• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well, here goes.

I often lose interest in everything I do. I will begin something and it shall never be finished. What will start out good will end up all wrong. I lack focus, nothing can keep my interest for more than a few minutes. When attempting anything I all but give up. Nothing seems to catch my eye anymore. I can never match what I have once matched. I get angry over the simplest things, I feel the need to boot my dog in the face every time it scratches at the door(but my self restraint keeps me from doing so). I prefer to be alone, enclosed in my room, and I hate it when people enter. Now, my room has a door outside, and the computer, so people are always coming and going. I have troubles sleeping and often will sit in bed for hours upon hours trying to doze off. I will often wake up in the middle of the night(if I get an early sleep) and then never go back to sleep. When I have to answer something, like what to do, what to eat, I will spend elongated periods of time thinking it over, but still never come out with an answer. I nearly always feel feeble, barely able to manage from day to day. Often times when I get up from a reclined position, I will topple. I feel miserable and ache all over.

Well, that is basically my story.

Kota

Years
    Well, here goes.

I often lose interest in everything I do. I will begin something and it shall never be finished. What will start out good will end up all wrong. I lack focus, nothing can keep my interest for more than a few minutes. When attempting anything I all but give up. Nothing seems to catch my eye anymore. I can never match what I have once matched. I get angry over the simplest things, I feel the need to boot my dog in the face every time it scratches at the door(but my self restraint keeps me from doing so). I prefer to be alone, enclosed in my room, and I hate it when people enter. Now, my room has a door outside, and the computer, so people are always coming and going. I have troubles sleeping and often will sit in bed for hours upon hours trying to doze off. I will often wake up in the middle of the night(if I get an early sleep) and then never go back to sleep. When I have to answer something, like what to do, what to eat, I will spend elongated periods of time thinking it over, but still never come out with an answer. I nearly always feel feeble, barely able to manage from day to day. Often times when I get up from a reclined position, I will topple. I feel miserable and ache all over.

That sounds awful. ):

The best advice I can offer (if any) is to try and cheer yourself up. As far as not being able to succeed goes, I speak for myself here but, whenever I attempt something I always pass failure on the way to success. I'm not the first to use that quote, and I sure as hell won't be the last. For everything else, maybe you should just focus on being happy? Find someone to cheer you up. (:

Are you lonely? Or, do you not want company?

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Well, here goes.

This sort of happens to me, when I'm tired. As well as the depression and feelings of worthlessness mentioned just before ^^. Try sleepin earlier, not sleeping in for longer that isn't the same D:. As for the aching, well you may wanna get that checked out? When you say you topple after getting up, do you mean your vision sorta goes black for a second and you get a little dizzy? I get that, it's just the blood rushing to your brain or something liek that ^^ It's fine, really.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I mean, I feel fine when I can actually do something I enjoy, but lately that has all but become impossible. Well, yeah, I think I'll just do that. I am going to go have fun.
    Thanks.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    I have a problem like Narcisuss.

I can't do anything completely except for schoolwork. I can NEVER finish a story that I make, or a picture that I draw. I was 5 minutes away from beating Pokemon and I shut it off and threw it out of my hand.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    @ Narcissus and Ryuzaki: Perhaps you're not really doing something that really, honestly and truly catches your enthusiasm. Environment and health conditions also greatly affect how interested you get in something. Set goals, and if that doesn't work, then take a break. Don't force yourself to do anything- your enthusiasm will come to you eventually and your motivation will only be blocked worse if you fo€rce yourself. You'll probably just wind up tired and irritated if you expect yourself to be upbeat and productive all the time.

Go out and have fun with friends, take a long walk or hike, swim, appreciate nature, listen to some motivational music, etc. If you can't get into anything too mentally-motivated, then you might as well do something physical. Work out, get a good sweat, build up your strength, and be healthy. Best of all, eat well and make sure you're well-nourished and have sufficient sleep hours. Instead of adapting a "I can't do this, oh my goodness, I have to do this" sort of mentality, you could go with a "If I can't make myself do this then I'm not meant to do it and I'll forget about it an relax" thought pattern and just go with the flow.

I'm not quite guaranteeing that you'll instantly be able to finish up stuff like stories and books and games as soon as you follow the above tips, but if you just relax and don't let a lapse in productivity get to you then something will probably come to you eventually. I often get these depressed episodes myself, so I sort of understand this kind of feeling. Hopefully this post helped a little.

Years

I can't do anything completely except for schoolwork. I can NEVER finish a story that I make, or a picture that I draw. I was 5 minutes away from beating Pokemon and I shut it off and threw it out of my hand.
    Maybe you think that you like the things that you start, but you actually don't.

I think the best thing would be to experience new things. Things you haven't done before. Try a new sport, learn an instrument, something you haven't done.

I think you just have a short attention span. I don't mean that in a mean way, but that is what I am getting from what you have said...
    Just try to experience new things =]

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015

judging by the random throwing of your ds after spending hours on it you probably have scizophrenia XD

no seriously, do something and if u ever feel like giving up last second think of all the things yuo gave up/time you spent on doing it and will yourself forward.
    surely certain things have rewards worth sticking out for.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    I er... just received a death threat, I have no idea why, but this guy heard something from someone and now he's out to get me. Any ideas on what I should do? here's the conversation:

2:09pm Samuel
    ill ****ing kill you

2:09pm Chris
    why?

your a *****

why?

i have heard stuff
    im getting a tenner to beat the **** out of you
    edlesborugh wednesday?

2:10pmChris
    from who?

2:10pm Samuel
    be there

no

u ****ing *****

2:10pm Chris
    why, what have you heard?

ill kill you

and from who?
    whatever you've heard is most likely ********

2:12pm Samuel

2:12pm Chris

i dont want to die, especially when i don't know why i'm gonna get beaten up
    i mean, who told you seriously?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    First of all, do you know this guy IRL? If so, then avoid the 'meeting' and tell the cops. :\ yeah, I know you don't wanna be a grass, but if someone is seriously threatening to beat up and possibly KILL you for reasons unknown, then I think the police might be interested. Failing that, at least tell your parents, or someone.

If you don't...then you shouldn't have any reason to worry, unless you've been silly enough to tell him where you live...in which case, you need to tell the police/your parents.

Hope I helped ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    I do know the guy, and I know that he keeps his promises, and he's promised that he's going to "get me" for something that I've allegedly done, but haven't.

Years
    I do know the guy, and I know that he keeps his promises, and he's promised that he's going to "get me" for something that I've allegedly done, but haven't.

For your own sake, take this to the police. They don't take death threats likely, and if they don't take youe seriously because of their age then they're being completely unprofessional.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I er... just received a death threat, I have no idea why, but this guy heard something from someone and now he's out to get me. Any ideas on what I should do? here's the conversation:

ill ****ing kill you

why?

your a *****

why?

i have heard stuff
    im getting a tenner to beat the **** out of you
    edlesborugh wednesday?

from who?

be there

no

u ****ing *****

why, what have you heard?

ill kill you

and from who?
    whatever you've heard is most likely ********

2:12pm Samuel

2:12pm Chris

i dont want to die, especially when i don't know why i'm gonna get beaten up
    i mean, who told you seriously?

Yeah, I would avoid this guy at all costs. You should definitely tell this to someone else (preferably an older sibling or an adult) because threating to kill another person is not taken lightly.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Print it out, Chris. Show it to authorities. That kinda stuff is really serious and they can press major charges as well as a restraining order.

Don't dawdle. This is serious and none of us would want anything bad happening to you.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Anyone know how to stop yourself from being scared of silly things?

I'm actually scared of the heat the UK is going to supposedly rise to.
    Y'see, I don't go well with heat, headaches and all that. But, I feel boiling in rather cold heats, when all my friends are wrapped up warm I'm in my 3/4 lengths and a short sleeved shirt. I'm worried about how hot it's going to get, and how that will affect my health. I feel dizzy and nauseous at night, when it's relatively cold. I don't want to pass out at school because of it and I don't want to get heat stroke. My school uniform is black as well, so it makes it even warmer.

Anyone got any tips on either staying cool or to help me stop being so scared?

I really hate being scared of things. I really, really hate it. It's like nails on a chalk board for me.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Just think about all the people that die every day of temperatures over 45 C in Mexico and Africa.

Now, is 35 C gonna kill you? Just freeze some water and keep it handy in school.

Years
    Hi everyone^^
    I have this huge problem...
    I cant eat!!! Everytime i eat something i try to spit it out but my mom forces it in....
    I try skipping all the meals of the day to lose weight and look better(i always wanted to look good in front of this girl). Eventually i start to do thing so strangely for ex (forgetting to eat SOMETHING) What should i do..
    1.5 weeks ago i was 75kg or 150 pounds but now i weigh 63kg or 126 pounds...
    What should i do??..(remember i cant eat my brain tells me to either throw it up or spit it out ...)

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    FlyingSquirrel, this might sound a bit flat and mean, and nerdy but you sound like you have a case of bulimia, a fairly common eating disorder. I suggest you talk to your mom and see a doctor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back