• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Day 30 - Your favourite song at this time last year

That's a toughie, around this time last year I started getting into Korean and Japanese Pop, and when I first was introduced to BIGBANG.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Just so people are aware, this period 24 hours will be the LAST TIME you can post in this thread, so make sure you post up to the last day, as one day from now this thread is going to be closed! It's been a great ride, and to the people that stuck it out to the end, I certainly salute you. And with that...

Day 30 - Your favourite song from this time last year

'Think' by Aretha Franklin: I end with the Queen of Soul herself. This is still one of my favourite songs, but this time last year, I'd just bought a Greatest Hits album of Aretha hits, and this one just hit me like a train. Short, but oh-so-sweet, it encapsulates everything about Motown and soul and just good music in general.

Years
  • Alright, enough of the procrastination. Even if it was somewhat justified because many of the 20s are difficult as hell.

Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
    What did I say about difficult questions? I have no idea. Some obnoxious cheesy love song probably. Or wedding-related church music, but I can't think of any right now. Hmm... How about this, it's actually pretty cool for a love song.

Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
    Frederick Chopin - Funeral March. Or any other good funeral march, really.

Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh
    Fatal Bazooka - Mauvaise foi nocturne
    Just look at the video. Maybe take a look at the song this one is parodying, Confessions Nocturnes (don't remember by whom), first.

Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument
    If a voice is an instrument, I can somewhat decently sing Judas Rising by Judas Priest. Well, compared to how well I can sing any other song at least.

Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
    I failed to find any good video of it, but Amon Amarth - For the Stabwounds in our Backs is my choice here. By this I mean of course I wish I could sound like Johan Hegg.

Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
    Dimmu Borgir always receives a lot of bashing, but I still do enjoy their music, especially Mourning Palace. The sheer amount of the bashing managed to make this from one of my favourite songs into a guilty pleasure though.

Day 29 - A song from your childhood
    My grandfather was a huge fan of classical music, so I listened to a lot of classical music as well and am wondering why I do it less right now. Händel's Water Music was one of my favorites.

I'm pretty sure a year ago my favorite band was not Judas Priest yet, it must have been Amon Amarth. One of my favorites of them that's still unmentioned would be Varyags of Miklagaard.

Phew, finished.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 30

It was probably Sonic Youth - Candle. While that song is still up there with the best of them for me, it's recently been taken over by Animal Collective - My Girls, purely because that song holds more memories.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Last dayyy.

Day 30 - Your favourite song from this time last year

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (Live)
    Album: Pulse

This time last year I had the same taste in music (minus jazz and swing) but had different favorites. This song is still one of my all time favorites, but somewhere in the year my all time favorite song changed to Gary Numan's Cars and then Pink Floyd's Dogs (which is my favorite song now). Everything about this song is amazing. It's so slow and atmospheric. The final guitar solo literally gives me chills every single time I hear it.

What an awesome song to end on.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
    Would You Be Impressed by Streetlight Manifesto. The trumpet parts are too high for me at the moment, shame really, it is such a brilliant song.

Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
    Don't really have one that makes me feel guilty. I guess Stereotypes by The Specials a bit, due to it's descriptions of someone going out and getting drunk, yet I've never done that. But it just reminds me of the assumptions of teenagers made today and how we sometimes boost these.
    Day 29 - A song from your childhood
    Without a doubt, Mr Blobby's novelty Christmas tune. Most annoying song ever, yet I still love it as it is my childhood.

This time last year.. Well, I first got into Madness, so I'm going with Bingo from their album the Liberty of Norton Folgate. Such a nice song, and brings back some memories when I hear it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back