• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
  • The other Post Your Problems Thread was old and cluttered; so here's a new one! This time, I'm going to try and make it more hands on.

I'm thinking of making weekly rotating polls. If you have any ideas for what type of poll you would like, feel free to send me a PM with a question and possible responses and I'll fit it in to one week or another! After a week, I will post the results in the next post. Hopefully this will help solve some problems too!

• Follow standard OC rules.
    • Please don't use this thread to vent.
    • No one liners.
    • Do not post stupid problems or problems that can't be solved. Ex: "I'm turning 16! Help!!" "I didn't study for a test tomorrow!" "I've been diagnosed with _____"
    • Do not post stupid answers.
    • Respect other members and their problems.

These rules may be modified as seems fit. Hopefully your problems will be solved. (b'-')b

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hm.. sounds complicated. I personally hate when two friends want you to take "Sides." I would probably explain to each of them that you don't want to take sides because you are friends with either of them, and the mature thing to do in the situation is to resolve it between each other, because if it doesn't involve you, then you shouldn't have to step in. You can, though, tell either of them that you are there for support or advice if you need them, but that you do not want to step in because you don't want to make the situation worse, and that you think that you being involved would be immature and that you feel that the extra stress is personally too much for you to handle. And then thank them for understanding. Speak to each of them separately, though. But tell them that you hope that they can resolve it soon because you miss their friendship/ hanging out all together.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So, I'm concerned about my neighbours. The woman that lives there has 2 children who I can always hear either crying or screaming. Usually I'd just pin it on mild bad parenting or bratty children, but this is happening every day, all the time, plus she's already pretty shady, she's been arrested more than once for drug offences.
    I'm thinking she's probably abusing these children too much, I often wake up in the early hours of the morning to hear one or both of the children on the other side of the wall sobbing. I don't even think they ever sleep, if I'm awake then I'll be able to hear them & they often wake me up when I'm sleeping, so I'm not sure when they actually sleep at all. .~.
    There's always a lot of different men going to the house aswell, I'd just say she's promiscuous, but I can't shake the thought that it's possible she's including the children aswell, she often turns up the television or music to a ridiculous volume level, attempting to block out sounds? Even if she isn't, it seems wrong to expose children to that sort of behaviour.
    On the rare occasion that I'll see the kids outside of the house, they act very strangely and they're not as intelligent as what I would expect for their age, they're both about 8-10 and they can hardly speak properly. Should I just continue to ignore it and not meddle in other people's affairs, or contact the police or something? Like I said, the police have already been to the house, but nothing changed so I'm doubtin' they'll do anything anyway.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Call the police, the children seem like they are being abused, just say you think they are, and if they aren't then oh well.

Years
  • These children are definitely being abused, unfortunately. Why were the police there? Maybe this time they should come to take the children away, to a better home, and arrest the women. This is not a safe environment for them to live in. For the sake of these children, please call the police.

Or, as poopnoodle said, you could call Child Protection Services. That may be a better idea, actually. No matter what, these children need to be taken away.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Theres this girl that I am close to. She is pretty close to me too. I don't know if she likes me or not. But, I think I do. I want to be with her but I'm scared what she would say. I don't want to be rejected or I don't want to lose her as a friend, are there any signs that can tell me she likes me?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    So, I'm concerned about my neighbours. The woman that lives there has 2 children who I can always hear either crying or screaming. Usually I'd just pin it on mild bad parenting or bratty children, but this is happening every day, all the time, plus she's already pretty shady, she's been arrested more than once for drug offences.
    I'm thinking she's probably abusing these children too much, I often wake up in the early hours of the morning to hear one or both of the children on the other side of the wall sobbing. I don't even think they ever sleep, if I'm awake then I'll be able to hear them & they often wake me up when I'm sleeping, so I'm not sure when they actually sleep at all. .~.
    There's always a lot of different men going to the house aswell, I'd just say she's promiscuous, but I can't shake the thought that it's possible she's including the children aswell, she often turns up the television or music to a ridiculous volume level, attempting to block out sounds? Even if she isn't, it seems wrong to expose children to that sort of behaviour.
    On the rare occasion that I'll see the kids outside of the house, they act very strangely and they're not as intelligent as what I would expect for their age, they're both about 8-10 and they can hardly speak properly. Should I just continue to ignore it and not meddle in other people's affairs, or contact the police or something? Like I said, the police have already been to the house, but nothing changed so I'm doubtin' they'll do anything anyway.
    Have you searched for any child abuse hotlines? The police are never the right people to call, and in our country Child Protective Services will only so something if there is physical evidence of abuse (bruises and other visible injuries) and if the household isn't suitable to raise a child in (like, so unkempt it's dangerous to the child's help). That's about the best thing you can do, maybe tell whichever parent your living with atm so they're on the lookout for signs of abuse.

Years
  • Theres this girl that I am close to. She is pretty close to me too. I don't know if she likes me or not. But, I think I do. I want to be with her but I'm scared what she would say. I don't want to be rejected or I don't want to lose her as a friend, are there any signs that can tell me she likes me?

For christ sakes just ask her out. What is there to lose. A word, "no"? That is all it is, a word. Why are you so scared. If you really want to keep that friendship, and not break it, then look somewhere else. Though, you cant always be holding onto friendships, when inside you want more. Then you will never be together with somebody!

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • This is my bro's situation - he doesn't have an account, doesn't want one, but these are his words

I was a lonely boy. I am in 6th grade. Last year, girls hated me. This year I have been taken under a group of girls wings. I sit with them at lunch. I have 2 problems. Please help me:

1. My boy friends, they think I am a traitor except for 1. I sit with them at lunch every once in a while and they want me out. They once took me in, and the girls called me a traitor. I don't know who are my real friends... who should I go with?

2. One of the girls in the group I really like. She is one of my best friends and I don't know if she likes me. I try to hang out, we text, we facebook, we talk, but... I don't know what to do. My two friends in the boy group have been rejected like 20 times, she is a real tought. What should I do???

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    This is my bro's situation - he doesn't have an account, doesn't want one, but these are his words

I was a lonely boy. I am in 6th grade. Last year, girls hated me. This year I have been taken under a group of girls wings. I sit with them at lunch. I have 2 problems. Please help me:

1. My boy friends, they think I am a traitor except for 1. I sit with them at lunch every once in a while and they want me out. They once took me in, and the girls called me a traitor. I don't know who are my real friends... who should I go with?

2. One of the girls in the group I really like. She is one of my best friends and I don't know if she likes me. I try to hang out, we text, we facebook, we talk, but... I don't know what to do. My two friends in the boy group have been rejected like 20 times, she is a real tought. What should I do???

Probably tell him to hang out with those he really does trust, and find to be the best of friends (even if that means that none of the groups fit the bill). A real friend would be understanding that it is okay to hang out with others, if you want them to understand that, tell them. True friends are hard to come by, because they are understanding, and even work through hardships.

True friendships don't apply to popularity or recognition, it just is.

Plus being in 6th grade means that hormones (especially for girls are beginning to rage), so just be aware of that. ;)

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • To be quite honest, if his friends don't want him hanging out with girls, it's probably because they

A: Got rejected.

B: Still in that 'girls are icky' stage.

C: *******s who are very possessive.

I doubt that helped, but...you should consider if they're really your friends.

...I think Feign also summed it up pretty nicely.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    My teacher who I have a crush on is leaving the school!

I have terrible news! I found out that my cute English teacher, who I have a crush on, is going back home to live in Ireland soon. What should I do?

I was thinking that maybe I should rush down to the airport on the day that he's leaving, and there I'll confront him and confess my love to him. Obviously, he'll tell me that he loves me as well, and then he'll decide not to go away because he doesn't want us to be apart.

After that, we'll probably go on the run together - maybe to South America where it's warm - and we'll adopt new identities. I will be called Tinker Bell, and he will be called David Tennant. We'll travel around in a small rickety caravan, but our love will make it seem like paradise. We'll carve out a respectable living by performing folk songs wherever we stop, and I will sell paintings after learning how to paint. And then when I turn eighteen, we'll have a nice wedding in a small Brazilian chapel and we'll probably live happily ever after.

Do you think that this is a good idea?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • That.. is kinda what happened at my highschool.

I had a teacher in grade 11, named Mr. Chu-Morrison. He was originally Mr. Morrison.. but apparently he divorced his wife, left his kid and stuff.. to marry a former student of his.. named Mrs. Chu. And.. yeah.. she works there, too. Same school. Same English department. :/ Also taught English (and Religion)..
    and every summer they go to Africa to help build houses or wells and stuff for certain villages and stuff there..

It's like.. super crazy..

:/ Yeah. I'm not kidding. He was my Grade 11 Writer's Craft teacher. Just ask Lightning. She went to my school, too. (I think she even had him as a teacher, too..)

Years
  • Ok, im having a weird problem, I believe in this thing called tails doll, he is an evil creature that only comes if youve seen him before, or do his curse, i have not done any of the two, but anyways, if you encounter him, he will either kill you, steal your soal, make you his slave, or wait till a diffrent time, depending on what you have with you (like a sonic doll >:D), so... One night i looked out my window, i saw a red light (i forgot he has a red light/gem hanging on a string from his head) it was across the street (30 feet away) and i have good vision, but i apperently couldnt really see him, so i got my night vision binoculars and look thru them, and there he was, all.... scary looking with red all over him (its... well... blood *child friendly site*) holding a sharpy (once agian child friiendly...knife) and staring at me with his cold red eyes, and dissapeared, and i never saw him again (and no it wasnt my imagination) afterwords, about a few days later, ive been getting a weird craze for creepy stuff... (like making scary pictures of shadow, or something) so i need to figure out whats going on... Sorry if this is a dumb problem, its just really weird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back