• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years

Instead of saying "At 18, at 18", you should say "When we're financially stable". I doubt you'll be financially stable at 18 but if you are, and think you're making enough to support yourselves, the child, pay the bills, and have a bit of money on the side for new clothes, accessories, and other necessities, then go for it.

Yes, the average cost of raising a child is £20,000-£40,000 in its first five years of its life (source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...baby-can-cost-at-least-pound20000-694731.html). If you're planning to a have a family then remember to take finances into account.

i get depressed at random moments of my life for no apparent reason
    does anyone know why?

Well you'll have to expand on that a little. It could be any number of things. Please go into a little more detail.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    thats basically it though i randomly get depressed for absolutely no apparent reason
    i just wanted to know if there is a reason why this happens and if so how could i prevent it

Years
    Yeah, next year me and my boyfriend finish college, he is getting a job next month that earns him £400 a month, plus he already works so that'll add up to £650 a month, and after college he'll be taking that job full time, earning himself £500 a week, which is £20,000 a year (Rounded down, it'll be more like £25,000-£30,000). And he'll be getting a flat in July that is £20 a month, with his mate living there too it'll be £10 a month, and when I move in next year even less.

Plus I'm getting a job soon :)
    We have planned out our life already, this just happened early. Plus my dad has so much money that if I was ever in financial trouble he could help me out.
    But yeah, everything will be fine after college.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Yeah, next year me and my boyfriend finish college, he is getting a job next month that earns him £400 a month, plus he already works so that'll add up to £650 a month, and after college he'll be taking that job full time, earning himself £500 a week, which is £20,000 a year (Rounded down, it'll be more like £25,000-£30,000). And he'll be getting a flat in July that is £20 a month, with his mate living there too it'll be £10 a month, and when I move in next year even less.

Plus I'm getting a job soon :)
    We have planned out our life already, this just happened early. Plus my dad has so much money that if I was ever in financial trouble he could help me out.
    But yeah, everything will be fine after college.

Omg o_o Euros are so weird.

Here, we earn minimum 1350$/month. A 1 1/2 is generally 400$ with everything included. Most people earn 20,000$/year minimum; with a degree, you get at least 30,000$/year.

What you're saying is you earn 541$/month and a flat costs 27$/month XD and that your 20,000 Euros a year is... 27,000$/year.

That's such a weird currency :| 27$/month... that's like... if we were to pay 60$/month for ours, if you calculate that our minimum is about double 541$, so the flat would be double logically.

>_> Yet, we're pretty much 350$ minimum for a 1 1/2, 700$ maximum. It's insane o_o

DjinnWarrior

Cyndamander
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2012
    Sorry

sorry to change the subject but does anyone know how i can delete my profile?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years

Omg o_o Euros are so weird.

Here, we earn minimum 1350$/month. A 1 1/2 is generally 400$ with everything included. Most people earn 20,000$/year minimum; with a degree, you get at least 30,000$/year.

What you're saying is you earn 541$/month and a flat costs 27$/month XD and that your 20,000 Euros a year is... 27,000$/year.

That's such a weird currency :| 27$/month... that's like... if we were to pay 60$/month for ours, if you calculate that our minimum is about double 541$, so the flat would be double logically.

>_> Yet, we're pretty much 350$ minimum for a 1 1/2, 700$ maximum. It's insane o_o

This is kinda off topic, but

£ (pounds) =/= € (euros)

sorry to change the subject but does anyone know how i can delete my profile?

There's no way to delete your profile permanently. If you don't want to be a part of the Pokécommunity, it's as easy as just not coming here anymore.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I need sympathy :( I guess I can post this here:

This is really upsetting, I bought a screen protector for my Nokia N79 to preserve it. I kept it seperate from my money which is kept in my wallet anyway. But somehow thse managed to happen:

Spoiler:

All the ones highlighted are actually on the Phone, the protector didn't protect it. The guy at the Nokia Store said I had to pay for these, why? I tried to keep it safe by buying the screen protector and avoid situations like this. I won;t name where I bought it form, yet, I don't want to ruin their name just in case I get compensation from them. I'm really upset. I only got the phone less than a month ago. Not fair this. Anyone experience oddities like this?

On the other hand, the Black Silicone case I got for it is just great! Really nice quality and protects fantastically.

You guys just skipped that :(

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    You guys just skipped that :(

I believe that it is because, there is really nothing anyone can do.

But.. if it makes you feel better: I've never experienced anything like that... but it really sucks. Maybe you should file a complaint.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    I know for a fact my friend is and has been cheating on his girlfriend for a while now. This has been going on for several months now, the person he's cheating on her with is aware of the situation. I know his girlfriend personally, we're friends but not TOO close. I feel like I should tell her about the situation (with the girl he cheats on her with, it's not just for sexual things, it's emotional and "loving" too) but according to my friend, if she knew she may try to hurt herself, or even consider suicide, and from what I've gathered about her I believe this to be the case too.

My friend doesn't seem to be on the road to stop cheating now, and even if, it's been going on for a while and what's done is done. I feel like his girlfriend should know what's going on because she doesn't deserve it, but what if I told her and she hurt herself, or even killed herself? Essentially it'd be my fault and I'm sure my friend would be devastated too, and maybe even hurt himself too. Besides, they seem to be getting "serious" now (talking about marriage) even though my friend is still cheating, which is why I feel now is an important time to take action.

What do you think I should do about the situation, PC? Any advice appreciated.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I know for a fact my friend is and has been cheating on his girlfriend for a while now. This has been going on for several months now, the person he's cheating on her with is aware of the situation. I know his girlfriend personally, we're friends but not TOO close. I feel like I should tell her about the situation (with the girl he cheats on her with, it's not just for sexual things, it's emotional and "loving" too) but according to my friend, if she knew she may try to hurt herself, or even consider suicide, and from what I've gathered about her I believe this to be the case too.

My friend doesn't seem to be on the road to stop cheating now, and even if, it's been going on for a while and what's done is done. I feel like his girlfriend should know what's going on because she doesn't deserve it, but what if I told her and she hurt herself, or even killed herself? Essentially it'd be my fault and I'm sure my friend would be devastated too, and maybe even hurt himself too. Besides, they seem to be getting "serious" now (talking about marriage) even though my friend is still cheating, which is why I feel now is an important time to take action.

What do you think I should do about the situation, PC? Any advice appreciated.

First of all, you should talk to the cheater about cheating, and have them break it to them. They should be gentle, kind, but clear. They don't necessarily have to mention the fact that they cheated on them. Yeah, telling the truth might be more... you know, honest? But if it will lead to her hurting herself, then it might be for the best to let her off on an easier situation to deal with. Then, you as a friend should go in and attempt to comfort the girl you know. Don't smother her, but just make sure she knows that you are there if she needs it.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Thank you for the help ^-^ My only issue with that though, is that what do you mean by "they don't have to necessarily mention the fact that they cheated"- what would they mention then? I really want to get this done and over with and that seems the best plan... the only problem is, the way my friend has it, is he wants to pursue a future with the girl- both girls actually, and keep things how they are. The chances of him admitting it to her are ridiculously low, near impossible. Maybe there's a certain way I should approach it?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Thank you for the help ^-^ My only issue with that though, is that what do you mean by "they don't have to necessarily mention the fact that they cheated"- what would they mention then? I really want to get this done and over with and that seems the best plan... the only problem is, the way my friend has it, is he wants to pursue a future with the girl- both girls actually, and keep things how they are. The chances of him admitting it to her are ridiculously low, near impossible. Maybe there's a certain way I should approach it?

To put it simply, they lie. They can say something that will not be as hard on them. I don't exactly know. Also, since your friend doesn't want to let either go, you should still have a talk with him. Tell him that it is really wrong to keep two relationships going, and he needs to end one, or you will. This is one of those situations where you might fall down a few times, and it might hurt, but you just have to get back up and keep going at it.

The Cynic

Years
    I didn't do it...I don't think I can do.

Well you'll need to make a decision sooner or later, preferably sooner. Set aside some time just for you and your boyfriend to sit down and discuss the matter. Only act when you have made a definate decision, but schedule enough time that you can come to that decision as soon as possible.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Do you think I might be pregnant? I sat on a sticky chair at school today and now I am worried. I thought it was just spilled drink at first and I told the teacher and she let me go sit next to my friend, but my friend told me that it was probably guy goo and now I am pregnant. I said that isn't possible, but he told me that the same thing happened last year to a girl in Sweden. Is he right?

Crockpot

Since 1994
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    Do you think I might be pregnant? I sat on a sticky chair at school today and now I am worried. I thought it was just spilled drink at first and I told the teacher and she let me go sit next to my friend, but my friend told me that it was probably guy goo and now I am pregnant. I said that isn't possible, but he told me that the same thing happened last year to a girl in Sweden. Is he right?

I'm pretty sure you aren't pregnant.
    In order to get pregnant you have to get have a sperm meet your egg. This can only be done if the sperm is squirted inside your vagina.
    yea yea sex ed..
    and especially if you were wearing pants, you're not pregnant.
    Plus, it's probably not jizz... your friend was just messing with you.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    No. You're not pregnant. You're just acting like an idiot. Honestly, what.. what would sperm be doing on a school chair? What kind of 14 year old kid would be masturbating on a chair in front of a class? Think before you post things. I suggest you take a nice long walk out in the fresh air and clear your head because your trolling is just plain annoying. I also find it annoying that you post things like this in a thread that actually need people's real problems. Stop getting on people's nerves.

Last edited:

The Cynic

Years

Once again, trollin' away...

No. You're not pregnant. You're just acting like an idiot. Honestly, what.. what would sperm be doing on a school chair? What kind of 14 year old kid would be masturbating on a chair in front of a class? Think before you post things. I suggest you take a nice long walk out in the fresh air and clear your head because your trolling is just plain annoying. I also find it annoying that you post things like this in a thread that actually need people's real problems. Stop getting on people's nerves.

Actually you would be surprised. When I was about 14, a boy in the year below me was caught "white-handed" in Geography. He received swift expulsion.

There's a pun in there somewhere.

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    HELP ME!!!

Okay there's these girl I like and we're good friends. Yesterday she asked me to go see her perform in some school event but after saying that she told me that I didn't really have to go and quickly changed the conversation. So I'm asking you guys to tell me if I should go or not. the event is this Saturday so please help me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back