• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snypes face became red when he heard Dratini's reasoning for seeing Mark as a dad. Because they locked lips? It... well... perhaps it made sense. Dratini was only a child after all. Then the mom would be... Snype flushed again. Think of the funny outcome of Mark and Valorie being the parents of this Dratini. It was funny how innocent the young Pokemon was. ["Guess your right. They seem to be very close now huh? Hehe... I'm good friends with Mark so... if it's alright... maybe that would make me your big brother then eh?"] Snype said cheerfully.

Mark was happy Valorie accepted his jacket. He was going to need it back eventually but at least she was warm. "Really? Seems to be quite a bond. I'm happy for you two. You seem to have a pretty good connection with your Pokemon. Heh..." Mark said. "...Yeah I may head back later. I'm actually getting pretty tired myself..." Mark said relaxing on his back.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Dratini seemed slightly taken aback, giving Snype a funny look and not responding for a moment. He seemed to have said /something/.

"...What's a brother?"

Dratini had asked the question in such an innocently curious way. The way she said the word brother awkwardly even suggested she hadn't used the word before, as she had a lot of difficulty pronouncing it. She honestly didn't know! Valorie had no siblings, nothing for Dratini to learn the concept from, let alone the word. Snype had just introduced a completely foreign concept to Dratini.

Meanwhile, Valorie, taking it one step further, lightly leaned on Mark. She had figured it wasn't a big step away from wearing his jacket. She of course wasn't putting her whole weight against him, only part of it. The gesture was actually more affectionate than anything.

"Yeah... sometimes I worry that Charmander gets really jealous though. I got lots of sleep last night, so I'm fine until you're ready to go."

Valorie had of course, subtly mentioned that she didn't always get lots of sleep.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 20 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15 (Bite, Dig, Rock Slide, Facade, Return, Toxic)
frilish.png
Frillish ♀ Lv. 10 (Absorb, Bubble, Night Shade, Toxic, Watersport)
---
---

Megaman765

Years
["You don't know? Ah... how to explain... A brother is another sibiling that can be two things, A total nusscience, or your closest friend. Brothers... well... they look after their brothers and sisters pretty much. They all look after eachother. "Kehehe. I kinda consider Mark over here like a brother. We look after each other till the end."] Snype explained to her, hoping she could understand the concept.

Mark noticed Valorie lightly leaning against him. He simply smiled. "I can stay as long as you want to stay... heh." Mark said calmly, looking up to the sky. He didn't want to leave Valorie's side anytime soon. It was a nice moment together... even though he hadn't confessed how she felt about her. It seemed to soon yet... they seemed to be close already As Valorie leaned closer to him, Mark put his arm around her back and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Dawn

Years
Dratini stared at Snype for a moment before adopting a saddened expression. She seemed disappointed in herself, somehow.

Dratini: "I'm confused.."

Dratini had difficulty understanding the concept. Perhaps it needed to be made simpler for the still developing Pokemon.

Valorie was no longer so squeamish about her personal space like she had been immediately following the incident earlier. Though she noted it probably made them look like a couple. What could she say though? It was comfortable, and it helped her to cope with the trauma she had experienced from earlier. She said nothing as her wrapped an arm around her, perhaps because her mind was elsewhere. She was thinking about earlier, and on top of that she was also thinking about training and battling.

Meanwhile, Charmander glanced at the two and huffed a bit, no doubt finding a way to get jealous of Mark. Yet, after a moment she simply went back to what she was doing, only slightly more annoyed.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 20 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Mark leaned closer to Valorie. "Sure has been quite a day huh? Second day and already this has been some of the best moments of my life. To top it off I've met so many people..." Mark said as he gazed at the night sky. "I feel like I could stay out here all night. Heh. Shame we gotta get up for classes tomorrow..."

Snype scratched his head thinking how he could explain it more simply. ["Well... think of it as a friend that's always by your side. Buddies I suppose. I dunno it's kinda hard to explain..."] Snype said pondering how else he could explain the brother thing.

"I uh... I'm not making you feel uncomfortable or anything am I...? Just curious..." Mark asked.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Valorie sighed in a content manner. She seemed pretty relaxed at this point, all things considered.

"I've never /been/ at the beach after sunset before. It's not bad..."

Valorie glanced at Mark briefly when he had asked if she was uncomfortable. She tensed slightly, momentarily worried that she had done something wrong. She thought she was doing a great job of controlling her emotions. After said moment, she used her confidence to ignore the feelings and relaxed again.

"Nope! I guess I'm just feeling thankful to have you alive and well beside me."

Meanwhile Dratini seemed to get it, though to what extent nobody knew.

Dratini: "Oooh...!"

Dratini leaned down and lightly poked Snype with the tip of her nose. Valorie briefly glanced at the serpent pokemon to see what she was up to. Seeing that nothing /particularly/ weird was going on Valorie turned her attention back to Mark.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

Megaman765

Years
Snype laughed playfully at Dratini as she poked him with his nose. [Kehe... I guess you sorta understand what I'm talking about then huh kiddo?"] Snype said lightly poking back at Dratini's nose.

"Yeah... its really nice..." Mark looked over to the group that was still enjoying the Barbeque and back to Valorie, giving a bright smile to her. "Well, I'm just glad to be alive in General. Haha... again you really saved my life there. I feel like I gotta repay you somehow..." Mark said. He looked at the sky.

"...seems to be getting late. Maybe we should head back. Wouldn't want to fall asleep in our classes tommorow right?" Mark said patting her shoulder. "Mind if I walk with ya? At least up to your dorm building? I dunno if trainers from other dorms are allowed in other dorm buildings..." He asked her.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Nathan had finally reached the Pokemon Center. He took our his pokeballs and gently placed them onto the tray the the kind Nurse Joy had offered him. "Here you go." Nathan said politely as he smiled at the nurse and her Audino. Nurse Joy slid Nathan's pokeballs under her machine. It ruffled and made slight buzzing noises not long before Nathan's pokemon were fully healed. "There you are, all perfectly healed." The nurse said happily. "We hope you come here again someday." "Thanks again." Nathan said smiling and nodding. Before he left entriely though he deicded to visit his PC; he forgot about piplup and it seemed he wanted to refine her more. Ever since the swablu battle he knew she needed a lot of work; even with icy wind she nearly got defeated and only scraped in a draw. Beep Beep! Nathan switched on the PC. His mothers face slowly materialised on the screen after he punched in his home number. "Hi Darling, how had everything been?" "Alright, I suppose. Everyone is moving so fast I can hardly keep up. I think I'll take things easy. I mean they can all go and waste their energy; while I'll train silently." "Haha, that my boy." She said with a joyful grin on her face. "Anyway, I need to get Piplup if that's okay." "Sure hun, Ill send her over." In an instant piplup's pokeball was in Nathan's hands. I popped open even quicker and piplup was exctatic. "PIIIIIIIIP" It screamed with elation. It then quickly hid under Nathan's suit. "Anyway, thanks mum." Nathan said pleased. "Bye." "Bye sweety, take care." The PC shutdown. Nathan quietly walked outside into the fresh air. It seemed everyone was near the beach. Nathan wanted to battle he didn't care who, just anyone. "HEY, ONE OF YOU COME OVER HERE AND BATTLE, I NEED SOME REFINING." Nathan shouted amazingly loud. He hoped someone would notice..

Dawn

Years
Dratini was poked on the nose. She squirmed and then yawned idly. Considering all the battles the pokemon had had that day it was impressive that she wasn't more tired.

Dratini: "...Yeah!"

Meanwhile, Valorie shook her head lightly. She couldn't take credit for everything. She wanted to be respected for what she did, not what people thought she did.

"The others jumped in and helped... especially Selene."

And then he mentioned going back. Valorie figured it wasn't such a big deal. Would anyone really complain that they were walking with eachother? It didn't seem likely to her. The question of whether they were allowed in eachothers dorms remained unanswered, though.

"Alright-"

Suddenly, someone was yelling about wanting a battle. Valorie stopped mid-sentence and glanced at Mark, raising an eyebrow as if to ask what was up with that. Awkward ways to find a battle aside, she was actually heavily tempted to accept the challenge. She figured it would be a good way to train. Yet, she got the slight feeling that Mark very much wanted to spend a bit of extra time with her. Oh decisions, decisions.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian watched the two sitting down on the beach. He smiled and turned back to the conversation. Then he heard someone shouting for a battle. Someone he didn't know. That presented a problem. Did he go over and introduce himself, and risk having to battle? Or not? Bri looked him over. He was dressed in an immaculate suit, with a blue tie. Bri could only assume that he was a part of Suicune dorm. They were supposed to be the best of the best. And here he was, unable to even beat someone from a supposedly weaker dorm! But, his curiousity got the better of him. He walked over.
"Hi! My name is Brian! I've never seen you before! What's your name? Want a burger?" Brian said eagerly. He hoped that this boy wouldn't mistake his joy at meeting new people for eagerness to battle.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Watching Valorie and Mark getting so close to each other made Selene ridiculously happy - of course she couldn't take full credit for the two getting together, but she liked to think that her meddling had helped the process along somewhat...that and Mark's brush with death of course. She sat and talked to Horsea, just spending her time telling the pokemon about herself, about her other pokemon, introducing them all until Ri and Ryan were sat in the water with Horsea and Blu was perched on Sel's shoulder, snoozing.

Horsea seemed very intelligent, her large eyes flicked between Selene and her pokemon, mainy training themselves on Sel. She also seemed to be relaxing in Selene's presence, until Sel finally felt comfortable lifting Horsea out of the paddling pool and holding her. Horsea tensed up at first, but took a long look at Sel and relaxed, chirruping her name cheerfully. Sel grinned and patted Horsea's head, standing up and making her way over to the barbeque. She stopped in front of Mark and Valorie and winked at them, holding out her finger, "And there was me thinking Mark nearly dying was a bad thing...I don't think that was just CPR!" she laughed, only teasing the two, and walked over to where Bri and Jack were cooking to get her and her pokemon some food. And anyway, they were making it MORE than clear that they liked each other! it was beyond sweet...but Sel hoped that she didn't end up being the third wheel, she thought anxiously, biting her bottom lip.

"So, chef, what do you have for us?" she asked Brian happily, as Ri dove into the pile of pokeblocks, routing through. She knew he was looking for a red pokeblock, his favourite, judging by how blue, pink and yellow pokeblocks were flying past her face. "RI! Be careful yeah! Other pokemon want to eat these too!" She reached down and picked up a blue pokeblock, holding it to Horsea. The pokemon tasted it tentatively, then took hold of it in her wing/flipper things and began munching on it happily.

She watched as a boy with an even louder mouth than her own shouted out requesting, no DEMANDING, a battle with one of them! What was that all about - no need to be so rude! "HEY!" yelled Selene, arms folded and an eyebrow raised, "WE ARE NOT WILD POKEMON THAT YOU CAN DEMAND TO PRACTICE ON! YOU MAY THINK YOU'RE SOME BIG SUICUNE DORM HOTSHOT BUT IF YOU DON'T ASK POLITELY NOT EVEN WE LOWLY ENTEI AND RAIKOU DORM-ERS WILL ENTERTAIN YOU." Perhaps she was picking on things, but she couldn't stand people with bad manners who were so obnoxious. She turned to Brian and sighed, "Bri...I don't think that guy is interested in sharing a sausage with us...if you don't want to fight him just...well, just don't take him on yeah?"

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Skye turned at the voice. That was that boy Nathan, was it? Volca walked up to him and gave him a demanding look. "Yuh-You too n-now?" he asked and Volca nodded. Volca usually could care less. Then again he disliked loud noises. That was probably Skye's fault but oh well. Seeing Bri walk over, he went to join him. Ellie gave a cheerful yelp and Rama growled playfully. it had been a while since they had seen Volca in action. "Eh-hex-cuse me," he began softly. "B-But y-you sh-hould be a bih-hit muh-more con-con sih-hiderate. Soh-home p-people are tr-trying to relax. How-eh-eh-ever, I'll b-battle you i-if you want."

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Luckily for Alice, Skye stepped in and introduced themselves to everyone. Because everyone seemed so busy with other things that they didn't even bother to turn their heads, Bri introduced the others. Jack, the one Alice referred to as Jacobs before, turned and gave them a nod. Alice simply nodded back. The blond girl was named Valorie. Okay. Sure that she now knew everyone's name and face - this was important to know, Alice walked a few feet away from everyone, but not so far that she was separated once more.

"We'll be over here. Don't worry 'bout us," she said sarcastically, sitting down next to where the food was being cooked. In the distance, somebody shouted, loudly requesting a battle. "WE ARE NOT WILD POKEMON THAT YOU CAN DEMAND TO PRACTICE ON! YOU MAY THINK YOU'RE SOME BIG SUICUNE DORM HOTSHOT BUT IF YOU DON'T ASK POLITELY NOT EVEN WE LOWLY ENTEI AND RAIKOU DORM-ERS WILL ENTERTAIN YOU," Selene loudly shouted. Alice, Bean, Jem, and Savannah all flinched with wide eyes at the loud scream. Talk about strong lungs. Skye walked over to the guy who wanted to battle. It seemed Volca wanted to take him on. Alice smiled and followed him. She wanted to watch this battle, especially because of how skilled Skye was. "I'll be cheering you on, if you don't mind!" Alice said with a confident smile. Her three Pokémon ran and caught up to her.

Dawn

Years
Valorie glanced up at Selene, hearing her loud voice. Valorie was impressed by Selene's courage when confronting others to say the least. Valorie could be rather loud when battling, but generally preferred to avoid trouble and personal confrontation. The difference between Valorie reacting to a pokemon battle and Valorie reacting to a fight or argument were two polar opposite things. She was aware of how little she wanted to do the latter. Meanwhile, Charmander no doubt found herself some barbecued chicken and chowed down in a fashion that could potentially make nearby bird pokemon nervous. Morbid humor aside, Charmander wasn't all that much of a fan of pokeblocks in general.

For the moment, Valorie did not say anything, but simply watched Selene.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

SelenaStar

Years
Huffing, Selene gave the boy one last filthy look and whirled around, picking up a hot dog and some chicken in one hand and balancing Horsea in one arm, and stalking back off to where Mark and Valorie were. She eyed the pair up, making sure she wasn't interrupting any 'moment' between the two. They didn't seem to be particularly caught up in anything...she went and sat next to them, putting Horsea back in the paddling pool and folding her arms with a loud huff.

"That absolute ass. Can you believe the way he spoke to us?? I seriously felt like going over there and giving him a SERIOUS piece of my mind!" she shook her head, irritatedly like she was trying to rid herself of an annoying fly, and smiled at Mark and Valorie. "So! What have I missed? Married yet?" and she took a large bite of hot dog, still smiling at the two as she chewed.

Megaman765

Years
"And there was me thinking Mark nearly dying was a bad thing...I don't think that was just CPR!" Selene teased. Mark's face became completely red and he fell right on his back as he tried to get up.

"W...what? Hey! T...that was a life saver it wasn't like..." Mark said to Selene but she already ran off back to the BBQ. He quickly looked over to Valorie and turned completely red remembering that little experience. That completely just made him more nervous then he had to be.

In the distance there was a trainer practicly demanding a battle. Not this late at night... if Mark battled now he would never wake up for classes tomorrow. He shrugged it off and allowed the next person to challenge him. So much going on but Mark felt like he needed some sleep if he was going to get up tommorow.

Selene quickly came back and said "So! What have I missed? Married yet?" Mark again blushed again. Sheesh such a tease.... not that it was bad or anything. It was pretty funny, even if it made thigns somewhat awkward.

Years
Jack tried to not let that kids shouting get to him but it was a chain reaction first him then Selena began screaming. Worst part Brian offered this guy some of our food after he disturb what was such a good time with everyone else. The fact that this guy didn't disturb Jack who looked over at Blade who gave him a nod signalling that he's ready for anything now. It was getting very dark but Jack just couldn't stay away, even if it meant that he would miss out on some class tomorrow it didn't matter. "I'll battle you" Jack stopped cooking and tapped Blaze on his head telling him to stop spouting flames for a second. He walked up to the trainer in the blue tie, obviously a Suicune Dorm snob, Jack really wanted to teach this guy a lesson especially since he knew that the only reason he himself is not in Suicune dorm is personal choice.

Dawn

Years
Valorie remained silent when Selene talked about the boy who had yelled earlier. Considering she was hyper competitive it could be considered odd that she didn't like putting down others. Valorie made a frustrated face. The teasing scraped her mood raw and she found herself angsting over recent events again. She had her gaze set on Dratini, who peered back up at her curiously. Charmander meanwhile strolled up to the group with a chicken bone in her mouth. Charmander didn't seem to be aware of it, that or she didn't care. Valorie looked to Charmander, who seemed to be bored in expression. A distraction was forming in her head, slowly but surely.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

SelenaStar

Years
"Aahhh come on guys, I'm only kidding you!" said Selene happily as she picked the chicken wing clean - she didn't believe in waste. Ri sat chomping the other chicken wing with gusto, and Ryan and Horsea had finished their pokeblocks and was watching the bottomless pit that was Riolu with surprise - he ate so much!! Blu watched indifferently - he knew how much of a trashcan Ri was.

It seemed her teasing wasn't going down too well, judging by Valorie's face and Mark falling backwards into the sand, toppled over by the force of only her words. She coughed and looked around, suddenly feeling somewhat awkward. Maybe it had already happened...maybe she was already the third wheel..."Hummm...so, it's pretty late now..." she said slowly, making small talk. She looked up and noticed that Jack had accepted the Suicune-dorm boy's shouted challenge, this late?? He must've really been up for it...

Megaman765

Years
"Heh... sure." Mark said getting back up from his little fall. "I guess we should head back huh?" Mark asked them "We were actually thinking of walking back soon. If we don't get up early tommorow we'll end up completelly falling asleep in our classes." Mark got up on his feet and offered to help Valorie up as well before he packed up everything.

Snype and Commodore went over to Mark to help him get everything in his bag.

Back