• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Artstravaganza - Discussion Thread

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Hey, as long as it's not my forest. XD

Ooooh, that sounds interesting, kohei! ^^ A nice variation on the theme! :) Nature doesn't have to be all green and happy...XD

Light_Azumarill will be helping with the judging this month - we still have one judging spot free, so any takers will be welcome! :)

Forest Grovyle

Years
    It can be any way you interpret "nature", Legendary Rayquaza! :) So be free to do what you want concerning the theme! ^^ If it's something you're not sure about, it might be best to include an explanation with the picture as to how it relates to the topic. :)

--FG

Chriz

Why are you staring at me?
    Years
    *drops a tree limp on Overlord*
    How's that?

Well, I might as well do this at art class. Lately I can't seem to draw anything on the computer. So I'll might as well do it at school. I'm bored a lot at school. I could stare at a National Geographic for a while.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Phwee! As FG stated earlier, I'm a judge for this month. Which means I wanna see lots of nice quality work from you guys! Get those creative juices flowing! ^-^ I know you've got it in you to be the best.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    this is a cool idea for a contest this time. I'm tempted to use a pic i drew yesterday as it fits in nicely...hmmm oh btw congrats on the win overlord. well deserved ^-^

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Chriz said:
    *drops a tree limp on Overlord*
    How's that?

Well, I might as well do this at art class. Lately I can't seem to draw anything on the computer. So I'll might as well do it at school. I'm bored a lot at school. I could stare at a National Geographic for a while.

*faints*
    ack....... I think my brain cells were pruned. X_X

Oh,thx Igtica! Yours was pretty awesome. I hope Nienna gets well soon.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Overlord IX said:
    Oh,thx Igtica! Yours was pretty awesome. I hope Nienna gets well soon.

*blushes* obviously not as good as yours ^-^ Ni is getting a bit better. She has these herbal remedy tablets (well 1/4 every other day) which has stopped it swelling and she's happier ^-^ She was all full of energy yesterday...just like before ^-^

Thankies so much for asking, I really appreciate it! *hugs*

Any ideas yet? I still think i know what my entry will be ^-^ *flaps her flygon prize's wings to cool down electabuzz Overlords pruned brain* I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing ^-^

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Something I thought I needed to bring up :D For each month's contest, judging will also be taking account of the relevance of the entry to the contest topic. :D So even if it's a really pretty picture, if it has a very weak link to the topic it'll be marked the same as a lower standard picture with a better adherence to the topic. ^^

Just thought that needed mentioning in case there's any confusion! ;)

--FG

Years
    So would a dude with grass, water, and laughing be counted as 'nature'? Just asking. But if no one posts, heh, less competition! Ooh, I'm so mean! Oh congradz to you guys for winning. Very nice pics.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    lol it's always been on relevance hasn't it? Fair point though..nature is a very wide genre, anything can fit into it... like trees, and grass, and wild animals, and deserts, and artic, and rainforest....loads flowers, sky, night...all natural things ^-^ I wonder how easy it is to narrow such a wide subject to relevance.

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Well I guess it's up to the interpretation of the judges! :D You're right, nature is a very broad theme ^^ So it won't apply so much this month - but for other contests where the theme is narrower, it's something to take into account! :)

--FG

Forest Grovyle

Years
    MoTD, only entries are allowed in the entry thread. :) I've moved your post to the discussion thread. Please put all contest discussion in here in future. ;)
    And in answer to your question, yes, made-up Pokémon are allowed, as long as they fit the theme of "Nature"! :D

And hiya! *huggles* ^^

--FG

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    No one has put an entry up...well mines ready...I might as well put it up...it was originally a request...but I did ask Mr Tumnus(person who requseted it) and they agreed that it could be entered...besides what's more natural than an Orca in the wild, splashing about....yet it's no regular orca..it's Keiko, the whale that played free willy, on his one year free...poor Keiko...at least he was free...go to www.keiko.com if you wanna check out his full emotion-filled journey.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    *recovers from mind shocking expirience X_X *
    Of course! I got the insperation I need!
    *huggles leafeon plushie*

Back