• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    True.

&I didn't mean that you were doing it at the same time, literally. I meant that if you use the walker during school and then go home and play the game. Haha

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Oh! Haha I get what you meant now. That's true, but like I said before, I don't think it'll be that gamebreaking since if you had nothing to do for a day you could just sit there and move the control pad up and down on your DS to get more exp. Plus if it does end up being like the Daycare where it picks moves for you, that might discourage people from using it for a long period of time in case they lose some moves they may have wanted.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Well yeah but in that situation you can just go to the guy in Pastoria and give him a heart scale to teach it the moves. Plus, heart scales are easy to find in the underground.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Well yeah but in that situation you can just go to the guy in Pastoria and give him a heart scale to teach it the moves. Plus, heart scales are easy to find in the underground.

If the PokéWalker does happen to teach your Pokémon moves that you may or may not want, such as the Day Care, then I wouldn't think one would need to trade their Pokémon from their Johto game to DPPt, and then back. More than likely the remakes will come with their own move relearner without the hassle of trading back and forth. So, even if the PokéWalker does this, then I'm sure there will be another guy in the HGSS games that can reteach you moves. Not to mention, Pastoria is in Sinnoh and not everone has DPPt; so, having this will only lessen the use of the PokéWalker like said before.

Although, I'm sure something will work out in an easier way when it comes to learning new moves through the PokéWalker. Just as how there are mini games and courses through the small device while walking, then I'm sure there will be times with warning when your Pokémon may be trying to learn a new move. Now, I'm not saying it will, but there is a possibility of the PokéWalker functioning as said.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Also using Heart Scales doesn't always work. If you have a tutor move, TM move, Egg move, preevo move, or any move apart from standard level up moves, it won't show up for the tutor guy. So in some cases you have to be careful not to let the move get overwritten because you won't have another chance to get that move.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
    Also using Heart Scales doesn't always work. If you have a tutor move, TM move, Egg move, preevo move, or any move apart from standard level up moves, it won't show up for the tutor guy. So in some cases you have to be careful not to let the move get overwritten because you won't have another chance to get that move.
    the mistake I made with an Adamant Pichus volt tackle.

Anyway, this step thing is pretty cool. I wonder if it's possible to get several so you can train multiple pokemon at once..

Also, I'm gonna hang mine from the fan overnight so it counts as steps and I get extra Lvls up :D

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    the mistake I made with an Adamant Pichus volt tackle.

Anyway, this step thing is pretty cool. I wonder if it's possible to get several so you can train multiple pokemon at once..

Also, I'm gonna hang mine from the fan overnight so it counts as steps and I get extra Lvls up :D

Hahaha that is a really good idea! I never though of that.... I wonder if it would actually work....?

TeirusuFX

-ω-
    Years
    I don't really like the idea of the PokeWalker.

I bet people will use this to replace the Daycare. It's really easy to cheat on padometers, I do it all the time.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I like the idea of being able to get some exercise while thinking, "Doing this will help my Pokemon. *sparkle*" :'3 It's a nifty little thing that will prove to be useful to me, but it is easily abused, I suppose.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    For putting it on the fan, it'd be easier to just shake it up and down over and over again, and you wouldn't risk having it fly off and shatter =P

And those of you saying it'll be abused... anyone remember the Mudslide trick from RS? Or the Agate Cliff trick from Colosseum? Those made it very easy to level Pokemon, you didn't even have to shake it or walk, you could just leave your system alone for a few hours, and bam: tons of levels. Those didn't completely ruin the game, so why should the Pokewalker?

coolkidmitch

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Seriosuly, its not bad, especially if you walk alot. Think about college students, or people that live in the city that walk every where.

It would totally encourage me to go to the gym, cause I could lvl my pokes AND work out at the same time. Its not a bad idea. It was very smart on their part to do that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I would be the biggest nerd on campus if I had this while walking around college, but I would love it. Reminds me of my elementary/middle school days when I'd bring my Pocket Pikachus with me everywhere ^^;

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
    I'm just thinking about how much I walk when I go to Manhattan... I could wander around Central Park and level my Pokemon at the same time? This is the best idea ever.

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    I'm completely stoked about this aspect of the game, but of course I was one of those people who had their pocket pikachu for 5 years, and really enjoyed having it with me. <3

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Dunno why people complain about people cheating. Why should it matter to you what others do? People already use Action replay and stuff to cheat, so this is tiny in comparison. You should just worry about your game, it's not like people are gonna force you to cheat, so it wouldn't affect you much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back