• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Can someone maybe help me out here? Is it Christmas time on the Island? I remember reading a post a while back and somebody mentioned the fact that is was Christmas but I kind of skimmed over it and didn't think much of it.

But now in Meganium90's latest post. She mention the fact that Christmas is tomorrow! I'm so confused. :(

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@WooliestSteam1: Christmas will take place on the next IC day.

It's only snowing right now.

Last edited:
Years
@Wooliest - I believe it is Christmas during the next IC day.

@Zayne's class - Sorry for the lack of activity, a post is on the way.

@Everyone (especially the GMs) - Did I ever get a response about the route I wanted to take with Zayne in regard to Yew? I went over everything quickly and couldn't find a response.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I wonder if anyone will notice the battle Adrian just had with Team Rocket. One of them is carrying him off...

Or will someone find him at their base? Either way things go, I've got some plans for my character. If anyone wants to take part, I'd love the company.

Tell me more about this battle Adrian just had...

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
He ran into a group of Team Rocket grunts, and lost to their leader's well-formed team. He's being carried off to wherever their base is, if he's not already there.

Dawn

Years
@Gimmiepie: I'm not aware of such a post currently.

@WooliestSteam1: Yes, with the opening of presents and the delibirds and flying snorlax

@Cosmic Fury: I have this vague feeling I'll be seeing your character soon... Though, I'm not sure when it was established Team Rocket had a base. :P

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
If Team Rocket did have a base on this island of all things, chances are it's a temporary compound. Either that or they managed to set themselves up in one of Oak Town's buildings. Either way, I'll leave it up to you to meet my character.

EDIT: @ShinyDiamond, yes, Adrian Steele is my character. The Rocket guys are NPC's.

Dawn

Years
@Cosmic Fury: As a matter of fact I did plan for this and will be working on a post to explain what would happen to your character at this point. However, this is going to be one looooong post.

...So gimme some patience. ;P

@iceman3317: The 6th gen starters are currently the only 6th gen pokemon available. They cannot evolve, and only know the movesets of other starters with the exception of specialty moves. (Things like Charmander's metal claw that are rather unique to that starter.)

Other 6th gen pokemon will become available come october or so when 6th generation actually comes out. (I have no idea how I'm going to insert their non-existant sprites into the main post.)

You do not have to use the etherpad, but it's heavily recommended as the alternative is posting your team updates here in the OOC, and we want to prevent those from flooding the thread. (Gotta earn our 9001 posts the legit way, y'know?~)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
The post count, it's... It's...!

Not nearly high enough yet.

So... Still haven't moved Zen at all. She really needs a hobby or something.

Years
Name: Josh Strika

Sex:Male

Dorm :Raikou Dorm

Appearance : Josh has Brown hair and silver eyes. He is Caucasian. His favorite outfit is a black no sleeve covered by a black wind jacket with an outline of a pokeball in yellow.

Personality : While Josh has full faith in his Pokemons' abilities he gets nervous before any type of battle. Josh tends to be kind toward others until he disagrees with them. He knows he can make it to the gyms but he can not bring himself to challenge any for fear of his Pokemon getting hurt. Josh never wants to let people down. However his unwanting to battle does get in the way very often.

History : Josh was born in the Kanto region in the city of Vermillion where from just 3 years old he started watching Lt. Surge and his Pokemon battle challengers thus teaching Josh all the ways to battle foes using only electric type Pokemon. At 9 his parents bought him his own Blitzle after he pleaded with them for a Pokemon for 2 years so that he too could be a trainer. It was at that very moment that he decided he wanted to be a Gym leader. However at 11 he challenged Cerulean's gym, however, he was way too confident in his ability and Blitzle was stuck in a Pokemon center for a week. This caused Josh to be so nervous about battles that he thought he could never battle again. At 13 an elekid attacked him while he was with his Blitzle forcing him to use Blitzle in battle again luckily the elekid enjoyed the surprisingly well fought battle and joined Josh. At 14 he found a rotom being hit with stones by some bullies that wanted him to combine with a lawn mower so he told them to get away. However, he was attacked by them and the rotom realized Josh's caring for Pokemon so he saved him and joined him. Now at age 15 he has just received a letter inviting him to a prestigious Pokemon trainer school.

Pokémon:
Species: Blitzle
Personality : Loyal
Lvl: 23
Moves:
Quick Attack
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock

Species: Elekid
Personality : Bold and daring
Lvl: 6
Moves:
Volt Tackle
Tackle

Species: Rotom
Personality : Very Mischevious
Lvl: 17
Moves:
Thunder Shock
Hex
Thunder Wave

Opening Post : I got up from my nice warm bed this morning as I do every morning by eating a quick bowl of cereal and then clicking on the tv set. However, this morning my Dad called me to the living room in a frantic voice.

"Josh. You have a letter." Dad said oddly neutrally.

I took the white envelope, opened it, and read the letter twice over. It was an invitation to the Pokemon Trainer Academy! I could finally learn to battle and get over my fears! I showed it to my Dad hoping he would let me go and he was thrilled... after I plead with him for about 10 minutes. The next day I climbed into his old car and we drove to the port. My Dad couldn't come with me on the boat because of his job making me go the rest of the way alone. In the large boat was a completely enclosed room with a sign hanging above it welcoming trainers to release their Pokemon and let them play around.

I released my three loyal companions and allowed them to run around the well lit room. My rotom and Elekid went off to play with some balls while my Blitzle looked up at me with a questioning look.

"You're wondering where we are going, aren't you?" I asked him causing him to nod his head down low. "We are going to a new place where we can learn how to fight at last. If we just stick together we will do great I just know it." I said trying to sound reassuringly however not knowing what was going to happen next. At this his other Pokemon came over to me and layed down around him trying to comfort me.

About an hour later we arrived at port and were driven to the school by an old taxi driver. At the front gate I stopped for a moment worried that I may not be ready for this but when I felt my three red and white Pokeballs dangling at my side I realized something that had yet to cross my mind. That this is where my journey starts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this good?

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
@Iceman3317 & Amerininja

Both of your SUs are wayyy too short. Amerininja, You do have an opening post but I still believe its far too short to count for the limit in terms of being accepted. If your going to have an opening post in your SU, you gotta discribe alot more. Their arrival to the academy, and perhaps some more history.

For Amerininja, The history must be 100 words minimum while the Opening post has to be at least 350 words minimum.

For the history alone, it must be 350 words minimum. and your personality needs to be bigger as well. At least 100 words.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ah 350 minimum. My bad I read that wrong. I was actually trying hard not to go over 350. Don't worry, I can probably fix that fairly quick. I'll let you know when I have added more.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
@ Ice: Alright I've had a SU like this before and it sounds really far fetched. Its one thing to have one at least one or two badges. That's a reasonable ammount, but all 8 badges in Hoenn? If he was able to do that, why is he in school? He'd pretty much be qualified for the Pokemon League so what is there to learn?

@amerininja: Your good to go now

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
@ Ice: Alright I've had a SU like this before and it sounds really far fetched. Its one thing to have one at least one or two badges. That's a reasonable ammount, but all 8 badges in Hoenn? If he was able to do that, why is he in school? He'd pretty much be qualified for the Pokemon League so what is there to learn?

Ah, the reasoning behind the deletion sounded a bit harsh. Didn't mean for it to.

Yeah your right, I thought about this when I was making it, but didn't think about it. I was thinking that is was just weaker gyms and not the gyms we know about, but that is almost becoming god modding. I deleted it for now so I could work on it a bit more. I'll lower the amount of badges, but I need to work on the history a bit more. I'll have a newer version tonight or tomorrow or sometime this weekend. I'll stick to the gyms we know of as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back