• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Theres this girl that likes me, I know cause alot of people told me and she told them, plus theyre are trustable, and I think I like her too, but she never talks to me anymore, and acts as if she hates me, plus shes trying to avoid me.

What do I do.

Typical. ;3
    Having had much experience with this sort of thing, the best thing for you to do would be to just ignore the immaturity. 'Cause, I mean' let's face it. That's exactly what she's doing; being immature.

Next time she's 'mean' to you, just act... well, normal. Try to hold a decent conversation with her, and ignore anything out of the ordinary. I don't mean to sound like I know everything, 'cause I most certainly don't, but chances are, she's treating you like this because she doesn't know how she's suppose to act around you. Why? I have no clue, but that's the most logical explanation I can come up with.

As I've already said, just talk to her. Don't feed in to her little games; sooner or later she'll learn that it's alright to talk to you normally, and she'll learn to be herself around you. (hopefully)

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    Me. Girlfriend (reffer to as Shristi). Her Mum.

Typical... Right?

There just isnt a typical solution ;_;

Ok it goes like this: Her mum used to like me and she knew that Shristi liked me, and I liked her.

Something happened... I dont know, and for the past few weeks her mum has disliked me.. ALOT.
    Shristi was given two choices, Talk to me and not her mum, or talk to her mum and not me... >.> and we've been talking secretly.

Later on, I asked her to be my GF and she aggreed, and after that Her mum went nepal for a while. Now, her Mum's back, and we can hardly talk during our normal times... and I want her mum to know about me and her being a couple, but shes scared her mum'll "kill" her.

We've talked about it quite a bit... and she just ends the topic by saying "Nah dw. You wont understand between me and my mum..."

Now, I'm desperate to tell her mum and get her "approval" (so-to-speak)... So I'm thinking about going to her place on friday and telling her Mum everything... And bending the truth to make it look like shristis confused and she wants to tell her but shes scared.

I know this might backfire... so I want to know what you people think about this... and maybe if there is a different solution thats less risky.

PS: On friday I'll have my School Certificate Computing test and school ends at 11:30 AM or so. Then I'll get to her place at around 12PM/1PM. (1 Hour by train >.>)

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Me. Girlfriend (reffer to as Shristi). Her Mum.

Typical... Right?

There just isnt a typical solution ;_;

Ok it goes like this: Her mum used to like me and she knew that Shristi liked me, and I liked her.

Something happened... I dont know, and for the past few weeks her mum has disliked me.. ALOT.
    Shristi was given two choices, Talk to me and not her mum, or talk to her mum and not me... >.> and we've been talking secretly.

Later on, I asked her to be my GF and she aggreed, and after that Her mum went nepal for a while. Now, her Mum's back, and we can hardly talk during our normal times... and I want her mum to know about me and her being a couple, but shes scared her mum'll "kill" her.

We've talked about it quite a bit... and she just ends the topic by saying "Nah dw. You wont understand between me and my mum..."

Now, I'm desperate to tell her mum and get her "approval" (so-to-speak)... So I'm thinking about going to her place on friday and telling her Mum everything... And bending the truth to make it look like shristis confused and she wants to tell her but shes scared.

I know this might backfire... so I want to know what you people think about this... and maybe if there is a different solution thats less risky.

PS: On friday I'll have my School Certificate Computing test and school ends at 11:30 AM or so. Then I'll get to her place at around 12PM/1PM. (1 Hour by train >.>)

Argh! Crap! I wrote you a whole repsonse but I somehow deleted it >_> I'll write it all again I guess.

I think you should tell her, and here's why. Consider the possibility of her finding out that you guys are dating without her knowledge. I mean she'll eventually find out. And when she does, she'll even dislike you more, and things will get more complex. So how should you act? Here's my opinion:

Go to her and start your conversation with recognition that you are aware of the bad impression you gave her. Then tell her that you're dating her daughter. Tell her "Your daughter and I have talked, and we both agreed that we let you know about what we're doing. You're her mother, and I think it would be disrespectful for me to date your daughter secretly behind your back. After all, you're her mother."

First, she might react negatively to you. However, I believe that once she digests your speech, she'll realize what a great guy you are -- a person who has respect to your partner's parents, a mature and honest guy.

Be prepared for it to backfire though. However, I believe it is better than having a secretive relationship in all circumstances.

EDIT: omg, you're a female. That's funny, because I pressumed you're a male xD that doesn't change the content though; the only thing that will change in my post is the pronouns ;p

Last edited:

Mr. Curling Iron

Years
    Argh! Crap! I wrote you a whole repsonse but I somehow deleted it >_> I'll write it all again I guess.

I think you should tell her, and here's why. Consider the possibility of her finding out that you guys are dating without her knowledge. I mean she'll eventually find out. And when she does, she'll even dislike you more, and things will get more complex. So how should you act? Here's my opinion:

Go to her and start your conversation with recognition that you are aware of the bad impression you gave her. Then tell her that you're dating her daughter. Tell her "Your daughter and I have talked, and we both agreed that we let you know about what we're doing. You're her mother, and I think it would be disrespectful for me to date your daughter secretly behind your back. After all, you're her mother."

First, she might react negatively to you. However, I believe that once she digests your speech, she'll realize what a great guy you are -- a person who has respect to your partner's parents, a mature and honest guy.

Be prepared for it to backfire though. However, I believe it is better than having a secretive relationship in all circumstances.

EDIT: omg, you're a female. That's funny, because I pressumed you're a male xD that doesn't change the content though; the only thing that will change in my post is the pronouns ;p

Hehe. DW mate ;) I'm actually a guy >.>

Anyway, I'd do that, but the only problem I see in it is that I'm scared that if it does backfire, then then Shristi'll get really mad at me and we might have huge problems which I'd rather avoid ><

Phixum

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Hehe. DW mate ;) I'm actually a guy >.>

Anyway, I'd do that, but the only problem I see in it is that I'm scared that if it does backfire, then then Shristi'll get really mad at me and we might have huge problems which I'd rather avoid ><

Then get permission from her. Tell her you want to do this. Explain the situation to her. I think she should understand =)

Mr. Curling Iron

Years
    XD I wish that would work :( I told her that a while ago ;_;

She declined ;_;

So i need a foolproof thing that I can do without her consent because I know she wont be that mad if I do it without her consent... but it works out...

Years
    First of all, you need to convince Shristi that it's all right to speak to her mother about it. I know, I know; you've already tried, and you seem to be getting no where, but you're never going to be able to convince Shristi's mother if you can't even convince Shristi. Tell her how unfair you think it is that you're forced to commit such a disrespectful act towards her mother just because she's afraid to speak to her. Yes, try to put her on a guilt trip. As much as it may hurt; if she feels the same way for you as you feel for her, how do you think she's going to react when she thinks she's hurting you?

Anyway, once/if you convince Shristi, the best thing to do in my opinion would be to get her to speak to her mother, or at least go together. I'm sure her mother loves her, and won't make that big a deal out of you two going out if that's what Shristi really wants.

And y'know what? Maybe her mother doesn't even have anything against you. Maybe it's just the idea of her daughter dating. Ask her that, too; ask her what she has against you, and what you've ever done to deserve her disrespect. Maybe she heard a false rumor about you? What better time to prove it wrong than right then, eh?

Anyway, I know it may seem a lot more complicated than this, and it probably it. All I'm saying is, with the details you've provided, this is what I'd do. Everyone's different, though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Weird Dream...

Okay there is this girl I really like. So last night I had a dream about her and me. She handed me a note and I did not read it. Then we were almost about to kiss then I woke up....is there something going on that I don't know about....is it possible for her to have the same dreams as me....whats going on.....

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It's a dream. You like the girl. I wish you the best with your "bagging" of her.

Glossary:
    Bagging- Getting the girl.(Verb. Origin: The Hood.) XD

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Eh....I wouldn't really go on what dreams tell you...
    Anyone can have a dream of passing a note to Britney Spears, doesn't mean anything except you're thinking about her.

Btw, moving this to Post your problems~

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Eh....I wouldn't really go on what dreams tell you...
    Anyone can have a dream of passing a note to Britney Spears, doesn't mean anything except you're thinking about her.

You act as though Britney Spears is predictable all of a sudden. XD

I still say go for it. [cheap line]Believe in yourself! If you try hard enough, you can do anything![/end]

Phixum

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    This is a very classic problem, at least to me. Although I'm not LOOKING for a solution, merely talking about it makes me feel better ^_^

I've just broken up with my gf and I'm having an emotional gap ._. I feel I want to date someone, but I know that I shouldn't date in this condition, feeling that way.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    This is a very classic problem, at least to me. Although I'm not LOOKING for a solution, merely talking about it makes me feel better ^_^

I've just broken up with my gf and I'm having an emotional gap ._. I feel I want to date someone, but I know that I shouldn't date in this condition, feeling that way.

Occupy yourself with other things. Just point it out to yourself- you're single now, you don't need to go out with anybody for a while. It's okay to still think about her in small amounts, just slowly take her off your mind day by day. Enjoy your new single-ness, go out shopping alone or with friends, and have some 'me' time. Being single is pretty fun too =). Wish you well in getting over her.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    My Problem:

I just broke up with my bf Jarred. He still calls me 25 times a day, but that isnt my problem(well it kind of is...). Here's the real deal. There is this kid Shayne that lives in my neighborhood, rides my bus, and goes to my school. I think it is really weird. Listen to this:

He was born in-New York
    I was born in-New York
    He was born on-April 16, 1996
    I was born on-April 17, 1996

We can both only wear 14 karat gold earings.

Here is how it all started....

At home

He moved to NC in my neighborhood this Summer. We went to the pool one day, and he was there. I didn't know who he was, but I thought he was kinda cute. So, me and my friend, Ashley, go in the pool while our dads cook. We do our little handstands and flips and stuff. And Shayne copies us(well, me at least).

We have been going every few days, and we start becoming friends. And both our dads have stuff in common, and so do Shayne and I. He kicks me in the pool and punches me and tackles me. But he doesn't try and hurt me. But one day, he kicked me in my stomach by my ribs and it hurt really bad. He left a bruise and when he saw, he said he was sorry, but kept hitting me. He'd also throw rubber bands at me too.

At school....

At Open House at LMS, I saw him and his dad walking around(Shayne also wears glasses, but he looks good in em.). And in the hallways, he pushes me and hits me with his binder. But Friday on the bus, he was real sweet, even thought he was rude inside school.

Now, the rest of my problem. I don't know if he likes me. I kind of like him, but, my friend likes him too. She says she doesn't but I can tell. And durring math class one day, Shayne's friend Ethan asks me"Do you like Shayne?" And I go "Shayne who?" Cause I know a lot of Shaynes'. And he asks over and over. And I finally say "Why?" And Ethan goes "Well he likes you." So, that kinda tiped me off on the bus. Also, his friend Gage, when he talks to me, he talks about Shayne and brags about him. Please help!

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Uggh. A friend did something really bad to me about 2 months ago. I'm feeling shameful for what happened to me, and a little guilty. Anyone have any ideas how to make this go away? =/

Zet

Years
    My Problem:

I just broke up with my bf Jarred. He still calls me 25 times a day, but that isnt my problem(well it kind of is...). Here's the real deal. There is this kid Shayne that lives in my neighborhood, rides my bus, and goes to my school. I think it is really weird. Listen to this:

He was born in-New York
    I was born in-New York

At home

He moved to NC in my neighborhood this Summer. We went to the pool one day, and he was there. I didn't know who he was, but I thought he was kinda cute. So, me and my friend, Ashley, go in the pool while our dads cook. We do our little handstands and flips and stuff. And Shayne copies us(well, me at least).

We have been going every few days, and we start becoming friends. And both our dads have stuff in common, and so do Shayne and I. He kicks me in the pool and punches me and tackles me. But he doesn't try and hurt me. But one day, he kicked me in my stomach by my ribs and it hurt really bad. He left a bruise and when he saw, he said he was sorry, but kept hitting me. He'd also throw rubber bands at me too.

At school....

At Open House at LMS, I saw him and his dad walking around(Shayne also wears glasses, but he looks good in em.). And in the hallways, he pushes me and hits me with his binder. But Friday on the bus, he was real sweet, even thought he was rude inside school.

Now, the rest of my problem. I don't know if he likes me. I kind of like him, but, my friend likes him too. She says she doesn't but I can tell. And durring math class one day, Shayne's friend Ethan asks me"Do you like Shayne?" And I go "Shayne who?" Cause I know a lot of Shaynes'. And he asks over and over. And I finally say "Why?" And Ethan goes "Well he likes you." So, that kinda tiped me off on the bus. Also, his friend Gage, when he talks to me, he talks about Shayne and brags about him. Please help!
    tell Jarred you'll put a restraining order on him if he keeps calling you 25 times a day, and as with the shayne thing, he sounds like a bad seed if he keeps hitting you, and well I guess if you want to be with him you should let him ask you out but if you feel like your friend would be better with him, try and convince him to go for your friend

Uggh. A friend did something really bad to me about 2 months ago. I'm feeling shameful for what happened to me, and a little guilty. Anyone have any ideas how to make this go away? =/
    well since I don't really know what happened by all I can say is "things go away over time if you wait" I know it's not really helpful but it will go away eventually, though I really do wish I could be more helpful

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    My Problem:

He was born in-New York
    I was born in-New York

At home

At school....

Well it's clear how he feels...Any guy who takes that much time out of his day to jokingly harass you obviously has a thing for you. It sounds like he's kinda going over-board though O.O...I hope your ribs are ok.

Why don't you talk to your friend about it first and see how she feels, then you can go from there and talk to him if you like. If it works out, that's wonderful. But seriously, you're 12 years old, and you have plenty of time to get into the whole dating scene. My advice would be to just have fun and don't get into anything too serious. Trust me...you'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to date people. ^_^

It really depends on what your friend did to you. I'd love to try to help, but I can't really do so without any information. I hope it wasn't anything too serious. Just make sure you're not feeling guilty for something that wasn't your fault. I've been there-done that, and it's not fun =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back