• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pok?mon Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
Skye watched Anna and Marina head outside. Skye was itching to do some kata to calm her nerves, but there were too many people around. She'd have to go expoloring to find a place later.

A boy about her age (Danny) was almost plowed over by another kid.

"Are you two okay?" she asked, looking at them curiously.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2012
It was a rainy dawn in Phenac City. Cadoan came to a yelling alarm and a poster of Beyonce' as he awoke. He didn't know exactly why he was doing this. After all he wanted to be a businessman in Saffron City. And the Jhoto region was at least 4 hours away. Cadoan got up slowly and pounded the alarm madly.
**************​
"You left you gamecube on last night." Said his mother. She had a slim deep voice. She handed Cadoan a plate. He was now dressed with his backpack on the couch. The breakfast plate contained bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Toast, Hash browns, and a tall picture of orange juice. Cadoan eyes widened as she stood there expecting him to eat all of this.

"I'm only going to Johto mom" Cadoan said looking down at the food. He took a piece of bacon and poured a cup of orange juice. "Just eat some of it. Your father might want some." He mother replied at last.

"Where is he anyway?" Cadoan asked pulling another piece of bacon off the plate. "He went to put your things in the hovercraft. And get some gas I think. I told him a hybrid hover would save us time and money." Said his mother quite upset.

Cadoan didn't reply to this. He scanned his watch; it read "4:28 AM". His father had just came through the sliding front door. Drenched all over. "Did Bencho (The family's Vaporeon) get you again?" Cadoan asked smirking.

"Nope, the rain did. I hope they let the water pressure down on the fountains. Or else we're in for another flood." His father replied.

*******​

"Bye mom" said Cadoan. "I'll write."

"BYE!"She said with tears in her eyes.

"Goodbye, HONEY" Said his dad with finality in he voice. They would drive to Kanto region, and into Saffron City. There he would catch a train to the academy.

3 hours pasted

Cadoan was in Saffron City. The city he thought had the most opportunity for him. "See dad, buisness. This is what I want to do."Cadoan said silently as he observed the natural movements of Saffron City. Rain continued to tackle the windows of the hovercraft. His father didn't respond to Cadoan comment on buisness. He always thought Cadoan future was in pokemon. "Bye, here comes the train" Cadoan said alas. He fought to hold back tears. This wasn't an ordinary away from home trip. "You take care of yourself!" said his father as Cadoan exited the hover. The rain mixed with the tears that watered his eyes. He reached the train station and handed the lady ticketer his ticket.

1 hour after

The train stopped. The rain had stopped . I walked up to golden gates that were freshly painted. Other people were arriving too. I let my Squirtle out for fresh air. It stretched broadly, yawning. We both yawned together. I grabbed my luggage and placed the pokeball on my belt. Ready for whatever this place had to offer.

Last edited:
Years
Ali quickly jumped to his feet. "The Ruins of Alph? Haha, I remember when we did that last year, around the same time-just before the academy was opening…" He smiled as he recalled the good memories he shared with Anna the previous year. "I guess I'll follow then!" He said happily, following Anna out the door, and down to the ruins. Before he left, he made sure that the pokeball containing his pokemon was with him-the same one he had from last year. 'Princess will be happy to see Anna again!' He thought to himself, as Anna and himself were both standing in front of the ruins of Alph. They heard roller skating inside. "What could that be?" Ali asked, with a suspicious tone in his voice.

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
As Harry slowly entered the Academy, he was momentarily shocked by the grandeur of the main hall. Like an elegant mansion, the hall was huge. A sweeping staircase with white marble steps stood against the far wall, balanced in the middle of the back of the room. Even the brass railings along side seemed to shine as bright as gold as the beaming sun rays bounced off it and onto the already beautiful stairway. Perhaps seemingly stuffy, Harry could only gaze at the amazing architecture.

Eventually, Harry came to realize that he needed to register his enrollment into the Academy. Looking left and right, up and down, he suddenly found himself unsure where to go to reach the main office. Luckily for him, to the right of him stuck a map to the wall. He quickly tried to memorize the entire layout, but the immensity of the place was too large to simply inscribe onto his mind. Finally, settling for simply finding the office, he traced the path there with his finger and etched it into his mind. Immediately after, he set off.

The office itself seemed to be functional. A contrast to the ornate structures around him, yet needed for a large school like the Academy. Quietly walking passed others who seemed to linger outside the office, he entered silently. His heat beat steadily, though he felt it through his skin. Nervous to be entering a new school, he tried to keep his face calm in order to cover his true feelings.

There, sitting quietly at the nearest desk to the door, was the secretary busily at work on several forms. Harry approached her, unsure whether or not to disturb her. He didn't have to worry. As soon as he reached her desk, the secretary sharply glared up from her seat.

"May I help you?" she said coldly, sending an invisible shiver down Harry's spine.

"Um, yes." Harry quickly responded. "I'm attending the Academy and I wanted to register my arrival." He quickly swung around his backpack and removed the acceptance letter he recieved from a side pocket. After handing it to the secretary, he re-zipped up his backpack.

Without a word, she grasped the letter and checked both his name and grade. Then, pulling out a list from the side of her desk, she scribbled several quick marks upon the sheet of paper. Then, just as efficiently, she turned to a pile of what appeared to be schedules and rummaged through them until she came to the right one. Handing the official paper to Harry, she said, "Here's your schedule. Don't lose it."

"Don't worry." Harry responded, relieved that there weren't any hitches. "I'll keep it with me at all times. Thankyou."

She merely nodded before glaring back down at her own paperword. Not wishing to disturb her furthur, Harry simply turned around and exited the office.

Years
OOC: I got a couple of questions.
1. What's a sophmore? Is it like a name for a grade or something?
2. Are there other subjects than the ones already mentioned like pokemon battling and capturing or not?
3. (not a question but still) I think I got the schedule worked out. Just holler if I got it wrong. Block A is like the first period or class or something, Communication is a subject, 9 is a grade and then Professor Marigold is a teacher.
Used Psychic Thunder's schedule in example.

Years
"oh are you ok. i didn't mean to run you over" the kid look ok. i just hope he dosen't want to figth. "come on charmander" i told my charmander and wave at him to follow me to the sofa where someone else was. then i just tougth that i have not seen my sheudue so i took it out. the paper was made out of fancy paper and the letters were gold. man was i mad, i hate these fancy junk "hey charmander don't go and get in troble. we already got one person mad(pointing to the secutary) so come see my sheudue. it read

Schedule

Block B
Breeding Methods 9
Professor Harrisson

Block D
Travel 9
Professor Xou

Block A
Communication 9
Professor Marigold

Block C
Fitness 9
Professor Pine

Block E
Pokemon Contests 9
Professor Liang

Block F
Battle Tactics 9
Professor Maple

Block L
Pokemon Legends 9
Professor Opal

Block H
History 9
Professor Xou

wow sounds pretty boring all that can be learn by your professor that gives you your 1st pkmn or by yourself in a forest. maybe my parents are wasting money for this. but i hope that the classes are fun but that legends class sounds good since that what he professor at home major in and i hope this teacher is just as good.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
Skye saw another boy enter the room. He had black hair, and deep looking brown eyes that caught her a little off guard. He was clad all in black, save for a white tee shirt and a blue backpack. He seemed friendly enough from the looks of him, so Skye walked over to introduce herself. When she neared him, she realized he looked about a year or two older than she.

Her indigo eyes searched him carefully, hoping he wouldn't think she was being nosy. She smiled gently, sweeping her long blond hair behind her shoulders as she approached him. She tugged nervously at her grey hoodie.

"Hi," she said softly, approaching the boy (Harry). "My name's Skye. Are you new to the academy too?"

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
OOC: To answer question number 1 and 2 Ytnim.

1. Sophmore is a 10th grader. I'll give you the grade and the names below:

9th-Freshmen
10th-Sophmore
11th-Junior
12th-Senior

Got it? Good. Like I'm a freshman right now, cause I'm in 9th grade. I'll be a Sophmore next year.

2. I think there can be more classes, cause this is a big school.

Years
OOC: Thanks. In Australia high school is year 7, 8, 9, 10 and they don't have names just grade 10, grade 9, etc.
11 and 12 are just called 11 & 12. Im in grade 10 so that makes me a Sophmore.

IC: A kid about my age bumped into and apologised. I hardly noticed him so I didn't care. I went back to my schedule. It read:

Block A
Geography 10
Professor Gum

Block B
Breeding Methods 10
Professor Harrisson

Block C
Travel 10
Professor Xou

Block D
Battle Simulations 10
Professor Wattle

Block E
Capturing Simulations 10
Professor Wattle

Block F
Battle Tactics 10
Professor Huon

Block G
Chemistry 10
Professor Kline

Block H
Fitness 10
Professor Pine

It looked Ok. I had Geography first. I didn't like the subject but I knew I would need for my pokemon journey later on. I had the same teacher for Battle simulations and Capturing simulations. They looked like the most fun so I hoped the teacher was nice.

Years
OOC: Yes, there are definitely many more courses than have been mentioned-infact, anyone can really make up any old course, as long as it isn't too similar to a course already made. That's nto to say we should all have different courses, then we'ed always be split up, and that would.. Not be fun… Hehe, role playing is all about creating relations between characters, right? ^.^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The time for the Academy to open was quickly approaching. Ali continued to hear the sounds coming from the Ruins, but he decided to ignore them. "Anna, we might want to get going now." He said, although he was still observing the vast area, himself. He looked at his watch, and decided that if he didn't want Anna and himself to be late for the opening ceremonies, then they would have to leave soon.

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
Harry turned to the source of the soft voice. There standing in front of him stood a girl with long blond hair and blue-indigo eyes. Wearing a white t-shirt and carpenter jeans, she stood slightly above 5 feet. Yet, it was not her looks, but her seemingly nervous shyness that caught his attention.

He smiled, although slightly nervous, he felt relieved to speak with a friendly face. "Oh, yes. I'm new here. Name's Harry Kim." He automatically put out his hand. "So Skye, are you new here too?"

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
He said take a seat and just wait, he had to go make copies, so I sat in my assigned seat and looked at my schedule:

Block A
Advanced Pokemon Chemistry I (this the number of the course) 10
Professor Kline

Block Q
Advanced Battling III (To take anything higher than a I you have to already had the course before it) 10
Professor James

Block C
Advanced Pokemon Formulas IV 10
Professor Frank

Block A
Advanced Pokemon Theory I 10
Professor Richie

Block Z
Advance Pokemon Technology II 10
Professor Chemie

Block H
Advanced Simulation II 10
Professor Cook

Block Y
Pokemon Research 10
Professor Elm

Block T
Pokemon Battling strategies 10
Professor Jem

After I looked at my schedule I said aloud, "This stinks! I didn't get all Advanced Courses! At my old school I was talking Master classes. I guess there Advance classes are like the Master Classes of my old school" I then folded my schedule and took a deep sigh.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
"I am," Skye said softly, her smile brightening at his kind voice. "I just got here from Celadon. All the people here seem to know a lot about this place, but it's good to know someone else is new here too."

Skye tucked her hands neatly into her pockets and glanced at her shoes. When her gaze returned to Harry her smile was still there, and she seemed a little less nervous.

"Are you a first year too?" she asked, rummaging around in her bag for her schedule. She judged from how old he looked that he may not be. "I wonder if we'll have any classes together?"

Her schedule read as follows:

Block A
Basic Battle Tactics
Professor Leen

Block B
Early Pokemon Mythology
Professor Payne

Block C
Geography of Kanto
Professor Xou

Block D
Evolution Studies
Professor Pine

Block E
Beginning physics of pokemon attacks
Professor Leen

Block F
Capturing Simulations 1
Professor Wattle

Block G
Fitness 10
Professor Pine

Block H
Literature
Professor Fargo

Skye's eyes returned to Harry's and she handed her schedule over to him.

"Any classes together?" she asked hopefully.

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
Harry smiled at Skye's friendly attitude. Her dazzling smile edged away the nervous energy in his heart and he felt as if the Academy wouldn't be too bad of an experience.

"Yes, this is my first year at the Academy." he replied, noticing her slight curiousity.

Just as he responded, she quickly reached into her bag and pulled out the slip of paper with her class schedule on it. She carefully held it out to Harry and gazed at her schedule.

"Hmm, well, here's my schedule." Harry said as he help up the piece of paper. Placing the two schedules side by side, he compared the two.

His schedule read:

Block A
Communication 9
Professor Marigold

Block B
Breeding Methods 9
Professor Harrisson

Block C
Battle Tactics 9
Professor Maple

Block D
Evolution Studies 9
Professor Pine

Block E
History 9
Professor Xou

Block F
Capturing Simulations 1
Professor Wattle

Block G
Fitness 9
Professor Pine

Block H
Literature 9
Professor Fargo

"Well, it looks like we have 3 classes together." Harry replied. Inside, he felt relieved. He had found a friend and she would be in some of his classes. Being both freshman, they would be able to help eachother. But, more importantly, they wouldn't be alone within the large school.

Years
Ali began to eagerly tap his foot against the ground, as he continuously eyes his watch. "Annaaaa -_-;…" He said, watching her hunched over the flowers. "We're SO close to being late!" He exclaimed, leaning against the cold, rugged stone wall now. He felt as if Anna were ignoring her, as he continued to talk, "Are you even listen-" He began to shout, but his attention was taken away by a lone Unown. 'Too bad I don't have a pokeball…' He thought to himself, clutching Princess' pokeball, as he tried to resist sending her out. His thoughts about Anna and the academy completely disappeared, as he began to dazzle at the Unown.

Psychic Thunder

Master of the Keyblade
Years
Anna looked up, feeling extreamly stupid for ignoring Ali. She turned to him as he stared at the Unown. She sighed and she gave a pok?ball to Ali.
"Can always count on me to be stocked up on this stuff," she said winking, wanting to see what pokemon he brought with him.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
"I'm glad we have some classes together," Skye said, relieved. "I wonder when we'll be starting? It's getting a little late."

She glanced at the clock on the far wall, frowning at it slightly. All the students around them were chatting excitedly. Skye felt her excitement growing.

"Want to go sit down?" she asked.

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
Harry nodded in agreement. He glanced around, noticing that several more students had joined them in the room, chatting or speaking to the secretary. Soon, the students would be organized together.

"Yes. It appears something is beginning, but I don't exactly know what it is. We can sit and wait. It's better than standing all day, anyway."

Harry calmly walked over to a row of seats against the wall in the room. Although wooden, the elaborate design allowed them to fit right in with the rest of the Academy. Even a white cusion seemed to state that the school had a prominance within the world.

Sitting back in one of the chairs, he stared into the crowded group of people around the room. The Academy seemed to be bigger. Bigger than his school in Saffron City, anyway. Being a school run by those who worked for Silph Co. and other prominant businesses, they prided themselves on efficiency. Classes were small, 20 students at most, and each student took a test to determine their relative strengths and weaknesses. From there, the teaches placed each one within courses that fit their abilities. Perhaps a huge micromanagment, but Harry appreciated they're careful assertions. Here, it seemed to be slightly diferrent. A well-rounded course load for each student so that they would experience everything. A preparation for the real world, no doubt. Harry didn't mind. At least, not yet .

Glancing at his watch on his left hand, he noticed that it had been 15 minutes since he arrived. Based on the noise level in the room, the event, or whatever it was, would start soon.

Not wanting to lose the chance to learn more about his new friend, Skye, he turned to her and asked, "So you're from Celadon City?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back