• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Other Supporters

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
  • Ok so I recently noticed a small (ok pretty friggin big) hick in the VIP Forum. Generally, anyone who's donated more than $4.99 is a supporter (i.e Tier 1 - 6), but only Tiers 3-6 can view the VIP Forum. What I'm getting at is that Tiers 1 & 2 can't really join Supporter Collabs (for example) even though they should be, and for instance don't even know about the supporter skype chat or supporter competitions, because all of these are posted in this forum without the slightest consideration for the 'other supporters', if you get my drift.

Now, I have a pretty good solution for this. When I first brought this up in the supporter skype chat, I suggested mass-PMing everyone, but I realize that would be too much work, not to mention that whoever sends out the PMs would be getting a crap-load of replies, possibly too many to handle.
    Megan then suggested that we blog about it, but even then we couldn't be sure that they all see it.

So I think if we put both those together, it might work!
    We can PM all the Tier 1 & 2 members only once, and walk them through subscribing to a PC Supporter blog (which we'll make, obviously), and then how to frequently check their blog subscriptions. We'll then use that blog to post any important stuff like the Supporter Skype Chat, or maybe a supporter competition, or collab or w.e.
    Of course, if they want any more information, they'll have to PM designated supporters for that kind of info, or maybe just the PC Supporters account that will handle the blog.

Here's the account:
    Community Supporters

If we agree to this, I'll go ahead and donate that account to Tier 2 so that it can blog lmao.
    Then I can either send out the password to anyone who wants access, or just add you to the blog so you can blog there from your own accounts :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • OR WE CAN ALSO USE THE ELITE FOUR AND TRAINER CLASSES YO.

but yes. I am 100% in agreement with James on the whole thing imo. Mass-PMing any active tier 1-2 supporters would be much more effective than a blog, but we can also blog about it as an "announcement". lol

or open the VIP forum to tier 1-2 supporters? at least? :/

Years
  • You know, I'm liking this idea because I do feel that Tier 1 and 2 supporters are left out, and then again Supporters in those tiers (assuming they don't upgrade their tier) can only post here if they are a staff member, like in the case with Cirno and ZachLMedia, they are in the lower tiers yet can still post here because they are staff, in fact Dipu can still post here on his Vertigo account despite not having supportership on it, again due to being staff. Because basically all supporter forums are visible to staff as well.

or open the VIP forum to tier 1-2 supporters? at least? :/

Good idea Megan, you could propose this to hstaff given I feel sad that some of my friends can't come here just because they are in a lower supporter tier. I do feel that this part of the Supporter HQ isn't as open unlike the Styles Testing and Member Interaction Center.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I still think Megan's suggestion is better than opening T1 and T2 to VIP

srsly this is like the only perk t3 and up has :|

Years
  • I guess it would have to be something h-staff can agree to, as I think the VIP forum should be available to all tiers as well, but that's just me. And considering how I'm one of those active Tier 1 supporters who doesn't have the money at the moment to upgrade, I'm in full agreement to allow all supporters access in here, should I ever choose to go on a DLoA or resign from my position.

If that can't be done, then I say at least have a blog post to see where supporters of lover levels could participate, but I'm not really sure how that would be possible for everyone to see, considering not everyone reads blogs haha.

Echidna

Years
  • I guess it would have to be something h-staff can agree to, as I think the VIP forum should be available to all tiers as well, but that's just me. And considering how I'm one of those active Tier 1 supporters who doesn't have the money at the moment to upgrade, I'm in full agreement to allow all supporters access in here, should I ever choose to go on a DLoA or resign from my position.

If that can't be done, then I say at least have a blog post to see where supporters of lover levels could participate, but I'm not really sure how that would be possible for everyone to see, considering not everyone reads blogs haha.

Which is why we'll actually PM all of them only once, link them to the blog, and walk them through how to subscribe to it and frequently check their subscriptions ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont see the problem with letting Tiers 1-2 in here, the fact is they are kind of left out :/

It would also bring more activity to this forum as well as letting them have access to info about stuff like colabs and supporter events.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • ...I'll just point out here guys that the reason why lower tiered supporters can't see the VIP forum is because it's supposed to be an incentive for them to donate to higher tiers. So this whole going ahead and getting them involved in a forum that they're not supposed to have access to thing doesn't sit well with me. At all. :\

That said I'd be okay with discussing opening this place up to other tiers... but I also feel like if we're just gonna go ahead and give every supporter perks from higher tiers then we might as well as scrap the entire tier system because the jumps between levels would be so minor. And then we'd just have a load of people donating the minimum amount and... yeah, you can see where I'm going with this. I'd rather leave stuff as it is.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    ...I'll just point out here guys that the reason why lower tiered supporters can't see the VIP forum is because it's supposed to be an incentive for them to donate to higher tiers. So this whole going ahead and getting them involved in a forum that they're not supposed to have access to thing doesn't sit well with me. At all. :\

That said I'd be okay with discussing opening this place up to other tiers... but I also feel like if we're just gonna go ahead and give every supporter perks from higher tiers then we might as well as scrap the entire tier system because the jumps between levels would be so minor. And then we'd just have a load of people donating the minimum amount and... yeah, you can see where I'm going with this. I'd rather leave stuff as it is.

I didn't wanna comment on this at first since my Supporter status was a birthday gift so I'd have no right to say anything about the matter, but I agree with Razor Leaf here. The intention isn't to leave people out of "all the fun". The intention is to motivate them to donate more. They're called perks for a reason. Besides, opening up this forum to lower tier supporters might seem unfair to some of the supporters that specifically donated enough to be able to gain access to this board.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    If we're opening up the forum to tier 1-2 supporters, why not also think of something juicy for tier 3+ supporters?

Years
  • Although I have no room to speak since I'm not a Tier 3+ supporter (but just on staff haha), I'd say that if Steve (or anyone else on h-staff) can think of something new for the Tier 3+ supporters, then I'd say go ahead and open up the VIP forum to all supporters, and if that's not possible, then I'll agree with RL about keeping it to Tier 3+ supporters.

Years
  • ...I'll just point out here guys that the reason why lower tiered supporters can't see the VIP forum is because it's supposed to be an incentive for them to donate to higher tiers. So this whole going ahead and getting them involved in a forum that they're not supposed to have access to thing doesn't sit well with me. At all. :\

I'm starting to see what you mean. If this forum had to be opened up to lower tiers I'd like to see another perk that's higher tier-exclusive. I didn't actually donate to get my supportership last year but it was rather a contest prize gifted by someone else who was already in a high supporter tier so I guess I was just lucky to be here.

But if you or fellow hstaff want to keep this place higher tier-exclusive, I'm fine with that as well. It'd be a way to encourage lower tier supporters to want to donate more.

Echidna

Years
    Well to be fair, a supporter collab should include all the supporters. The thread being posted in the VIP forums doesn't tie the collab to Tier 3+ exclusivity as does the VIP forum, and the only reason we made a thread was because we needed a place to discuss it. What I'm suggesting is that we let the supporters in on supporter projects, because they're called supporter projects, not VIP forum projects. You getting my drift?

The VIP forum in and of itself will still have enough content to warrant exclusivity, because aside from collabs and competitions, there ares lots of discussion threads in this section (ok more like ought to be, we're not doing too well in activity :/).
    This I do agree with.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Well, maybe not the "VIP Forum" exactly, but maybe a "collabs and stuff" forum would suffice.

Though I have to say I'm not too sure you guys are comfortable just throwing around (for the most part) inactive forums.

Back