• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along III: The Gaming

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Oh I forgot to report back! I beat Oxenfree a few weeks ago. I think I got two different endings including the "true" ending, which felt pretty solid. It's still a really good game! I wish there were more save states as I think I ended up doing this one bit about 6 times due to having to close the game at a bad time but oh well.

Excited for the sequel, even if it's in a pushed back limbo.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Just finished Oracle of Seasons this afternoon! I forgot some of the items that were in this game that had changed mobility: the pegasus seeds for quicker movement, roc's feather/cape for the jumping and the magnetic gloves for pulling/pushing yourself towards/away from magnetic objects. A lot of the game and dungeons were neat and fun but I did have two issues that seemed to be apart of each dungeon: The shift in perspective areas where instead of it being top-down 2D, the rooms were from-the-side 2D and these rooms typically involved jumping which felt very janky and frustrating (and almost made me quit in the 8th dungeon where it was also icy floors/blocks you had to jump on) and how some rooms were only traversable via minecarts (which limited movement through the dungeon). I didn't mind the minecarts too much, but they did seem a little overused and forced in places. I had forgotten the game had gotten rid of bow and arrows and instead used seeds with a slingshot as a replacement. Each seed (Ember, Scent, Mystery, Pegasus and Gale) had different effects and were required to beat some bosses. The 8th dungeon gave an upgrade, which made you use the slingshot like a shotgun (3 seeds shot at once in a cone) which was hella cool. The final boss was OK, my main issue being that it was in one of those weird from-the-side 2D rooms that I already disliked. Otherwise it was a decent fight.

I recall having seen a video covering the Oracle games a few years ago, where the games were meant to oppose each other where Seasons was more combat-challenging and Ages was more puzzle-challenging. While some of the bosses had some difficulty; as a whole they weren't too bad. The biggest challenge in Seasons for me was the 2D platform in those god awful rooms. :p

Years
  • November - Before & After

It's November, very nearly the end of the year but not quite there yet. What better time to look back on times before while being acutely aware of the fact that there's still more to come? Or some other suitably poetic bullshit. This month's theme is Before & After. The game you play can be of any genre, playstyle or franchise. However, it must be either a sequel or a prequel to another game.

Ullion

Years
  • I will be playing one of my favourite games ever: Dark Souls 3. I had lost all my saved data for that game a few years back when I had some PC issues, so it's about time I go get a new completed file again. :)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Selects Rune Factory 5 for this. Would have chosen this for last month, if not for the Get-Together making a larger game difficult to squeeze in. Technically started a few days ago. Made fairly little progress so far (Spring 13ish). Leaves the bulk of the game. Counts that as good enough.

Plays on Hard difficulty with monster companions only this time. Wonders how much knowledge will change things. Spent several hours trying for a Heart Pendant to speed up the crafting grind. Likely resulted in a net time loss. Obtained something interesting while doing so, though: a Fluffy Scarf. Requires ~96 Crafting skill to make normally (max 99 in the game). Negates the rune power cost for offensive spells. Makes a caster-focused run actually viable. Wound up being kind of worth it for the unusual opportunity, in the end.

Years
  • Now this is easy. I'll pick Bayonetta 3. Bayonetta was always a series that looked interesting to me, but never enough interesting to get me into it. So with the 3rd entry releasing just now, I'll give it a try.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm going to play Saints Row IV for mine. I've had it for years and never really played it properly so I might as well. It's fairly short too apparently so shouldn't get in the way of all the work I have to do this month.

Cherrim

Years
  • I don't feel great about this one since I'm almost done the game BUT I have also been "almost done the game" for over a year now so I'm just gonna put myself down for Great Ace Attorney 2. I forget which case I'm on, might even be the last, but I'm gonna finally beat it so I don't have to worry about spoilers all the time.

Cherrim

Years
  • I beat it over the weekend! It took me a lot longer than I thought it would so it's probably a good thing I'd already finished most of the game ages ago lol. I enjoyed the last case but I did wish I'd played the rest of it… more… recently…. because there were a handful of twists where it was completely lost on me until it gave me a flashback because I'd just plain forgotten so much hahaha. But my game is beaten and I'm ready for Pokemon this week!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Finished a second playthrough of Rune Factory 5 before the release of Scarlet/Violet. Posted a journal entry.

Humiliated this game pretty bad with knowledge and save scumming. Cleared the postgame on Summer 4 (Year 1). Never even crafted or upgraded multiple pieces of armor. Simply was not needed.

Ullion

Years
  • Just finished Dark Souls 3, and man I love the boss fights just so much in this game. I had blast going back through this and fighting Pontiff Sulyvahn and Champion Gundyr the most (although a lot of the other bosses are still great as well)! Even though I hit credits, I probably will still go back and do a bit more of the side stuff I hadn't done yet such as the DLCs and the Nameless King fight.

Years
  • Finished Saints Row IV. It's a decent game but I'm not rushing to recommend it to anyone either. It's a silly fun time, good for if you don't want to think or get into anything too deep but that's about it.

Years
  • December - Let's Go Fight God

It's the last month of this year's challenge, so it's time to go big for the grand finale. The theme for December is JRPGs which, as we all know, pretty much always end with you fighting a deity to the death. What better way to send off 2022?

Cherrim

Years
  • Oh good, I just started a new playthrough of Paper Mario a day or two ago. I'll make that my JRPG to cap off the year. :D

Years
  • I'm not sure which JRPG to play. I'm thinking about buying FF7 remake, but it feels a little bit overpriced. Then I'm considering Tales of Arise, Shin Megami Tensei 5 or Persona games. But I'll have to give it more thoughts.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Picks Pokemon Yellow for this month. Has not played Generation 1 since...maybe the Generation 2 era? Maybe not even then. Will be interesting to play right after Scarlet. Coincides with the Challenge spotlight of the Budget Challenge too.

Cherrim

Years
  • Finished Paper Mario this morning! It scratched my nostalgia itch just right. One of these days I'll need to replay TTYD too.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Completed Pokemon Yellow. Is in no rush to play that generation again. Was not too bad for the first three badges. Slowed way down after that. Battled waves of level 30 trainers, then confronted bosses with level 50's. Hated the final grind with no Experience Share.

Enjoyed using Sandslash and Starmie, if nothing else. Did not expect Sandslash to be so good. Raises an eyebrow at its 100% Slash critical rate (minus the Generation 1 miss chance), and critical hit chances in general, but whatever.

Years
  • Finished GBA remake of Final Fantasy 1. It was fun game that kinda surprised me with its direction. There were barely any JRPG tropes, little to no grinding and the combat wasn't overwhelming. I quite enjoyed the game and will continue on with the second entry.

Back