• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemorph Journey - Hidden Secrets [PG-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Intro

Hello and welcome to my most recent idea for an RP! This basically a journey RP with a Poke-morph twist, so hopefully we should all find something fun :D. And no, I wont' be RPing. I'm just the Game Master.

Story

For the last twenty years, Kanto has been in a state of emergency. An increased trade in genetic enhancements among criminal organisations led to a surge in the number of what we commonly refer to as "mad scientists", experimenting to get their elusive formulas. Thankfully, due to the might of the Kanto Police force, secret labs have been raided, geneticists arrested and Poke-morphs liberated. With the madness drawing to a close, one problem remains. Unfortunately, the Poke-morphs that they created are still here, including you. The older ones were rehabilitated back into normal life, but the problem remained of what to do with those who were too young to understand. An executive decision was made – the youngsters were to be informed of the circumstances once they were old enough to understand, but only those with noticeable mutations. A few of the test subjects were only about 1% Pokémon DNA and as such, would not be recognised as Poke-morphs. Not even by themselves. This small group would be fostered like regular children and never told fully about the situation. Now, these youngsters are about to begin their own journeys to the Pokémon league, starting from the traditional Pallet Town lab. Along the way, they may discover things that they would rather not know, and things that should have stayed hidden. Will they ever reach the end of the road? Only time will tell…

Name: Let's be realistic people. No Trixibelle Van der Goughs and no John Smiths either.
    Pokémon crossed with: No legendaries. No shinies.
    Related abilities/features: I'm gonna be tough here. The point is that you don't have giant wings sticking out of you back, so lets keep these small. For example, if you were crossed with a water-type, you can't breathe underwater. You might, however, be an unnaturally good swimmer. Similarly, If you were crossed with Arcanine, you can't breathe fire, but you can run exceptionally fast. If you were crossed with Alakazam, you can't read minds but you might be good at understanding people and be very persuasive. Remember to include some negative or trivial effect as well. A Zubat hybrid might like their meat uncooked and extra bloody, while a Slowpoke hybrid might be a little sluggish. Being a Poke-morph isn't all good news.
    Appearance: No pictures. You have to write in the RP, so you have to write here. 1 Paragraph minimum.
    Personality: Try and stick to it :D 1 paragraph minimum.
    History: Give your character a back story that fits their personality. 2 paragraphs minimum.
    Roleplay Sample: At least 3 paragraphs. If this is your first RP, say so and I'll judge based on the rest of the sign up.
    Chosen Starter: See below. State its nature and gender as well.

Rules

· This is PG-13, so the basic rule is – if it wouldn't get past the filter, it's a no-no. Romance is fine if you wish, but lets keep it clean, folks.
    · No godmodding or bunnying(without permission)
    · Spelling and Grammar.
    · My word is final. If you disagree, tough. You're wrong.
    · I am free to change these rules if I deem it necessary.
    · The password is "No-one likes me" Put it in your SU post so I know you've read the rules
    · Spelling and Grammar.
    · If you leave the RP, don't just stop posting one day. Let me know.
    · On a related note, I want hopefully one post a week, but if you have stuff going on, that's fine. I'm not going to kick you unless you've been MIA for 2 weeks.
    · Spelling and Grammar.
    · On another related note, if you leave of your own free will, don't PM the next day saying "I changed my mind I'll rejoin". This is a commitment.
    · Read the rules and stickies if you haven't been here before. They're helpful (b")b
    · Spelling and Grammar.
    · No Reservations.
    · There are 5 spots. No extras.
    · Spelling and Grammar
    · If you want to get a "special" item such as an egg, a TM or an evolution stone, PM or VM me first.
    · After each post, wait for me to grade it before moving on.
    · We'll move on to each new "Chapter" when three of the five people are finished with the current area, but we won't move on until everyone is at least in the chapter before the current one.
    · Spelling and Grammar.
    · Shinies can be caught, but only with one hell of a post. One shiny each.
    · Similarly, you can catch SOME legendaries IF you PM me first so we can chat about it and figure out where it will slot in. Legendaries you CANNOT catch are:
    § Mew
    § Mewtwo
    § Ho-oh
    § Lugia
    § Celebi
    § Arceus
    § Dialga
    § Palkia
    § Azelf
    § Mesprit
    § Uxie
    § Giratina
    § Kyogre
    § Groudon
    § Rayquaza
    § Jirachi
    § Latias
    § Latios
    § Cresselia
    § Darkrai
    § Manaphy
    § Phione
    § Regigigas
    Starters

"Finally!" I hear you cry! Well, due to the state of emergency crippling Kanto' economy, they aren't as fancy as normal. In fact, Oak only hatched these Pokémon a few weeks ago…

Budew

Level: 5
    Type: Grass/Poison
    Nature: Random
    Moves: Absorb, Growth, Mud Slap

Magby

Type: Fire
    Moves: Leer, Smog, Thunder Punch

Azurill

Type: Normal
    Moves: Splash, Charm, Icy Wind

Note: I know these Pokémon evolve weirdly. For the sake of simplicity, they'll evolve at level 20, then level 35.

There are also 2 Wildcards available, which basically must be an un-evolved Pokémon that isn't legendary. Be warned, if you ask for something like an Eevee or a Dratini, then you'll need one hell of an SU. Once more, no shinies.

Oh and there's one more rule that I forgot to mention - HAVE FUN!

And Spelling and Grammar

Progress

Pallet Town - Completed
    Route 1 - 2 out of 5

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Hmmm... interfesting... I would post an SU but the character I'm thinking of has cat ears from a Persian (sp?). But it would be easily hideable and leads to his negative aspects.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    This looks awsome! And "No one likes me!"

Name: Bryan
    Pokemon Crossed With: Arbok​

Abilities/Features: Bryan's teeth, while aren't all that noticable, are a bit sharper than normal, giving him the look of an animal if anyone were to really take a look if he were to reveal them in a dark smile or as he eats. Bryan has always been able to sneak away quietly if the situation ever called for it, or able to sneak up on someone, almost as if he were a snake on the prowl for a nice mouse. Bryan has always been sensitive to the cold, and tends to stay near warmer areas, as the cold makes him sleepy.​

Appearance: Black messy hair that has purple tips on the end of his locks. Night blue eyes can gaze at someone quite coldly from under his black bangs. He is of natural height for a 18 year old, being 5' 7''. He wears a blue shirt that has a picture of a dragon on it looking ready to tear your heart out. Over that is a jean jacket. Blue jeans is what he commonly wears, and only when its cold does he change from jeans to dark blue pants and a heavy sweater with a long sleeved black shirt underneath.​

For facial expressions, as Bryan is usually cold towards someone, his emotions generally relay that coldness. If angered, Bryan will lift a lip that, if someone were to take notice, would show off his sharper than oridnary teeth like that of an angry animal. Usually, however, Bryan gives off a look of boredom towards others, almost as if they aren't good enough for him.​

Personality: Bryan is cold towards people and has no motive whatsoever to ever become friends. He will tolerate people, however, if they prove useful to him, he will keep them around a bit and use them. If not, he simply shrugs them away, uncaring if they think of him as rude. Bryan's view on pokemon is simply that they are battling beasts. He will do all his best to make them the strongest, though he will never abuse them. He is againsts all forms of abuse, but that doesn't mean he still doesn't see them as tools.​

While they will always remain tools in his eyes, he will train them to be their strongest, even if it means putting them on the end of their breaking point because he know that with these battling beasts, he can obtain glory and power in the eyes of the fans in the league. And because of this, Bryan will never capture a weak pokemon. He has no use for small things like Bidoof's or Caterpie's, even if they are the general favorite of beginning trainers.​

History: Bryan was rescued from his abusive father at age eight before being thrown into an orphange. The atmosphere wasn't unwelcoming, but it was certainly challenging. It was all for one and none for all. It was take what you can get and trust no one, and this is how Bryan got his cold personality. It simply isn't the matter of him not trusting the world because he was treated wrongly (which he was) but that isn't the reason. It is because no one ever gave him the chance or point of view what it means to care for others and sacrafice everything for yourself.​

Bryan never tried to be the best when he was put into school, but he made sure he wasn't a failure. He simply did enough of the general school work to get him by in grades, but he spent most of his time reading about various battle tactics that past League trainers used in battles, hoping to find something that would stick. Unfortunately for Bryan, he hasn't found a single tactic that stuck and figured that he would find his when he was finally given his own pokemon.​

Starter: Wildcard
    (Male) Attacks: Pecks, Astonish, Pursuit, Icy Wind​

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Name: Mikal Davies
    Pokémon crossed with: Weavile

Related abilities/features: Mikal's fingernails are very sharp when they are long and, upon finding this out, Mikal has cut them in a zig-zag like pattern. He has always been a fast runner and very sneaky, but usually more during cloudy weather and at night. Mikal's skin is very sensitive to the sun and he starts to feel faint if he stays out for too long.

Appearance: Mikal has mid-long black hair that hangs lifelessly over his head and has blonde tips, which gives him a sort of "scene" look. Crimson red eyes, a small button nose and thin lips adorn his face, which is shapely and muscular. His skin is quite pale, but belmish free, which makes him envied by many other adolescent boys his age. Small ears, thin groomed eyebrows and girly eyelashes complete is facial features and ultimately make him out to be a very handsome young man.

Mikal's usually attire consists of a tight black t-shirt with a white guitar vector printed on it, a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, complete with a light red cloth belt, and black converse hi-tops with clean white laces. His accessories incluse; a Garchomp tooth necklace that hangs from his neck and, for when it's cold, a red and black checkered hoodie.

Personality: Despite Mikal's "scary" appearance, he's actually very nice and has many friends. He likes baby Teddiursa, choclate, playing soccer and even going shopping with his girl friends. He's the guy that everyone wants to be friends with, which makes him a very happy person. The only people who Mikal doesn't get along with, are his parents. They think, because of the way he dresses and the fact that he's never home, he must be depressed. Although, they don't understand that he only dresses like that because he likes it and, the reason he is never home, is because he's out with his friends.

When it comes to the subject of girlfriends, Mikal is a little erky on the matter. He has had girlfriends in the past and they have described him as the best boyfriend, but his relationships always seem to end in tragedy. He buys chocolate and gifts for his girlfriends and, when they want to, he stays in with them. So, the reason why his relationships never work out is a mystery to him...

History: Mikal was born and raised in Blackthorn City by his parents, Craig and Kimberly. Growing up, he was the perfect child and always loved his parents, but when he got older an started to act differently, his parents began to get worried, even though there was nothing wrong with him. Mikal tried to explain this to them, but they wouldn't listen and responded with, "No, you're lying!"

Mikal needed to escape, so he'd spend countless nights out with his friends and would sleep at their houses, instead of going home. Although, soon enough this became impossible and he had to go home. He thought that his parents might have lightened up on the matter, but they hadn't. So, the first chance he got, Mikal packed up his things, setting off into the world... all by himself.

Roleplay Sample
    Spoiler:

Chosen Starter: Magby. Male. Quiet.

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    screw it. I don't wanna be left out. Feel special. I made a new character not based on myself. I included as roleplar samples, 2 of my best posts so far with my other character, Angel Gemps, who is obsessed with music. This explains the songs. Granted, this character won't sing songs or dream about them anywhere near as much, it shows I can make a quality post. Oh and "No one likes me"

Name: Jason "Loveless" Foust

Pokémon crossed with: Persian

Related abilities/features: Jason has black cat ears instead of regular human ears. However, they blend in with his wild black hair, looking like oddly placed spikes. He has an increased sense of smell and is quick on his feet. However, he does have his quirks. He likes warm areas over cold, his nose and ears are overly sensitive, so loud sounds or strong smells will knock him out for a while. Sometimes, while sleeping, he curls in a ball like a cat. He also has an affinity for shiny objects (don't we all) and ball-like objects.

Appearance: Jason has wild black hair that hides his cat ears. Unfortuneately, due to his cat ears, his hair is forced that way because he can't brush his hair. He stands at 5'8" with a skinny build. Despite his skinnyness, he is quite strong for his size. His usual attire consists of dark baggy blue jeans that can zip off halfway down to become shorts, a white tank top with a blue circle in the middle and a surfer in the middle of the circle, and a denim jacket over that. On his feet, he wears black sandals completeing his surfer look. To carry his stuff, he has a large blue duffle bag with water pokemon on it. His duffle bag seems really heavy, making a loud noise whenever dropped, but he seems to have no problem with it.

Personality: Jason likes to keep to himself, and doesn't like to let many people close having been betrayed at an early age. He loves to surf and even has a collapsable surfboard in his bag. He is surprisingly stoic for a surfer but yearns for true love. When his layer of stoicness has been breached, it's revealed that he is very overemotional, bordering on suicidal emo. He doesn't like to see anyone upset but won't hesitate to seek alone time when he wants to sulk. On occaision, he'll be seen listening to soothing, yet depressing pop music.

History: Jason was born into an... odd family in Fushia City. His mother died giving birth to him leaving him to be raised by his alcoholic, schizophrenic father and his older brother. Jason's father often beat him as a child. Jason's brother, when around, would protect him and often take the beatings for him. As a result, Jason grew up idolizing his brother. Jason treats pokemon as if they were his own children, often being kind and comparing experiences.

At age 10, Jason's older brother was 13. Jason's brother took him out to the park. While at the park, he was kidnapped by a professor and experimented on, being made into what he is now. While there, he had found out his brother sold him to the scientist for a low price. A month later, the lab was raided and Jason returned to his father's custody, but his brother was nowhere around this time. His brother had taken off and gone on a pokemon journey while he was away. Needing an outlet for his pain, Jason turned, oddly, to surfing as the beach wasn't too far away and it got him away from his abusive father. When his school teachers found the bruises and other injuries, his father was reported and arrested for child abuse. Jason was then sent to live with his aunt and uncle in Pallet Town until he was 18. He maintained surfing as it was now something he did out of boredom. He prefers his self-given nickname, "Loveless" rather than Jason.

Roleplay Sample (2):
    As Angel slept peacefully, snoring ever so slightly, anyone looking at him could tell where his name came from. While sleeping, he looked as peaceful and harmless as an angel. It was quite a contradiction to just how sadistic he could be. Meanwhile, in his dream world, things were setting in motion.

Mewtwo made contact with Angel through his dreams. While surveying his brainwaves, he noticed an obsession with music and knew immediately how to get his message through the the kid. And soon Angel's dream was altered from afar.

You and I in a little toy shop
    buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
    Set them free at the break of dawn
    'Til one by one, they were gone

Angel walked intoa toy store in his dream world. There were so many colorfull things that caught his eye but he knew he came for one thing. He walked up to the cashier and bought a small bag labeled "99 Red Balloons- from Goldfinger Toys". He walked home through the city after buying some helium. When he got home, he filled up the balloons, tied them and let them go. One by One, the balloons floated off into oblivion.

Back at base, bugs in the software
    Flash the message, "Something's out there"
    Floating in the summer sky
    99 red balloons go by.

Meanwhile, at a military base with a giant logo "Team Dimension", the radar was going crazy. "99 things approaching slowly" the machine's bleeped and whirred like crazy, sending everyone there into a frenzy.

99 red balloons floating in the summer sky
    Panic bells, it's red alert
    There's something here from somewhere else
    The war machine it springs to life
    Opens up one eager eye
    Focusing it on the sky
    As 99 red balloons go by.

Team Dimension didn't want to wait to be attack and began forming their squads and troops to attack, pokeballs at the ready. their troops began marching out of the base on a mission- To destroy what was showing up on the radar.

99 Decision Street, 99 ministers meet
    Dont worry, You worry, super-scurry
    Call out the troops now in a hurry

Meanwhile, far away, another group convened. Psychic pokemon everywhere were gathering and meeting to discuss what to do against Team Dimension. Finally they agreed to send out selected pokemon trainers to combat Team Dimension. the message went out and troops were formed. The troops were soon assembled and being given a "pep talk "of sorts by Mew and Mewtwo.

This is what we've waited for
    This is it boys, this is war
    The president is on the line
    As 99 red balloons go by.

99 war Ministers
    Matches and gasoline cans
    Thought they were smart people
    Already smelled fat prey
    Called: war and wanted power
    man who would have thought
    That it could have come so far
    because of 99 red balloons

The two army's met and a full on war broke out between them. Pokemon battles everywhere as 99 red balloons went by... both sides fighting for different causes.

99 dreams I have had
    In every one a red balloon
    It's all over and I'm standin' pretty
    In the dust that was a city
    If I could find a souvenir
    Just to prove the world was here...
    And here it is, a red balloon
    I think of you and let it go.

The war ended and only Angel was left among the rubble. Looking for a sign of anything, he spotted something in the sky. A single red balloon.

Angel shot up awake, sweat glistening from the top of his forehead. He knew what he ahd to do in the morning. But meanwhile, his surroundings sunk in. He was at the Snowpoint pokemon center and another teen was looking over him.

"Who're you and how did I get here?"

Second Roleplay sample: Angel was rocking back and forth wishing for music as his Marill patted his back. He suddenly heard singing. His ears perked up. It was a feminine voice, definitely a teenage girl. She seemed distressed about something by the sound of her voice. But it was as close to music as he was gonna get at the moment. Angel stood up and brushed the sand off his jeans and began walking towards the voice.

On his way there, he noticed just how much he missed while immersed in his world of music. The birds were chirping, the summery breeze was rather refreshing and reminded him of when he used to go camping with his dad. At the though of his dad, he shook his head to rid himself of the thought and continued on towards the distressed voice.

He soon came upon a sight to behold. A beautifull girl in a kimono. She looked western with her blonde hair and green eyes, but her Kimono made him wonder. It was a bright white with intricate vine designs and flowers blooming... and what seemed like... gold glitter at certain spots of the vines. She apparently had her pokemon with her too. A Ninetails... half-expected of someone in a graceful kimono. A Piplup... Again, half expected of a cute girl to have a cute pokemon. then she had a Gible. It wasn't cute, but it wasn't ugly, but it let him know she had a personality he should beware of. Still, she was cute and Angel, being a teenage boy, wanted to make an impression.

Aomething hit Angel as he was about to approach her. Where was his Marill? He looked around frantically and ran back to find it had fallen in the sand trying to keep up. He smiled as he picked up his beachball shaped friend and turned around towards her singing.

Angel finally caught up to where she was and sat down a few feet in front of her cross-legged and put his Marill down. Marill waddled off to play with Piplup. She still seemed lost in her... withdrawal? worry? Angel couldn't tell. He put on a warm, comforting smile, and put his hand comfortingly on her shoulder, fully expecting to be hit.

He quickly retracted his hand and sang to calm her down.

"Let's go back
    Back to the beginning
    Back to when the earth, the sun, the stars all aligned

'Cause perfect didn't feel so perfect
    Trying to fit a square into a circle
    Was no life
    I defy

Let the rain fall down
    And wake my dreams
    Let it wash away
    My sanity
    'Cause I wanna feel the thunder
    I wanna scream
    Let the rain fall down
    I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean

I'm shedding
    Shedding every color
    Trying to find a pigment of truth
    Beneath my skin

'Cause different
    Doesn't feel so different
    And going out is better
    Then always staying in
    Feel the wind

Let the rain fall down
    And wake my dreams
    Let it wash away
    My sanity
    I wanna scream
    Let the rain fall down

I'm coming clean
    Let the rain fall
    Let the rain fall
    I'm coming...

Let the rain fall down
    And wake my dreams
    Let it wash away
    My sanity
    I wanna scream
    Let the rain fall down

Let the rain fall down
    And wake my dreams
    Let it wash away
    My sanity
    I wanna scream
    Let the rain fall down

Let's go back
    Back to the beginning"

Angel smiled as he waited for a reaction.

Chosen Starter: Wild card, Eevee, female, protective

Last edited:

Years
    Wolfwhispers, Z34guy and .Swift - Pending Z34guy and .Swift, I need the password. Re-read the rules. Wolfwhispers, I'd like a roleplay sample unless this is your first one. However, all of the actual Signups were good so we're just waiting on two more people (b")b

Neiko Star - Sorry, but no reservations

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Name: Baron Maddock

Pokémon crossed with: Rhyhorn

Related abilities/features: Around his friends hes known as the bus because when they play football its almost impossible to knock him over, once he gets into a full charge it's difficult for any person to stop him on their own. He cant even remember his last serious injury and he's never broke a bone in his entire life. His cross however does effect him in negative ways, he gets cold easily and a lot of the time his skin feels numb to both pain and pleasure, he couldn't even feel most of his first kiss which resulted in him being overly rough and frightening the girl away..

Appearance: Baron is a big guy, he stands at almost 7 feet and weighs 234 pounds. He has a vaguely muscular body but when clothed looks more muscular than he does when hes unclothed, this is mainly thanks to his broad shoulders. He has reddish eyes (No ones sure why *Wink wink nudge nudge*) that usually is covered by his long wild brown hair that that goes down to his back and spikes out on top of his head. He has a kind face that looks as though it would be soft but is actually hard to the touch.

For pants he wears a pair of slightly dirty blue jeans that are held up by a thick leather belt. As for a shirt he wears a white tank top that looks like a normal white T-shirt because it is under a black unzipped sweatshirt with a hood. Unbeknown to most people he recently snuck out and got himself a tattoo on his right arm of a ying yang symbol.

Personality: Although appearing as frightening due to his stature he is actually a very playful person always ready for a challenge. Baron would rarely take a fight seriously unless it was over something important or to protect somebody. He's a gentle giant as most people would put it and even apologizes when he tackles people during football. He's not liked by most people because his size frightens them but Baron continues to try his best when making friends and meeting new people.

Baron has a few vices though... One being his intelligence.. He's not a complete moron but he's still not the sharpest tool in the shed. Needless to say he always tries his best and is always proud of himself because of this fact. Baron has become the main target of many bullies and has been called every name in the book, because of this he has grown callous to name calling and sympathizes with the person being bullied over the bully.

History: Baron has lived in Pallet Town his whole life and he loves it more than any other place on the planet. Ever since he was little his foster parents would always tell him how lucky they all were to live in such a beautiful place and Baron agreed. Barons foster parents always tried to keep him away from Pokemon for some odd reason but all that did was fan the flame of his curiosity. Late at night Baron would sneak out of his house and go to the professors lab to play with the baby Pokemon and learn all he can.

Oak always had a special interest in Baron for some reason and had no problem with tutoring him about Pokemon. Baron loved that the Pokemon never judged him or treated him differently like everyone else did, they were pure unbiased and he couldn't wait for one of his own so he could go out on adventures just like all the other kids. He begged and begged and finally Oak caved, he promised that after he got the next set of Pokemon that Baron could get first pick.

Roleplay Sample: From Wolfwhispers Lenore Region
    Spoiler:

AND A SECOND

Spoiler:

^I just wanted to show you my progress, the first one was more recent and the second was actually from when I just began RPing

Chosen Starter:
    Unless there Taken

- Wildcard
    Bagon
    Male
    Naughty

OR (If thats taken)

Magby
    Male
    Quirky

OR (If both are taken)

Budew
    Female
    Jolly

THE PASSWORD IS......"No-one likes me"

BTW sorry about the terrible SU it's probably the worst I have ever made in my life I Promise my RPing will be better than this SU.

geckoriot

THE MIGH'Y POOCH
    Years
    Name: Caitlin 'Skatey' Cooper
    Pokémon crossed with: Poochyena

Related abilities/features
    : Skatey (long-time nickname) has very dark, almost black hair that has a sheen more gray than brown. Her eyes glint red and yellow in the darkness and she has short but sharp, black nails that have been dismissed by the authorities as a 'harmless but untreatable fungal condition'. She is subconsciously attracted to canine Pokémon to strengthen her 'pack' and works best in teams. She always finishes her meals – 'waste not want not'.

Appearance: Her hair is dead straight, smooth and shiny thanks to her voracious appetite for conditioning treatments. Her fringe is swept to the side and pinned lazily in place by a bobby pin or novelty hair clip (for example, Pokéball-shaped). It is about shoulder length and styled with choppy layering.
    Her eyes are hazel, a perfect balance between brown and green, and are quite big and cartoon-like, watery and expressive with thick eyelashes. She has a small, pointed nose that flicks up like a ski ramp and small but thick, pouted lips. She generally dons a dash of make up, light mascara, powder to make her pale face a shade darker, and pink lip gloss.

She is short but petite and well-proportioned, with fine-boned limbs but broad hips. To hide this, her wardrobe consists of a variety of tank tops tucked into an equally broad variety of high waisted skirts. She is a fan of prints and patterns; skulls are a recurring motif as well as guitars and tartan but her clothes rarely clash. On colder days, she commonly dons a fitted black overcoat with leopard-print buttons and ankle boots.

Personality: True to her questionable heritage, Skatey is 'tiny but mighty', a feisty girl with a sharp tongue, a high pain threshold, and the inner strength to overcome emotional hardship. Her sense of humour is highly existent though it is whimsical and dry, rarely outspokenly 'funny'. Her mind appears to be constantly occupied with something. The music she favours (soft rock) and the art she creates (comics) is an outlet she values. Despite a tough veneer she is sensitive to the happiness and wellbeing of close friends. She is loyal and respectful but not excessively quick to establish mutual trust. However, she is generally kind and approachable and often subject to typical teenage girl character traits including envy, *****iness and selfishness and yet finds it easier to talk to boys.

History: Skatey was adopted as an infant by a middle aged couple who were aware of her unfortunate past but loved and raised her with the same emotional and financial commitment invested in their two older, biological children. They resided peacefully in Lilycove, Hoenn. Due to her family oriented nature she was ripped apart by her parents' split at age 12 but remained close with both mum and dad though fiercely opposed to and rejecting of their new partners. Eventually due to financial strain, she and her mother relocated to Goldenrod, Johto where a great parental emphasis was put on her education.

Skatey has attended an auspicious Pokémon academy for three years and taught extensively about the psychology and physiology behind all aspects of raising Pokémon that interest her. She was brought up to love and respect Pokémon and was given a pet Growlithe as a graduation gift with whom she intends to begin her journey with. She intends to travel for a year or so before studying further ideally to become a qualified Pokémon medical specialist at the Goldenrod Pokémon Hospital. She has no pipe dreams about becoming a master of battling or co-ordinating.

Role play sample: So it occurred to me I haven't role played in months and months and my writing ability has probably improved somewhat; so here's an original, a 'prelude' to what will hopefully officially become Skatey's role in this RP.

'Are you even going to be able to wash your clothes?' her mum screeched neurotically in the background as Caitlin – Skatey – packed her expertly folded clothes and gear into a Luvdisc-shaped backpack. The highly decorated Luxury Ball of her Growlithe, Ace, was studded with blue and pink diamontes and hung from her neck. It was almost defunct however as Ace preferred – as his doting mistresses did, also – to remain outside the confines of the ball, free to ensure the safety of his charges.

The small, cramped terrace house was a cluttered mess as Skatey had spent the past two weeks 'organizing' the trip, tearing vital items from their places on cupboard shelves before abandoning them in favour of something more 'space efficient'. She had wanted to pack lightly – being weighed down by too much bulk could make her look overburdened, unattractive.

'Not always, ma,' she finally responded as she fastidiously selected her favourites from a broad collection of combs. 'But you know, if things get really dismal, I could always wash them in rivers or lakes.'

'By God girl, you won't last one day out there.' her mother responded cautiously as she eyed her up and down. Skatey stifled a frustrated sigh before swinging the zipped up bag over her shoulder. In a silken black top, a leopard-print miniskirt that fanned out over her hips and clung to her trim waistline, and a pair of polished ankle boots, Skatey hardly looked like a rustic adventurer but she protested to having nothing more appropriate in her wardrobe. She spun around to face her mum and held her arms out, her morale almost defeated by her words.

'Give me a hug... I love you... I'll miss you.' Skatey said as her homely-looking mother – overweight, morning gown-clad and smoking a cigarette – allowed a tear to trickle down her face.

'Goodbye baby girl. Look after yourself... call if you need anything.' she said softly, a weak smile creeping across her wrinkled face. An urgent bark erupted from behind them and mother dearest turned to face the youngest member of the family, Ace. 'Oh I wouldn't forget to say goodbye to you, tiger' she grinned and Ace boisterously launched himself into her arms, showering her with a series of relentless tongue lashings. 'Ugh! Skate! Get him off, get him off!' she gasped and Skatey laughed, removing the small, excited puppy from her mother's arms, nestling him into her own. She planted a final peck on her mum's cheek.

'Ha! Dog breath!' she laughed brightly as she closed the door behind her.

Boarding the bullet train to Kanto for the first time, Skatey felt strangely apprehensive. The lack of boundaries troubled her. At home she was ruled by an alpha. Here, she was in charge of the safety of herself and Ace. Gazing out the window she saw only the thick metallic bars of fluorescent lighting that illuminated the eerie concrete tunnel.

'Am I really big enough for this?' she uttered softly. Ace's round ears jolted up as a robotic voice bellowed overhead.

'NEXT STOP – PALLET, KANTO'. Skatey bundled her coat, bag and Growlithe into her arms as she prepared to leave the carriage, acting as a transitional point between normalcy – the comfort of a higher power - and utter independence. Again, a heavy sigh passed her lips as her toes met Kanto earth for the first time.

'I guess I'll just have to be.'

Pokémon (wildcard, please?):

Nickname: Ace
    Type: Fire
    Nature: Bold
    Moves: Bite, Roar, Ember

Ace was bought from a Growlithe breeder renowned within Johto. He was never 'wild' and similarly, has never had to battle or fend for himself in any way. He is quite small and obviously very young, as his fur hasn't yet deepened from gold to orange.

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
    I'm certainly getting in on this!

Name: Adam Conrad Amaranthine

Pokémon crossed with: Metagross

Related abilities/features: Adam is very intelligent and logical, And can deceive almost anyone. He has very hard, very pale skin, and his eyes turn a subtle silver when he is thinking, which makes people think he is strange. However, he has a terrible record of headaches when people send images and music via mobile phone.

Appearance: Adam has brown, spiky hair with streaks of silver through it. He has freckles covering his face, and his eyes are a Hazel colour, which change to silver when he is thinking. His skin is very pale, though less pale on his face. He wears a white shirt and a Silver jacket over hit, and he wears a shiny, Golden belt. He usually wears black leather trousers, and glossy brown shoes. He wears golden gloves, and is quite tall. He isn't fat, leaning slightly to a slimmer physique, but shows surprising strength when necessary. He usually has a smile, but if he dislikes something, his glare can make your blood run cold and he can look very serious at times. in colder weather, he wears a spotless white scarf with a picture of an eye sewn in with yellow thread. He wears a Lily in his shirt pocket in memory of a loved one who died. He walks with an astounding grace, and his every movement looks as if it is an elegant dance step.

Personality: Adam is a very happy, but very refined person. He is usually quite polite, but if he loses his temper it is a sight to behold, as he often uses his wide range of vocabulary to a surprisingly fearful yet somehow comical effect. He cares deeply about his pokemon, and he always makes sure they come first. He has a strange charm about him, and he is certainly very deceptive at times, using his intelligence to get nearly anything he wants. It is a dark gift that he rarely uses, but wields happily. He usually is a cheerful person, but has a look of sadness from when his mother died. He doesn't take much for granted, and ensures he never abandons anyone who may need
    his help.

History: Adam lived with his parents who were very rich, his father being a Criminal mastermind/Business Empire builder, who always wanted Adam to join his criminal ebterprise, and his mother was a Naturalist and trainer. He lived in a mansion with his only contact to pokemon being a Metagross, his guardian and teacher, and a eldum, his playmate and friend. He had a few friends, and they came round often, but when Adam's mother became ill with a strain of Tubercolis and died, He cu off contact. he spent all of his time with his pokemon friends, learning to be graceful and respectable and a brilliant trainer.

One morning, though, after Adam declared he would follow his departed mothers footsteps and become a Naturalist, his father flew into a rage and sent him to a lab to be merged with his faithful protector, Metagross. They fought back, but under his father's look of intense hate, Adam felt a sadness welling up inside him. Maetagross fainted after being attacked by many pokemon, and Adam collapsed from a kick to the stomach from his father. the Beldum fled out of a window, crying loudly. halfway through the merging proccess, his father felt remorse and called the police. They shut it down, but Adam had absorbed much of the Metagross DNA, while the Metgross seemed relatively unharmed. It broke free of it's bonds and fled the institute, looking back.

Adam ran out of the institute, while his father called after him, apologising and cursing himself. He ran into a woods, where he found a Beldum surrounded by Growlithe. Adam ran towards them and scared the Growlithe away, rescuing the Beldum. the part of his brain that was turned to a Metagross' told him to care for it with ultrasonic waves. He only had a Mobile phone, so he used the waves and the Beldum began healing. He waited anxiously, and then finally realised this was his Beldum from his childhood. Murphy, his Beldum, recognized him finally, and hovered around him. Suddenly, his Father howled in anguish, and threw himself from a roof. Francis Leopold Amaranthine was dead, and Adam was an orphan. He was hit by a car on his way back to the mansion, so he has amnesia, and cannot remember th past events of the DNA proccess.

If I can't have a Beldum, replace the story with a similar one, only with Adam meeting an Azurill while running.

Roleplay Sample: My first RPG...

Chosen Starter: Beldum, Genderless, Modest, very protective/Azurill, Timid, very shy.

Years
    um...Amaranthine, I'm sorry but all the spots are taken D: I'll let you know if any become available, but for now, we're full.

And Z34guy, sorry, I should have explained that better. So far, its:

Wolfwhispers: Murkrow (wildcard)
    .Swift (pending): Magby
    Z34guy: Eevee (wildcard)
    Sumner: Budew
    Geckoroit(pending): Azurill

I'll post the OOC thread soon. We can get started as soon as Pending people fix their SUs as well :D

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
    I'm fine with haveing Azurill, as it seems the Wildcards are taken. I'll write up the story.

(Story 2, for Azurill)
    Adam ran from the institute, leaving his father howling and cursing himself. He came to a small pond, where an Azurill was floundering helplessly. Adam took off his Jacket and shoes and dove in to rescue it. He pulled it with him back to the edge of the lake, and an Arcanine burst into the clearing. An Azumarill followed, blasting a jet of freezing, sparkly water at it. The Arcanine, startled, turned and pounced on the Azumarill. Adam ran over and grabbed onto the Arcanines ruff, and looked deep in it's eyes, with a look of such sorrow and such melancholy, that it would turn the stomahs of those even without a heart. The Arcanine howled like his Father had, and dropped the Azumarill and led into the forest. The Azumarrill's body lay limp, and unmoving, and a sense of dread came over Adam. he walked over, and with one final, wheezey breath, the Azumarill died. The baby Azurill cried and whimpered, and Adam walked over to it. He shushed it, and lulled it into a deep sleep, and carried it away to look for some berries for it to eat.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Yayz! I get Eevee *is happy*... *does happy dance*... i'm really energetic today and I don't know why... oh yea... going for my tux fitting with my BF for prom.

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
    oh damn! couldn't you make just one more spot? Please? I'll understand if you can't, but... This is such a low blow... oh well, I suppose.

sorry, I was typing while you posted it. sincerest apologies. Good luck with your RPing, then...

Last edited:

Years
    Yeah, sorry, but if I start bending rules then we get into the slipper slope situation.

To make this fair, I'll set a 48 hour limit for people who are pending, so that we don't have people taking up spots that they aren't using.

Amaranthine, like I said, I'll let you know if any spots become available.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back