• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 'Pokemon Following You' Discussion Thread

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I just went to Serebii and saw that they found info that you will be able to have ALL pokemon follow you, instead of just your starter. What do you guys thinks about that? And what pokemon would you have follow you? I'd have my trusty Umbreon following me :D

And what would it look like if a legendary could follow you o.O

By all i meant any pokemon lol, not ALL of em. (that'd be.........silly XD)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    That sounds awesome! It's probably the Pokemon in the first slot. I'd have my Luxray or Quilava or Nidoking lol (:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    There was an old thread for this... but it's old, and I think it'll be better to start anew with this thread (which should get discussion a-plenty) in this instance, given that we know know that all Pokemon CAN follow you. New info and all will lead to somewhat new discussion, and half-a-month old threads are...well, outdated now by this info. So... discuss away?

Anyway - I will be trying a number of Pokemon, most likely. Some for the awesome factor, (favourite Pokemon - heck, I can even have a Ludicolo XD), and some for the laughs (Magikarp and Wailord are just the beginning).

I think it'll be odd with some of those, and some of the legendary Pokemon as well... but ah well, don't mind this too much at all. Probably all Pokemon will remain the size of your character, I'd think...

Alec_

Years
    Water Pokemons that can't walk coulnd't follow you. I just think. it could follow you on the ocean. Also about the Legendary. I think they woulnd't also. It's too big ( Just exceptions from the Small Legendary Pokemons )... That's what my mind tells me. xD

~Fairytales.

Years
    having an arcanine follow me would be amazing, and a typhlosion, and all the eeveelutions would be pretty immense aswell.
    i'd love to see raikou, entei or suicine following me, that'd be epic.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    Well i'm neutral on this feature of the game. Like it's been mentioned that some pokemon can't walk, mainly water types (Gyarados, Magikarp, Seaking, Golden, etc) so i'm anxious to see how that is actually going to work. And if they keep the Pokemon the same height as the character that it going to be lame, because if they do do that then there is no point for the weighing/height section of the Pokedex.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The idea of having all the Pokémon being able to follow you over a certain selected few I think is a better suited idea for the game. Yes, it'll seem a little strange having some following us [like mentioned Magikarp, Wailord, the legenderies, etc], but at least it'll add in some humor to the game. Not to mention, it'll lessen the amount of complaints people may have about how they cannot have their favorite Pokémon able to follow them, but only a selected few or simply just the starters.

I like this feature nonetheless and it not only brings in great remanents of the original GSC, but also Pokémon Yellow too. Being able to talk to our Pokémon and see how they are feeling is another beneficial factor and it'll be amusing to see what a "God" Pokémon like Arceus will be feeling while following us. Though, for me, I'll more than likely have my favorite Pokémon following me around such as Pichu, Houndoom, and a few others. Then, of course I'll have the odd ones following me as well for the laughs and fun of the game.

Overall, a plus for the remakes and something I'll enjoy knowing we;ve finalyl got full confirmation about this factor seeing as how it was so highly speculated beforehand.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Just read this on Bulbanews...I got up and cheered!

If this feature of Pokemon following you is implemented for all 493 Pokemon, HG/SS will have a radical improvement over Pokemon. I mean, having your fully-evolved starter backing you at all times. (Blaziken for me (first-ever Starter) :t257: or Typhlosion for HG/SS :D :t157:)
    Or even better, awesome legendaries like Lugia and Ho-Oh, or members of the Weather and Dimensional Trios, or even Arceus!
    I can tell this simple feature (though trivial to some people) will be an awesome sight to behold.

I also want to see how amusing Wailord's overworld sprite will be! :laugh: :t321:

Years
    they might just have the water pokemon "floating" ? :S
    if you think about it, in the anime the water pokemon can be on land and stuff, so its kinda feasible
    magikarp can just bounce along anyway, gyaradas.... not so much.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    YES.
    I'm glad they aren't discriminating based on cuteness anymore. I want my Gardevoir perpetually following me around, damnit!

I can now safely call this the best game ever.
    ...But I still want my Heart OW.

Years
    Well i'm neutral on this feature of the game. Like it's been mentioned that some pokemon can't walk, mainly water types (Gyarados, Magikarp, Seaking, Golden, etc) so i'm anxious to see how that is actually going to work. And if they keep the Pokemon the same height as the character that it going to be lame, because if they do do that then there is no point for the weighing/height section of the Pokedex.

i don't think they'll take up more than one square (not across anyway, along maybe) because if theres a path where theres only 1 square to get through you'd have to keep changing which pokemon was out of its ball
    & i think they do differ in height, as the pichu was tiny, and the steelix towered over Gold.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I hope the "following" is optional. Because I don't want them following me until they're fully evolved! Then my trainer looks all cool with a Steelix behind him. Steelix looks awesome following you, so I have to say I'm changing my mind about this following aspect. (:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hmm I wonder if any water Pokemon would be the case for surfing. Doubt it but hey walking around Johto with a typhlosion is epic. Especially for the most humrous thing ever. Went knows what I am talking about...

Years
    I thinks that's cool, a lot of Johto Pokemon seem like the types that would follow you. I just don't know about legendaries though 0.o

Back