• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 'Pokemon Following You' Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    itd be pretty cool, id prolly have my umbreon behind me, i think the fly and surf sequences wld be pretty cool with it

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    You have to take into account something like pokemon ranch or on the gamecube pokemon games, all water pokemon simply float above the air or hop on land.

Also you can surf on horsea without hacking I think, I wonder how they'd do that...

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Hey... what about if we start to run or ride a bike. Well the bicycle will probably make the pokemon disappear. But when we run, the pokemon will just be like super fast behind us? That seems like it could get annoying... any thoughts?

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i think that when we run, the pokemon will just run quickly behind as at the rate we are going. In D/P/Pt if someone was following you and you started to sprint, they'd start to right behind you as well. I am assuming that is how it will be for the pokemon that follows you.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Every Pokemon can follow you? Hell yeah, finally my trusty Espeon doesn't have to be in her scary pokeball and can follow me through the awesome Johto all the time!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    :/ I have not seen one without a pokemon following O_o (Except for the ONE that takes place before you even get your starter... :p How many is "many"? And where are they?

Hm, I must've been imagining things. o.0 I swear I saw some a while back of just the trainer without any following Pokémon.

A Pokémon like Magikarp or Goldeen would probably appear to be flopping behind as most fish would do out of water. Though, when people say that a fish out of water will die in the game, it makes me realize that people are thinking too much of the reality of things when this is just a game. What is portrayed here isn't real, so it is fair as a game to make the unreal be real even if in a new remake. So, it'll be worked out in some way or the other, but from what I can tell right now it seems to be fitting perfectly well.

Anyone remember when the S.S. Anne capsized in the anime? Team Rocket had their Magikarp flopping out of water for who knows how long! xD I guess water Pokémon can survive out of water much better than regular ol' fish can.

As for other trainers with Pokémon outside, I kinda doubt it. But it'd be kind of cool because it'd allow you to see what kind of Pokémon they had so you could rearrange your team prior to battling them.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    My Aggron Gets a bit crammed inside his pokeall. He would love it if he could stay outside with me.

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
    Some of the features aren't quite as spectacular as they're cracked up to be, but this feature deserves all the hype it can get.

The reason is, people feel a certain attachment to their Pokémon, and the joy of having your absolute favorite follow you around cannot be stretched by any funhouse mirror, since this very real enjoyment is etched into one's mind and varies from person to person.

Personally, I'm delighted at the prospect at having my very own Porygon-Z (nicknamed Pory.exe), that I bred, following me everywhere I go, all over the beautiful D/P/Pt-styled lands of Johto and Kanto. And it's my favorite Pokémon.

About the water Pokémon thing: Perhaps a Poké Ball creates a thin veil of water around aquatic Pokémon so that their gills can function properly. And Magikarp can survive flopping out of water indefinitely, according to the Pokédex. And Pokémon-specific Surf sprites would be awesome, though we can't expect it to happen.

I wonder what Wailord would look like following you around...

BEACHED WHALE!!1!

Last edited:

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I'm having Manaphy or Starmie following me.

Although I'm more curious about seeing Wailord following a trainer : OOO

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I personally think it'll be bad-ass having a Feraligatr following me around. I mean, that would be something I could show my friends. xD

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Lol.
    I just thought about what it would look like if you had a nosepass follow you.
    It'd be like it was sniffing your butt the whole time >.<.
    Wailord would be funny as well.
    However I would probally have an umbreon or eevee following me...
    Or a ralts :]

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I don't really like the idea of having them ALWAYS following you. I hope you can switch off that feature, because it would be a real pain to have a large Pokemon following you around. If that's the case, I'll have to get to work training a Pikachu ^__^

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    i would have to say having either my umbreon or my dragonite following would be asome, or mew or mew2 or yada yada ya ya get the point XD.

anyways it would be cool if they had a special set of sprites for shinies then i would definitly have my charizard following me. (my first and my favorite). but i highly doubt that. it had to be hard enough making moveable sprites for each and every 493 pokemon (i think yea thats right). especially if its coming to japan this fall. im guessin they have more important things to test out first before they would try and make shiny sprites for each one

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, the notched ear Pichu got it's own sprite, so I don't think Shiny Pokemon are that impossible.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    i would have to say having either my umbreon or my dragonite following would be asome, or mew or mew2 or yada yada ya ya get the point XD.

anyways it would be cool if they had a special set of sprites for shinies then i would definitly have my charizard following me. (my first and my favorite). but i highly doubt that. it had to be hard enough making moveable sprites for each and every 493 pokemon (i think yea thats right). especially if its coming to japan this fall. im guessin they have more important things to test out first before they would try and make shiny sprites for each one

Actually, after they have made a walking sprite for every Pokemon, all they have to do is duplicate every sprite and then recolor them, which is pretty easy and quick work. So the only hard work is "combining" the shiny sprites with the shiny Pokemon, which shouldn't be THAT hard either.

Back