• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along IV: A New Gaming

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I've been sitting on this for a few days because I don't have my switch with me and wanted to see if I'd have time to pick Pokemon Scarlet as my game for this month to mirror when I finished up Diamond last year in January but... long story short I'm not sure I could beat it anyway with my commitments this month so I'm just gonna go with This Way Madness Lies instead. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Since I will be traveling for almost two weeks this month I may not finish the challenge, but I would like to try anyways. I started playing Super Mario Sunshine on January 1st of this year, so could I use that as my game for this month?

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    How's it gaming, players?

It's halfway through the month and I am definitely not halfway done with P5S. There's 8 jails and I've only just beat the second one today, but I'm still going with it so with any luck I maybe be able to get to the third one and eventually catch up.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Went and checked my current progress for unlocking all upgrades in Against the Storm, I may have miscounted but I believe that I am at 35 out of 66 total. I guess you could say I'm a little past halfway, although the resource cost to get the upgrades increases, so I may not actually be halfway quite yet. I've been playing roughly 2 maps a day so far, and the game has been really fun with a good amount of polish for an EA game.

Years
  • How's it gaming, players?

It's halfway through the month and I am definitely not halfway done with P5S. There's 8 jails and I've only just beat the second one today, but I'm still going with it so with any luck I maybe be able to get to the third one and eventually catch up.

I honestly haven't even started mine, but I also chose a four hour game for this month so I'm fine lmao.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Reached the fifth palace in Persona 5 Royal. Grumbles at the previous ~2 weeks. Wanted to strengthen social links. Wastes all your days during that time instead. Knows about some looming deadlines. Hates cutting it close. (Technically has a while still. Frets about availability.)

Also uses a guide with zero shame on the classroom questions. "You know the time period Yoshitune was active in, don't you?" ...No. Never heard of the Muromachi Period, Kamakura Period, or the Heian Period. Could have had "The Spaghetti Period" or "The Depressing Period" as answers. Would not have known.

Years
  • More info here, however we started off a little slow.

That said... things definitely escalated quite a bit, so I think we'll be making some good progress now! Managed to get some good RNG with some items and rewards, so my team is looking quite beefed up right now.

Years
  • I barely touched any game so far this month. I'm halfway through 1. episode of DUSK, which means I still have about 25 levels to go. But they are short, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
  • I was going to give my progress earlier, but I was on chapter 6, so I waited until I beat the game. I finished xenoblade chronicles 3! I didn't complete any side quests, and tried to beat the game as fast as possible. The game is so fun although I feel really bad skipping the cutscene. I love the theme in this game and the character. I love Eunie the most, but Lanz deserves a spotlight. I love his story with Joran, and the scene where he gives Sena a Pep talk. I really like Lanz. I still wish he got more character developments.

I can't wait for the next hero quest and the big DLC this year.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • I'm done - done with Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode. I thought I would've been able to pace my game easily since I've been far enough into the game to know how it would take to beat the game. But oh what a fool I was, what I had played before was the PSP version. This one had twice the story and when I beat what I presumed to be the last boss, I was so happy only to be thrown to another storyline without skipping a beat as the added "Scheme of the Demon Lords" is apparently connected without a credit scene to gap between the stories, so I had to beat that too unlike another added scenario "Lament of the X-Antibody" which was optional (But I beat it beforehand, it can be beaten halfway through the main story). But overall I had so much fun playing this enhanced port, there's so much more Digimon to recruit to the File City and so much more Digimon you can get (More than twice the original of ones in the PSP version) so yup I'm happy despite having to grind at the finish line because the added scenario.

Also, considering I wrote in detail what I did in the game I might write them all in a Game Journal here, but idk. Depending on whether I'm lazy or not haha.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I finished up my game last week and posted thoughts in my journal. I enjoyed my pick but alas didn't really like the implementation of the battle system this time around. Still glad I made the time to play it tho!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Finished the game, or rather, I did all the goals there which is about as close as you can get to "finishing" the game I guess.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Likely won't be finishing Against the Storm this month; a poor choice on my part for picking it as a game to do inside of just one month. :p It didn't help that the other day they had an update that increased the number of possible upgrades the player can get from 66 to 73 (and all on the more expensive end).

Years
  • Likely won't be finishing Against the Storm this month; a poor choice on my part for picking it as a game to do inside of just one month. :p It didn't help that the other day they had an update that increased the number of possible upgrades the player can get from 66 to 73 (and all on the more expensive end).

Oof

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I'm not going to lie, when I chose P5S I thought the game was going to be like 25-30 hours, not a fully evolved like, 80 hour sequel to P5. I can confidently say I'm not going to be finishing this one, unfortunately.

Years
  • I'm not going to lie, when I chose P5S I thought the game was going to be like 25-30 hours, not a fully evolved like, 80 hour sequel to P5. I can confidently say I'm not going to be finishing this one, unfortunately.

There's always next month! It happens.

As for me, I just finished The Last Day of June. It's really good and I very much recommend it. You can see my thoughts on it here.

Years
  • I am so close to the end!!!! We're at Chapter 9 of 13 and the power levelling has start to begin, hoping that my grinding today means I have a smooth ride to the end tomorrow!

I have to say, it has been fun kinda speeding through a Disgaea game, I normally get completely enveloped in the grindfest and take sometimes hundreds of hours to beat the story, this has actually been a refreshing way to play the game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I beat Lil Gator Game yesterday. It was such a charming experience. I enjoyed everything from characters to gameplay. You can read my thoughts in my journal.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Joins the not finishing crew. Defeated the final boss of the original game at ~102:36 hours (most this month, but not all) yesterday. Introduced another dungeon after that in Royal. Supposedly takes 20-30 hours. Has not yet seen the credits, an "End" screen, or a "Thanks for playing".

Quick thoughts: Overall, a good game because of the story. Rates it as 8/10. Recommends it to others who enjoy RPGs. Felt like a big world with all of the small shops and day-based events. Lost points on combat, however. Found that to be a bit dull. Defeated a lot of enemies before they acted. Could have trimmed down the Palaces and Mementos.

Feels bad for anyone failing to meet the requirement for the new content, also. Took a long time to reach this point. Was not too harsh (rank 9 in one confidant) for the new palace. Demands rank 5 and rank 8 in two others before certain (late) dates for the true ending, supposedly.

Last edited:
    Back