• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    lol Aurafire that's what my mom said. Well, my friend is a cheerleader and is more concerned with her dances and songs to deal with boys. And she hates Shayne(coz she weighs more than him o.0).

And I'm fine. It just hurt a bit. And left a bruise.....

Uggh. A friend did something really bad to me about 2 months ago. I'm feeling shameful for what happened to me, and a little guilty. Anyone have any ideas how to make this go away? =/

I don't understand, but I'll try and help.

WHat happened that made you feel this way? Try talking to your friend. And if it was that bad, then he/she isn't a real friend

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    To reply to all the post, it's not really something I'm comfortable talking with right now. And it's not really something to say on a Pokemon forum where kids go.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    Ok, I'm really REALLY scared. I live on a college campus, in a house directly across the street from the dorms. There's this guy that my dad (my dad's a teacher here) knows, and ever since I met him, he creeped me out. He's much older than most college students, and he always acts so out of it.. anyway, about a week or 2 ago, my mom and I gave him a ride to the dorms from across the campus. I felt like he was staring at me the whole time, and the whole time I walked into my house. (since he lives across the street) and he KNOWS where I live. so earlier tonight, he came to the door, and my dad said he was acting really weird.. asking for money, and asking if he could sleep in our garage, or inside our house. and apparently it took my dad a long time to make him leave. so.. I'm really scared he'll eventually try to break in and do horrible things.. if you know what I mean. >_<

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I really dont think there is anything the police could do.You could tell them I think this man is under the influence and he might do something he regrets or have the campus do a back round check on this guy.Or you could keep a close watch and be aware of your surroundings.

Years
    Or you could... y'know, lock your doors and get an alarm. o_o'

Don't spend the rest of your life scared of this one guy; he might not even be up to anything! I mean, if he scares you that much, sleep with a knife! Just don't jump to conclusions before you know the whole story. Maybe he's... I dunno, really poor or something? xD;

Tell your dad how you feel; maybe he can talk to him for you.

Emii

Years
    Or you could... y'know, lock your doors and get an alarm. o_o'

Don't spend the rest of your life scared of this one guy; he might not even be up to anything! I mean, if he scares you that much, sleep with a knife! Just don't jump to conclusions before you know the whole story. Maybe he's... I dunno, really poor or something? xD;

Tell your dad how you feel; maybe he can talk to him for you.

lol yeah, we always lock our doors. but my parents are all like "We can't afford an alarm! Besides, we have 2 dogs that bark whenever there's someone at the door!" yeah.. 2 tiny yorkies. they may bark, but I don't think they'd really do anything other than that.

and I did sleep with a pair of scissors last night. yes, scissors. XD the little kid kind, too. Hey, they were all I could find because my mom keeps our sharp knives locked up, so nobody will stab anybody else. but I AM sleeping with one from now on. I mean, being across the street from college students is a risk enough already.. they have lots of drug dealers and stuff, and I'm sure they know that me and my sister live here. They must have seen us enough anyway.

so I told my dad that his friend is a creepy weirdo, and my dad just left to go talk to student support services about him, I guess. Hopefully something good will come of it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    lol yeah, we always lock our doors. but my parents are all like "We can't afford an alarm! Besides, we have 2 dogs that bark whenever there's someone at the door!" yeah.. 2 tiny yorkies. they may bark, but I don't think they'd really do anything other than that.

and I did sleep with a pair of scissors last night. yes, scissors. XD the little kid kind, too. Hey, they were all I could find because my mom keeps our sharp knives locked up, so nobody will stab anybody else. but I AM sleeping with one from now on. I mean, being across the street from college students is a risk enough already.. they have lots of drug dealers and stuff, and I'm sure they know that me and my sister live here. They must have seen us enough anyway.

so I told my dad that his friend is a creepy weirdo, and my dad just left to go talk to student support services about him, I guess. Hopefully something good will come of it.
    I wouldn't suggest sleeping with a knife or anything of the sort. :| You'd probably be more at risk of hurting yourself in your sleep than of someone coming in to attack you.

To be honest, I think you're being too paranoid. :( It's understandable that you find this guy really creepy, but it's more likely that he has a few problems--maybe alcohol abuse, he's down on his luck (which would explain the begging to sleep in your garage o_O), etc. If he does anything weird that makes you or your family feel uncomfortable, call the police. But I don't think it's any good to let it consume you like this.

Years
    I wouldn't suggest sleeping with a knife or anything of the sort. :| You'd probably be more at risk of hurting yourself in your sleep than of someone coming in to attack you.

To be honest, I think you're being too paranoid. :( It's understandable that you find this guy really creepy, but it's more likely that he has a few problems--maybe alcohol abuse, he's down on his luck (which would explain the begging to sleep in your garage o_O), etc. If he does anything weird that makes you or your family feel uncomfortable, call the police. But I don't think it's any good to let it consume you like this.

Exactly;

And just because you live across the street from college students, and you happen to be a girl doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to attack you, if anyone.

Don't flatter yourself, hun. XD;

Emii

Years
    Exactly;

And just because you live across the street from college students, and you happen to be a girl doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to attack you, if anyone.

Don't flatter yourself, hun. XD;

XD I'm not. I go to this college too after all. but back to the point, it's just that this guy always stares at me. always. we already know that he has problems. in my dad's class the other day, he was acting like he was stringing beads in the air.. but there was no string and no beads. and he talks to himself. and he thinks everyone is out to get him, and he hears voices. he's known my parents for a few months, and told them that, so that's how I know at least that much. So I do understand that he has a few problems. but the police in this town won't do crap for anything. we have security guards on campus who think they are the police. I guess it makes sense though, the campus is a substation. but yeah, they handle everything here. but they really don't care about the welfare of their own students, it's sad.

but I guess I should stop thinking so much about it. I have a baseball bat in my room anyway, I think I'm less likely to hurt myself on accident with that. and anyway, Christmas break starts on the 4th, so he'll be out of state until January 14. So I'll try not to worry much about it, thanks! ^^

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Just because someone hears voices etc. doesn't mean they are anymore likely to harm you ^^

They are probably afraid of it all and a bit paranoid themselves..paranoia comes with those symptoms but really most are harmless.

It is probably best for your parents to stay friends with this person...isolating him could make him feel worse, like the world is against him... =( And that is a really rotten feeling to have, trust me.

You are being paranoid ^^ If you feel like having some sort of protection will help you then do so but don't make really extreme assumptions because it will make you fearful for no reason.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I have an issue which is really knocking me around. Although it doesn't sound like much, it is killing me.
    Next year for VCE I have chosen my subjects trying to keep as many options open as I don't know what I am going to do after school is finished.
    I am doing some subjects that I do not like or am particularly good at, I am doing them for the sake that if I choose to do something that requires it, I will have it done.
    My problem is, do I choose to do subjects I don't really like or am good at and just try and survive it, or do I drop them, do what I love doing and what I am good at but risk missing out on a University course or something later on?
    The major one that I am considering dropping is Maths. Without it, I can do another artsy subject which is what I really want to do.
    Help?

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I would say play it safe and take math. It won't last forever, so I understand you will have to take it anyways. The sooner you finish it, the better off you will be.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Depends on what you want to do. If your post-secondary ambitions don't include math in the least (if you plan on going into something arts-based in university, or straight into work where they won't care about higher level math courses) then I'd suggest dropping math and doing what you want, or what will be useful to you. Then later on, if you need a math course, most post-secondary institutions will have beginner courses that don't require previous credits, so those are always an option if you change your mind.

But! Since you say you have no idea, I'm going to suggest you keep math. If you literally have no idea, then you have to keep your options completely open. So take a broad range of subjects and, in that case, math is important. So unless it's really going to hinder you (you're bad at it to the point where it'll really affect your grade average, etc.), then I think you should stick with it even if you don't like it. No sense closing doors if you may need them open.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If you dont believe math is necessary for your future career then dont take it.If your not for sure take it.And alot of University are really into ACT scores more then they are if you take a math class.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Hey...I'm not sure if this is just a bit trivial, but lately, I've just been feeling really down. No real 'main' reason, I just seem to have stopped caring about life in general. I've kinda just given up...I don't really know what else to say...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    My soon-to-be fiance and I began house hunting a few weeks back and found and fell in love with a house. Due to my finding a new job (that pays double my old one) I can easily afford it. I went in to get the pre-approval loan and I'll find out Tuesday if I get it. I'm really worried I might not because of how young I am. But the house is absolutely gorgeous (and for the price it's the best you can find! even nicer than houses double its price) and literally needs no fixing up or repainting. Just move our stuff in.

So I'm really nervous about getting/not getting the loan. Some prayers would be nice.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    jasonresno: The bank or whoever your getting the loan from usually looks up your options, if they see they you have no chance of repaying it they most likely wont give you a loan. But due to the state your in, new job with high pay, your living in a country where prices will probably drop dramatically and loaners are getting more strict, you have a good chance of getting the loan.

But it does soughta depends, they might not have enough money you see ;).

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Thanks for the reply :). On paper there isn't really a reason to not give me the loan other than because I'm young. But I'll let everyone know on Tuesday!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back