• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-[The PokeCommunity's Daily Chit Chat]-|2007 New Year's Edition|<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco Wu1f

<- Hey look, it's me! =]
    Years
    Oh god... i love math and all but its just so boring >.O;
    My favorite class would have to be Chemistry and Earth/Environmental science... anything to do with science really.
    But my Report card for this semester... was... horrible...
    Im ashamed to admit that i failed all my classes ><;

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
    Years
    I'm very surprised I do pretty well if I go a step up in a class. o.o;
    For instance, when I was in regular English last year, when I got to my new school, I aced it. Badly. I went a level up this year (Advanced Placement), same teacher... I'm only a letter grade worse than before (~15% lower). And this is definitely my worst subject, ever. I'm surprised I haven't gotten a C in there, although I've been close before.
    And when I went into AP US History and AP Government, I haven't had any major problems. But then again, I do well in Social Studies anyway... it's one of my best subjects. :/
    The rest of my classes are regular subjects (except for my math, it's the second highest in the school), and I seriously ace them. School is easy for me when it comes to concepts and learning. It's just the projects and public speaking that'll kill me. *shrug*

I haven't outright failed a class, ever. o_O;; If I get a B in a class, I freak out. XD

How do you ace something badly? I always felt that that was a good thing...

I'm in Honors English, which I love to death, and plan on taking AP next year~ Sadly, that and Math are the only things I get an A in now adays; Honors Chemistry needs to die and so do evil World History teachers- WH, is fun and stuff, but it sucks when teachers pick at the tiny details no one cares about :\ And roman numeral kings....ugh x.x Too many Henrys >: Along with that...LATINA MISERA EST >: Ego non legit. Non Latina capia. UMQUAM >: Ego hoc scribo, seb non Latine scire. BAH.

Eco Wu1f

<- Hey look, it's me! =]
    Years
    I agree with the whole history thing... there are some really good things about world history, but it also has its fare share of bad things =/
    I never liked history.
    Im in English III honors myself and i LOVE it. Writing is one of my specialties =p

Miyako

Rolling~♥~Bubbles
    Years
    I don't like history at all... And I'm hopen to get into Honors English next year... XD

Has anyone heard of AVID? If ya haven't, it's like a college prep class, and I'm in it~! XD

Eco Wu1f

<- Hey look, it's me! =]
    Years
    I took a college prep class... then i quit...
    College prep just wasnt for me =/ Its not that its hard, its just... i don't know o.o

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    College prep, eh?

This is my first year in college. It's a good amount of work, but I really like it. At least...it beats the crap out of high school. =P

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    I'm really actually looking forward to the day when I start college. However, I'm really enjoying high school right now, and I don't like to think about leaving. XD; Meh. That won't be for a while yet, anyway. :x

Miyako

Rolling~♥~Bubbles
    Years
    I'm not even in high school! XD I'm still in jr. high~! But, whatever, I'm just doing my best to keep my grades up so I can go to college.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I've been enrolled into college prep classes before as well. The first one was a watercoloring class, next a drawing class, then art history class. The fun lasted for a while. I'm usually encouraged into taking college prep classes by my friends. Now this year, they had me sign up for Elementary Spanish. :P I've had two years of Spanish class, but I feel that I never got a proper education into it because our teachers continued to switch on us and tactics were failing. *shrug* It mainly all resorted into stress and confusion.

As for college, I really can't stand that idea. That's why I picked the military to be the best alternate for me. I have gotten the chance talked to an army recruiter as well. ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do people in the USA still have uni, or does college replace that?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I just assumed there was no uni because no-body meantioned it.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Really the only difference lies in the size and structure of the institution. A university is usually composed of multiple smaller institutions; a college is more concentrated.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Many people I know go to college's during thier high schooling, so does that mean they would learn more if they stayed at college than if they went to uni later in life?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah..though I had been brought up with the 'idea' that uni's are better.

Years
    Really, all a university is is a "college" that's broken down into more specific colleges. You'd probably get an equally good education at either. o_o; I believe that's correct. I had never even encountered the term "university" until recently.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Really, all a university is is a "college" that's broken down into more specific colleges. You'd probably get an equally good education at either. o_o; I believe that's correct. I had never even encountered the term "university" until recently.
    I always thought Americans rated University equal to College. Over here in Britain, we have high school which ends in our GCSEs at the age of 16. Then we have two years of college which result in A Levels. After that, you move onto University where you tend to study for a Bachelors Degree of some kind. Which is what I'm currently doing, only a variation of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back