• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Before Bri could answer Ri ran past carrying the boy that had fallen in his food at breakfast. Bri tried to remember his name. Ty?
"One sec! I'll be right back!" Bri said. He followed them in the building. Several nurses were already attending to him, but they didn't seem to notice the pokeball he was waving about. He was mumbling something Bri couldn't quite make out. But Bri could guess. Bri took the pokeball and walked over to the machine. He was usure how to do this, but now was as good a time as any... He put the ball on the machine and looked at the side. There were a lot of buttons. How the heck was he supposed to do this?

"First you set the number of pokemon on there. Then you set what you are trying to heal. For most situations, you should use the standard setting," a nurse said when she saw who it was that was next to the machine. She had come over to yell at him. But when she saw it was Brian, she showed him what buttons to push. He pressed them and the pokeball glowed for a moment. Then it was done.

"Feel free to use it anytime! Here's your pokemon!" the nurse said. Bri shook his head.
"This isn't my pokemon. The boy that just came in here. It belongs to him. Would you make sure he sees it when he wakes up?" Bri said as he handed the ball back to her. She nodded and walked away. Bri went back outside to Skye.
"Sorry, but I had to see if there was anything I could do to help. But I learned how to use that healing machine! The nurse told me I could use it any time! Anyways, I was still going to go to the Icy Plains. You're still welcome to come if you want. But... Klu is still looking for her Pichu. Do you think she and Mark need help?" Bri said. Thyme shook her head.

(OOC: And now Bri can use the healing machine. It wouldn't be much harder than that, would it?)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Skye waited for him to come back and finish his sentences. "I th-th-think thuh-hose two wih-hill be fine. Ah-hand I'll stih-still come wih-wih-with you." Ellie returned to her Pokeball abruptly. Skye took a few deep breaths and nodded to himself. I-hi don't think wuh-wuh-wuh-we shuh-hould stah-hay there too l-l-long. Noh-one of us hah-hah-have the be-best cluh-clothing on. He adjusted his backpack.

Rama nodded. "THat and you humans forgot the concept of fur." Skye snickered.

"Rah-Rama," he mumbled and the fox laughed, putting the medicine in his human's bag.

"Hey, furry humans ain't my cup of tea either."

(It should be that easy.)

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Let's hope nothing too crazy happens. We don't want a repeat of the forest or the Lugia dorm, do we? XD)

"Furry humans? What, you mean like monkeys? They're pretty funny looking!" Bri said with a laugh. He looked around to see if they were coming back anytime soon. When he didn't see them, he shrugged and returned Nova. Bouncy leapt up into his arms.
"Don't get too comfy Bouncy. When we get there, you're going in your pokeball too! So, did you want to leave now or wait for them? Klu had said earlier she wanted to come, but after what happened earlier, and now losing Butler, I'm not sure she will want to anymore," Bri said. He was ready to go now, but if Skye wanted to wait, then he would wait patiently for them to get back.

Fuyu

Years
Skye shrugged. "Ih-hit's up to y-you." He was a fairly neutral person. It was his specialty. Rama snorted and leapt to Skye's arms, growling at the air in amusement. Skye chuckled and pet his fur, knowing what that meant.

"Yeah kid, I meant monkeys," Rama commented cheerfully. "Or brats in sheep's clothing." Skye rolled his eyes with a grin.

"Lehe-het's go on a-ahead," Skye mumbled. He believed the Pokemon had ran off in curiosity and would probably be very confused when he got distracted by something else. Then it would be easy to find him.

(Well, considering what's gonna happen to Skye later... who knows? XD)

Nideous

Years
"I guess she can catch up with us if she wants. Let's go!" Bri said happily. He loved frosty places! Being cold didn't bother him that much. He returned Bouncy and set off toward the frozen plains in the north, wondering what kind of pokemon would be waiting there. Probably a lot of ice types. He paused at what Rama said.

"Brats in sheep's clothing? But I hate wool! It makes me itch really bad! And I start getting all kinds of spots. Momma said I was allergic, or whatever that meant," Bri said good naturedly, causing Thyme to roll her eys as he set off again. She loved this side of him. He was always on the move. She wondered what pokemon Bri wanted to catch. He probably didn't even know. He just had the idea and wanted to go check it out.

(OOC: XD And I finally decided to compromise. I'm going to have Bri catch a Sneasel now, then when he comes to the Lugia dorm to help out, I'll have him catch a Misdreavus and have him swap pokemon from time to time.)

Fuyu

Years
Rama snorted at the boy's comments as Skye followed. "Kid, whatever you do, stay this innocent. IT's so adorably hilarious." Skye shushed him, sighing aloud at his Pokemon's playful nature.

"Sheh-he's saying thuh-that yuh-you cah-han't wear cluh-clothes may-made with wool," Skye explained, lifting Rama to his head. "Ah-hand he's suh-saying heh-he doesn't lih-like puh-heople who preh-preh-pretend tuh-to be nice."

"Don't corrupt him Skye!" Rama moaned playfully. "Great, now you've turned him cynical and dark! I don't want all of your friends to be emo! Soon he could be skipping class to go battle helpless saps! We must stop this spiral of evil!"

"Yuh-hou're s-so druh-mah-hatic," Skye remarked with a laugh.

(Makes sense to me.)

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Calnith's Post

Calnith laughed at what Jack was saying. What's with this kid? What does he think, he's some kind of symbol of what's right? What a fool he thinks he's better than me just because he doesn't like my attitude or output on life, how pathetic. He thought as he began laughing.

"Fine I will battle you. We'll have a one on one pokemon battle using three of our pokemon," Calnith said as he gestured Colossus to get into the battlefield. "If you can get past Colossus than I'll be impressed but that's as far as you are going to get no matter how strong your pokemon are you incompetent fool," Calnith laughed again this is going to be fun.

Vincent Post

Vincent out of the blue hugged Selene. "I promise I will not let something terrible happen to you again," He said as he stopped hugging her.

"Let's go see if Ty is alright and then let's go do something fun," Xack said smiling a bit as Shade came out of his pokeball and shape shifted into Vincent.

<Hey hey Vincent right? I want to go and see my brother and make sure he's alright> The Zorua said as he ran out of the Lugia dorm.

"Hey come back!" Vincent shouted as Shade left. "Come on Sel let's go after him," Vince said smirking maybe Shade was the nicer one out of the brothers.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
All was normal as they walked along until suddenly Vincent turned and hugged Sel. She stiffened in response for a moment, eyes wide in shock looking over his shoulder from the abrupt gesture before she relaxed, smiling slightly and hugging him back. He said he wasn't going to let anything terrible happen to her again and she was confused for a moment before remembering her leg. She smiled softly at him and shook her head.

"Thank you Vince but...well, bad things happen to everybody don't they! and...and I'm a big girl now, I can look after myself with Ryan and Ri and everybody...but it means a lot...and I suppose we can look out for each other in this deathtrap of a school hey?" she partially joked, but when he mentioned going to see Ty it reinforced that this place, so far, seemed to be dangerous.

When Vince's Zorua emerged Selene couldn't help but flinch away slightly...she couldn't get that image of the replica Sel out of her head...as they made their way over to the Medical Wing, Sel was quiet, thinking about everything that had happened so far...it wasn't exactly how she'd expected this to go...

Years
Jack smirked a bit maybe this would be some healthy competition a good rival, and that good luck kiss from Brogan was definetly motivation for him to win. "A Metang huh?" Obviously Jack had a pokemon with a type advantage but decided he would make this one interesting "Go Blade!" he threw a pokeball into the air releasing the newly evolved Scizor. {Steel type versus steel type} Blade smirked his first really battle in his new and improved form and the look in Jack's eyes showed that he needed him go to all out today. It wasn't to impress Brogan though it was just the thrill of winning and if impressing Brogan came with it then why not.

"Ok lets start of quick use Night Slash!" Blade's pincers started glowing a dark purple aura and he shot of like a rocket leaving a red blur across the field as he got closer and closer to the Metang looking him to smash him with one of his claws.

SelenaStar

Years
Selene
As they approached the hospital section of the Academy, Sel was starting to feel weirdly nauseous...and her leg was twinging almost as though it remembered being in there and was responding, stupid psychology...she stopped walking as they were so close to the entrance, watching as Ri spotted her and came rushing up to her, she smiled at him as best she could.

"Hey...I uh...I don't think I can..." she started saying to Vince, rubbing the back of her neck nervously, "I mean...I can't go in there...not so soon anyway. But...I ah..." she looked around and saw the sign for the beach, gesturing to it with a hand, "I'm gonna go for a walk around the beach so...so give Ty my best wishes and umm...yeah, see you later..." she finished somewhat feebly, waving to him with a small movement. She walked backwards a few steps, smiling at Vince before turning away and walking to the beach with her arms folded.

Taking her shoes off, she placed them on a rock near to her and set her bag down next to them, rolling her jeans up to her knees and walking down to the water with a serious, contemplative expression. She wondered where Valorie and Mark were...she kind of really wanted to meet with Valorie to talk, this weird sudden pang of anxiety had caught her off guard - it wasn't a typical feature of her personality - and she didn't really like it. Ri walked next to her, putting a hand on her shoulder and she smiled over at him, covering his hand with hers. "Hey boy...I'm okay, just...you know, being a bit silly..."

"Hey! Hey you there!" came a voice from further down the beach and Sel groaned, looking round...she didn't recognise the boy who was running towards her..."I challenge you to a battle! I've just caught some new Pokemon and I want to test them out!" Sel raised an eyebrow, "You want to battle me with untrained Pokemon?" she asked, a hint of skepticism in her voice and the boy nodded. "I gotta train them somehow haven't I, and even if I lose it's still experience for them," Selene was impressed by this and nodded. Even though she really didn't feel like it...well, it would help Ryan to get evolved to a Raichu sooner..."Alright okay, alright...I'll battle you, but let's make it a quick one yeah?" The boy nodded eagerly and got into stance opposite her.

"Sure! 3 on 3 alright?" Selene was about to protest - she didn't want that long a battle - but he'd already released his...Goldeen? Oh well...that was simple enough...taking Ryan's pokeball, Selene released him and the boy's face blanched as he watched Ryan's cheeks spark warningly.

"3 on 3 is fine. Ryan, use your Thunderbolt!" she instructed, as the boy attempted to counter it with Goldeen's Water Gun. As Sel had suspected, the Thunderbolt was not pushed back by the Water Gun, rather the electricity crackled and travelled down it, hitting Goldeen square in the face. After a few moments of being shocked, Goldeen sank down into the water, the boy yelping and rushing forward to return her. He growled at Sel, who smiled as Ryan grinned round at her and released another...oh what. This guy had to be kidding...a Wingull?! Sel looked from Wingull to him and raised an eyebrow.

"Kid...are you sure you don't ju-" "Just battle me!" shouted the boy who looked furious now...why, Selene couldn't understand..."Wingull, use your Supersonic!" "Ryan, move out of the-" but it was too late, Ryan had moved too late and had been hit by the Supersonic...damn, that was one fast Pokemon...Selene growled and started as Ryan frowned and shocked himself by accident, falling into the water and splashing around helplessly. As she rushed to help him, he sat up and glared at her, obviously he'd forgotten who she was and she stopped, taking a wary step backwards. "Ryan...Ry...it's okay it's m-" but she was cut off as Ryan was slammed into by the Wingull's Wing Attack, flung into the air and smashing down into the sand.

"Ryan! Ryan!" shouted Sel, turning behind her and watching Ryan lift himself to his feet somewhat unsteadily - but now he knew who he was attacking. Eyes fixed on Wingull, he shot out a massive Thunderbolt attack that the Wingull dodged, but Ryan could move faster and followed the Wingull with it, hitting him directly. With a cry, the Wingull collapsed into the water and Ryan ran forward in front of Selene.

Returning Wingull, the boy brought out his final Pokemon with a smirk. "Let's see how your thunder mouse does now!" he shouted, releasing a...Geodude! Oh pants. Okay now...this would be good experience. "Okay Ryan, use your Double Team and Slam that Geodude!" she instructed, watching as Ryan duplicated himself and the clones rushed at Geodude who used Rock Polish as the real Ryan slammed into Geodude the Rock-type was thrown backwards, but to her alarm he used Magnitude on landing. "Quick Attack Ryan!" but it was no use - the Rock Polish had increased Geodude's speed and Ryan couldn't evade the fissures in the ground. He was thrown backwards at Sel's feet...he'd fainted.

Scooping down to pick Ryan up, Sel glared at the boy as she released Sharpay. "Sharpay! Use your Bubblebeam!" she yelled, watching as Geodude tried to evade the Bubblebeam, but was caught in the jungle of Bubbles. "Pop them with Rock Throw!" shouted the boy, "Counter with Water Gun, Sharpay!" and Sel watched as the rocks were pushed back by Sharpay's Water Gun, smashing into the Geodude itself just before it was blown behind the trainer by Sharpay's Water Gun. Waiting to see if it got back up, the boy checked the Geodude and looked over to Selene with a grim expression.

"You won. Congratulations, that was a good battle..." he walked forward to shake her hand and he excused himself to go and heal his pokemon. Sel sat down on the sand after placing Sharpay in the sea to go for a swim, stroking Pikachu as his breathing turned even. This...this was more like it...

Brogan
Wow...this display of machismo should be interesting...Brogan genuinely didn't know which way the match would go. Both trainers looked ridiculously determined...but Jack's Scizor looked much better trained than the Metang of the other boy...it could go either way. She looked over at Mackenzie before reaching into her bag and pulling out her nail file...may aswell do somethng useful...

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
(Jebus I go too sleep for a bit and already I'm behind XD Catching up time!)

Mark looked over to Bri's Igglybuff and smiled down at it. "It's cute. Did you get that in Eggs 101? Lucky. It's in good hands thankfully." Mark said with a smile. He turn turned to Klu who mentioned about her Pichu liking berrys... well alot of Pokemon love berries but perhaps butler had a certain taste... pecha berries she said... Before they could walk out the door, Ri suddenly started rushing in carrying one of the kids from the cafeteria. Ty was his name... Mark remembered. What in the hell happened? What if.... no... he didn't have time to invesitgate. There's a Pichu out there alone!

"...Comon let's go to the battlefield and check around for Butler." Mark said as he headed out the doors. "Pecha berries huh... maybe he went somewhere where alot of them grow? Perhaps the forest...?"

HunterZero

Years
Calnith's Post

"Hey Colossus it's a Scizor known for attack and defense not great in the speed department but this one seems like it so be prepared," Calnith said to his Metang as it let out a roar. Calnith knows everything there is to know about a Johto pokemon.

"Now quickly use Rock Slide," He said knowing that his Scizor was fast but not faster than Colossus. Despite Metangs being known for being slow Calnith trained Colossus hard in speed so he could out speed the fastest pokemon. The Metang then summoned rocks from the sky to come crashing down on the Scizor. He used the rock slide attack close to its body so as the Scizor came in it would get hurt.

Vincent's Post

As hey reached the Medical Wing Shade shape shifted back into his orginal form and jumped on Vince's shoulder. Blitz was a tad bit worried that the new addition to the team was only going to be trouble.

"I'm looking for Ty," Vincent said to the nurse as he walked in. The nurse showed him to Ty's room and Shade imiditately jumped off his shoulder and onto Ty's stomach jumping up and down.

<Where's my brother! Where's my twin brother!> He shouted as he shape shifted into what Calinth looked like.

"Hey Ty how are you feeling?" Xack asked as he sat in a chair next to Ty's bed. He would catch up with Sel a tad bit later.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Finally reaching battlefield one, Klu frantically searched around for her Pichu on the ground.

"Buh- Butler's senses are that keen yet.... so he'd try to sniff for berries without success. He's curious, so he could've wandered off anywhere." Klu wined quietly in corncern. "And to be honest, he isn't the brightest crayon in the box, if you know what I mean. He could've easily gotten himself in trouble."

Klu sighed and looked up to the boy helping her. "Are they any large, natural areas close to here? He likes to play with other Pokemon, so he might've headed where a lot reside."

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Ty smiled when Vince walked in. "Hey man. How's –urgh!" Ty grunted in pain when Shade landed on his stomach.

"Well, I was better before This little guy jumped onto my recently-stitched lacerations, but I'm alright. Hey, where's Selena?"

Ty frowned at the Zorua who jumped on his chest. "He's in his pokeball because I haven't had the time to get him to obey me. Hey Vince, What's this little guy's name?"

The fourth pokeball on Ty's belt twitched and snapped open, releasing a black Shadow that knocked Shade to the floor. Calinth laughed as he stood over his brother, and Ty was reminded vaguely of a hyena.

"Pinned ya! Hehe. How's it going under the oppression of your Human tyrant bro?"

Ty's eyebrow lifted. 'human tyrant?' He chuckled briefly and then winced, grabbing his side.

"Those two seem like they're having fun. Seriously though, where's Selene?"

Years
The stones had crunched down on Blaze's body and he was covered by them with the Metang right beside him. Jack just watched and just shrugged his shoulders, yeah the Metang was quick but Blade would proudly tell you he's quicker. Blade emerged from the rocks dusting off some dirt from his shoulders {Gotta do better than that} Jack decided that he would use the little distance between himself and Metang to his advantage as he was practically staring him in his face "Use Vacuum Wave!" Jack shouted as Blade started spinning at a high velocity conjuring up a tornado around his body sucking up Metang in the air during the process.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"Natural areas huh? Hmm... well there is the forest..." Mark said. He remembered what had happened earlier relating to the forest. The crazy wild Pokemon there that attacked without warning... If Pichu was there.... then.... Snype looked at Mark with a worried expression.

"...I say we check out the forest. Maybe he left some tracks on the way. Snype, think you can see anything?" Mark asked. Snype nodded and used detect to enhance his senses. He jumped off of Mark's shoulder and looked at the ground below him... he could see tiny footprints leading to, wouldn't you know it, the forest. Snype began to follow them right to the forest to see where Butler would end up being.

"Comon lets follow him." Mark said. "Oh, by the way, dunno if I said this before, but the names Mark.

SelenaStar

Years
Brogan
Watching the battle, Brogan raised an eyebrow - this was a very impressive display but...but she had other things to be doing right now and she just wasn't bothered enough about this battle...standing up, she let her eyes flick over the two guys before clicking her tongue and sauntering off across the courtyard away from them all to tap away at her X-transciever, sending a message to Jenna.

"J...I officially hate Father. This place is HORR.ENDOUS. I just want to go back to Saffron! Although you'd love it I'm sure...it's full of trainers who breathe, sleep and eat Pokemon (not literally of course)...if you ever find yourself at a loose end with nothing to do remember your beloved Sister rotting away here...and bring some bonding glue for my Extensions because I can't get a hold of Roberto and I'm feeling completely insecure with them...love always -B xxx"

After sending the message, Brogan looked up with a sigh...a sign catching her eye...'Shop.' Shop!? There is a SHOP here?! Of course it wouldn't be like Chanel or Louis Vuitton...but still...she had money. Well, she had her father's money on her plastic, but still...she had it to spend and she was at a loose end...

Making her way over to the shop she stepped in...and was instantly disappointed. It was all Pokemon stuff...they had bags but they were all absolutely hideous...she sighed and looked around, finding a whole wall of TMs...huh. Those were moves...they could be useful for her Pokemon...looking around she thought of Wartortle first, picking up a TM for Ice Beam...and then there were a couple of Dragon type ones, they would be good for Bagon...and Flamethrower would be too...she suddenly sensed so much opportunity here and grabbed the Flamethrower and the Ice Beam, pauing over the Dragon Claw...Bagon already knew some Dragon-type moves, she was almost certain of it...settling on those two for the time being she grabbed a few cans of Soda Pop too and checked out, signing the card slip without even listening to the total.

She cracked open one of the Soda Pops and wandered back to the battle site, staying stood this time on the edge of the de facto battlefield, sipping her Soda Pop and watching the battle unfold cooly.

HunterZero

Years
Vincent Post

"His name is Shade," Vince said as he answered Ty. He watched as Shade pushed his brother off and pinned him down.

<He's a pretty cool kid bro and it looks like I'm on top> Shade laughed as he looked to Ty. <How's this block head?> He asked.

"Sel went to the beach I hope to follow her soon after I'm done here," Xack said as he thought about his hug with her, he blushed a bit.

"Yeah those two are twins I wonder who's older?" Vince asked looking at Shade.

<He's older by a few seconds> Shade said as he grinned at his brother.

"Think you'll be ok without me for a while as I go to the beach?" Vince asked as he really wanted to go.

Calnith Post

"Colossus do not let this fool get away with this use Iron Head!" Calnith growled. Metang then glowed a metallic silver and charged through the vacuum wave right at the Scizor.

"After that use Flash cannon," Calnith said thinking of a plan.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
"Well thank you and nice to meet you Mark," Klu said with an anxious smile. A Forest? Violent wild pokemon rampaged forests! A tiny Pichu wouldn't stand a chance. Something odd caught Klu's eye dealing with the ground. It looked flattend?

"Hold up," Klu said, knelling to the ground in front of Mark. "Looks at this," Klu brushed her hand on the grass. There was a smooth pathway in between tall strands of grass. "I look likes something was dragged here."

Klu froze when she felt something wet. Pulling her hand back to her gaze steadily, she noticed there was now a reddish-brown substance on her fingers. "Blood." She slightly whispered.

Klu looked up to the woods. "Butler?" she whimpered sadly.

Nideous

Years
Bri looked at Skye as he kept walking.
"Pretend to be nice? You mean like that girl from before? Brogan? Yeah, I was wondering about that. And I hope there are some good ice types out in the icy plains! And Rama, I'm shocked at you! I would never cut class to battle someone!" Bri said happily as they walked along. Thyme snickered.
"Yeah, but you would cut class to do other things! It's just the battling part you wouldn't do!" she said, still marveling that he had picked up on Brogan. Or, maybe he hadn't. She had said often enough how much she didn't like the girl, and Bri was very percetive of his snivy's feelings. It was starting to get colder and Bri zipped up his jacket. He loved places like where they were going. He loved the way the snow glistened on the ground. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder how an icy field existed out here on a tropical island. Nature is very odd indeed.

Back