• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along III: The Gaming

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Finished Tales of Hearts by law of speedruns, in that I finshed the final boss and absolutely have to go to bed so I'll watch the ending cutscenes tomorrow haha. (nevermind, I have no self control and watched credits tonight lol.)

It was fine! Much better than the Vita remake by nature of not having a terrible English localization... but it overstayed its welcome by a good 7 hours. The final dungeons were absolutely brutal.

Last edited:
    Years
  • September - Stealth

Sometimes, you just don't want all the attention on you. Even the most badass of heroes can pale before a crowd or want some time alone. Besides, who wants to go to all that effort of facing down a whole army solo head on, it's way easier to just creep by or pick them off one-by-one from the shadows. Stealth is both comfortable and efficient.

With that being said, obviously our theme for this month is stealth. Whether we're talking hiding in a box to fool your enemies or squeezing down behind obstacles to avoid being eaten by something gruesome it doesn't matter, but your game this month must have a mechanic or gameplay element based around hiding from your enemies.

Years
  • Stealth. Another genre I haven't touched in a while. I'm not sure which one I want to play. Probably original Thief or Metal Gear Solid. Or maybe I'll get an inspiration from others.

Cherrim

Years
  • I am going to play Assassin's Creed Syndicate. :) I bought it shortly after it came out and only pulled it out of the plastic wrap tonight.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Owns almost no stealth-focused games. Thought about an Elder Scrolls game with a stealth build. Would likely become boring after a bit. Turns to Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Color instead. Takes on "the devil's candy of mass destruction". Probably beat it long ago. Remembers fragments.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Returns after successfully destroying Metal Gear. Tried hiding in boxes as the prompt said. Beelined towards Snake 80% of the time when on alert, if not more. Must have been waiting for a package or something.

Detailed the experience in a Game Journal entry. Short version: Not good. Received bad information/feedback too often. Hated the box maze a lot. Spent about a quarter of the game in that stage, actually. (Was a fairly short game.)

Years
  • Just finished Aragami. There was a little jank and the writing wasn't anything crazy really, but it was overally a fun game that I liked a lot. The mechanics were really nice and I like how they were integrated into the aragami's design. More info can be found in my game journal.

Cherrim

Years
  • I beat AC Syndicate! It was fun, even if it felt dated. Makes me a but scared to replay the Assassin's Creed 2 era games that I recall so fondly because I bet they feel similar in gameplay and graphics ahaha. The story was nothing fancy and the characters were kind of blah but it was fun to pick the series up again and I'm glad I did! I'll probably go back in later to grab more collectibles but for now I can safely say it's beaten.

Years
  • October - Replay Value

With Get-Together kicking off soon, I think it's only fair to make this a more chill month for everyone so we can give the events there the amount of attention we'd like to. But that doesn't mean we won't be doing anything. Instead, we'll be looking to our comfort zones and taking on games we know we can complete.

This month's challenge is to play through a game you have already beaten at least once before. Let's see how our opinions have changed with time.

Years
  • This would be a perfect theme. I just talked about doing another challenge run on Gothic 1 with my friends. Sadly, the game isn't working on my new computer for some reason, crashing every few minutes, even with all patches and fixes. I'll try to make it run, but otherwise, I'll have to pick something else.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Plans to replay some Pokemon game this month for the Get-Together. Leans towards Yellow, Fire Red, or Sapphire. Depends how the rules shake out. May opt for more freedom with X too.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I have recently watching a bunch of Zelda: A Link to the Past randomizer races these past few weeks. As I personally have always really liked the older 2D Zelda games I used to play as a kid (namely aLttP and both Oracle of Seasons/Ages games), I went and started replaying Oracle of Ages. I had beaten once or twice when I was a kid, but it was so long ago that I have forgotten large chunks of the game, so I am excited to replay the game as an adult.

Cherrim

Years
  • I've decided to replay Oxenfree. :) Spooky game for the season and a sequel is coming out soonish so I want a refresh.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Completed Pokemon X for this month and the Get-Together challenge. Never really stopped to smell the roses. Lacked the time. Blitzed through most of it with Mega Lucario and sometimes Delphox. Definitely felt easy between the Mega and being overleveled. Reinforced why people view X/Y as too easy. (Only went to two hearts in Pokemon Amie for extra experience too.)

Got a few interesting bits in. Relied solely on Vivillon for (thankfully) the Grass gym. (Other options on hand: DynamicPunch Golurk, Surf Helioptile, and Take Down Diggersby.) Planned out how to squeeze in two specific sacrifices with only one move option each and no ability to switch. Never used anyone on the team before also, except the (shiny) Heliolisk.

Does not regret choosing X over Yellow. Will be able to take in Yellow better at a leisurely pace at some later date.

Years
  • Phew, this was a chaotic journey. As I said before, I wanted to play Gothic. But it kept crashing, so I decided to go with Gothic 2. Which had the same problem. I troubleshooted with experts on making Gothic games run on modern systems, but we failed to find a reason why they aren't working. So I decided to give Arcania: Gothic 4 a shot, since I've only played it once, when it was released. And even that game kept crashing on me. I spent most of my month getting any of them to work, but wasn't successful. Now, I had no time to play any other game that came on mind, so I decided to go against my self-imposed rule of not counting my challenge playthroughs of Pokémon games in this thread. So, my game for this month is Pokémon Platinum. I beat it and finished 2nd part of my Genlocke in it few days ago. Maybe you can read about it in following months in Travel Journals.

Back