• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • ~The PokéCommunity 30 Day Song Challenge~

Stolen from Facebook

OK, so the idea of this thread is that once a day, people can make a post about a song that means something to them. However, in order to make it more interesting, on each day you should post a different song. What song do you pick for each given day? Here's where the guidelines come in:

Day 01 - Your favourite song
    Day 02 - Your least favourite song
    Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
    Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
    Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
    Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
    Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
    Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
    Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
    Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
    Day 11 - A song from your favourite band
    Day 12 - A song from a band you hate
    Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
    Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
    Day 15 - A song that describes you
    Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate
    Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio
    Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
    Day 19 - A song from your favourite album
    Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry
    Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy
    Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad
    Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
    Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
    Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh
    Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument
    Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
    Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
    Day 29 - A song from your childhood
    Day 30 - Your favourite song at this time last year

Simples! So, in order to participate, just make a post with:

• The Day it is (e.g. Day 1, Day 2 | NOT April 13 etc.)
    • The name of the song
    • The artist/group it's by
    • WHY THE SONG FITS THIS CRITERIA! (Can't stress this point enough)
    • Maybe a clip of it from YouTube/iTunes or the like to help showcase the song in question
    The idea is one post a day by those participating in order to keep the thread going for the full 30 days. Sound exciting?

What about latecomers?
    Latecomers should post with whatever the CURRENT DAY asks of them, but they can post earlier ones as well, if they want to catch up to everyone else. For example, if you come in on Day 16, you MUST put a song that you used to love but now hate, but you can pick and choose if you want to put earlier ones (like Day 1, Day 7 or all of them!) in. If you have any concerns, check this post as I'll be crossing the days off as we do them. If it has been crossed off, don't start with it.

The way Facebook does it is to just have everyone starting from the beginning when they want to, and that's certainly the ideal, but on such a centralised platform such as this, it'd just cause confusion and cluttering. Ruthless simplicity is the key to success!

When does it start?
    It starts pretty much when I post this at approximately MIDNIGHT UTC+1. This'll be the cut-off point for the start of the new day. It's kind of arbitrary, but with so many people in different time zones, it's probably best to have me being the benchmark considering this is my joint and all.

If in doubt about when to post, look at my entries. If I haven't posted yet: hold your horses and wait a bit!

If you have any questions, don't hestitate to VM or PM me - Mr Cat Dog.

-~-~-~
    I'll get the ball rolling then! This is the sort of format people should be working in, but if you want to mix it up a little: go nuts!

Day 01: Your favourite song

"When the Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin: "Stairway to Heaven" was technically my entry into the world of Zeppelin, but as I listened to its overshadowed contemporary album-mate, I became entranced by its hypnotic, repetitive structure, haunting lyrics brilliant orchestration. Haven't looked back since!

There should be a YouTube video there as well... my computer seems to be dying at the moment so it may not appear! AGH! Oh well...

-~-~-~

If you want to go crazy and do all of this for video games too, the link is here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 1: Your Favorite Song
    "I won't see you tonight pt. 1" by Avenged Sevenfold: I just love this song. It is a masterpiece.

Years
  • I'm actually doing this on Facebook right now XD

30 Day Song Challenge day 01 - your favourite song
    Not my favourite of all time, but I'm really digging this at the moment.

51st Anniversary by the Jimi Hendrix Experience

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • Day 01: Your favorite song

"Michelle" by The Beatles: I will never be able to pick a favorite Beatles song but right now this is what I've been listening to a lot.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Day 1: Your favorite song

Be Calm by Fun. My friend sent this to me, and I never listened to it, and now I adore it. I could listen to it for hours on end, sing it while I walk to classes over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMXBUjm8tM

Years
  • Day 01: Your favourite song

"Electric Eye" by Judas Priest: Choosing one out of my favorites is not exactly an easy thing to do, but if I have to, I think I'll go with this one. I listen to it a lot, had an earworm of it for months, generally just love it. And still don't know any of the lyrics after the first chorus.

As for a video...
    Spoiler:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I really have troubles picking a favortie, but I guess for now it'd be:
    Keep the record on play by Outlandish
    This song has some real inspirational lyrics, ans I can listen to this all day long.
    Spoiler:

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Day 01: Your Favourite Song.

Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues.

Why is it me favourite song?
    Still Got the Blues was the first Gary Moore song I ever listened to and it was the song that ignited my love of Gary Moore and his guitar playing, singing and music. It will always hold a place in my heart. It's a lovely song with passion, emotion and soul with brilliant lyrics and a lovely, blues rock guitar tone and solo. A masterpiece by a great who loved what he did.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Just to note, this challenge has been approved by Patchisou Yutohru.

Years
  • Day 1: Your Favorite Song

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze

Why is it my favorite song?

I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers and this newer style of music over the years. This was the first real song to have this type of formatting to their style, and probably the best. The slow tempo and beat, along with the lyrics and the bass really make it so I can't go a day without hearing this song.

By the way, in this video, the recording has been tuned up a step, which I personally look more.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Day 01: Your Favourite Song.
    Radar Detector - Darwin Deez

Not my all time favourite song, but for the moment, and very recently, this has been a massive hit for myself and have listened to it probably more than other songs over the last week or two. I don't think I have an all time favourite song, so this one will do! It is so happy and gets you dancing along with it without any real control. :P Plus he is so hip!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I must warn you, most of these songs will be glee! :3
    Day 01 - Your favorite song

Glee - I've had the time of my life.

I just love this song so much, I love the original, so I was bound to love this, I saw it on the show and I was like @_@ I got goosebumps watching it. I love performing it to.

Day 02 - Your least favorite song

Someone - Black and Yellow.

I just hate this song, Ergh! >: It's not even music, more of an insult really. I don't even know the name of the "Artist" who shouts sings this.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 02: Your least favourite song

Lady Gaga - Pokerface

Summer 2009. Driving school. The radio was on constantly. About every third song was this one. Such involuntary overexposure does nothing good, I still hate that song with a passion today.

I don't have to search a video for this one, right?

Years
  • Day 01: Your Favorite Song
    Just For Now by Imogen Heap

It's simply a beautiful song. The lyrics paint a great picture of people gathering together and trying to move forward with their lives without ever having to say that's what they're doing. I don't know what exactly the story is and I kind of like it that way, the ambiguity. It lets me listen to it and if I'm in one frame of mind or another a different story pops into my head. The music carries the song along. It's just great altogether.

This is a live a cappella clip of the song where she records herself singing and clapping to create her own backing music and vocals. That is talent.

Spoiler:

And since it's almost time for day 2...

Day 02: Your Least Favorite Song
    The Beatles - Why Don't We Do It In The Road?

It's not the worst song I've ever heard - it's not even a bad song compared to a lot of what I could choose - but with The Beatles I expect so much better than this. It's one line... over and over. Paul doesn't even sing it that well. And the story behind it, about Paul watching some monkeys in India, well, that speaks for itself.

I don't want to add a video or anything for this one because then I'll have to hear it. :<

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Just a reminder to everyone: a new day starts at MIDNIGHT UTC+1. Please don't post the new day's song until then, otherwise it'll lead to everyone's days going out of whack. Nice to see so many people participating, which is great!

For the most part, I'll be posting my entries at around the cut-off point, so if you wait until I've posted mine, then you can't go wrong!

Anyhoo, on with the show:

Day 02: Your least favourite song

"Axel F" by Crazy Frog: Novelty music at its worst and most obnoxious. Yet its infamy propelled it to the top of the charts when it was released. Even Rebecca Stunfisk had a tune to Friday, but this is literally a mono-sounding ringtone applied to a crappy cover version of an already bad song. Awful on every conceivable level. Ear-bleedingly bad.

But I now how to upload stuff now... so here's the horror itself!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Day 02 - Your least favorite song

Bed Rock by Young Money. I don't care if this song was soooo popular back then and soo popular until now. It's so annoying to hear it 1000000 times a day on the radio.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Interesting thread idea...though I wish more days could be added... I'm probably going to have the combine the last few into one post when it gets to around that time, though... -.-

I wonder if there could be a version that's more videogame music-inclined...?

Anyway:

Day 01: Your favourite song

"Go Go Power Rangers" by Ron Wasserman/The Mighty RAW: Technically I have two favorite songs, but I'll save the other one for the end. This song is classic, and IMO one of the representative songs of the awesome era of the 1990s. A powerful indefatigable fighting force that resists the malicious forces of the universe. EPIC. Furthermore, the guitar pieces in this song are simply amazing, with the ability to still hold up to a lot of today's modern music. Hard to believe that it was composed all the way in 1993. Not to mention that it was created in the space of 2 hours. :cer_boogie: The rallying cry of a generation, indeed, and I'm blessed to have been given the opportunity to hear such a terrific tune of rock. Here's the full version of the theme, though I actually prefer the TV version myself.

Friday by Rebecca "Stunfisk" Black: Mr. Wasserman, I am terribly sorry that I have to post this following atrocity of a song after your wonderful masterpiece. It's even more infuriating how this song has more views than "Go Go Power Rangers". Unfortunately, the world has been subjected to its unfathomable level of suck. But yeah...I didn't anticipate the song would actually be bad. Oh, how wrong I was. Empty, bland, and excessively simple lyrics; uninspired vocals of AutoTune, a weird music video, and overall horribleness of a high and previously-unknown degree seal the fate of this sheer mess that's destined for the trash bin. It took the position of "Worst Song Ever" quickly, and my previous candidate had been cemented for years, and this song was all it took to alter that in an instant. Hopefully, this insult to my ears STOPS INFILTRATING MY POSTS.

I also avoided giving it yet another view by copying the link location from its preview page, rather than viewing the actual video itself. Ick. :x

Someone - Black and Yellow.

I have to admit, this song can become quite annoying to hear with all of its uninspired repetition.

"Axel F" by Crazy Frog: Novelty music at its worst and most obnoxious. Yet its infamy propelled it to the top of the charts when it was released. Even Rebecca Stunfisk had a tune to Friday, but this is literally a mono-sounding ringtone applied to a crappy cover version of an already bad song. Awful on every conceivable level. Ear-bleedingly bad.

But I now how to upload stuff now... so here's the horror itself!

Gwah?? Hey! This song is not bad! ;_; "Friday" has WAY more suckiness than Crazy Frog ever has! And I'd prefer this instrumental than "Friday"'s vocals and instrumental any day of the week (especially on Fridays).

Last edited:

Akita

Returned
    Years

Working Class Hero - Green Day
    Since the first time I heard John Lennon's "Working Class Hero", it's been my favorite song. The lyrics stuck with me, and the themes are something I'm familiar with. I believe that Green Day delivers the song more powerfully, but it's the song itself that will always be my favorite above all else.

Day 02: Your least favorite song

Friday - Rebecca Black
    She has no talent. Her nasal, auto-tuned voice grates on my nerves. Repition is not catchy. Wannabe Usher...

Enough said.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Day 01 - Your favorite song
    I don't have a favourite song. It changes by the week. Right now it's probably Again by Yui (the first opening to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) since I've been listening to it a lot lately and it's constantly stuck in my head but... I suppose the song I always come back to as a favourite is The Thirteenth Anthology by Yoko Shimomura, a medley of the Organization themes in the Kingdom Hearts series. I always find it both calming/comforting (I guess since I'm so obsessed with the series, derp) and a bit exhilarating since most of the medley is essentially boss music. xD I've never gotten sick of it.

I... I'm not really sure I have one? I dislike any song that gets on my nerves, I guess, but I find it hard to hate songs. I suppose one that's bothered me for a long time, both for its lyrics, sound, and the artist, is Tik-Tok by Ke$ha. I find it really vapid and everything in it just kinda... it's really not my preferred sorta lifestyle and I don't approve of it. *PRUDE LMAO* I just... the whole thing bothers me and it gets stuck in my head too easily. >:O Just thinking about it right now has it stuck in my head.
    Spoiler:

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
  • Day 1: favorite song
    Twilight of the Thunder God
    Amon Amarth
    It was the song that got me into Amon Amarth in general, as well as having a killer riff and drums. A pure masterpiece for any death metal fan's collection. *Well, technically it's viking metal, but, meh whatever.*

Day 2: Least favorite song.
    Anything that's modern pop or rap.
    Well, yeah.. that's kind of... well.. yeah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back