• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Artstravaganza - Discussion Thread

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Esupio sono Kamereon said:
    brought a tear to my eye aswell..
    Cybex Mewtwo said:
    Igtica....that pic was so lovely...and heartwarming....Made me shed a tear. ;-; Such a great entry.

Gosh guys...didn't mean to upset you...just something that means alot to me... i really love my little rattie, i do. And that smile has started to fade a little by little recently...so i wanted to make sure it was known that she was smiling...luckily i brought some herbal remedy stuff that's meant to reduce the growth...she's come back a bit now, back to running everywhere and trying to steal all the food she can..lol makes me laugh...she's such a mischief....so it's good, she's still smiling ^-^

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Alright, I have closed the entry thread, so time's up!

Judges, please PM me with your results! ^^ I shall also be getting the new entry thread up today, so look out for that! ;)

EDIT: kohei and Gohan, please confirm here if you would like to judge this month's contest, too! ^^

--FG

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    So this month's topic is nature eh? I was expecting something like valentine or sumthin... lolz

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Overlord IX said:
    So this month's topic is nature eh? I was expecting something like valentine or sumthin... lolz
    I thought so too. Good to see something going against the cliche though ;)

FG, I'll be dropping judging this month. I'll be entering as a contestant.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Okay, thanks for the info, kohei! :D

Yeah, there's been two Valentine's Day contests at PC before (I remember entering one ages ago!) and the theme is very overused...thanks Esupio for coming up with such a cool theme! :D

This now means we have a spare judging spot so if anybody is interested in judging, please PM me!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    A little bend in formality would do us good. Vaguely enough the moment i thought of 'nature',FNA came into my mind. Insperation? o.o

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Nature is a great theme, I think ^_^ I'm glad the theme isn't something clich?. Nature seems to be a really original theme and it's everything but a clich?. Anyway... Since I finally got the hang of pixel art and the theme is interesting, I might actually enter this month =O

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Smarties-kun said:
    Nature is a great theme, I think ^_^ I'm glad the theme isn't something clich?. Nature seems to be a really original theme and it's everything but a clich?. Anyway... Since I finally got the hang of pixel art and the theme is interesting, I might actually enter this month =O

You'd better enter! lolz Last month's number of entries was a bummer.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    You'd better enter! lolz Last month's number of entries was a bummer
    I just checked out last months entry thread and... O_O I can't believe only 6 people entered. I already have an idea for my entry, but it probaly won't turn out as good as it looks in my mind >.> Oh well... this is good practice ^_^ I hope this month's contest will be a bigger succes, because the amount of entries last month was just pathetic...

Years
    igtica said:
    Gosh guys...didn't mean to upset you...just something that means alot to me... i really love my little rattie, i do. And that smile has started to fade a little by little recently...so i wanted to make sure it was known that she was smiling...luckily i brought some herbal remedy stuff that's meant to reduce the growth...she's come back a bit now, back to running everywhere and trying to steal all the food she can..lol makes me laugh...she's such a mischief....so it's good, she's still smiling ^-^
    It didn't upset me, it was such a beautiful piece of art...

The Nature theme just came into my head cause the sun was setting and the sky was red and it was very purdy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Woohoo! I got first place!!! Meh,but theres not really much to brag since there was very little competition back then.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I have a question:

Is it 'nature' as in the natural environment, or 'nature' as in personality (ie: natures in Pokemon).

Or is it upto our interpretation?

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Gah! Sorry I didn't get a chance to enter last month. I couldn't think of anything to do. I've been neglecting coming to the art forum. ^^;; Is there still a judges spot open? I kinda want to judge. ^-^ If not though, I suppose I could enter with something. I do like nature, and I think I could swing a pretty nice naturey background in a pic.

Hmm... perhaps I should PM FG instead of asking on here. XD Silly me!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    What do i think of nature.....hmmm......forests burning?..... No,no,no wth amI thinking.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Overlord IX said:
    What do i think of nature.....hmmm......forests burning?..... No,no,no wth amI thinking.
    Funny how I was thinking of a similar theme.

Instead of burning though, my version had a toxic run-off with people cleaning it up (along with Pokemon for some reason).

Back