• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+ the PokéCommunicators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mm, well, I know this is a little early, but I'd like to kick-off another topic. :] If you were to make your own forum-style, how would it be? Which Pokémon or characters would it feature? What would its color scheme be? Try to be descriptive! If you've answered a topic like this before, then feel free to skip it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd totally be up for modding TWL it again if there was an opportunity. It's a fun section and it'll always be my home on PC. Hopefully when I am not as busy in the long run I can fix up my activity there because really, I miss welcoming new members!

If I had to choose another section to mod besides TWL, I'd mod Technology & Internet, or GPGD.

Hmm... my own style. It is a dream to learn how to create my own style. I would love to see a style that revolves around Chikoritas, Bayleefs, and Meganiums...basically the whole evo line of Chikorita. I'd be in heaven.~

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
If you became a mod, what section would you like to mod?
I'd say Chit Chat Café, because I like to talk about diversity of topics in real life.

Aj Harold

The champ
Years
I also wanna join this club!

What are some features you want to see in PokeCommunity?

I would want to see, election based moderatorship!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That does sound pretty cool, but I actually don't see it working. d: You'd have people vote and nominate those who they like most; one way or another, it would turn out to be a popularity contest of sorts. What about members who actually spend time helping and contributing, and deserve recognition for their work? Would they be gone ignored?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^yeah, it's like member of the year and the presidential elections with the addition of favoritism combined. xD I personally don't see that working out either. :s The way with the higher staff members are doing to elect new mods is the better method, and that's where we get to recognize members with true experience and dedication.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Exactly, haha. Anyway, I'm going to answer my own topic!

If you were to make your own forum-style, how would it be?
Made two to three styles before, but if I were to make another one, it'd probably be something simplistic like Modern. There could be color selection options like Generation InVerse, and each time you clicked a button, your scheme would change immediately. :]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Chromatic also has that option I think, which I love the most. <3 But I think it sticks to just one color and you would change it on your own.

For my idea of a style, it'd be green, pink, and black...maaaaybe a splash of yellow because Meganium has some yellow on its petals. I like the Dream World pictures better than the Sugimori art, so I could use those for the banner. I'm a huge fan of Fixed Width styles. I prefer mine to be fixed to a certain resolution instead of all stretched in a 2000 pixel screen. haha

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Dayum I need to catch up :[

I don't really know :P Fan Clubs and Groups is the only section I'm active in so maybe that's a start? Maybe CCC too but that's way out there :P

If you were to make your own forum-style, how would it be?

Ermahgerd ODDISH FAMILY THEME plz

like how the Oddish family is at the top banner and a cool green background everywhere and such with green accents and some purple and orange on the side to complement Vileplume and Bellossom :]

Also happy Valentine's day sexies :] I love how I'm purple or plum rn <3 so sexy :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
omg yes! PIIIIINK. Although I don't really like the color in general but it suits today very very very well. <3 I really love this color I have, it's sooo much better. Special kudos to the admins who made this possible. What a fun idea.

Years

If I were to mod another section, I'd definitely mod the Chit Chat Café, being that it's the second most active section on PC right now, and it's also my secondary home away from my very own section.

And yes the pink colors are so amazing <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Style: it would be very much like Pokélink 4 with outlines of Dia, Pearl and Berlitz from PokéSpe in the background or banner, and also slightly darker text because it's only the small contrast between the background and text that bothers me on that existing style.

Section: If I would have to pick another section to mod it would be the Roleplay Corner again. No surprises there, perhaps :p

Pink: PINK! TWIRL. Twirl, I say.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely loving our pink username color. <3 You know what I like more, though? The Valentine's day message under our usertitles; it's simply adorable, haha. Can't wait 'till St. Patrick's Day.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm loving this pink myself. <3 A nice dark shade! So glad I didn't miss this. xD I wait to see what Saint Patty's Day is going to bring us this year. :3 Yay green~.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you could make one usergroup for the forums, what usergroup would you make and why?
I don't know... I'm satisfied with my current group, but if I were to make one of my own, it'd probably have access to larger profile picture size and usage of HTML. Can't really think of anything other than that. xD"

Years
If you could make one usergroup for the forums, what usergroup would you make and why?

I'm...not really sure on this one o.o like Ashley though, I'm fine with my current usergroup as is, but maybe perhaps one where users by region could hang out and have a section devoted to themselves? idk xD;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Usergroups...hmm.

If supporter colors would change from this green to...something else, I would create a usergroup only to keep the color green. It'd probably have less supporter perks (at least tier 2), and just enjoy the color. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I might have wanted to make the Event Organizers usergroup a more recurring thing, where non-staff members (and staff I guess) are encouraged to host events in any section on a regular basis and confer with the mods or each other about it in a special section. They wouldn't get any special powers on the forums, but they would get the right to "moderate" = tell people off in the event threads they create (for rulebreakers and spam) and decide how the winner is picked and basically run the whole events. Not just in the get-togethers.

While less busy sections might do well with letting the mods run most random events, busier sections might benefit from having a usergroup dedicated to taking that load off the mods :]

The color for this usergroup... Would probably be a darker orange or pink, different from the yellowish of the smods, and possibly italicized, otherwise just colored. Current EO color is too similar to Supporter green imo.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
^ Like an authorized mini-mod? That would be slightly awesome :]

Oh! the club is beginning to die off! Another new topic perhaps!

What is your favorite feature here in PC? Whether if its vB or Audy-generated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back