• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Is there any chance your friend might be joking with you since i dont understand how a counciler would find out if you kept it hidden

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    Okay I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, but I'm just really frustrated right now. I was born and raised in a Christian family...but I don't believe in God, I'm not a Christian, I base most of my beliefs in science (I'm don't believe in scientology, I just believe in evolution, big bang, etc), so I guess you can say I'm atheist, or I don't really have a religion...or something, I really don't know. But I've told my parent's, whenever I do they get really mad and all "Oh, I'm sorry you feel that way". They force me to get up and go to church every Sunday, most of the time we go Sunday afternoon as well and they make me go on Monday's to youth. My god, just kill me, why don't you. I keep telling my parents that I don't believe in Christianity, but they won't listen! They want me baptised, etc, but what good will that do if I don't believe it? How can I get them to STOP forcing this on me? I mean, gee, I respect people's religion but it's just getting downright annoying and I want THEM to respect ME for what I believe. And it's not like I'm a bad kid into drugs and stuff, I ride horses and have straight A's...how bad could I be, really?

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
    How old are you and how many years do you have left before you turn eighteen?

I've known a lot of friends in that situation, and the best solution I've been able to figure out is to go along with it. Make sure they know that you're not going under your own will, and that you would rather be doing anything than going to church, but be respectful while you're there and go anyway, and they might eventually see that you respect their wishes even though yours are different. This could maybe make them see what kind of ridiculous bigots they're being and stop forcing you.

Baby steps. Changing your parents' mind isn't going to come immediately.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years

I've known a lot of friends in that situation, and the best solution I've been able to figure out is to go along with it. Make sure they know that you're not going under your own will, and that you would rather be doing anything than going to church, but be respectful while you're there and go anyway, and they might eventually see that you respect their wishes even though yours are different. This could maybe make them see what kind of ridiculous bigots they're being and stop forcing you.

I'm 16, almost 17.

Thanks for the advice! :)

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years

Very good advice. Couldn't have said it better myself.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
    How decent working conditions can lead to a better life?
    Can anyone post a letter on this topic. We have a national school competition on this topic. I have written some lines but those are not enough I need at least 1000 words.
    I searched the net but still no luck only some few lines. Please I need help.
    Thanks

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I'll provide something for you to work on^^
    A likeable working environment contributes to worker satisfaction, which reduces work related stress, improving health, safety in said environment will also reduce stress and obviously the risk of accidents, this also improves relationships between employees.
    Off the top of my head, expand that a bit, I hope it helped^^

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    who you are mates with is your decision and they need to undertand that, however, try to be sensitive about it, to tell them in a way that will hurt them as little as possible, if at all, don't dance around the topic or tell lies however, you mentioned they are close to you, so that makes a personal conversation and them undertanding you a lot easier^^

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I HAVE A PROBLEM, YAY

Well, this Christmas Break, I've got absolutely nothing to do. Well, I plan on getting this video game I want for Christmas and I want to play it all through break...but then I feel like I should be arranging to hang out with my friends and ride my bike; basically stop being a hermit all Break. I don't really want to hang out with them though because I'm going to see them in a week or two anyway, I also think it'd be more fun if I just sat and played my game. But if I do that, my conscience keeps telling me I'm being a hermit and that I should be bonding with my friends and I should be going out to play...but deep down, I just want to sit and play video games because I know I won't be able to play when school starts. So...is it wrong for me to just want to play video all break, or should I really be hanging out with my friends? Should I feel guilty? D:

Years
    I HAVE A PROBLEM, YAY

Well, this Christmas Break, I've got absolutely nothing to do. Well, I plan on getting this video game I want for Christmas and I want to play it all through break...but then I feel like I should be arranging to hang out with my friends and ride my bike; basically stop being a hermit all Break. I don't really want to hang out with them though because I'm going to see them in a week or two anyway, I also think it'd be more fun if I just sat and played my game. But if I do that, my conscience keeps telling me I'm being a hermit and that I should be bonding with my friends and I should be going out to play...but deep down, I just want to sit and play video games because I know I won't be able to play when school starts. So...is it wrong for me to just want to play video all break, or should I really be hanging out with my friends? Should I feel guilty? D:
    I think you should play all break, as I am doing. I hate that I cannot play games during school as well, so I am taking advantage of this freedom. I believe you should as well.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    I have a problem again! ^_^;;

Ok, not that anybody here is a doctor, but earlier today, I found a lump on the back of my neck. It's right at my hairline, and about an inch to the left of my spine, and about the size of my fingernail. I get scared over everything, so the first thing I thought was, "OMG! Tumor!!" and I got all scared and panic-y. My mom said it could just be a cyst though.. it's not really bothering me, although now that I keep messing with it, it's a little sore.. But yeah, like I said, I get scared over stuff like this.. not that a cyst would be fun, but I'd prefer that over a tumor.. =(

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    one of the members here who acted like the nicest guy to me has started hating me because I refused to tell him a secret, he then said a lot of hurtful things, reminded me of my dead aunt, and said he enjoys seeing my misery, he then apologized after but hes being a total jerk again, he did even cause me to go under huge depression and its so bad that if these normal pills dont work, I need to take depression pills, he completely flip flopped my personality too, I dont know what I'm supposed to do other than cry to myself.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I have a problem again! ^_^;;

Ok, not that anybody here is a doctor, but earlier today, I found a lump on the back of my neck. It's right at my hairline, and about an inch to the left of my spine, and about the size of my fingernail. I get scared over everything, so the first thing I thought was, "OMG! Tumor!!" and I got all scared and panic-y. My mom said it could just be a cyst though.. it's not really bothering me, although now that I keep messing with it, it's a little sore.. But yeah, like I said, I get scared over stuff like this.. not that a cyst would be fun, but I'd prefer that over a tumor.. =(

Don't worry, your mother is most likely right. I'm judging this by my own experience with the same thing as your problem only on the back of my hand. I started ASDFing over it, practically crying over the fact that it could be a tumor and maybe ever spreading cancer. My mom told me that it was just a little cyst that was not cancerous and told me not to worry. She then showed me that she had the same exact cyst on her own hand. When I was still freaked out, she agreed to take me to the doctor if it wasn't gone in awhile, which I agreed to. We never went, but maybe you should try the same thing. Even though your mother is probably right, she'd probably recognize extreme fear from your part and agree to take you to the doctor if it was that important. And to let you know, my cyst remains on my hand a year or so later, and it effects nothing in the least. You'll be fine. =]

one of the members here who acted like the nicest guy to me has started hating me because I refused to tell him a secret, he then said a lot of hurtful things, reminded me of my dead aunt, and said he enjoys seeing my misery, he then apologized after but hes being a total jerk again, he did even cause me to go under huge depression and its so bad that if these normal pills dont work, I need to take depression pills, he completely flip flopped my personality too, I dont know what I'm supposed to do other than cry to myself.

You'll have to realize that not every person on the internet or in real life for that matter is a good person. You'll meet people who are arrogant, spiteful, ignorant, and in your case, hurtful. If he's saying all of these things to you exactly like you say, then you'd be best not speaking to him any longer. It's terrible to subject yourself to demeaning crap. Though, try to see it from his point of view, and attempt to see if you did anything wrong yourself. There's always two sides to a story, and it'd be unfair for me to completely take your side in this. As for your depression, don't let something online get to 'ya. It's not worth your sweat. I know it's easier said than done to be happy, but think about this. You're letting something that's typed on a computer that's basically run primarily by a tiny little set of chips small enough to crush between your two hands. Nothing on the computer is worth so much to get depressed over. And you're too good to have another person get to you. Good luck, and put a smile on your face. :'D

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    Don't worry, your mother is most likely right. I'm judging this by my own experience with the same thing as your problem only on the back of my hand. I started ASDFing over it, practically crying over the fact that it could be a tumor and maybe ever spreading cancer. My mom told me that it was just a little cyst that was not cancerous and told me not to worry. She then showed me that she had the same exact cyst on her own hand. When I was still freaked out, she agreed to take me to the doctor if it wasn't gone in awhile, which I agreed to. We never went, but maybe you should try the same thing. Even though your mother is probably right, she'd probably recognize extreme fear from your part and agree to take you to the doctor if it was that important. And to let you know, my cyst remains on my hand a year or so later, and it effects nothing in the least. You'll be fine. =]

Thank you so much!! Although I admit I am still a little bit scared.. but my mom did say she would take me to the doctor if it would make me feel better. (she has to do that alot for me, it makes me feel bad.. XD) But really, thank you! I feel better now that you told me that! I'll just hope that it's a little bit sore because I keep messing with it.. which is probably why.

pokemon_beauty

Pretty in Pink
    Years
    I'm sick..
    and I feel like whining about it :D
    I might have mono.

There's nothing anyone can help me out with.
    I just felt like whining because I don't feel good :p

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2012
    I'll start with this one. I have a really horrible dad, and the kids and staff at my school are screwing up my brain. I'm three seconds from punching them in the face, and I don't know what to do. Also, a lot of the girls at school are chasing me around, trying to kiss me and get to be my GF's, but there are 2 girls, that are female versions of me. They have crushes on me too, but I don't want to break their hearts because I only love me, sexually, but not like that. I like me and I squeese my face a lot... What do I do? They're close friends to me.

Last edited:

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
    Don't get involved with anyone if you don't want to. Trust me, I've been there, it's a mistake. Better to just tell them, "I'm sorry, but no" now instead of having a nasty breakup down the road. The latter hurts a lot worse.

I also find that exercise really helps, especially anger. Get an endorphin rush going, if you can get to a punching bag or weight room and just work that for an hour or so three-four times a week, that's a good thing both physically and mentally.

Your dad, there's not much to be done about except suffer through it until you're out of the house, and the classmates/school administration? Stop trying to be nice. Stop trying to avoid hurting people's feelings. Be honest and blunt. You might be surprised at the results.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back