• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The perfect partner

Years
  • Perfect female? OK!
    • Between 5"5 - 5"10. I am 6"3 so, short girls make it difficult...
    • Like metal music. It is tough to find a girl that likes metal music, but also isn't a plank of wood to be around.
    • Cool hair. Seriously, I love a girl that has dark red hair, or blue or whatever.
    • Seriously amazing personality. Obviously a main one, I have to get on with her and have a laugh.
    • ENJOYS SPORT! This is more of a wish but, if she watched football/rugby/F1 or all, I would bow down and worship her.
    • Enjoys other games that don't have NINTENDO plastered on it. I understand casual gaming is fun and AAA games don't normally appeal because people like me play them! :3

Yeh, that is about it I think. /inb4urshallow​

Years
  • 1) If the guy isn't funny, I probably wouldn't want to date him. That's really important to me since I love it when someone makes me laugh. :3 I'd prefer no monotone voices, either. /shallow
    2) Taller than me. I'm about 5'8 and I'd never date anyone shorter than me.
    3) Likes to play games but isn't addicted to the point where he spends hours and hours playing while ignoring me. /coughWoWaddictscough
    4) Understanding. I'm a shy person so I want them to realize that and not shove their desires down my throat until I comply.
    5) If it's an online relationship, then I'd want them to be willing to spend time playing games with me or something. It's the closest we'd get to to "being together" until one of us is able to visit.
    6) Trustworthy. If we're dating, I'm going to assume he has the brains to not flirt or joke around with any other girl. Yes, not even joke. When you get into a relationship, you're promising that you're giving your heart to that one person completely.
    7) No long hair. I prefer short hair on guys.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hmm...

• Trustworthy.
    • Honest.
    • Average looks.
    • Laid back.
    • Able to calm me down when I'm angry.
    • Has similar likes.
    • Puts up with my flaws.
    • Makes me feel like I'm worth something.
    The list can go on forever.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I like my guys to be

• Short
    • Pretty good shape
    • Good looking
    • Moderately intelligent or at least talented
    • Funny/Sarcastic

Years
  • My partner would understand and sympathize with my hopes and desires (and I'd do the same) and so we could always know some way of helping one another if we were feeling down. I guess I could just say "supportive" but that doesn't quite explain it well enough.

My partner would also have their own life and interests, but ones that weren't so alien from mine that I couldn't relate or be interested in them. That way we could have ways to surprise and interest each other.

They'd have to be playful, like, the kind of person who would go swimming and then start a splash fight. None of that "I'm too cool for this" attitude.

I hate to describe anything in terms of appearance because that makes me feel like I'm being ~shallow~ and it's not like I'm attracted to one specific look. Nice hair would be good - the kind you could run your fingers through and play with.

I guess if they were vegetarian, too, that would be a plus.

Goodness, I feel so picky saying all these things and I haven't even been that specific.

I guess the last thing would be that they have to be kind. I absolutely could never be with someone who isn't kind.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I don't really care about looks or any of that such I mostly look in personality wise:
    Although I still like tall guys because no offence or anything but like Cirno said, I wouldn't really date anyone who isn't taller than me.

I like a guy who acts himself and not anyone else, down to earth and have a good sense of humour.
    I'm not usually picky but it's a person's personality which really catches me especially when they are just being themselves.

Just one request - someone who knows their way around and isn't geographically retarted as a few people know I am xD

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Minimum Recommended Stats: (X/100 scale)
    Intellect: 90
    Humor: 85
    Cuteness: 75
    Kindness: 80
    Kookiness: 50
    Looks Overall: 65
    Patience: Job (>9000)
    Loyalty: 100 <-- The only department I can reserve the right to be inflexible about.
    Total: 9546

Ok now seriously, yes all of the above. The numbers are flexible though... If you lack in one department, another can make up for it. I'm a human, and so will my partner be. What matters most of all is that my partner loves me for who I am regardless of what I may be in the moment.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • My (totally not) short list.

• Trustworthy. This includes being loyal, and honest when I'm serious. This is a given, really.
    • Average to good looks. It may seem shallow, but I do like knowing they take care of themselves.
    • Similar interests, but I definitely don't want everything to be the same. It makes things more fun when we have some different or clashing likes.
    • In a girl, I would prefer they be between 5' 2" and 5' 6", myself being 5' 6". In a guy, I'd be able to enjoy it more if they were taller, at least in comparison to having a girlfriend who's taller than me. (Any other guys agree that it's easier accepting taller guys than girls, regardless of the situation?)
    • Laid back, patient, and with a generally wide and socially-acceptable sense of humour (along with dirty humour, but there ARE some things that go over the line there), and as a plus, sarcastic (as I am myself and take a bit of pride in it when I use it well), but they can be serious when it's necessary.
    • A wide, if not strange, taste in music. I'm a rock/metal/jazz/swing person, not pop/pop/pop or death metal/metalcore/screamo.
    • Moderately intelligent. No one really wants to date an idiot without pathetic intentions, and I doubt anyone wants to date someone that makes them feel stupid.
    • Not a jerk. There's a difference between "rude" and "crude", and I don't tolerate the former.
    • Has similar standards to my own, or at least flexible ones. I wouldn't want my significant other to impose ideals that I simply just can't meet, just like I wouldn't try imposing ideals that they can't meet.
    Last, an instant plus, and definitely not least: Gamer. (Though I would very much prefer it if they didn't only like shooters and Street Fighter-style games, but not completely casual either.)

~~~~~

Like Scarf, now I feel kinda picky, but I think my standards are pretty average.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • - They should be at least 5'5''. If they're too short there's no way I can bend down to kiss them all the time.
    - Be pretty slim. I don't care about boobs or whatever.
    - Not bother me all the time (especially about anniversary gifts and stuff like that).
    - Someone who's honest and actually cares/loves me.
    - Not rude. They can joke with me every once in a while, I don't care.
    - Look attractive to me.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Man, I'm really no good at this stuff. That's because I can't think of an ideal partner. I can't imagine myself making a list of 'requirements' about how I'd like my partner to be, either.

There are some things that usually go without saying, but balance is all that matters to me in the end. For example, I hate smoking. But I could end up with a partner that smokes, because they would make up for it in other things. Get what I mean? That's why I'm indecisive.

Almost anyone would 'click' on me, given the circumstances. Probably because what I like in people the most is how everyone is different.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    - being funny

Like seriously, that's like my #1 thing lol and really the only thing I can think of :x

It's like, if you love someone you're willing to accept all the flaws even if they may have mattered before to you, but now they don't. Idk that makes sense!

Ayselipera

Kind, funny, caring, understanding, trustworthy, we can talk about almost anything, and shares some kind of similar interest(s).

Which I don't think are too much to ask for. I think to have a good relationship you have to be most of those things to begin with. I could be more specific and go into physical and more in depth personality traits, but I've come to realize I don't really care about those things and the flaws in the people you're attracted to become ridiculously cute over time anyway.

oh poptart

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    Well he has to be under 6'0", blue eyes, dirty blonde hair and a defined body with a bodyfat percentage around 13-15%. And I guess he has to have some of the personality quirks that appeal to me as well.

:)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • All-around beautiful, fairly tall (around 5'10"), nice, and smart. It's very hard to find a girl like that though. (no offense if you don't fit in any of those categories :cheeky:)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    The most important thing is that he's really smart and at least somewhat pleasant to be around. Hopefully he'd also be willing to help me start my business, and go along with me on my constant travels. And not mind being hugged in public, because I'm very clingy.

But I wouldn't mind if he was good looking either. :P You know, if he had glasses and nice slicked back hair and pretty green eyes. <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Other than you know, the person being loyal, nice, and all that jazz, someone who isn't too clingy, but someone who I wouldn't make me feel awkward by not doing anything. Not just in a physical sense. They have to be someone who I can communicate with well. If we're just lingering around for hours with nothing much to do or much to say, and I can dare say that we're not suited for each other. I get really frustrated whenever I'm with someone for a few days and nothing much is happening to keep me entertained or anything. I know there are people who are shy there and not really communicative, aaand... I'm sorry. I can't be with someone like that. ._.;

Also, I don't like to constantly be told that I'm wrong, or be told information that I reaaally couldn't care less about. :v If I ask a question out of thin air, they go talking about whatever, and I give them some expression, theeen they should hopefully get the hint.

I've gotten a bit more picky over the years due to experiences. Either I suck at choosing guys or I'm shallow.

(Lugia)

Flying Until I Find The One.
    Years
  • My likes for a girl?
    Same height
    Same likes
    Brunette
    Average looks
    A nice person
    and doesn't live too far away.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    The key things I look for are:

1. Intelligence
    2. Sense of humor
    3. Trustworthyness
    4. Honesty
    5. Care-free and Outgoing
    6. Kindness

Not in that particular order or anything, I just kinda listed them as they came to me. I like when a guy has a different tastes in music or tv or books from me primarily because I branch out and learn new things from that. Some things in common of course would be nice, but it isn't what I look for right away.

Back