• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • Valorie Ryder

Valorie looked up at Selene, who was of course significantly taller than her, and nodded her head in response to Selene asking for forgiveness. It was not Selene who needed forgiving, or at least not as she saw it. A sense of relief came over Valorie to find that the uncomfortable air around them had lifted... Well, /almost/ lifted. Even then, it didn't feel the same knowing those feelings were out there in the air. Valorie would never apologize for those. She had not changed her mind regarding how she felt towards Selene. She had more been apologizing for the way she had expressed herself and how it may have upset Selene. Yet, their feelings had not yet been truly resolved. That... was a conversation much more appropriate for when they got a private moment together though. For the time being though she felt as if things were back to normal, or at least as normal as they got around here. /Seriously/, she had /N/ as a teacher! What the heck was up with that?! I mean, sure, he didn't seem like a bad guy, but could the guy that had nearly destroyed training as we know it in Unova really be teaching in a school..?! The thought was mind boggling. She was pretty sure his ideals would've conflicted with the schools... Could he really have had such a change of heart? It hadn't even been /that/ long ago! Sure he had had what must've been years, but her mind had difficulty accepting that he could just change like that. You didn't hear about Team Rocket's leaders turning into authority figures for children after all! Yet, here he was, living evidence that he was in fact reformed enough to teach at a school. Valorie, being young, was somewhat skeptical. She didn't know why, but her brain just couldn't accept that right at that moment. She heard Jason apologize, but it wasn't her place to reply, so she diverted her attention off into the crowd, back towards the stage where the speech had been given earlier.

"..."

Something caught her eye; a woman dressed in black sporting long blonde hair moved up onto the stage. That was Cynthia! This alone wouldn't have really impressed her, since she'd already known Cynthia would be here. Yet... after a few moments she was followed by ....Lance?! Valorie just sort of froze up. What was Lance doing here? She of course hadn't realized he was a teacher at the school yet. Cue Dragonair floating on down to try and figure out what Valorie was staring at. Valorie just sort of noticed the large serpent pokemon beside her and they both locked eyes for a moment before Dragonair made a pleasant expression and proceeded to float on off towards the stage... directly towards Lance. Around this time Steven Stone was moving to the stage, looking professional as always.

Meanwhile, Cameron Odell would've been notified of by HoTa staff that he too was wanted on the stage.

"Dragonair, no, /wait/..!"

Valorie panicked a bit as she watched Dragonair casually float up towards the stage, though Dragonair didn't seem to hear her over the crowd of people talking. And to be fair, Valorie didn't really have a loud, commanding voice. She looked horrified as Dragonair approached the stage. Lance seemed to notice Dragonair after a moment, perhaps because of his interest in dragon pokemon, perhaps because Dragonair was /really dang big/ even for a Dragonair. It only took him a moment to realize the serpent pokemon was heading straight for him. Dragonair stopped a handful of inches away from Lance, greeting him with a pleasant expression and cry. After a very brief moment Lance grinned in response, reaching up to pet Dragonair on the nose. Valorie... didn't know what to make of that. She was afraid Dragonair was going to embarrass her, quite frankly. For the moment, she was simply tense and unmoving, watching the stage with a worried expression on her face.

Stage Announcement

Everyone in the HoTa building would hear an announcement. It was Steven Stone speaking, and if they looked towards the stage they'd find him there along with Lance, Cynthia, and assumedly Cameron Odell.

Steven Stone: "If I could have everyone's attention for a moment."

Steven paused for a moment to give people time to react. Most of the talking died down as people realized they were being spoken to, though some remained. Steven seemed unphased by this, and when he continued to talk the remaining people quieted down over a few moments.

Steven Stone: "Thank you. It's been a real pleasure to watch you all grow as trainers right in front of my eyes. You may not understand it now, but perhaps when you're older you'll know what a treasure it is."

Steven paused again to let that sink in before continuing.

Steven Stone: "It's now time for the showcase battles. We will all be choosing one from amongst you to participate in a one on one battle."

A murmur passed through the crowd. Those within it might catch people talking about how they would or would not like to be picked and by who.

Steven Stone: "We'll all be using less experienced pokemon than normal though, so don't be too distraught!"

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Maxwell saw Bri returning Drizzle to his pokeball. Then it was just their last pokemon left who had to battle. Bri released an Igglybuff to his side of the field.

"Lets do this Slackey!" Maxwell said, Slackey crawled on his stomach up to the battlefield, when he reached his destination he sat up with a tired look in his eyes. But then the Igglybuff were distracted by Skye and his Cubchoo battling, she walked up to the Cubchoo and wanted to play with it. But it fended her off so she returned to the battlfield.

"Okay Slackey use---" Maxwell began to say, but he was cut off.

"If I could have everyone's attention for a moment."

Maxwell looked at the person speaking, holy crap! It was Steven Stone!
    Also on the stage Steven was standing on was Cynthia, Lance and Cameron Odell. Maxwell looked around to see if Gold was anywhere close, but unfortunetly he was nowhere to be seen.

Steven announced that he would be picking trainers to battle eachother, or something like that, Maxwell wasn't really listening. He was too busy being dissapointed that Gold wasn't there, but oh well. He didn't want to battle after this though, he was a bit tired and he just wanted to chill.

As Steven stopped talking, Maxwell turned his back so he could face Bri, not noticing the girl with a revive standing a little bit away from them.

"Okay Slackey use---" he was cut off again, this time by Slackey.
    "Sla, sla"[Wait slow down! You wan't me to fight her?!] he pointed at Bouncy.
    "Koth, koth!"[I refuse to! She's a baby for Arceus' sake! I would feel like a real jerk if I attacked her!] so Slackey crossed his arms and refused to move an inch.

"Hehe..." Maxwell gave off a vauge laugh. "Guess you get to move first again Bri." he said.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • Brian

Bouncy stopped fussing when Pala walked over. her face lit up and she bounced around Pala a moment.

"Not have apples! Just want play! You play with me?" Bouncy said happily. Then Pala was shot in the back by an attack and Bouncy was livid. She bounced up really high and Brian caught her before she could do anything else.

"Meanie! You meanie!" Bouncy shouted at the Axew. She looked over when Slackey came out and forgot her anger.

"Yay! You play with me?!" she shouted happily. She leapt to the ground. Bri then noticed the girl watching them battle. He waved uncertainly at her, then turned his attention to the announcement that was going on. No way he was going to battle any of them. He was having enough trouble with his fellow students. Bouncy was now singing queitly along with Rei. Bri glanced at Slackey and Max.

"No! You play with me!" Bouncy said indignantly to the Slakoth when he protested about battling her.

"It's ok... Just try to be gentle, ok?" Bri said quietly. Bouncy needed a bit of battle experience, and she seemed eager. He checked her moves. Sing, Charm, and Faint Attack. That was it? Well, he knew what Sing and Faint Attack did. What did Charm do? Time to find out...

"Bouncy, use Charm!" Bri said nervously. He was very aware the battle had drawn a crowd. Bouncy stopped bouncing around aimlessly and landed right in front of Slackey. She made big red puppy dog eyes at him.

"Play?" she said, cute as can be. Bri felt his own anxiety fade a little bit. He couldn't help it. She brought light into his world. He cared deeply for her, and was not going to let anything happen to her. Even if that meant he'd have to forfeit the battle. He wasn't going to let this go too far.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • "Come on Slackey, you can battle her. You heard what Brian said right? Just be gentle" Maxwell tried to convince his pokemon.
    *sigh* "Slaaa..."[*sigh* Ok fine...] Slackey said, "Koth, koth"[But I'm only doing this so that she'll get experience, 'K?]. Slackey already felt like a child-abuser for agreeing to this, but whats done is done.

Suddelnly, the little Igglybuff ran up to him, or bounced up to him rather. She stopped maybe an inch away from him, made big red puppy dog-eyes that seemed to stare into Slackey's soul. Then she said: "Play?" with the sweetest, cutest most adorable voice ever.

Slackey started to blush, completely dropping his guard. he felt his face becoming very hot and he wondered how he could ever agree to try to harm this little angel. "Slaaa!"[Of course I'll play with you, come here!] Slackey suddenly felt an urge to hug the cute little Igglybuff, so he stood up, held out his arms, picked up the baby-pokemon from the ground and began to hug the ever-living daylights out of her.

Then, Slackey felt a heavy weariness befall upon him and he slowly laid down with the Igglybuff still in his arms and fell asleep.

Nideous

Years
  • Brian

Bri was very surprised when Slakoth fell asleep after performing his attack. Bri had never battled a Slakoth before. Bouncy struggled her way out of his arms and scowled at him.

"No hug! I want play!" she said angrily as she began glowing with dark energy. Without even waiting for Bri to issue a command, she launched at him with Faint Attack. She bounced backwards.

"Bouncy! Um... In this game you need to wait for me to tell you what to do. If you just do that, then... Um... Then you will lose! Ok?" Bri said. He was struggling to try and put it in terms she would understand. She seemed to get it and bounced around happily.

"Ok Bri!" she said happily. Bri wondered what he should try next. Charm was out of the question. Sing would not do a lot, as Slackey was already sleeping.

"Ok, Bouncy, use Faint Attack again!" Bri said. Bouncy gave a little cheer and bounced at Slackey, glowing with dark power again.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • "Okay Slacky, its the next turn now, so naptime is over!" Maxwell made two short claps with his hands and suddenly, Slackey opend his eyes and saw Bouncy heading towards him.
    "Slackey use Shadow Claw!" Maxwell shouted. "Great, by using a Ghost-type move Slackey won't hurt Bouncy too much." he thought.
    "Sla, sla..."[I'll try...] Slackey said with a discouraged tone. He held up his claws in fron of him in a defensive pose, suddenly they started glowing in a murky light.

Bouncy got closer and closer until she hit the flat side of Slackey's claws. Slackey took a small step back, the impact was much more powerful then he thought. Even though she was still a baby, Bouncy sure was powerful. Slackey was a little surprised by her power and he decided to be a little more careful next time Bouncy attacked.

Nideous

Years
  • (OOC: Ghost moves won't hurt her at all. Just a heads up. :P )

Brian

The Shadow Claw did nothing to Bouncy and she bounced away happily.

"Buff! Fun! This is fun!" she said happily. She bounced around Slackey, while Bri was trying to figure out why the attack hadn't done anything to Bouncy. It had passed right through her... Hm...

"Ok... I don't get it... Whatever. Bouncy, go ahead and use Sing," Bri said warily. Bouncy cheered happily and stopped right in front of Bri. She opened her mouth and began singing a lovely little song. There were no words to the song, but the melody was putting Bri to sleep a little bit. He shook it off and looked at Slackey to see how it was effecting him.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Snype

Snype got up to his feet as well and gave off his large smile. He was growing bored as well just sitting around. He reckoned he would have to move around a bit more.

"Yeah, Mark couldn't have gotten too far. He was looking for a battle earlier so chances are that he probably found one." Snype said. His train of thought was quickly interrupted as there was an announcement on the stage. Snype could recognize who was up there. It was Steven Stone, Champion of Hoenn... well... he was the champion but he still has quite allot of praise.

"Showcase battles huh? Geez I'm sure these kids would die to battle one of the league champions... I'd love to get in on that action myself... hehe..." Snype said. He turned to Thyme again.

"Whadaya say we find a better view of the stage and watch some of the Showcase battles?"

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Slackey was relieved, his Shadow Claw hadn't hurt Bouncy at all, she bounced around him for a bit. He couldn't take his eyes off her as she moved around him, she was just soooo cute.

But suddenly, the little Igglybuff stopped bouncing around him and returned to her trainer. There she opend her mouth an out came a melody so beautiful and so soothing, that Slackey couldn't help to feel very tired.

"Slackey, use Chip Away! But be very gentle okay?" Maxwell said, this was a great opportunity! Whenever Slackey became tired, his sight would weaken. Usually this was a bad thing, but when he couldn't see that he was going to attack Bouncy, Slackey would follow the order like it was no big deal.

Slackey started walking very fast-paced until he reached Bouncy. As he stood before her, Slackey raised his claw, and bumped the Igglybuff in the head with its flat side. But then, he felt weary again. Shortly after he got this feeling, Slackey faceplanted into the ground and after an even shorter period of time, he started snoring.

Nideous

Years
  • (OOC: Mammoth, please bare in mind that Chip Away is not an auto hit move. As such, it is considered bad form to say whether it hit or not. You should describe your attack, and then leave it to the other person to describe if it hits. Just keep that in mind in the future, ok? XD)

Thyme

Thyme listened to the announcement with a passing interest. Then she began to think. What if she could pick up a few new stratigies from these champions? After all, they weren't called champions for nothing. And while she still didn't like battling, knowing a few more stratigies would be able to help her in the future when she has to battle for Brian. It was just another part of the training, first she had made herself stronger, with help from Snype and Len, and now she could observe the professionals.

"Ok, why not? It's not like we have anything better to do," Thyme said. She stodd around and waited for Snype to come with her. She reached out and took his hand when he got close enough.

"You go right ahead and get in on the action. I'm going to hang around and watch," Thyme said simply.

Brian

Bouncy was smacked on her head and went rolling away. Of course, she hadn't ben hit hard. She blinked her eyes a bit and began crying.

"Bouncy," Bri said quietly. She ignored him. She was mad, and she wasn't going to listen.

"No!!! That hurt! Owie!!!" Bouncy said angrily. She charged right for Slackey, powering up a Faint Attack, bouncing furiously at him.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
    Years
  • Jason's Ralts

Ralts stood still from the statement he had shouted he looked at the ground at disbelief 'Did i really just say that?'.

He sat back down on the battlefield looking out to the direction he last saw Jason.

'Did i really mean it?' his mind became lost in thought of how he truly felt towards his trainer.

A black spec started to become visible in the distance.

It looked really familiar, as if he had seen not too long ago.

An announcement could be heard from the stage, but Ralts didn't want to listen, until a certain line sparked his attention.

"It's now time for the showcase battles. We will all be choosing one from amongst you to participate in a one on one battle." announced a grey haired man.

An idea sprung into Ralts mind.

'Thats it i'll battle them' but than he began to think 'But i would not be able to battle unless Jason command me'.

Ralts went back into thought.

'If only there was someone else who could understand me...' Ralts was deep in thought, it was only untill a pair of wings got really close that he turned around to see the Rufflet from before coming towards him.

The Rufflet landed next to him, Ralts stared back at it.

With an uncaring tone Ralts finally spoke.

"What do you want?"

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • (OOC: Yea sorry, I kinda got carried away hehe...)

POW!!!
    Bouncy's Faint Attack hit Slackey right in the head and he was sent flying. With a loud crash he hit the ground and woke up with a puzzeld look on his face. "What was that?" Slackey thought, then he saw Bouncy standing a small distance away from him. She looked angry, but why? Suddenly Slackey noticed the small bruise on her head, where did it come from? Then he looked at his claw, he hadn't done it right? But, Slackey did remember hitting something when he was half asleep. Oh no! Why did he hit her!?

"Sla, sla, koth!?"[Maxwell, did you tell me to attack her while I was half asleep!?] he looked angrily at Maxwell.
    "U-um y-yes, a-as a matter of fact." Maxwell replied nervously, oh boy this was bad.
    "Sla, koth, KOTH!?"[Why did you tell me to attack her Maxwell? WHY!?] Slackey screamed at his trainer.

"Well, y-y-y'now ehehe..." Maxwell didn't have any good answer to this, except for the fact that he wanted to win this battle. But that would probably upset Slackey even more. So Maxwell just said: "I'm sorry okay? I didn't know you liked her so much.
    *sigh*"Sla, sla."*sigh*[Ok Maxwell, I can't be angry at you.] Slackey said in a calm voice.

Nideous

Years
  • (OOC: Bouncy is ten levels lower than Slackey. I find it pretty funny how she could send him flying from one attack. Though, it didn't seem to do much damage. :D lol, that one Chip Away probably did more to her than all of her attacks have done to him. XD)

Brian

Bouncy calmed down as fast as she had gotten mad. She calmed down and bounced around happily again. Bri was beginning to think she was ADD. He shook his head, beginning to laugh a little.

"Bouncy, your silly!" Bri said happily. She bounced around playfully.

"Fun! Yay! This is fun!" she called out happily. Bri shook his head and tried to think. Charm hadn't done that much. That left either Sing or Faint Attack.

"Bouncy, you are very silly. Go ahead and use Sing again!" Bri said as he shook his head. Bouncy stopped bouncing around and began Singing again as nice as she could. Bri smiled as he himself became a little drowzy.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • "Yes! Now we'll be able to attack her again!" Maxwell thought when he heard Bouncy use Sing. Slackey was just happy that she wasn't mad at him anymore. Maxwell let Slackey take in the singing, so that he would become drowzy.

The Sing hit Slackey's ear, "Oh, what a beautiful song..." he thought as the weariness once again, fell upon him. His eyes turned dim and his brain could only hear the soothing song.

"This is our chance!" Maxwell thought excited, this time they could win the battle! "Lets go Slackey!" he exclaimed, "Use Chip Away again! Only this time, put a little more power in it, okay?"
    "Sluh, sluuuu..."[Yea sure thing man, lets do this...] Slackey slurred, Maxwell tried to hold back a laughter, Slackey sounded like he was drunk.

Slackey crawled on his stomach towards Bouncy, when he reached her, he stood up and raised his claw. He held it over his head like a victory pose, blocking the sun a bit, causing his claw to shimmer.

(OOC: I find it quite hilarious how Maxwell has so much trouble of beating an Igglybuff who is ten levels lower than his own pokemon xD.)

Nideous

Years
  • Brian

Bouncy stopped singing when she saw Slackey standing over her with his claw raised. As it came down she began crying before it even touched her. When she got hit she went rolling backwards with a dazed look on her face.

"I don't wanna play anymore," she said, sounding very dizzy. Bri bent down and picked her up.

"It's ok Bouncy, you did good,"Bri said quietly. Bouncy hadn't been knocked out, but she was still done. She was very dizzy looking and was crying slightly, and there were two small bruises on her head, but nothing too bad.

"Well Max, it looks like you win," Bri said sadly. He was disappointed he had lost. And the fact that Bouncy had gotten hurt, however slightly, because he allowed her to battle was really bugging him. He stood still and looked at the ground. Bouncy buried her face in his shirt and continued crying.

"Oh, Bouncy, don't cry. It's ok," Bri said quietly, trying to comfort her. She wasn't crying because she was hurt. No, she was crying just to cry. She was frustrated. And nothing Bri could say would make her feel better. Sometimes you just had to let a baby cry it out.

(OOC: Well, she's a natural born battler. XD Even as a baby.)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Geneviève watched in shock as the Igglybuff did very well with her battle before crying and the battle was called to an end. Looking at the boy holding the crying baby Pokemon she made her way over shyly Sapphire at her side. "She did a really good job battling" she said shyly glancing up at the boy before digging through her bag and pulling out a poffin she had made. "Bouncy seems like a fitting name for her" she added feeling extremely shy and nervous.

"Hi there Bouncy" Geneviève said softly to the baby "It looks like you had fun when you were playing. If it's alright with your trainer I have a treat for you" she continued showing the boy her case of poffins.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Maxwell saw Bouncy going back to Brian, seemed like she didn't want to battle anymore. Maxwell quickly returned Slackey to his pokeball before he could see that he had attacked the Igglybuff again. Brian picked his ponemon up and said:
    "Well Max, it looks like you win,"

The way Brian said those words made Maxwell feel really bad and when Bouncy started crying, he felt like the biggest freaking jerk on the planet, he made a baby-pokemon cry for Ho-oh's sake!

Suddenly a girl walked up to Bri, she had long pinkish hair and she wore a green dress.
    "Wow, shes pretty cute." Maxwell thought and started blushing, he immideatly hit his own head as hard as he could with his fist. This wasn't a time to be thinking about girls! Now he felt like an idiot too.

Maxwell walked up to them both,
    "Bri, that was one of the most awesome battles I've ever had!" he said cheerfully to Brian "You're really strong man!". he continued with a smile on his face.
    "You also did great Bouncy!" he said to the Igglybuff still crying in Bri's t-shirt "You managed to send Slackey flying! Not many pokemon would be able to do that!"
    Then he turned to the girl who was talking to Brian,
    "I'm terribly sorry if I interrupted your conversation," he said "I'm Maxwell, pleased to meet you." then he made a small bow before the girl.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Snype smiled as Thyme took his hand. Normally was about to do the same but Thyme seemed to be quicker with it which was nice either way. Snype looked around the crowd of people to see about finding a good enough view to battles... if they were high up then they would be more easy to spot. Had to be somewhere they could keep well hidden while watching the battles easily.

"Hmm... we aren't going to see anything from down on the ground. See anything we can use to get a good view of the stage?" Snype asked Thyme as he began to look around the building.

Nideous

Years
  • Brian

Bouncy stopped crying immediately when the girl pulled out her poffin case and seemed to be offering her one. Bri swallowed a bit. His nervousness around girls catching up with him yet again.

"Um... Uh... You... You really think so?" Bri said quietly when she had complemented Bouncy. Bouncy was watching the poffin case.

"I want!" she said, sniffling a little, but her pushiness returning.

"Oh! Um, I guess Bouncy can have one, if you really want to. I'm Bri, by the way," Bri said quietly. Then Max walked over and also complemented him on his battling. This made Bri blush quite a bit. He liked being the center of attention quite a bit, but this was getting crazy! He had lost! Why were they complementing him? His only conclusion was that they were trying to make him feel better. Bouncy looked at Max a moment before returning her gaze to the poffin case.

"I want!" she said indignantly. Bri shifted her in his arms.

"Bouncy, don't be so pushy," Bri said, not caring or even thinking about the fact that they might find it weird that he was acting like he could understand his pokemon.

Thyme

"How the heck would I know? I'm shorter than you, remember? Why do yopu think I spend so much time on Brian's shoulder?" Thyme said calmly. She did keep her eye out for a perch, however all she saw was legs from humans she didn't know and didn't care to know. She was way out of her element, so she clung to Snype as he guided her through the sea of legs.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Geneviève smiled a bit and took a Poffin out of the case giving it to Bouncy. "there you go" she said turning her head as another boy with spiky brown hair came over to them. Geneviève recognized him as the boy who had battled Bri. A faint blush covered her cheeks as he bowed to her introducing himself. "N-Nice to meet you two. I-I'm Geneviève" she said shyly still blushing as she looked at Max "he's kinda cute" she thought before looking down shyly seeing Sapphire next to her.

"Oh this is my only Pokemon Sapphire. She looks different than most Simipour but I think that makes her more special" she added as Sapphire stepped up and looked at the two boys before looking at Geneviève crossing her arms as if to say 'I don't like them'.

Back