• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Also for people worrying about moves being overwritten or whatever, I think it levels up when you trade it back to your game. I dont think it actually levels up whilst in the pokewalker, it only just collects the experience, ready to evolve upon transfer.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I'm guessing the poke walker isn't going to work on a bike like in the game....oh well I need the exercise, I'm way too lazy to raise them sometimes. Can't wait for the game to come out:D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'm so getting that. Easiest and fastest way to level up pokemon. I'm expecting 1 exp point for every step though. xD
    Gasin exp while walk to and from a place, sure you could play the DS at that time, but wouldn't you concentrate on where you are walking?
    Quick way to get a lvl 100 false swiper.
    If you get 1 exp for each, thats really good. you could be taking a walk around the block and get like 1,000 exp. Does this also hatch eggs? you could convert the steps in the game to the same amount of steps in real life to that walking would earn you also hatch your egg. :) this will e awesome!

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    If you get 1 exp for each, thats really good. you could be taking a walk around the block and get like 1,000 exp. Does this also hatch eggs? you could convert the steps in the game to the same amount of steps in real life to that walking would earn you also hatch your egg. :) this will e awesome!
    I don't think Eggs would be allowed to go in, since part of the Pokewalker is paths and such as well, and I think there was stuff about catching wild Pokemon... which an Egg can't really do, can it?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I think that pokewalker is just a nice add on and something else to do while not playing your game. I'm just glad I'll be off my crutches by then ^_^

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    This works out good for those who want to level up a 7th Pokemon that they might need later on but not use for a while. I like the idea of the Pokewalker. It's like having a real Pocket Monster. ^_^
    lol

Well, what if they actually give you the choice to give it the moves it wants to learn when it levels up? You know, with the buttons.

Then it would be very useful.

Last edited:

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
    Years
    Step 1.) Strap meter to Drying Machine.

Step 2.) Turn on Drying Machine.

Step 3.) Wait for a while.

Hmm. I was wondering how sensitive it will be to that sort of thing. :P Perhaps not the dryer, specifically...

But I had a pedometer at one point, and if you shook it up and down (as in, directly up and down, in a straight line) it counted as walking, and the number went up. So it's possible we might just be able to shake our PokéWalkers and get things done much more quickly than if we actually went (gasp) outside and had a walk. :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    The answer is simple:

Step 1.) Strap meter to Drying Machine.

Step 2.) Turn on Drying Machine.

Step 3.) Wait for a while.

Step 4.) Take out the meter.

Step 5.) ???

Step 6.) There is no step 6.
    Wow, It's no fun to cheat. Especially for something that's just supposed to be a fun addition to a Pokemon game.

Alan Redgown

Years
    @^: I think he was joking. :P

Personally, I can't wait to get a Pokéwalker. Nintendo has been doing a lot lately to encourage gamers to get some exercise. And yet, there are so many other ways they could do this. The Pokéwalker is only a small step, but it's a step in the right direction.

Anyway, I rigged up a makeshift Pokéwalker by riding my bicycle in the game with two Pokémon in the daycare while doing the Free Step mode of Wii Fit. It would also work with Free Run, I suppose.

Years
    lol

Well, what if they actually give you the choice to give it the moves it wants to learn when it levels up? You know, with the buttons.

Then it would be very useful.

That would be very useful. However, if they have a Move Relearner like they did in Pastoria, then we do that instead. We can bring some heart scales to relearn moves that it couldn't learn on the Pokewalker.

Actually, it doesn't get the experience until it is sent back to the game. It will level up then. That's when it will learn those moves.

sk8r4life1

ワタシワマネネデ? ??。
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    I'm looking forward to this :P

The fact that you can actually catch pokemon on it and get items in this little thing FOR HG+SS is pretty amazing!

It really reminds me of those DIGIMON things i always used to play with growing up.. i'd just shake them until an event happened XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    If you want to see lazy, this is probably what I'll do with it:

1. Put in a hard to raise pokemon into the walker.
    2. Buy a collar for very active kitten of mine
    3. Wait until he's asleep or loving to attach the walker and collar onto kitten.
    4. Watch as he runs all over the apartment in his hyper spree, hearing "clickclickclickclickclick" all the while he's running.
    5. Wait until he's in the same mood to detach the walker from the collar and deal with minigames and such.
    6. Repeat as needed.

He's always running anyways, so I'm not hurting anyone. :P
    But yeah, this reminds me so much of having my Pocket Pikachu in Elementary School.
    But now, I'll be in college (hopefully) with my poke walker. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back