• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"Yeah, good idea...it is really late, and it's kind of too cold to sleep out here." She returned her pokemon to their pokeballs and took the paddling pool back to the group of trainers she had borrowed it from, thanking them. She then rolled up her beach towel and put it in her bag, pulling her cardigan around herself tightly and shivering slightly. She waved over to Jack, "Have a good battle!! See you tomorrow!!" and she waved at Brian, who was also by Jack and the Suicune trainer.

"Are we ready guys?" she waited for Valorie to come over - she wanted to have a quiet word with her without Mark being there as she had said at the beach earlier before she caught Horsea. She hoped that Valorie wasn't too tired.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie casually stood up, smiling awkwardly at Mark. She'd declined his help on the basis that she really didn't need it, but she was always trying not to be ungrateful.

"I'm ready to go back when you guys are..."

She glanced at Selene briefly. It then occured to her that they were all in different dorms. She found it somewhat disappointing, but it was a minor inconvenience.

"Whose dorm are we going to first?"

Valorie of course didn't know where any of the other dorms were. She wondered if she would be invited to stay over again like last time. She of course didn't have the guts to ask herself, so she just remained silent.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 20 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15 (Bite, Dig, Rock Slide, Facade, Return, Toxic)
frilish.png
Frillish ♀ Lv. 10 (Absorb, Bubble, Night Shade, Toxic, Watersport)
---
---

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian was yawning a lot. It was already after dark, and the group seemed to be breaking up. He looked out at the sea. Drizzle and Snivy were out of the water, and walking toward him. Duster stood next to him smirking.
"Hey guys, I'm going to call it a night. See you tomorrow everyone!" Brian said. He picked his bag up. Snivy and Drizzle had caught up with him.
"Heh, she's a pretty good swimmer," Drizzle said.
"Not really," Snivy mumbled, she climbed up on Bri's shoulder. She was shivering.
"Well, we're going back to the room, ok guys?" Brian said. His pokemon agreed, and he set out for his dorm, waving to all of his friends.

SelenaStar

Years
"Well...I have a lot of stuff to take back to my place with all the sunchairs...we could go to mine first? I think all the dorms are pretty close together..." she folded up the sunlounger and picked it up. She then edged over to Valorie and nudged her gently with her elbow.

"Hey Val...do you want to stay over at my place tonight? I have a fold-out bed you can use and there's an en-suite bathroom, so there's plenty of space...you don't have to obviously, but it might be nice to chill without any testosterone around," she grinned and rolled her eyes, looking towards Mark. Truth was, she was worried for Valorie - although whatever was there between her and Mark seemed to have come on leaps and bounds today she didn't seem happy about it. If anything she seemed agitated and like she wanted to close herself off more from everybody, and Sel didn't want her to feel isolated.

Sel began walking off towards the dorms, at a slow pace so Mark and Valorie could follow.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark stuffed his towel back into his bag and followed Selene. She had apparently invited Valorie to stay over at her Dorm. A sleepover... Mark assumed he wasn't invited. A girl thing probably. Mark decided to follow them though since Valoire still had his jacket and all.

Mark picked up one of Selene's sunchairs and followed suit. Mark returned commodore to its pokeball ad Snype jumped up onto Mark's shoulder. He walked side by side with the girls as they headed toward Selene's Dorm. "Sheesh, this was quite a day huh?" Mark poked at his own arm a little. despite the sunscreen he had a little bit of sunburn on his skin. Didn't hurt too much luckily...

SelenaStar

Years
"Ha, bit burned are we?" asked Selene, laughing slightly, rolling up her sleeve and checking her own tan. It was developing nicely...that tanning gel was fantastic stuff!! "You should've used my tanning gel rather than your sunscreen!! Then you'd be golden brown instead of as pink as a Luvdisc!!" They traipsed through the beach to the campus, and Selene looked around at all the glass buildings, looking out for the sign pointing to Entei dorm. Ah, there it was! Didn't seem too far away...

"It has been a great day...apart from the failure of a lesson that was Pokemon Mythology," she rolled her eyes and sniffed dismissively. "The beach is stunning...and I haaave a Horseaaa" she sang chirpily, clasping her hands together. "Did you guys have fun? Apart from the whole...you nearly dying thing..."

Dawn

Years
Valorie looked to Selene. Once again she seemed slightly surprised to be asked, but this time she felt a bit more comfortable with the idea. Partially because nobody teased Valorie about her friendship with Selene. Partially because she had had a while to get used to things around the school this time around. She smiled lightly at the notion that it was a girls only thing, a slumberparty, if you could even call it that with only two people.

"Alright... but I should probably get my clothes from my dorm. Don't want to wear this all night!"

She gestured lightly at herself, indicating her bathing suit. She then shifted Dratini into both arms, cuddling the serpent pokemon. Charmander meanwhile had decided to just hang around Valorie's feet. Hopefully she didn't step on the poor thing or anything like that.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 20 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

Megaman765

Years
"Har har har" Mark replied back to Selene. Once they arrived at her dorm, Mark placed down the sunloungers behind the wardrobe. He couldn't wait to relax in a bed but he knew he wasn't going to be staying here with the girls. "Well, today was probobly the best day I've had in the academy so far!" Mark said cheerfully, hanging on to his bag. "Guess I should head back to my Dorm... it was fun hanging out with you guys." He said glancing at Valorie.

Mark smiled. "I'll uh... see you all later then huh?" Mark said as he walked out of the door and waved, giving off a smile to Valorie. He closed the door behind him and headed off to his Dorm...

(Sorry if these posts seem rushed >.< I'm multitasking like heck over here so I'm kinda not thinking straight XD)

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian arrived at Entei dorm just after Mark and the others. He walked past them with a wave at them. Snivy had dripped dry, and was starting to feel warm. Duster shook herself out, and fur was very poofy, and he laughed at her. He changed into his pajamas and went to sleep. Duster curled up next to him, and was asleep in seconds. Snivy sat down next to the window. Drizzle jumped on the desk next to her.
"So, did you enjoy the beach?" Drizzle asked.
"It was fun. Thank you for trying to teach me to swim," Snivy said. Drizzle was surprised, but didn't show it.
"No problem! It was fun for me too! Heh, so, why don't you tell me about yourself. I've been wondering why you don't have a name. I know Bri loves giving them out!" Drizzle said.
"I do have a name!" Snivy said.
"And it is?" Drizzle asked.
"Thyme," Snivy said softly.
"Time? It's uh... I can't read human numbers, sorry!" Drizzle said.
"Not time, Thyme! Like the herb! My first trainer give it to me when I hatched. That was way before I met Bri," Snivy said.
"So, why don't you use it anymore?" Drizzle asked.
"I may tell you later. But for now, I'm going to sleep," Snivy said.
"Night, Thyme," Drizzle said with a grin. Snivy looked at him oddly, then went to bed.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Skye sighed and returned Volca. This wasn't worth it. It was nice out but he had class tomorrow. He stepped back for Jack and smiled at Nathan. "M-Maybe next tuh-time. Ih-hit's late. Good n-n-night." Returning Volca, he headed back to his dorm and shut the door. Feeling sand on his skin, he went to clean up, placing his Pokemon on the bed. It would be a long time before they all got to sleep. All four of them knew that.

SelenaStar

Years
Laughing in agreement, Sel grinned at Valorie, "It's okay - you can borrow a pair of my PJ's...I think I actually have a Dratini pair that you can borrow if I brought them with me," she bent down level with Dratini and grinned, "How would you like that Dratini? Perfect way to show respect, on pyjamas!!!" Now that they were back at her dorm...well, she was just looking forward to getting her PJs on and relaxing, maybe with some popcorn and having a chat with Valorie, but if Valorie wanted to go back to her dorm to pick up some stuff then she'd be fine with that.

Turning to Mark, Sel smiled sheepishly. "Thanks pal, it has been a real blast!! I'm glad Frillish didn't kill you...next time I have a sleepover I'll organise a REAL slumber party for everyone! actually..." she paused, thoughtfully, "it is my birthday soon...I think I'll get a slumber party organised for then!!" She watched as Mark looked at Valorie, saying goodbye, and she couldn't help but smile warmly as she turned her head away, busying herself with something on her desk so they could have a moment.

After he'd left, she turned to Valorie and smiled, reaching into her bag. "You can let your pokemon out of their pokeballs if you'd like, my pokemon just sleep here with me, but I have a few beanbags that your pokemon can use if you want?" She turned to her wardrobe and pulled open the doors, rummaging through the shelves. "Ha!" she exclaimed, pulling out a blue pair of pyjamas, with small curled up Dratini all over the pant legs and a glittery blue Dratini on the tank top. "Here you go! You can use these if you'd like..." The rest of Sel's pyjamas were either Raichu or Swablu themed, but she did have a pair of Horsea pyjama shorts and top that she felt were appropriate for tonight. Sel pulled some large pink beanbags from under her bed for Valorie's pokemon if she wanted to use them and set about unfurling her inflatable guest bed, plugging it into the power socket and turning the dial to inflate. Smiling at Valorie apologetically, she fluffed up some pillows and found a spare duvet, "It's really noisy!" she said over the sound of the bed inflating. When everything was set up and ready, Selene sat cross legged on her bed and watched Valorie. "So...is everything okay? You seemed more reserved than usual before...popcorn?" she asked, having found a bag of toffee popcorn in her bedside table.

Dawn

Years
Valorie turned to look at Mark and smiled, though she seemed almost sad for an unknown reason. After a moment she spoke.

"Oh hey! Your jacket..."

She took off Mart's jacket and handed it to him.

"Bye Mark. I'll see you tomorrow."

Her tone was friendly, very much so. It would he difficult to tell exactly what had just happened. Dratini stared at Mark as he went to leave. The serpent pokemon was sad to see him go. Never-the-less Dratini would let him. Dratini let out a low cry, attracting Valorie's attention. Dratini apparently did not like being separated from either of its two parents. Valorie's looked down and adjusted her hold on Dratini, cuddling her a bit higher. Valorie of course didn't know what exactly had upset Dratini.

She followed Serene to her dorm room. She was silently glad that she had chosen to wear a skirted bikini instead orbs regular one. The skirted variety was... more modest, to say the least. She gave Charmander a stern look when Selene mentioned letting her pokemon out.

"That means you have to behave, Charmander."

Charmander looked up at Valorie and huffed as if the request was completely unnecessary. Valorie was unimpressed with the display but said nothing. She took a pokeball from her belt and let Trapinch it of her ball. Trapinch shuddered and let out a large yawn before stretching her four stubble legs and cheerfully greeting Charmander. Charmander casually acknowledged Trapinch before wandering off to do her own thing. Trapinch just seemed to accept this and promptly started walking around the room. Valorie took the Dratini PJs and thanked Selene, light heartedly giggling away any awkwardness awkwardness over sharing clothes.

Valorie set Dratini down and wandered into the bathroom and changed into the pajamas. Dratini meanwhile stared at the door the entire time Valorie was in there as if afraid her trainer wasn't coming out. Seeing as her bathing suit was not yet dry she did not wear it underneath. After observing herself in the mirror for a few moments she headed back out. Dratini seemed to find the pajamas hilarious. She of course thought that was specifically her on them. She had never met another of her kind. Her kind was rare like that.

Valorie smiled at Dratini, sitting down across from Selene on the inflated bed. She crossed her legs idly, setting her hands in her lap. Then Selene had asked a question. Valorie looked up at Selene and recalled the talk thy had almost had earlier. She took a couple of pieces of popcorn and tossed them into her mouth. She remembered what she had been about to tell Selene. After of course swallowing the popcorn she spoke.

"Well... I guess I'm just..."

Valorie froze up. Admitting weakness was hard for her. She found herself having difficulty saying it this time. Her gaze went down to her lap, frustration appearing on her face.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Alice watched Skye as he declined the battle in the end. Maybe it was because he noticed the others leaving? He walked off, along with everyone else, except Jack and the guy who was challenging everyone. Alice stood up and walked along the shore, with her Pokémon following silently behind her. She didn't care if she fell asleep in class, and she didn't care if she got in trouble. Heck, the teachers weren't going to show up; when they did, nothing happened during class. A short worksheet was given out and the day was done. Alice didn't care about anything here anymore. She realized that she had left her little sister for no reason, if all she was going to do here is mess around. But what else could she do, if she was unoccupied the entire time?

Suddenly, Alice noticed a bright red dot flickering in the distance. It looked almost like a small meteor that had somehow crashed down from space. She recalled Bean and Savannah, picked up Jem, and ran over to it. "Hya!" the red glowing dot said. Alice looked at it in confusion. The light flickered again and lit up even brighter, this time giving off all the colors of the rainbow. Jem blew fire on a pile of driftwood, so the surrounding area was lit up. It was a Staryu! It was trembling as if it had been severely injured. Alice squatted down in front of it and narrowed her eyes. It didn't look too bad. If anything, the poor thing was just paralyzed. Alice took a pokéball from her belt and tossed it onto the Staryu. Absorbed into the red and white capsule, it shook one, two, three times until it stopped and was still. Alice picked up the ball and tossed it, releasing the Staryu again.

"Hya… hya…" it said weakly. "Don't worry, we'll help you, Buck," Alice said to it. Jem looked at her questioningly. "Its name is Buck because of Starbucks. Get it?" Alice explained. Jem stared back at her silently. "Oh whatever, Bean would find it funny." Alice put Jem down on the ground and picked up Buck. She ran as fast as she could; as fast as she would whenever she went for sprints. Running into the center, Alice handed Nurse Joy the injured Starfish.

"It'll be fine in no time. Staryu can grow back their body parts if they're ever severed, so a little jolt of electricity won't do a thing," Joy explained after gingerly observing it. So, Buck was shocked by something. Maybe a Lanturn. "Would you take my other Pokémon too?" Alice asked, handing over two more pokéballs. She looked at Jem and he leapt onto the desk. "Sure thing. You can wait over there." Alice walked over to one of the chairs and sat down. Leaning against it, she fell asleep for who knows how long. "Chansey! Chansey!" Nurse Joy's Chansey exclaimed. Alice's eyes flickered open. "Huh?" she asked, dazed by having just woken up.

"Your Pokémon are ready to go," Nurse Joy said with a grin. Alice walked over and took Buck, Jem, and the two other pokéballs. Taking out Buck's pokéball, she recalled it. "Thank you," Alice replied gratefully. She eyed the Chansey then looked at Nurse Joy again. "I thought the nurses used Audino now," Alice said, sort of glad that somebody still used Chansey. "Oh, many do. But, I've always preferred Chansey, especially since my bond with this one is so strong," Nurse Joy explained happily. "Chansey! Chansey!" Chansey agreed. Alice thanked her again and left for the Suicune Dorm, glad that she at least caught a Staryu in this, shall we say, unproductive day.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Nathan got many replies. Some positive and yet some loud and very negative. He coped a extremely large reply from a girl who seemed to be angry. "SNOB, DONT BE SO RUDE..." Nathan was infuriated. "Excuse me!" he yelled back in anger. "I suggest you refrain from quickly juding people; because you've obviously got the wrong impression of me. Therefore, I suggest you shut your mouth or my pokemon with shut it for you." Nathan replied quickly. "Now scury along I have no time for those who are so judgmental. Just because I am in the Suicune dorm doesn't mean I treat others with no respect; so leave and do me a favour, learn a bit more about people before you let your trout mouth get in the way of the truth!" His face was solid and stern. "Now." He said breathin heavily. "Oh so you'd like to battle? Great. Thanks for taking your time to do so." Nathan smiled friendly. "What shall it be then? 3 on 3? 2 on 2? Your choice." Nathan continued to smile, but something reduced it down to a grin. He had a feeling that he had the same perspective of him, that the trainer thought he was a snob to. Nathan took all emotions of his face and go ready for the battle ahead.
He quickly looked around, and noticed a burger and he thought it was Skye or somebody along the lines of that around him. "Ugh, thanks but I don't think I am hungry." Nathan declined the offer. "I've already decided to abttle this kid." You can watch if you like. Nathan positioned himself on the meadow battlefield they were conviently standing on.

Years
The kid just responded by shouting back at Selena not really helping his case for anyone to like him then him turning down Jack's cooking kinda made Jack a little bit more upset. He had taken his place on the battlefeild too bad everyone was gone they wouldn't get the chance to see the beating he was going to lay down on this guy.

"No audience, hope that doesn't bother you" Jack walked to the other end of the battlefield and look at each of his pokemon deciding on which one to use, the hard part was not knowing the pokemon that the other guy had. " Ok Blade you up" the Scyther flew over the battlefield and looked confident as ever.

Megaman765

Years
Mark eventually reached his Dorm, letting off an exhausted sigh. He dropped his bag right down to floor and fell face first on the bed. "Oh I've never felt more happy to be on here. What an exhausting day... Sheesh..." Mark mumbled in his pillow. Mark got off of his bed walked into the bathroom. After stripping out of his swimsuit he quickly went into the shower. It was kinda odd taking a shower so late at night but after spending so much time in ocean water he needed to get all of that sand and salt water off of him.

As Mark stood in the Shower he began to think about everything that happened today. He was happy to have gotten a bit closer to Valorie... and he was still feeling a bit scared from nearly dieing from that... Frillish or whatever it was called. He wasn't very familiar with Unova Pokemon.

After spending a bit too much time in there, Mark put on a light T shirt and some underwear. Considering the heat, that was all he needed to sleep in. Snype had already been sound asleep and left space for mark. Mark wasn't too tired though but once he fell on his bed, he slowly fell asleep putting a light blanket over him.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
"Alright, Monferno go!" Nathan shouted throwing his pokeball. Monferno took the battlefield. Nathan saw the kid's offense when Nathan declined his food. "It looked scrumptious." he yelled "But i am sick that is why I can't eat it." Nathan smiled and returned his focus back to the battle. "Monferno sunny day!" The sun shone brightly and fiercely even when it was dark. How strange.

Years
The kid attempted the apologize but Jack was past that by now he was in battle mindset, the Monferno in front of him was the only thing on his mind right about now. Jack knew that he may not have the type advantage but they overcome things like that before and today, or should I say tonight, would be no different. Blade didn't care either he stared down the Monferno with an intimidating glare. "Ok Blade start it off with a Quick Attack" that was the strategy for the day knowing he couldn't beat him with sheer power so he decided that he was going to do it with speed. Blade set off at full pace towards the Monferno looking to take an early lead in the fight.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
"Use Double Team do dodge; let him run straight into one of your doubles." Nathan ordered. Monferno semed faster than chimchar, by quite a bit too. From then on use "Fire Punch." It seemed th boy was too focussed to listen to Nathan, so Nathan just had to get it through to him in the battle.

Years
The Quick Attack had missed because of double team and the Monferno responded immediately with a Fire Punch. Blade was surrounded by Monferno clones who then all attempted to attack him with Fire Punch "Vacuum Wave" Jack shouted out in response to the group of Monfernos attacking him and Blade began to spin around quickly creating a tornado destroying the Monferno clones and hopefully the real one in the process.

Back