• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    My friend Marcus died on Wednesday.
    i'm very sorry to hear that, losing loved ones is one of the most difficult hardships to endure, such a cruel but natural aspect of life. i think it's easier to pull through if you have someone to walk with you through the grieving process. having been through this before, feel free to share your feelings with me in private- that is if you feel comfortable. condolences to his family, and best wishes to you

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    i'm very sorry to hear that, losing loved ones is one of the most difficult hardships to endure, such a cruel but natural aspect of life. i think it's easier to pull through if you have someone to walk with you through the grieving process. having been through this before, feel free to share your feelings with me in private- that is if you feel comfortable. condolences to his family, and best wishes to you

I'm trying my best to cope with it, but his friend DJ is having emotional breakdowns and trying to console him is making coping very difficult.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    This isn't exactly my problem, but here goes:

There is this kid at my school, at lunch, he doesn't eat with anyone(if he eats at all.) He is always so angry. I can tell that because he always kicks things and yells. I kind of feel bad for him, ya know? I want to help him.. but I don't really know how. I tried to talk to him, but he just told me to "F-word Off" so I did.

I want to help him, but I can't really think of any way too. The only options I see are: trying to talk to him again, or tell an official and have them get him help. I just.. really want to help him, you know?

Years
    There is a chance you could cause more harm than good by telling someone to try and help in your place.
    Some things are better left alone, especially if you have no idea what's really going on.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I'll have to agree with Fever on this one. If he's so angry and he displays no will to let anyone help him, leave him alone. In time he'll see that there is some error in his ways and maybe then he'll be approachable, but don't bother as long as he is hostile.

Despite agreeing with the above, I will say that if you can safely approach him and befriend him, then it might let his guard down enough so that you can help him with his anger issue...but don't tackle anything that's obviously a problem that's best left for a professional. If he won't get professional help and his problem is too much of an interference in your friendship with him then all you can do is step back away from him and pray for the best. Maybe if/when you meet him again in your lifetime he'll have settled down and be a good friend, you never really know.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I suppose so. I think.. I just need to find a way to show him that I'm serious, which I obviously can't do right now. I'll just wait things out.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ok, I'm under atomic crisis again.

So my first ex got the wrong message with one of my Facebook statuses about 2 months ago. She tried talking to me again about a month ago and I gently tried to signal that i'm not interested. Now she updates heartbreak statuses on facebook about every day in english, Spanish, and what looks like French. o_0 she is updating with pretty deep stuff and her profile pics always have something to do with heartbreak. She's alway claiming stuff like how she still loves me or how she felt in situations. I updated a few things trying to get her hinted that I'm no longer interested, but the madness still carries on!

What she says will always creep and make me feel horrible. And to think she posts all that publically. I don't want to say anything now because I'm very afraid of the consequences on her side. The low part is she was the one who broke up with me last. I really don't know what to tell her or if I should do anything. Because I am very sure I wont feel the same way for her again. Especially since I endured self destructive behavior from myself because she ignored me and treated me like I was nothing but bloody thin air while she socialized with her friends. I remember holding hands with another ex more in a day than in a week with her.

And it baffles me she's even claiming all of this. It's driving me crazy too. W usually are in the library during lunch because even though we go to different schools, our schools share the lunch hour and the library. I simply can't predict what she will do.

Years
    I've got a pretty big problem (in my eyes anyway)
    It seems like i keep getting these wild mood swings where the slightest thing could set me off.
    For example we had to design logo's in ICT and this one guy drew one, it wasn't even that bad, but for some reason i burst out laughing and was even crying i was laughing so hard. When i looks back now i have no idea what the hell i was laughing at, to be honest when i look back i feel embarrassed at laughing so hard at nothing.
    And the exact opposite happens more regularly than that, I could be perfectly fine but then the tiniest thing could send me into such a depressive mood i don't even have the energy to do my A Level coursework and if i miss one more dead line i'm out of the college ;w;.
    An example could be that something as small as one of my friends finding a song before i do or even something as stupid as him learning how to use DOS in his ICT class (he's doing Btec) and my college blocks people from using it sends me into such a massive depression that i even start to question my existence in this world :'(
    Even worse the small parts in between these mood swings are filled with other weird emotions like jelousy but mostly paranoia. Like recently (you may have read it from one of my previous problem post's) i was messed around with by one of my friends and then completely blanked out. Because of this and the fact i tried to patch things up but he completely rejected any form of trying i sent him a message saying what was realy going on. The basic jist was i liked you, i knew you weren't that way, i blocked it out because we were friends, all i wanted was to hear the truth, hope your happy now. But now i'm so paranoid that he's going to tell someone about it that i'm been told that i'm obsessing over him. And now that's making me paranoid of what my friends are really thinking of me and whether or not there going to leave me like all my other friends have done in the past.
    This is just going in one vicious circle and i don't know what to do. I need to get this sorted out because it's affecting every important part of my life, my friends, me and most importantly my education ;w;
    Can anybody shine some light on why this is happening and any way of getting it fixed?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Yes it's me Curious. My curiousity has lead me too another problem. Well, not exactly..
    You see, it all started with my friend at school. I am the smartest kid in my year level and my grade. My what I like to call her - frenemy gives me dirty looks and talks to other people and to me sarcastically yet in a mean way. She is quite smart too, but it an attention seeker and loves to bathe in it, that's what she's known for. She's got most of the year level and all of my grade wrapped around her finger. Firstly, with the sarcastic and mean remarkes she tries to offend me and put me down. I don't know what school is for her, it must be a competition since everytime I do a little bit more work than her or gett a better mark she says comments to to other people; knowing I can hear her like:
    "No, at least I am not a nerd"
    "I chose to do my assignment simple"

Anyway, I do not know how to react nicely since with her it's Fire against Fire. I am honestly really cackling at how she is insulting me for being something she wants to be? She depises me for the thing that she wants to be. Any advice on how to respond?
    Many kids call me a nerd yet they ask me for help. I am a really good person, but I don't help them and I won't help her either..

An example of what I mean is this:

I post on my Facebook Status that I have ART homework. She of course asks me and I don't reply because I am busy. She then accuses me of making her stress when it's her fault for taking it that way. She firstly then write on her wall:
    "Whoevers is in 8D please tell me what the Art homework is cause (My full name goes here) says we have some."
    I reply: "It's art."
    She replies and says: "Oh, I don't care about art. Let Nathan the nerd deal with the homework."
    Then about 5 minutes later she askes me in chat: "Whats the Art Homework?"

I am like so confused. She said she didn't care about it, calls me a nerd for doing it and being interested in it yet then she has the hypocritical nerve to ask me what it is?

I replied: "Why should I tell you? It seems like you weren't interested in it before? I'm sorry, according to you I am too nerdy. Kthanksbye"

The she replies: "You're such a b***h. You have become b****y towards me for no reason. Yarararara we she knows what shes done.

The convo goes on from here about being you-know-what..

So.. any advice on how I should confront her?

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    You're a guy so it's not like you can walk up to her and knock her in the face, that'd make things a lot worse. If it were a guy then sure but in this case I'd say just hold your ground and verbally abuse her if that's what she's gonna do to you. Don't take "the high road" and be the "better man", you'll only look like a tool who can't even hold his own against a girl. Maybe get one of your girl friends to start up with her, get some real drama going.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    Yes it's me Curious. My curiousity has lead me too another problem. Well, not exactly..
    You see, it all started with my friend at school. I am the smartest kid in my year level and my grade. My what I like to call her - frenemy gives me dirty looks and talks to other people and to me sarcastically yet in a mean way. She is quite smart too, but it an attention seeker and loves to bathe in it, that's what she's known for. She's got most of the year level and all of my grade wrapped around her finger. Firstly, with the sarcastic and mean remarkes she tries to offend me and put me down. I don't know what school is for her, it must be a competition since everytime I do a little bit more work than her or gett a better mark she says comments to to other people; knowing I can hear her like:

Anyway, I do not know how to react nicely since with her it's Fire against Fire. I am honestly really cackling at how she is insulting me for being something she wants to be? She depises me for the thing that she wants to be. Any advice on how to respond?
    Many kids call me a nerd yet they ask me for help. I am a really good person, but I don't help them and I won't help her either..

I post on my Facebook Status that I have ART homework. She of course asks me and I don't reply because I am busy. She then accuses me of making her stress when it's her fault for taking it that way. She firstly then write on her wall:
    "Whoevers is in 8D please tell me what the Art homework is cause (My full name goes here) says we have some."
    She replies and says: "Oh, I don't care about art. Let Nathan the nerd deal with the homework."

I am like so confused. She said she didn't care about it, calls me a nerd for doing it and being interested in it yet then she has the hypocritical nerve to ask me what it is?

I replied: "Why should I tell you? It seems like you weren't interested in it before? I'm sorry, according to you I am too nerdy. Kthanksbye"

The she replies: "You're such a b***h. You have become b****y towards me for no reason. Yarararara we she knows what shes done.

Well, let's get the simple diagnosis out of the way: She's obviously two-faced. Two-faced people crave attention and don't know any positive way to get it. She's evil to you in public to keep up whatever appearance she has, but she isn't really like that. I won't say she's an angel if you get to know her, but she's certainly not that mean if she asks you simple questions.

To resolve it, don't do anything stupid that would cause excess drama. No violence, no arguing, no physical altercation of any kind. Now, you're obviously a smart person. Hit her on the mental level. Confuse her, prove her wrong, make her look like an idiot. If you do it right, she won't understand enough of it to escalate it.

---

I happen to have a problem as well:

For the past six months I've been with this chick named Hayley. When I met her, we traded some wild stories and told each other everything that's ever happened to us. Within the first two days, she told me a few different ages: 21, 17, and 16. The latter proved true, but I didn't think anything of her lying.

We went on our happy little lives for two months. Everything was perfect 'cause I was dating my dream girl (red hair, glasses, has a gothic schoolgirl outfit). One day, we were talking and she admitted that most of the stories she had told me were lies. That was actually a good thing because those stories had been pretty bad. Once again, another little red flag went up in my mind and I ignored it.

Four months in, she texts me. She has something to admit: She was hanging out alone with her "long-lost friend", her friends saw them, and said friends threatened to tell me. At first I didn't think much of it, but then I realized that if her friends had to threaten her to get her to tell me, it must have been bad.

That's where I lost it. All of my trust in her vanished, and I flat-out banned her from hanging out alone with guys. At this point, I started thinking a lot. If she had lied to me so much in the past about very important things, how could I trust her? I decided to give it some time.

Time kept going by and she had me whipped. I was only allowed to talk when she was in a good mood, my hugs were deemed inadequate at times, and if I didn't talk to her in X amount of time, she'd get upset. She continues to be this way, even today. But that's not the problem.

Enter Jessica, the chick next to me in English. We started talking a few weeks ago because we were both stuck in crappy relationships. With her, my hugs are never inadequate and she never gets mad at me for talking. I look forward to hugging her, and I could date her very soon if I wanted because her cheating ex dumped her.

But she isn't all that good. She's the scum of the earth a Juggalo. She smokes, she's a sex addict, and she does multiple kinds of drugs. Pretty much everything I stand against. I've hated her friends for years, I openly insult several of her exes, and I'm on the verge of pulling a Scott Pilgrim and fighting one of them just to make sure she's safe.

The problem: What do I do? Do I stay with the emotionally abusive chick I'm with, go to the drug-addled wannabe clown, or go back to my previous lifestyle of vengeful, meaningless sex (TSO does not approve of that)?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    She smokes
    That's not that bad. Help her to cut down.
    she's a sex addict
    Why is this bad?
    and she does multiple kinds of drugs.
    What kind of drugs? If it's weed, who cares. Only really matters if it's heroin or **** like that.
    Pretty much everything I stand against. I've hated her friends for years, I openly insult several of her exes, and I'm on the verge of pulling a Scott Pilgrim and fighting one of them just to make sure she's safe.
    Would be pretty funny.

Oh wait there's a point I missed.
    But she isn't all that good. She's the scum of the earth a Juggalo.
    Ew, don't date that.

The problem: What do I do? Do I stay with the emotionally abusive chick I'm with, go to the drug-addled wannabe clown, or go back to my previous lifestyle of vengeful, meaningless sex (TSO does not approve of that)?
    Third option is superior option.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    You're a guy so it's not like you can walk up to her and knock her in the face, that'd make things a lot worse. If it were a guy then sure but in this case I'd say just hold your ground and verbally abuse her if that's what she's gonna do to you. Don't take "the high road" and be the "better man", you'll only look like a tool who can't even hold his own against a girl. Maybe get one of your girl friends to start up with her, get some real drama going.
    I don't see how starting drama would make things any better, just saying.

But going to have to wish luck towards Curious., it seems your in a situation that seems tough, firstly just say (when you feel it's the right time) "I honestly don't know what is your problem, but you shouldn't be going around putting down, in the end you will be put down yourself, and other people might happen to dislike you very much, just know you'll have a lot of enemy's in the end which isn't a good thing." If she decides to ignore your words then all I can say is don't even bother with her, she's not worth your time honestly, and it's her fault if her life turns upside down.

Last edited:

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    I luckily have no real problems atm. I am looking for a good college though, and I have very specific requirements. The college needs to have a software programming course, full Japanese and French courses, and an exchange program to Japan. All for about... free. Not having much luck with that so far.

I had the same problem with looking for colleges in England. The solution is really simple: Tech-level colleges. A whole lot cheaper, and there are a few scholarships for students from other countries.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    Males are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to male vs. female interactions, hitting the girl is a social taboo and even if it weren't I hope you'd still look down upon it. The only way to stand your ground without coming off as a sad nerd, saying "you're above fighting" and whatever hippy solutions you try to throw out there, is to verbally insult her. Of course, girls are pretty benevolent creatures and may attack when stirred, in which case you're pretty much left defenseless because again, hitting a girl is a big no no. That's why you get one of your girls to get on her case. The grounds are equal and if assaulted your girl's got the incentive to hit back. Anyways you get you girl involved and the entire thing becomes a problem between the two of them, that's how girls are. She'll think up a legitimate reason as to why she now hates this other girl and you can walk away with clean hands, ready for a congratulatory brandy on a job well done. It's like literally the only way to deal with woman to male confrontation without looking like a loser.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Males are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to male vs. female interactions, hitting the girl is a social taboo and even if it weren't I hope you'd still look down upon it. The only way to stand your ground without coming off as a sad nerd, saying "you're above fighting" and whatever hippy solutions you try to throw out there, is to verbally insult her. Of course, girls are pretty benevolent creatures and may attack when stirred, in which case you're pretty much left defenseless because again, hitting a girl is a big no no. That's why you get one of your girls to get on her case. The grounds are equal and if assaulted your girl's got the incentive to hit back. Anyways you get you girl involved and the entire thing becomes a problem between the two of them, that's how girls are. She'll think up a legitimate reason as to why she now hates this other girl and you can walk away with clean hands, ready for a congratulatory brandy on a job well done. It's like literally the only way to deal with woman to male confrontation without looking like a loser.

mmmm let's not stoop down to physical retaliation. obviously violence would create more drama rather than solve anything; and Curious- best you can do is ignore her. her snarky remarks are annoying but they're only hurtful if you let them be hurtful. she's trying to provoke you and she wins if you give her a reaction. she's being petty and immature, and when she grows up and reflects on her actions she'll feel foolish. stay above her level by tuning her out.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I don't want to start more drama and rag myself and my other female friend lower. I am honestly focusiing on my education which is the main thing that I foucs on.
    Well, let's get the simple diagnosis out of the way: She's obviously two-faced. Two-faced people crave attention and don't know any positive way to get it. She's evil to you in public to keep up whatever appearance she has, but she isn't really like that. I won't say she's an angel if you get to know her, but she's certainly not that mean if she asks you simple questions.

To resolve it, don't do anything stupid that would cause excess drama. No violence, no arguing, no physical altercation of any kind. Now, you're obviously a smart person. Hit her on the mental level. Confuse her, prove her wrong, make her look like an idiot. If you do it right, she won't understand enough of it to escalate it.
    She's not exactyl evil to me. She's nice but in a sarcastic - mean kinda way. It's quite hard to describe. I like this advice thankyou, I think that this may be an appripriate option however, if I spend all my time doing this my education is gonna go down the drain quite quickly... not to mention my focus!

But going to have to wish luck towards Curious., it seems your in a situation that seems tough, firstly just say (when you feel it's the right time) "I honestly don't know what is your problem, but you shouldn't be going around putting down, in the end you will be put down yourself, and other people might happen to dislike you very much, just know you'll have a lot of enemy's in the end which isn't a good thing." If she decides to ignore your words then all I can say is don't even bother with her, she's not worth your time honestly, and it's her fault if her life turns upside down.
    I agree here with you here in some aspects.
    Trust me. And I mean trust me. She has nearly everyone wrapped arund her finger. Am I the only one smart enough to see this? If she does something wrong, it wont effect her popularity not one bit.
    I don't wan't to look like a loser, but I don't care if I have/do to look like one to not respond against her. I don't want to play games, I have no time for that but if it comes to it then so shall it be. And by the way, I don't let people annoy me without paying the price. I am a nice guy but seriously, I will hold my own ground.... but I think fighting back it unecissary escpecially visciously and violently. Thankyou for your advice.

mmmm let's not stoop down to physical retaliation. obviously violence would create more drama rather than solve anything; and Curious- best you can do is ignore her. her snarky remarks are annoying but they're only hurtful if you let them be hurtful. she's trying to provoke you and she wins if you give her a reaction. she's being petty and immature, and when she grows up and reflects on her actions she'll feel foolish. stay above her level by tuning her out.
    This is what I have been trying to do, but there is just one part of me that can't help itself but think I need to respond. I can't let someone be snarky towards me and not respond. I want to put her into her place... yet I don't. I think you're definately right in saying this. I am so confused to what I should do. Either ignore her, or put her into her place one and for all.

Thankyou so much everyone for your support and advice. I am really and pretty much open for more. So please if you have any help you think I might need I am more than appreciative for it! :3
    Thanks again guys. :D

danielv503

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Which in asia?

I am planning to take a break and would like to travel in asia that need no visa. Aside from Hongkong and Singapore where do you think is the perfect place for vacation? Please help me out here. Any suggestion? thanks

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I am planning to take a break and would like to travel in asia that need no visa. Aside from Hongkong and Singapore where do you think is the perfect place for vacation? Please help me out here. Any suggestion? thanks
    Malaysia. I may be biased because I'm Malaysian, but the beaches and rainforests are something you really have to experience for yourself. And of course, shopping at the Petronas Twin Towers.

Also, a lot of Malaysians are somewhat bilingual and know english so you're safe in that respect.

Malaysian Tourism

John-117

Jirachi lover
    Years
    Science fair

So I'm going to make a cooling backpack. A light weight and effective one. I need a small radiator and I found it. I also need a battery that can power the radiator and its cooling fan. Any suggections? also can provide some suggections for the whole thing. thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back