• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon you though would never be in your team...

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    I never thought of having Froslass, Infernape, Ninjask, Empoleon and Mandibuzz in my Team but I just Tried Them Out and They were all strong enough to lead me to victory one time or another... Empoleon Beat all of my Friends pokemon with just Surf, Ninjask Help Me Get Through my Friend's Hypnosis and Sucker Punches and Plus ninjask is Fast, Mandibuzz Coz i learned that i has a High Def Stat for a dark type, Froslass same reason as Empoleon but with a different move, and infernape coz it made Sinnoh easy for me.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Geodude, Magikarp, and Feebas were the Pokemon I knew were not ever going to be on my team. Their evolutions, maybe.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I just started over my White, with a completely different team, and I bred for the eggs of the Pokemon I wanted and traded them over to White from Black. One of these is a Pokemon I decided to just try out.... Stunfisk! And he's actually pretty good. I bred him to know Earth Power, so that's coming in handy.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I though Volcarona was just another generic bug type until I found out that it had Quiver Dance. Since then, it has proven itself to be a formidable special sweeper just as long as I keep it away from rock types.

torcoal

Ketsu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    Jumpluff.
    I always dissed it because of it's horrible defenses and 4x weak to such a common type. But I happend to use one in XD, and, after seeing it's massivly high speeds, it's abillity to put things to sleep and drain their health, I will never look at it the same way again.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Crobat is probably the one Pokémon that demanded my respect. For some reason I decided to train a Zubat, and it turned out to be my best Pokémon on an (unfinished) Emerald. Since then, I've had one in every game I played, and even put it in my team for a competition on deviantArt.

I'm usually not one to use Bug Pokémon or Poison pokémon on my team, but after Crobat, Scolipede soon became one of my favourites. It's an amazing Pokémon. <3 And I love it to bits.

Krookodile and Carracosta prooved to be valuable members of my team in Black. :'3

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    The Pokémon you though would never be in your team...

Jumpluff, from Pokémon Diamond.
    I thought Jumpluff would be weak at first, but when I used it, it was amazing! Too bad I deleted my Diamond save file with Jumpluff in it D:.

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
    Sawk and Sigilyph from Black.
    I never thought I'd use either one of them, as they both looked odd. But when I caught my first Sawk and he all but murdered my entire team, I knew he had to stay. My Sigilyph was caught simply to complete the 'Dex and I thought I'd never use her. But when she proved herself in battle, she won a place in my heart.

On SoulSilver it would be my Beedrill, Sting. Again, I caught him to complete the 'Dex but he started kicking skidplate early on so he stayed with me.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I thought that I would not use a Wigglytuff on any of my teams. But after I started playing Pokemon mystery dungeon 2 and 3, I started liking Wigglytuff so when Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver came out, I saved a spot for Wigglytuff

:t354:TG

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
    When I first saw Mudkip, I thought to myself that I won't ever use that pokemon in my entire life. Then again, when someone said that I should try raising on, I tried to raise it and evolve it to Swampert.. Its really an amazing pokemon.

Now, Mudkip is one of my favorite pokemon.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    There's a few of them, but the two that most come to mind are Ninjask and Hippowdon. Visually they don't even interest me that much, but obviously there's other important things to them. Good stats one way or another.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I used Tentacruel in my water monotypes, and it turned out to be awesome!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Spearow & Fearow in FRLG
    At first, I didn't like them, but I became interested in using them after I saw Chuggaaconroy use one.
    I must say, it's an awesome flying pokémon that's better than Pidgeot IMO.
    Plus, Fearow gets Drill Peck.

Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 28, 2011
    i never thought i would use Tynamo, one of the weirdest pokemon i have ever seen in my life, but it turns out that when its fully evolved, it is awesome. Also i never thought i would use Onyx, but when i got it in my Soulsilver game, it turned out to be a great heavy slugger and shield for when i needed to revive some Pokemon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    If you told me years ago that one of my favourite Pokémon would be a grass type, and I'd have a team where I used it in conjunction with a Nosepass evolution, along with an electric type that wasn't Raichu, I'd probably just laugh at you. :( But alas, in Platinum my team had Cherrim, Probopass, and Luxray.

tbh the biggest surprise for me is Probopass. I thought Nosepass was really dumb back in 3rd gen but now it's one of my favourites.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    Haha, i thought i'd never use ratata and drowzee, but they are one bit of a really good badass :D
    They sure know how to own other trainers team haha!

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
    Years
    Most recently, Audino.

I usually stay away from one-stage pokes because it takes away the excitement of evolution, plus its a boring Normal type. Its an awesome tank for a Nuslock Run, thanks to Reflect and Regenerator I can switch it out at will after setting up and bring in frail stuff. It prevented me from suffering any heavy casualties so far (5th gym badge).

Also Bastiodon (Its adorable!!). I loved it during my run of Pearl.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
    Staraptor...
    I promised myself not to use the first bird Pokemon you encounter <_<
    But my brother persuaded me...

And...
    Plusle!
    It was my first playthrough in Sapphire... And I never removed it from my team so... It fought with me in the elite 4...

Back