• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    That is really something you have to deal with on a personal level.

The only advice I can give you, take other people's insults or negative remarks, and turn it into a 'pointer'.
    Enemies, tell you your flaws.

Take the flaws they may or may not be pointing out, and thank them verily for helping you better yourself.

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    im most likely getting induced next week and im worried i mite die during the child birth.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    im most likely getting induced next week and im worried i mite die during the child birth.

I dunno if you came posting here for some sympathy or reassurance.. but none of us here have that answer NOR know what your body is going through. Us saying "Don't worry" isn't gonna actually stop you from worrying and you know that.

If that was a fear of yours from the beginning, perhaps you should've waited a while before getting pregnant or engaging in unprotected sex, something that you probably now are more heedful about it for next time.
    If the baby was due to an unexpected and unfortunate source (ie rape etc) I just want to say that I think you are brave for going through with the pregnancy with these fears in place.

Other than that, I don't know what to say other than the fact that if you are worried about these things, consult family and your doctor. Your doctor would know how your body is likely to handle it and could give you resources.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Yeah, you just have to ease into it. Because you can always tell when a guy likes a girl, they suck at hiding their feelings lol. If you guys start talking more and spending more time together then you'll find out if he does like you, and your nerdness really won't matter whatsoever. If he doesn't, then I can agree with Kura in the sense that he's not worth your time and you shouldn't like him either. But if he does ending up not liking you, please don't assume immediately that it's because you're a nerd. Seriously, be proud of who you are. High school generalizations and stereotypes are a part of everyone's life. It's what you make of it that matters.
    hmmm.... Yes, well, I mean, I meant "Nerd" as being made fun of at school. Of course, don't feel sorry for me because I can quite take care of myself. But he is one of the people doing it. I kinda fell in love with my tormentor-....

But, truthfully, I don't think he means to be mean to anybody. He kinda tags along with them because he doesn't want to be a "Nerd" (Although he kinda is- he's really smart)

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I dunno if you came posting here for some sympathy or reassurance.. but none of us here have that answer NOR know what your body is going through. Us saying "Don't worry" isn't gonna actually stop you from worrying and you know that.

If that was a fear of yours from the beginning, perhaps you should've waited a while before getting pregnant or engaging in unprotected sex, something that you probably now are more heedful about it for next time.
    If the baby was due to an unexpected and unfortunate source (ie rape etc) I just want to say that I think you are brave for going through with the pregnancy with these fears in place.

Other than that, I don't know what to say other than the fact that if you are worried about these things, consult family and your doctor. Your doctor would know how your body is likely to handle it and could give you resources.

im more or less worried was looking for some reassurence

Years

You are so lucky somebody here hasn't turned this thread into a flame war over that post ^

im more or less worried was looking for some reassurence

Well im assuming since you're being induced, that you'll have a highly trained medical team around you. That's what the doctors are there for. ^__^

Last edited:

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    You are so lucky somebody here hasn't turned this thread into a flame war over that post ^

Well im assuming since you're being induced, that you'll have a highly trained medical team around you. That's what the doctors are there for. ^__^

thats true but its still nerve wrecking. im really nervous you have no idea.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    thats true but its still nerve wrecking. im really nervous you have no idea.

Many children are born daily, around the world. I'm sure that the probability of things going wrong for you are very slim. Your child birth will be smooth as any other. As Live Wire said, you'll have a team of highly trained doctors who are especially trained for childbirth. And those doctors are some of the most well trained because the art of delivering is such an important one. I would try not to worry about it and look forward to what you'll have after it's all over. You'll be a mother with a beautiful baby with a beautiful future ahead of it.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Okay, so Hiiro thinks I'm sock-puppeting because two of my friends (FireAura and Electric Fire) signed up on my IP address, and because I have an alt account on it too even though I said so in the user title. That's not against the rules, is it? Besides, Electric Fire will almost never sign in on my computer anyway because she has her own at her house.

I thought they said that mods would be able to tell the difference?

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
    So I have a infection on my left armpit. It actually appeared as a bump 3 weeks ago, and the other day it popped. So I've been having to clean the wound, and it's annoying. And another bump seems to be appearing on the other armpit. >.> Yeah, i'm probably not in the best of health right now. :\ And I have no insurance, so I can only make a appointment for the free clinic that is only open Tuesdays and Thursdays. At least the one on my left armpit doesn't hurt like it did. That pain was horrible, I could barely even put on my clothes because it was so painful.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I joined this place last week after I got banned in Bulbagarden. After a few days of being here, I got used to it, but it just didn't feel the same as the site I mentioned (no offense or anything). But, just today, I learned that some Bulbagardeners (the mods in particular) joined here as well. I'm not sure on what to say to them here because I'm under the impression that they hate me because of my ban. So, what can I do?

Years
    Well i have a slight problem that i need help with.

I since i left school about 7 weeks ago i have felt like i'm loosing my mental stability, Like that i can feel my metal health deteriorating in front of me.
    I first began to feel this way when my supposedly best friend started to blank me and would call me up to meet him in a park near his house and then not show up. Now at first he would make up excuses like he was in a car crash or his phone wasn't working (which it wasn't) but when he would want something from me, like for me to help him with his ICT coursework (which i practically did for him) he would be calling me every 5 minutes on someone else's phone to make sure i'm there or on my way. Well since then he has done it again and left me to walk from his house to mine (about ten miles away, took me 3 hours to do) and i have completely cut things off with him and it turns out he has done this to everyone and now nobody speaks to him anymore.

After all this i began to really feel the effects of being isolated from all my friends, i live ten miles away from any of them, and began to get really depressed over the fact that i was loosing contact with them as they have now all got the new iPhone 4 and all talk through that or are on there Playstation's and talk through that and start making plans and because i cant afford one of those, i get given about £20 a month and no more than that, i am always being left out of things and am now loosing contact with them.

Apart from said above i have managed to stay in touch with one person but for some reason i can feel as though i'm avoiding him for some reason. For this i do not know but i think it could have something to do with jealousy as he has everything i have always dreamed of, Good looks, playstation 3, iPhone 4, only one sibling, both his partents are still together, speaks more than one language, ect. But he has always had these and i have no idea why i'm only feeling this way now, could it have something to do with whats happened before?

I really need help with this because if i loose contact with these last few friends i don't know what i could end up doing.
    Well i do know, but have only been able to think of it briefly as even the thought of it has shocked and scared me so much it has struck me silent for the remainder of the day.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    So I have a infection on my left armpit. It actually appeared as a bump 3 weeks ago, and the other day it popped. So I've been having to clean the wound, and it's annoying. And another bump seems to be appearing on the other armpit. >.> Yeah, i'm probably not in the best of health right now. :\ And I have no insurance, so I can only make a appointment for the free clinic that is only open Tuesdays and Thursdays. At least the one on my left armpit doesn't hurt like it did. That pain was horrible, I could barely even put on my clothes because it was so painful.
    o.O I had the same prob a few weeks ago. Let it run it's course. Later it should itch like mad, but try applying cocoa butter or something similar to it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Well i have a slight problem that i need help with.

I since i left school about 7 weeks ago i have felt like i'm loosing my mental stability, Like that i can feel my metal health deteriorating in front of me.
    I first began to feel this way when my supposedly best friend started to blank me and would call me up to meet him in a park near his house and then not show up. Now at first he would make up excuses like he was in a car crash or his phone wasn't working (which it wasn't) but when he would want something from me, like for me to help him with his ICT coursework (which i practically did for him) he would be calling me every 5 minutes on someone else's phone to make sure i'm there or on my way. Well since then he has done it again and left me to walk from his house to mine (about ten miles away, took me 3 hours to do) and i have completely cut things off with him and it turns out he has done this to everyone and now nobody speaks to him anymore.

After all this i began to really feel the effects of being isolated from all my friends, i live ten miles away from any of them, and began to get really depressed over the fact that i was loosing contact with them as they have now all got the new iPhone 4 and all talk through that or are on there Playstation's and talk through that and start making plans and because i cant afford one of those, i get given about £20 a month and no more than that, i am always being left out of things and am now loosing contact with them.

Apart from said above i have managed to stay in touch with one person but for some reason i can feel as though i'm avoiding him for some reason. For this i do not know but i think it could have something to do with jealousy as he has everything i have always dreamed of, Good looks, playstation 3, iPhone 4, only one sibling, both his partents are still together, speaks more than one language, ect. But he has always had these and i have no idea why i'm only feeling this way now, could it have something to do with whats happened before?

I really need help with this because if i loose contact with these last few friends i don't know what i could end up doing.
    Well i do know, but have only been able to think of it briefly as even the thought of it has shocked and scared me so much it has struck me silent for the remainder of the day.

I share your pain because a similar thing happened to me in Highschool. To be honest, I think it's really childish of your friends not to include you into those things. They know you don't have a PS3 so why don't they invite you over once in a while?

To be honest.. if they don't care to bother inviting you.. why don't you try inviting THEM out somewhere? Even if it's just to chill around your house or something.
    If they don't want to then I would seriously reconsider having them as friends if all they're going to do is second-guess yourself and make you feel left out.

As for your one other friend.. I'd try not to blame all these resentful feelings on the stuff everyone has.. because that could probably be what's causing the jealousy from this one friend. Either way.. I think if he's a good buddy.. try to overcome those feelings and hang out with him more. Just because he might have all that stuff doesn't mean much- take yourself for example.. you don't have all that, but I'm pretty sure you're an amazing friend (who else would walk 3 hours just to help a buddy out?!)
    So take pride in that. Broaden your horizons and try keeping these old friends AND making new friends. You can't have too many friends! That way you wont feel like you need to have "stuff" to keep a friendship.

Also.. totally offtopic but wtf.. they're 16 and they have iPhones? What the heck o_o I'm almost 21 and can't even afford one. Dude, seriously.. don't become materialistic- iPhones are plastic metal and glass. What you are no one can replicate :3

Live_Wire: I didn't want it to be a flame war, I was just saying a doctor would probably clear her worries more than we could, and I'm glad she has had this experience because it made her grow a lot and learn for the next time.

Years
    who else would walk 3 hours just to help a buddy out?!
    Well thanks Kura. I have no idea why but you have made me feel a lot better.
    And just to clear things up i, He called me out to hang out after all the stuff i had done for him and then left me to walk 3 hours home afterwords. That's was the major reason why i don't talk to him any more and have blocked him from, Facebook, MSN, calls and txts ect. And when others found out it became why most other people don't speak to him and have blocked him. To be honest i say he got off lightly, if he had bumped into me like he did to one of my friends (the one i have the jealousy issue with) i would have kicked in a place that should only be treated nicely, if you get my drift.
    But anyway, on topic.
    I doubt it will be easy to get over all of these things, mostly the jealousy one, but i will try your advice and try to go out with him more (if he can pull himself away from his playstation and his new phone) and see what happened from there on.
    And back off topic again:
    yes they can all have iphones. they buy it for 179 then pay £35 a month for 18 months and get a load of free stuff like texts and phone calls and internet. its really cheap for such an advance piece of technology. its just don't have one because my parents say they cant afford it yet they can afford to buy a projector >X| WFT?

Last edited:

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Okay, I have a dilemma, and I want your take on it.

My parents, teachers, counselors, etc want me to take more advanced classes. But, since my school doesn't have those, These are my choices:

1. Stay as I am.
    Downside: My will to do well in school will slip and I won't like/care about it anymore.
    Upside: I don't have to leave my friends behind.

2. Skip a grade
    Downside: Bye-Bye friends. :(
    Upside: I might learn something every now and then.

3. Join some private school
    Downside: I won't know- anyone! :O
    Upside: Classes would be much quicker, no waiting while the teacher explains again...

4. Enroll in an online school
    Downside: I would have no social life!
    Upside: I could just read my lessons like I do with tutorials on- everything. YESSSS!

5. Join some special "Technology" program
    Downside: I wouldn't be able to do sports anymore :(
    Upside: I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!

Help?!

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
    IMHO?
    Either skip a grade or enroll in a private school -- whichever will help maximize your potential. I'm pretty sure that, with careful planning, you will still have time to spend with your friends.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    I suggest you stay where you are. You say your will to do well will slip? I doubt that - especially if you are bright enough for others to suggest that you skip an entire grade.

Hang on to your friends. The good ones will prove themselves invaluable eventually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back