flyer and surfer
    Mode: Expert

Edit: it appears people haven't posted here in a while, so I will email my friend and whoever I hear back from first, that is the team I will go with.

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Sign up for ALL the challenges! And then probably never complete them. There are a lot of pokémon I never even considered using since I just stick to what I know most of the time, so this challenge is perfect for me!

Username: striderviper
    Game: White
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Try to avoid repeating types, and don't go overboard with the trade evolutions.
    Mode: Normal

I'm ready for whatever you guys throw at me. ...Well, I'd like to say that but I know that's probably not true.

Also:
    Username: abtwitch
    Game: Pokemon Platinum
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Try to avoid repeating types, have one flyer and surfer

Edit: it appears people haven't posted here in a while, so I will email my friend and whoever I hear back from first, that is the team I will go with.
    I don't know if I'm late or not, but you get Breloom, Marowak, Absol, Lapras, Muk and Xatu!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Sign up for ALL the challenges! And then probably never complete them. There are a lot of pokémon I never even considered using since I just stick to what I know most of the time, so this challenge is perfect for me!

Username: striderviper
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Try to avoid repeating types, and don't go overboard with the trade evolutions.
    Mode: Normal

I'm ready for whatever you guys throw at me. ...Well, I'd like to say that but I know that's probably not true.
    Starmie
    Bisharp
    Rampardos
    Drifblim
    Hariyama
    Donphan

Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2017
    Username: 1337Drakkon
    Game: SoulSilver
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters:
    - Please try to avoid type clashes
    - One must Fly, preferably Physical Attacker
    - One must Surf, preferably Special Attacker
    - Must be one full team
    - Please don't include Pokemon I cannot catch within SoulSilver ( I didn't check, just listed Pokemon.)
    Mode: Expert (will beat red twice if I get post post game Pokemon.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: BGoldwax
    Game: Sapphire
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters:
    - No more than 2 of the same type (especially Normal)
    - One must use Fly and try to make it a Physical Attacker (preferably no Normal/Flying types)
    - One must use Surf and preferably a Special Attacker
    - Must be a team of 6
    - At least 1 Pokemon by the time I fight Brawly and 2 by Wattson
    Mode: Expert (will try to make it more interesting by catching each Legendary in a Pokeball / Greatball)

@1337Drakkon Your team is: Kanghaskhan, Magcargo, Espeon, Feraligatr, Crobat, Raichu

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    Username: superawesomematt
    Pokemon that got away:
    Don't know how to do Spoilers:
    Samurott
    Stoutland
    Darmanitan
    Scrafty
    Musharna
    Reuniclus
    Ferrothorn
    Bisharp
    Braviary
    Vanilluxe
    Cofagrigus
    Scolipede
    Haxorus

Parameters:
    -Physical Flyer
    -Special Surfer
    -Try not to get multi-pokemon of the same type

@BGoldwax You have no none flying/normal physical flying pokemon, sssoooo your team is Swalot, Syther, Exeggutor, Eploud, Lanturn, Nidoking

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2017
    @superawesomematt
    You get Samurott, Braviary, Darmanitan (aim for a Zen mode one), Cofagrigus, Scolipede, and Bisharp

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Update 1
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

God, this took forever to set up, I must have tried at least 3 times. I eventually managed to actually do it though, so go me!
    (Team summary sometime later maybe)

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    Due to unfortunate events and stupid computer stuff, i cannot gen into a Platinum ROM. I am, however, able to gen into 3rd games and since my selected team of choice is all 3rd gen and down, I will be able to play it in LeafGreen!

EDIT: of course, more computer crap with OpenEmu. Now I cannot get the evolutions for the pokemon outside the national dex because VBA-M is dumb :/. I will have to postpone this until I have figured something out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2017
    I know I haven't updated, so I'm going to do a big one now and then small ones in the future! Haha

What I've Done:
    Spoiler:

My Team so far:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Update 2
    This game hates me.
    Spoiler:

It'd be easier to count the things that didn't go wrong in this update, seriously. From me getting 1HKO critted TWICE by N, to Arm Thrust hitting twice 80% of the time to even getting into a random battle one step away from the rustling grass. Yeah, that happened twice in a row and then I had to run around like an idiot for ten minutes before another Audino showed up.

Team:
    Spr_5b_120.png

Staryu (Lv. 17)
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Illuminate
    Tackle
    Harden
    Water Gun
    Recover
    Spr_5b_624.png

Pawniard (Lv. 16)
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Scratch
    Leer
    Fury Cutter
    Torment
    Spr_5b_408.png

Cranidos (Lv. 18)
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Headbutt
    Leer
    Take Down
    Pursuit
    Spr_5b_425.png

Drifloon (Lv. 17)
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Aftermath
    Payback
    Minimize
    Astonish
    Gust
    Spr_5b_296.png

Makuhita (Lv. 20)
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Guts
    Tackle
    Focus Energy
    Vital Throw
    Arm Thrust
    Spr_5b_231.png

Phanpy (Lv. 16)
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Pickup
    Take Down
    Tackle
    Rollout
    Defense Curl

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2017
    Since last update:
    Spoiler:

My Team Now:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: LoyalSniper
    Game: Platinum
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Six pokemon total, at least one that can learn surf

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Username: TurkishDelight
    Game: White and White 2
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: No two of the same type, please get 2 teams (one for each game). Hacking in isn't a problem so feel free to select a Pokémon that isn't obtainable in either of the games dexes e.g Eevee isn't in the original BW dex

I know there's a lot, I plan to do quite a few of these challenges and cross off 6 at a time!

Back