• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-[The PokeCommunity's Daily Chit Chat]-|2007 New Year's Edition|<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I've always found math really difficult. x_x It makes me feel bad because all my friends are good at it. I study hard and everything, do all my homework, go in for extra help...it doesn't make any difference. I just forget everything. XD; I'm going to really suffer over the next few years at highschool.

Opposite for me. My friends are not that good in Math. The only reason I find Maths difficult now is because we're doing A-level stuff... Kind of like IB level, except slightly easier. Plus I'm doing my GCSE's this year (which is a year early), and if I don't get an A*, I have to do it again next year...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Everyone I know is good at maths. Unlike sukky me, who sucks at it. XD

xxxSakura

桜の姫 ♡ Formely xoxkris
    Years
    I find maths easy. Or maybe its because the stuff we get taught isnt advanced enough...
    Maths in primary was tough for me, area of circles, etc. But secondary school maths seems understandable, like Integers, etc. I always got only an A for Maths in primary school ;_________; Same case with my Science. My Chinese and English are waaaay better with an A*

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Uh huh, I'm the worse at questions with patterns. I will spend a long time to spot them out, arrgh ;____;

That reminds me of when we had to enter this competition as a team and one of the questions involved number patterns but it was two patterns combined together. That was weird and hard.

xxxSakura

桜の姫 ♡ Formely xoxkris
    Years
    That reminds me of when we had to enter this competition as a team and one of the questions involved number patterns but it was two patterns combined together. That was weird and hard.
    Aww, I would have stink at it. I remember last year I was chosen to be a Station Master for a Maths Amazing Race. It was real fun =DD

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    What I find hard about Math is... Well, everything, I guess. I hate being in the 'advanced' Math class, since everyone is smarter than me... T-T Gah. And I'm having a Math test this coming Wednesday on Quadratics or something...

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I've always found math really difficult. x_x It makes me feel bad because all my friends are good at it. I study hard and everything, do all my homework, go in for extra help...it doesn't make any difference. I just forget everything. XD; I'm going to really suffer over the next few years at highschool.
    My ability at math is 'okay' at the moment. When I first started high school I was in a really low group, but now I've in the second highest set so I've obviously improved a lot. I'm better at it than most of my friends, although, I do find some parts hard to learn. I intend to get around a B+ grade for my GCSE so that I can carry on studying it at A level though. Out of the three core subjects we have to study at school (English, math, and science), math is the one I find the more enjoyable to study, yet I'm suppose to be getting higher grades in the other two due to my being in top set. No idea why. XD

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    My ability at math is 'okay' at the moment. When I first started high school I was in a really low group, but now I've in the second highest set so I've obviously improved a lot. I'm better at it than most of my friends, although, I do find some parts hard to learn. I intend to get around a B+ grade for my GCSE so that I can carry on studying it at A level though. Out of the three core subjects we have to study at school (English, math, and science), math is the one I find the more enjoyable to study, yet I'm suppose to be getting higher grades in the other two due to my being in top set. No idea why. XD

I'm in the top set for all three core subjects (not bragging). But in fact, the only thing I'm really good at between the three of those is Science, chemistry, to be more precise. I'm rubbish at practically everything else, especially English. I am the worst in English (well, me and my best friend). I'm just happy that our next course work is on creative writing, which I am quite good at...

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    I seem to like maths more than any other practical subject. Or I seem to understand it more, meh.

This year for me, it's precalculus. I had to start off learning how to work with radicals, which wasn't quite fun.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    You lost me at the third sentence O_o

But seriously, I don't understand most of the stuff we're doing in Maths now... I wanna move down a set ;-;

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Eww, I despise math, right now I'm geometry this year and I had a horrible teacher and I didn't understand half the stuff we were doing. Now at least this semester I have a better teacher so I get most of the material.

Crystal Walrein said:
    This year for me, it's precalculus. I had to start off learning how to work with radicals, which wasn't quite fun.

I don't have to worry about that until my senior year, but we did start learning about radiclas last year.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Right now, I'm taking academic math. It is difficult, and it has certainly gotten harder than the math I used to do in grade 8. Back then, all there was to it was understanding the main rule and memorizing the formula in completing a unit. It's the same now, but more things are added to what you've done in the past grade, of course. I prefer other subjects over math, yet I do pretty well at it. It turns out horrible for people when they've chosen to do a subject at a higher level to only fail in it. That has happened to me, because I'm also taking academic science. I'm not doing as well there.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Hitsugaya Toushiro said:
    It turns out horrible for people when they've chosen to do a subject at a higher level to only fail in it. That has happened to me, because I'm also taking academic science. I'm not doing as well there.

Same thing happened with my friend, she wanted to take an honor's class so she went into honors chemistry. Even though she's a straight A student she failed miserably in that class and regretted taking it.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    Icky said:
    It turns out horrible for people when they've chosen to do a subject at a higher level to only fail in it. That has happened to me, because I'm also taking academic science. I'm not doing as well there.

I took {or am taking, since the first semester isn't over yet} all applied courses this semester to see how I really did on them. If I did well, then next year I would consider academic. It's the same for next semester, except I'm taking academic English because I know I'll do well in that. XD;

But one of my friends took academic in everything, and she isn't doing very well. I'm doing fine in all my subjects, however. And I'm still passing math. x__x

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    My ability at math is 'okay' at the moment. When I first started high school I was in a really low group, but now I've in the second highest set so I've obviously improved a lot.
    That's quite impressive. When I was at school we got split into sets in Year 8. And, for the most part, people stayed in their original sets, with one or two moving up and down a set, but that was it.

Princess said:
    Out of the three core subjects we have to study at school (English, math, and science), math is the one I find the more enjoyable to study, yet I'm suppose to be getting higher grades in the other two due to my being in top set. No idea why. XD
    Maths was one of the few subjects I enjoyed at school. But that was more because I had teachers that made the lessons fun, as opposed to some teachers who just constantly throw out formulas and expect you to learn them.

I was in the top set for all of my subjects at school, and to be quite honest I didn't find any of them very difficult. I mean, there were certain parts of some subjects that were challenging to learn, but for the most part it was relatively easy for me..

Years
    I'm very surprised I do pretty well if I go a step up in a class. o.o;
    For instance, when I was in regular English last year, when I got to my new school, I aced it. Badly. I went a level up this year (Advanced Placement), same teacher... I'm only a letter grade worse than before (~15% lower). And this is definitely my worst subject, ever. I'm surprised I haven't gotten a C in there, although I've been close before.
    And when I went into AP US History and AP Government, I haven't had any major problems. But then again, I do well in Social Studies anyway... it's one of my best subjects. :/
    The rest of my classes are regular subjects (except for my math, it's the second highest in the school), and I seriously ace them. School is easy for me when it comes to concepts and learning. It's just the projects and public speaking that'll kill me. *shrug*

I haven't outright failed a class, ever. o_O;; If I get a B in a class, I freak out. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back