• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Can't say much for the others, but my character got captured by Team Rocket, and I'm waiting on Yellow to write a post to bring our characters together.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Not quite sure. If you need help picking a starting point, just talk to anyone else here, and they can work out something for you -- if their characters are free.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
The RP is heavily sandbox orientated, which means that you're free to do your own thing and build your character's story. By the end of PTA, I will begin working with RPers to craft individual endings for characters based on what they've endured and experienced so far.

Also, I feel horrible. I didn't realize someone was going to be thrust on me in the middle of Valorie's little solo saga. This post is going to be huge and I'm still struggling with personal issues. >>

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ah, the reasoning behind the deletion sounded a bit harsh. Didn't mean for it to.

Yeah your right, I thought about this when I was making it, but didn't think about it. I was thinking that is was just weaker gyms and not the gyms we know about, but that is almost becoming god modding. I deleted it for now so I could work on it a bit more. I'll lower the amount of badges, but I need to work on the history a bit more. I'll have a newer version tonight or tomorrow or sometime this weekend. I'll stick to the gyms we know of as well.

Sure thing. Sorry if I came off as too blunt there. Mark here hasn't taken on a single gym of his life, despite having lived near a couple all his life, but he could have at least taken on a few of them if he really wished. Though like most of the students, he's inexperienced. Keep that in mind when making your history.

Dawn

Years
Well, I burned through that huge post last night to really push things along. I've got two different Team Rocket related things going on in that post and the existence of a secret compound has been revealed. Only Kiyoko seems to know the location though!

He's vaguely located in the mid-east mountains and is heading west towards the academy grounds.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Well, I burned through that huge post last night to really push things along. I've got two different Team Rocket related things going on in that post and the existence of a secret compound has been revealed. Only Kiyoko seems to know the location though!

He's vaguely located in the mid-east mountains and is heading west towards the academy grounds.

I have Kilik at the mountains, & if Pink posts, she will possibly be with him as well. Once so, may Kiyoko meet up with the duo once again? I like getting involved in Rocket events~

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
Name: Christopher Jones

Nickname: Chris

Sex: Male

Dorm: Entei (It has one slot empty but it doesn't say open, if it for some reason isn't open then I choose Raikou)

Appearance:
See profile pic

Personality: Chris is generally shy around others, and doesn't like being around too many people. He is more at home in the wild, around pokemon which he can call friends. He loves reading up on lore and looking through old books, finding out tales of the past, ancient prophecies and sometimes just good fiction. He also enjoys writing as much as he enjoys reading, he has aspired to become an author in his spare time. He liked to keep his writing to himself as he gets embarrassed easily when others read his work, then even thinks it all stupid so he throws it away. But when around his Riolu he is more calm, and less shy as Riolu bumps up his courage all the time. When he comes across trouble he tries to avoid a fight, but is so clumsy when trying to be stealthy, he usually snaps a twig which alerts the danger of his presence.

History: Chris had a nice life living in Ecruteak City, he never left the city as he was warned about the dangers outside. But one time, at the age of 10, he got out without his mother noticing, and left onto route 38. He loved it out in the wilderness. Until a group of Pineco jumped out of a tree and surrounded him, it was then that Chris had hoped he had a pokemon with him. Then suddenly out of the blue three shadows jumped out of another tree. They were all on their hinds legs. One of them was leading the other two, which seemed to be the same species. The three fought back against the Pineco and knocked them all out. The three pokemon turned towards Chris to reveal themselves. One was a Riolu, and the other two were Tyrogues. Chris was about to get up and run, as he thought these were just other pokemon wanting to get at Chris before the Pineco could. But the Riolu smiled and stepped slowly foward. Chris calmed down and looked into the three pokemon's eyes. These were all kind pokemon, who didn't want any trouble. He got up and walked off, after some minutes in shock, but the three followed him. When he made it back to the city his mother was waiting for him. She explained how she knew he was ready to become a pokemon trainer, ever since he started sneaking out, so she caught the three pokemon and sent them to protect Chris if anything attacked him. Then she stated how the three should be his starter pokemon, and gave him two pokeballs. He asked why there were only two, and it turned out that Riolu didn't have a pokeball, but would follow Chris anyway. So Chris signed up as a pokemon trainer, and after a few years he took the test of entry to the academy. He passed the written easily but had trouble with the practical, because of his lack of courage. The only reason he did ok at it was because Riolu was beside him at all times in that battle.

Pokémon
Species: Riolu
Nickname: Rio
Personality: Rio is also known as the pokemon version of Chris, the only difference is that Rio is more courageous, but can also be reckless. He loves hanging around with Chris, and hates being confined into a pokeball, as he would fell crushed and worthless.
Lvl: 20
Moves: Force Palm, Counter, Dig, Brick Break, Low Sweep, Rock Smash

Species: Tyrogue
Nickname: Tychan
Personality: Tychan considers himself a very strong fighter, but can be reckless. Sometimes he believes he has enough defense and charges right into a full on blow. This means he gets easily knocked out and eventually gives up. But when he gets a critical strike the tides are turned in his favour, and he easily takes down the opponent who is usually on the floor in pain.
Lvl: 16
Moves: Hidden Power, Earthquake, Low Sweep, Rock Smash, Low Kick, Tackle

Species: Tyrogue
Nickname: Tylee
Personality: Tylee is pretty much the opposite of Tychan, plans before he does anything and is only usually taken out by a direct hit. He sometimes even uses his moves in different ways to block. But when he tries to go for full on attack, he fails and usually doesn't do much damage. This is why he believes he is brilliant working with Tychan as their combined attack and defense could easily take out many opponents.
Lvl: 16
Moves:
Hidden Power, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Strength, Low Kick, Tackle

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
@Cyborgster: Alright... well, first off, you got to have your profile picture on your SU. People are going to be using this as a reference and if you change your profile pic in the future, thats going to lead to some problems for other players.

Next your history seems way too far fetched. All of his starters are wild Pokemon that come out of nowhere to save him for absolutely no reason. It doesn't make sense. They're wild Pokemon. Unless they belonged to another trainer then they would probobly wreck the poor kids face.

I was thinking it would make sense if they belonged to his mother or something along those lines. Chris snuck out alot after all and she would probably be aware of that sort of thing by now. She would have used her Pokemon to look after Chris and basicly teach him a lesson about going out into the wild alone since that's extremely dangerous without your own Pokemon. That's my take on it.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Dropping Zen, making a new character. No spoilers just yet, but I'm probably going to have something up within the next few days.

If anyone's confused about my sudden plummet of activity recently, I recently was hired onto my first job, full time, overnight maintenance at Walmart. Considering it's not the closest Walmart to where we live, I have to take buses, and they start/stop running at certain times... The whole thing is pretty convoluted. In short, I get about an hour or less on the computer on an average workday, considering I have to sleep, then head to the bus, ride a few buses actually, and wait before my shift even starts for a few hours. On weekends, I have to wait there for a few hours afterward as well. I hope that clarifies. I'm also reformatting my posts (I've already made it, I just have to apply it to each character) and trying to update what I can in the little time I have. My weekend will start tomorrow after my final shift (tonight to tomorrow morning) so I'll have two days off. Other than playing Borderlands with my mate I'll be resting and trying to sort through this stuff.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
@Megaman765

I have edited my history to take out a few chunks of what you said in your last post, but I can't put a picture in because I'm new on these forums and I need to post 15 posts before being able to use URLs, or just inserting an image.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'll be forcing myself to write the sign-up later today. Here's a hint for the meantime :

Think Kiyoko, only...
-Cuter
-More Personality
-Can Only Speak with Other Pokémon

Yes, I'm taking another stab at it. I have something more creative in mind this time, and you can expect something later today.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Sign-Up Process

Chapter N, Part N
"The Development Process"

FQlUxqM.png
kDdGgwh.png
JEBxIGw.png
z7YFgY2.png

Name: Lifu
Nickname: Li
Note: Lifu is his actual name, though he is called Li in affection, much more often than his normal name. In almost all cases he is referred to as Li, the exclusion being when his older sister is angry with him (this is the only time she uses his full name). For the sake of fluidity, just refer to him as Li, as his sister is really the only one who knows his full name.
Sex: Male

Appearance: Li is, being a Leafeon himself, highly resemblant to his species. However, his is still very young despite evolution, perhaps a bit too small. And too cute. And too adorable. Did I mention he's cute? While he looks to be a perfectly normal albeit short Leafeon, he has gained his fair share of battle wounds, which have scarred over time and are now almost invisible in his cream-colored pelt. Li's amber-honey eyes are quite large in proportion to the rest of him, another sign of his youth. His build is lightly muscled, despite his otherwise scrawny look. He may look healthy, and he is, since he doesn't always require food, and what food he does need is easy to find. Leafeon are able to Photosynthesize, or feed off of the sun, like plants. As an alternative (when no sun is readily available) Leafeon are able to eat leaves to sustain themselves.

Personality: Words to avoid: Cute, Fluffy, Adorable, Small, Short, Tiny. All are true, but all are trigger words to enrage the little furball as well. Li is generally well-conserved, though in reality this "serious" attitude is something he does to protect himself and his sister. It isn't too hard to gain Li's trust, though he certainly doesn't make it seem that way at first. Li despises being treated like a child, or weak. He thinks of himself as a mighty warrior, proud and strong, and can't stand when people treat him otherwise. Despite his hatred of words that synonym cute or weak, he does enjoy the offered affection that generally comes with it, his guilty pleasure. He finds himself constantly seeking approval from others, and in most cases it is his sister who gives him this approval. Li shows a youthful innocence in many cases, though his childhood left this innocence as scarred as the skin beneath his pelt. He likes to think he's heroic, bold, and brave, and if he keeps up with his training, he certainly will be. Despite this, he's still young, and some things do scare him; it all depends on the scenario. He feels he has to be tough, courageous, and independent, in order to take care of his older sister. His sibling takes priority over everything, as she is the most valuable thing in his life. While often kind and willing to try to help others, hen around his sister he's often on the defensive, for her sake. She is so important to him that, in fact, he vowed to go hungry if he could not keep her fed, not using his photosynthesis to eat or searching for leaves unless he's brought his sister a meal first.

History: Their parents disappearing from their lives at a very young age, Li and his sister were left to fend for themselves in the wilderness. Li felt he needed to take initiative after a few days of grieving, and vowed from that day on to take care of his sister as best as he possibly could. The two made a den in the island's forest, near the swamp's edge and along the mountains. Figuring out how to live on their own, they live in this den from then to this very day. Li did the hunting for his sister, while she gathered other resources they might need, like nesting material or thorny vines to keep the big predators out of their home. On multiple occasions they had to defend their home in battle, whether it was Li, his sister, or the both of them. Despite his being older, he was insistent on fighting the battles on his own whenever possible. Even as the younger sibling Li felt the need to protect his sister in any and every way possible. He practiced his fighting abilities and skills daily, remembering some of what he learned from his mother before she passed. She had taught him his ultimate move, the Leaf Blade. However, he is still not too well-experienced, so using that move exhausts him quickly. Part of his training is to learn to use it flawlessly, while the rest is to better protect his sister. A few years of life in the forest on their own, they discovered a town full of Humans nearby the forest. They began to make the occasional trip there, finding that the foods and sights were very much exciting, and while they enjoyed and found something new each day, it only drove their curiosity further. They ventured deeper into the town each time they visited. Until one day, today, a blizzard separated them and now they're searching desperately to find one another. Li is currently rushing through Oak Town, trying to find his big sister.

Moveset:
Offensive:
Tackle
Razor Leaf
Leaf Blade

Defensive:
GrassWhistle
Synthesis

Last edited:
Years
Is anyone free in their plans to interact with my character? I am sitting on a bench in the front lobby near the main office. Anyone?

Years
My teacher character is still teaching and my student character, who is sitting in the snow just outside the main academy building is waiting on Elite and Chili for an interaction we worked out but I might be able t manage a quick little interaction.

Years
That's fine don't worry if you have stuff planned do that. I'll find someone I'm sure. If worse comes to worse then I'll go back to the dorms for a while.

Dawn

Years
@WolfOfEve: Huh. This is half-unexpected from you. It looks like everything checks out! Enjoy your new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back