• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • Updated the records with the latest records.

Need some opinion though: were should we cut off records? 10? 15? 20? Where do we put that 'bar' to say "get over this person to make the list" once an area gets jammed with various records?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Updated the records with the latest records.

Need some opinion though: were should we cut off records? 10? 15? 20? Where do we put that 'bar' to say "get over this person to make the list" once an area gets jammed with various records?
    Depends on which facility, but I say 21.

Years
  • No put the bar over 42
    anybody can get past 21 even with non EV'd pokes (i have done it before) but i have a hassle getting to the second match at 49

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Er.. I should've been more specific, by 10, 15, 20 I meant amount of records listed, not the actual streak.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Nah, it's mine, I was pretty vague earlier. XD; I think 15 sounds reasonable.

The reason why I don't want to set a "streak" bar is because I think it more or less discourages participation with the people that aren't as fortunate with records in the early stages. 15 gives a good amount of records and so later on it allows some competition once it starts getting full. :D

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I haven't added my onslaught of records yet because I have a compulsive tl;dr disorder here in S&M and don't have the time for the write-up. Also, 47 in the Castle was a complete disappointment for my standards and insane amount of available CP. That and I haven't been in it since my addiction with the Battle Arcade.

Speaking of the Arcade, got to 77. \o/

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years
  • My Battle Frontier Streaks:

Castle:

46 (really pathetic, I know)

The team I used was Jumpman16's old Satrmie, Tyranitar, Garchomp Team.
    Here's the post
    I can't remember what I lost to, but I'm aiming to do better next time.

Hall:
    Used a standard Specsmence, works really well. Really surprised about it

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    'Sup guys. Here's my first decent record in Platinum so far:

Battle Hall
    Singles
    Streak: 186

Salamence @ Focus sash
    Intimidate
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

* Outrage
    * Dragon Dance
    * Earthquake
    * Flamethrower

The set I used isn't the most original, but it is pretty effective.

Outrage + Flamethrower + EQ provides excellent coverage that guarantees Salamence at least neutral damage against every pokemon.
    Focus sash so she doesn't get OHKO'd by ice attacks.Dragon Dance is mostly filler.

My run ended against a Glaceon that my Salamence simply had no chance against.
    I used outrage in the first turn, it survived, hit me with blizzard and mercilessly ended my streak in the second turn with an ice shard.

I went through the entire streak in a single play through so it's safe to say I'm done with the battle hall for a while.
    Will probably go for some doubles records next as my doubles team is almost ready and hopefully I'll be able to get some good streaks with it.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Battle Hall Singles Streak: 170 and still going! (Gold Print W00T!)

Garchomp @ Choice Band
    Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk. 252 Speed 4 HP
    IVs: All I remember is 31 in Attack and Speed

Earthquake
    Outrage
    Dragon Claw
    Stone Edge

Lucky for me, Argenta used Charizard. Easy 2KO for me because it had Sash.

Edit: My streak just ended at 190, when I got OHKO'd by a Piloswine. I hit it with outrage, it didn't OHKO, then it OHKO'd my Chomp with a critical hit ice fang.

Last edited:
    Years
  • guess who's back at the PC,some of you may or may not rember me but i used to be a active member but then left and have comeback for a bit just to chill with old freinds or post some of my records that are worth a note :p
    And wow,6000+ posts for beachy,congratzz man!

Well here's my first one :
    all platinum
    Doubles Battle tower :
    hit 88 and lost at 89 to a 4 regis team with a retarded yet effective explosion team.

Latias @ Leftovers
    timid
    252 hp/252 spe/6 def
    ~Light screen
    ~Reflect
    ~Protect
    ~Dragon pulse

Metagross @ Occa berry
    Adamant
    236 hp/252 att/12 def/8 spe
    ~Ice punch
    ~Earthquake
    ~Bullet punch
    ~Explosion

Honchkrow @ Expert Belt
    Naiive,superluck
    220 att/44 sp.att/244 spe
    ~Protect
    ~Heat wave
    ~Super power
    ~Sucker Punch

Azelf @ Life Orb
    Naive
    252 sp.att/252 spe/6 att
    ~Explosion
    ~Shadow ball
    ~T-bolt
    ~Flamethrower

Any suggestion's?

Ill take a break from the tower but I will definatly comeback to this team to break 100.Any one know how to improve this team?
    Oh and no Meter mash on meta cause I hate the accuracy.

Single battle casle :

49 in the singles battle castle with a vareint of chinese dood's team!

Starmie @ Choice specs
    Timid
    252 sp.att/252 spe/6 hp
    ~Surf
    ~T-bolt
    ~Ice beam
    ~Psychic

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    adamant
    252 att/252 spe/6 hp
    ~Spore
    ~Sub
    ~Focus punch
    ~Seed bomb

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Jolly
    40 hp/252 att/216 spe
    ~Cross chop
    ~T-punch
    ~Ice punch
    ~Eq

Streak has not ended just yet,taking a break from this facility!

Will start new streaks in the other facility's.Just started battle tower!
    7 with jump's old old lop/lati/luke team but will list once i cross hundread!

good show on the thread beachy!

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years
  • Hey Arch, is your 70 hall streak active or dead? :x

and updated the thread, thanks guys. And some nice records too, gee.

btw: https://www.pokecommunity.com/group.php?groupid=1123 ; join, discuss, all that jazz. It's a good place for us to have multiple and various discussions since it seems kinda hard with this thread.

It's dead.
    I'm currently working on a Battle Arcade team. Tell me what you think:
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2020765&postcount=689

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2013
    I need a good Battle Tower Team (need helf)

I think Garchomp is perfect for that, but the other 2...i think Gliscor and Swampert, but i´m not sure. Can somebody help my please. And Which attacks should I give them and the EV´s and items???

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • You might want to use Hippowdon / Tyranitar to abuse Garchomp's Sand Veil Ability - however, getting Gliscor and Garchomp together is a bad idea because they both are likely to get OHKO by Ice Beams - Swampert's an alright idea but Metagross usually does it better because he actually resists everything Garchomp is weak to as well as hitting back harder

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Need helf eh? xD
    Okay well i got over a hundred wins with garachomp,Lucario and Porygon-Z With a wide range of attacks and all EV'd.
    Though items and special moves are essencial. Moves like trick and items like left overs maybe focas sash stuff like that. Just think strategy. Thats all that helped me

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • It's dead.
    I'm currently working on a Battle Arcade team. Tell me what you think:
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2020765&postcount=689

BUT, the reason why I keep losing in the battle tower, is because of that Game board. It might burn all my Pokemon, which really hurts the team which I'm currently using.
    Basically the game board decides the games most of the time, right? Well what if there was a way PAST the game board, so that whatever happens on the game board doesn't in the least bit affect your team?
    Arch, you'd be better off enhancing your reaction skills. Play the arcade over and over again till you get used to the feel of it. It's much more productive to get the handle of it rather than just a team. Though you want a team to handle certain handicaps, it still has to perform effectively.

Also, the game board doesn't decide the game, it's really the team that does. My entire arcade team was smacked with choice items (I HATE the ally item panel >_>) and I survived six battles, now I'm at 154. If I had a bad team, I would've lost, but it was the structure and synergy that got me through it all.

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years

Arch, you'd be better off enhancing your reaction skills. Play the arcade over and over again till you get used to the feel of it. It's much more productive to get the handle of it rather than just a team. Though you want a team to handle certain handicaps, it still has to perform effectively.

Also, the game board doesn't decide the game, it's really the team that does. My entire arcade team was smacked with choice items (I HATE the ally item panel >_>) and I survived six battles, now I'm at 154. If I had a bad team, I would've lost, but it was the structure and synergy that got me through it all.

Too lazy. lol
    Well, say if you get one of your key pokemon frozen, and you lose that game. The game board DID decide that game, as it froze your key pokemon.
    The team which I came up with tried to get around that part of the game, and get straight into the battling, without having to worry about what you chose the board to dish out. That's the whole point of the team.
    Sure I could work on the reaction time. But there's going to be at least once where you stuff up, and that's where I wanted the team to come in handy, so that if you DID stuff up, you didn't have to worry about it as much.
    I'm currently at battle 76 with it, and I haven't come close to losing a match yet.
    The only two panels which I see as a problem with the team are the "Switch Teams" and the "You get an Item" panel, as I could get a choice item, which would stuff up my streak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back