• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    If I had an English-compatable PokeWalker, I'd use it before I had the game, so I'd have an awesome Pokemon to use. But alas, I do not. Tears.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Uh...most people don't even HAVE their games yet. It takes a while for them to receive their game, so give them time.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • My order still says 'order received', but I'll be patient, because it's night time, and Sunday, over there at Play-Asia. X3

I'll def. tell you about it, too. I'll have TWO Pokewalkers! WOOO!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Should get mine within 5 days from Monday. I probally won't use the Pokewalker considering its Japanese however If its quite easy and people show how to on youtube then I might.

☆DiaIsDia☆

.:Cradle Shock:.
    Years
  • YAY! I can Lvl while I'm at school! XD I'm a VERY lazy person. Wait... A walker counts steps for every time you put your foot on the ground right?

Hombrejoe

Breeder
    Years
  • i have spent days looking but have found no answer to wether or not each cartridge of the game will be limited to a single pokewalker. if not, i'm getting six. :)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • YAY! I can Lvl while I'm at school! XD I'm a VERY lazy person. Wait... A walker counts steps for every time you put your foot on the ground right?
    It's something like 1 level per 10k steps, so you'll need to walk a lot, lol.

i have spent days looking but have found no answer to wether or not each cartridge of the game will be limited to a single pokewalker. if not, i'm getting six. :)
    When you link a game with a Pokewalker, the two will become permanently linked unless you choose to reset your Walker.

And unfortunately, 1 Walker per cart.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Where on the games do I go to get the menu option to use the PokeWalker?

Edit: Please! I need this answered very badly!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I may use the Walker when I get the game. As somebody said, it'll look strange going around in public with it, so i'll probably clip it inside-out or something. I won't use it much for actually levelling, i guess (If it really does take about 10k steps per level, it's not that i'm lazy, I just don't have the time to walk so much, or shake my hand up and down, for that matter. Imagine using that as an excuse for not having homework done- "Sorry, sir, I was training my Sentret..."). I'll just use it to catch Pokemon in it once in a while. (you can do that, right?)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Where on the games do I go to get the menu option to use the PokeWalker?

Edit: Please! I need this answered very badly!
    At the start up screen, choose the 3rd option from the top (ポケウォーカーとせつぞく.)

I may use the Walker when I get the game. As somebody said, it'll look strange going around in public with it, so i'll probably clip it inside-out or something. I won't use it much for actually levelling, i guess (If it really does take about 10k steps per level, it's not that i'm lazy, I just don't have the time to walk so much, or shake my hand up and down, for that matter. Imagine using that as an excuse for not having homework done- "Sorry, sir, I was training my Sentret..."). I'll just use it to catch Pokemon in it once in a while. (you can do that, right?)
    Now I'm not too sure about the steps thing, since my Meowth leveled with only 5000 steps, and fighting 2 wild Pokemon inside the Walker.
    And yes, you can use the Walker to catch Pokemon too, and get items as well :)

Years
  • Very random question.

What would I do if this happened to me?
    The PokeWalker Discussion thread.
    Pink Brooch: PokeWalker

I know it's stupid, but just wondering?

Years
  • Very random question.

What would I do if this happened to me?
    The PokeWalker Discussion thread.
    Pink Brooch: PokeWalker

I know it's stupid, but just wondering?

Can't see the picture. :<

I LOVE my PokeWalker. Actually it's mail function I really don't see it as a leveling device.
    It's a chance to catch some cool pokemon like Magby, Elekid, and Smoochum! I haven't tried to get a Magby get but I've gotten most of the rare pokemon by playing that grass game quickly.

Interesting to note the higher level your pokemon are the better you can play the game.
    I went to the area with Smoochum as a rare with my level 10 Elekid and I could only get two !!, always Gastly. With my starter at level 25 Smoochum is all I saw. The little bugger was hard to catch for being level 12 compared to the Gastly at level 15.

Getting this far on it as early in the game as I am, these are some pretty good pokemon I can use on my team!
    Get an Elekid before Faulkner and it might make life easier! xD
    It can get you some variety of types, anyways.

Years
  • XD

It's just that the Pokewalker and it's case reminded me of Sailor moon.

And I wondered what would happen if someone sank their teeth into the pokewalker? XD

If they had some strong teeth I don't think the Walker would win that battle...
    I've already dinged it today and it sounded like something would break when it was dropped.
    I don't think this was meant to be dropped/bitten.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back