• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
  • Inactivity is my most major problem yet... ><;

Is that really a problem we can help you with? Or was it a joke, because it's hard to tell sarcasm from being dead serious on the internet.

But, if you are dead serious, then we can't help you. If you are inactive, then... stop being so inactive. Also, depending on what you mean by 'inactive'

Inactive as in real world
    You should get out and play football, or rounders, or basketball, or any sport with your friends, or jog around the park, or the block, with other people, or with a dog. Soon, you'll enjoy it, because exercise gives of -insert big word here- or as I call it 'Happiness' and well... makes you happy, and lively. You'll get used to it

Inactive as in PC
    Find a topic you enjoy, and keep posting in that. Problem solved

If you were being sarcastic.... TT___TT I just wasted my time D:

Minato

--+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    I can almost relate to you, since I'm a New Jersian, and I'm in the denseness of it.

Ok. So, you say that you're moving from basically a desolate place to the big city. I'm going to tell you one thing, it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard at first; you're going to hear noises that you're unfamiliar with, and you're going to see things that you're not used to seeing. It's going to be weird, but I'll give you a couple ways on how to deal with the noise from inside your house. When you first move, try keeping a couple windows open; that'll get you used to the noise. Even at night, keep the window slightly adjar. Doing this will make the noise seem comforting almost, and you won't even hear it soon. Not used to going out? Well, try sitting on your stoop for a couple minutes each day. This will not only get you outside in general, but it'll also give you some newfound curiousity on what the city has to hold for you. And your grades? This might seem insane to you, but get something from outside your current home, and bring it with you to the city. When you get nervous about your grades, or when you're taking a test, you can hold it for the familiarality of your old home and the familiar smells.

It'll be hard, but you seem like a strong person. You'll get used to it. =)

Thank you, this encourages me that it won't kill me to move xD. I'll try and follow these; it seems like it'll work out well. Again, thanks. It really helped.

You need to remember that it isn't the end of the world. Living in a city isn't that hard, but it will take some time to get used to. Just remember to make the best of it. When life throws you lemons you make lemonade.

All right, I'll do my best. There are definitely advantages to living in the city, and I'll try to keep a positive outlook on it. Thanks.

Years
  • I'm really quite suprised I'm here, but yes my problem...

Basically, about 6 weeks ago I broke up with my girlfriend. Well now we're really close friends, like really close. But she has this new boyfriend and he and his mates are threatening me. One of them even pulled a knife on me the other day. That's not so much the problem, I've been doing martial arts for 11 years now and I can take care of myself.
    But I'm close to just losing my temper, and if I do I'll get in trouble with the police and my ex will get angry with me and it'll ruin our friendship.
    As well as this, he's been saying to her that I've been threatening him which is not true.

I really need some help with this one =\

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
  • Sorry I can't help with this situation. Gee, you ppl do have some major problems. *coughs*
    My problem: There's a guy a just met 2 or 3 days ago (on the net). We started chatting and got along pretty well. He kinda acted that he liked me -_-". To tell you ppl the truth, I've just seen his pic and just talked to him. First he declared that I'm his best-friend and now he says I'm his GF!. That sounds pretty absurd. I do not believe in having a BF/GF on the net. So what shoud I do with him? I know he sounds pretty nice and all But it just doesn't feels right. It's cuz I'm not a flirt. *PHEW*

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • Tell him to lay off. Dont worry about how he'll feel. He seriously needs a life. No-one just goes out with someone just because they feel like it.. and you guys just met...

Make him suffer... but then again... that would be inhumane. Just tell him straight out, how you feel and you want this stupid nonsence to stop

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Sorry I can't help with this situation. Gee, you ppl do have some major problems. *coughs*
    My problem: There's a guy a just met 2 or 3 days ago (on the net). We started chatting and got along pretty well. He kinda acted that he liked me -_-". To tell you ppl the truth, I've just seen his pic and just talked to him. First he declared that I'm his best-friend and now he says I'm his GF!. That sounds pretty absurd. I do not believe in having a BF/GF on the net. So what shoud I do with him? I know he sounds pretty nice and all But it just doesn't feels right. It's cuz I'm not a flirt. *PHEW*

Are you his girlfriend? No? Then make it clear; he's just going to get more carried away.

Tell him to back off. Let him know you can't just go saying people are with you when you've just met and/or they haven't consented. Let him down nicely, if you still want to maintain the friendship, but if he goes off crying and swearing vengeance or something, obviously you don't want to know someone immature like that, so it should be interesting.

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
  • Thanks so much ^^. Both of you, iMiraj and Kylie. I think u ppl are right. I'll do it now.
    I'll let him know that I'M so NOT his GF. I'll lay him off alright.

Years
  • Meh, I'm in a weird situation at the moment. I had a pretty serious girlfriend for about 8 months, but she started getting back into drugs, and mixing with the wrong crowd. In the end I felt she cared more for the drugs and low lifes than she did for me, so things kinda petered out, and we broke up. Since then she's gone a little mental, I haven't seen her since, but she's been banging on about how **** her life is, and how she doesn't want to see me at all. Weird, but there you go, and I tried to get on with life, she's doing her best to screw hers up.

Now the other day my house mate's girlfriend showed me some photos of her new housemates, and I mentioned that I thought one of them was pretty hot. Following day the hot one happened to be about when I was around, but I didn't get introduced or anything, just sat there for a minute or two before leaving the house. The following day the housemate's girlfriend gets a text from her asking who I was because she liked the look of me. It's a bit crazy because I was dressed as a scruff and my hair was a mess, so my sitting there in silence clearly made a good impression.

They're now trying to get me to phone her, but I reckon it'd be a bit awkward, given that I don't know a thing about her, and I'll have to bump into her loads next year when I'm round. I'm off for the summer for 2 months, so do I wait and hope she doesn't find someone else in the mean time? or do I bite the bullet and hope for the best?

I'm really quite suprised I'm here, but yes my problem...

Basically, about 6 weeks ago I broke up with my girlfriend. Well now we're really close friends, like really close. But she has this new boyfriend and he and his mates are threatening me. One of them even pulled a knife on me the other day. That's not so much the problem, I've been doing martial arts for 11 years now and I can take care of myself.
    But I'm close to just losing my temper, and if I do I'll get in trouble with the police and my ex will get angry with me and it'll ruin our friendship.
    As well as this, he's been saying to her that I've been threatening him which is not true.

I really need some help with this one =\

Just leave them all alone. You're in danger of becoming attached. They won't last, and you're friendship with last longer.

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Meh, I'm in a weird situation at the moment. I had a pretty serious girlfriend for about 8 months, but she started getting back into drugs, and mixing with the wrong crowd. In the end I felt she cared more for the drugs and low lifes than she did for me, so things kinda petered out, and we broke up. Since then she's gone a little mental, I haven't seen her since, but she's been banging on about how **** her life is, and how she doesn't want to see me at all. Weird, but there you go, and I tried to get on with life, she's doing her best to screw hers up.

Now the other day my house mate's girlfriend showed me some photos of her new housemates, and I mentioned that I thought one of them was pretty hot. Following day the hot one happened to be about when I was around, but I didn't get introduced or anything, just sat there for a minute or two before leaving the house. The following day the housemate's girlfriend gets a text from her asking who I was because she liked the look of me. It's a bit crazy because I was dressed as a scruff and my hair was a mess, so my sitting there in silence clearly made a good impression.

They're now trying to get me to phone her, but I reckon it'd be a bit awkward, given that I don't know a thing about her, and I'll have to bump into her loads next year when I'm round. I'm off for the summer for 2 months, so do I wait and hope she doesn't find someone else in the mean time? or do I bite the bullet and hope for the best?

Just leave them all alone. You're in danger of becoming attached. They won't last, and you're friendship with last longer.
    My advice for you is just to go for. Like they say It's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all. I mean the worst that could happen is that it doesn't really work out between you two. Never hesitate in life, otherwise that may lead to regret. You can sit around and wonder "what if", but you'll never know till you go for it. Life isn't here for you to observe, it's here for you tive! I know what I've said is just a bunch of cliches mashed together but I feel that it's the truth. :P

Akarei Yorume

His servant forever... <3
    Years
  • ...where do I begin?

I feel I'm in love with Itachi Uchiha (yes, the character himself)... and I'm sure I'd do positively ANYTHING for him if he existed. If he told me to kill you, I'd make myself do it because he would want me to. If it would please him, I'd do it. It's getting in the way of my everyday life, he's all I think about. I dream about almost nothing but him (seriously!), everything I say relates to him... I'm sure I'd kill my best friend to follow in his footsteps.

I think it's tearing me and my best friend apart. See, we write these fanfictions together, and she has control of Itachi... and she knows I want control, and I've started to press my point and use force to show I mean it. She once gave in and said "fine, you can have him...", but I declined. Part of me screams at me every day: "WHY DIDN'T YOU SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY WHILE YOU HAD THE CHANCE?!" She doesn't allow me to even get near him, and it's building up inside of me. Eventually I blocked her e-mail address so I wouldn't do any more harm to her. (btw, she's here on PC- Rainfall)
    What should I do? I really want to show her that I have rights too- and that she can't keep me from him... but I don't want to lose her.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • ...where do I begin?

I feel I'm in love with Itachi Uchiha (yes, the character himself)... and I'm sure I'd do positively ANYTHING for him if he existed. If he told me to kill you, I'd make myself do it because he would want me to. If it would please him, I'd do it. It's getting in the way of my everyday life, he's all I think about. I dream about almost nothing but him (seriously!), everything I say relates to him... I'm sure I'd kill my best friend to follow in his footsteps.

I think it's tearing me and my best friend apart. See, we write these fanfictions together, and she has control of Itachi... and she knows I want control, and I've started to press my point and use force to show I mean it. She once gave in and said "fine, you can have him...", but I declined. Part of me screams at me every day: "WHY DIDN'T YOU SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY WHILE YOU HAD THE CHANCE?!" She doesn't allow me to even get near him, and it's building up inside of me. Eventually I blocked her e-mail address so I wouldn't do any more harm to her. (btw, she's here on PC- Rainfall)
    What should I do? I really want to show her that I have rights too- and that she can't keep me from him... but I don't want to lose her.

Oh... um, wow.

Well, I feel sorta the same way about L from Death Note, (lol.) only not quite so obsessive. He's just a character. Remember that there are real guys out there who can give you real love. You can be a fangirl without overly obsessing.

Besides, Sasuke's better >.>

Akarei Yorume

Years
  • Oh... um, wow.

Well, I feel sorta the same way about L from Death Note, (lol.) only not quite so obsessive. He's just a character. Remember that there are real guys out there who can give you real love. You can be a fangirl without overly obsessing.

Besides, Sasuke's better >.>

T_T Everyone tells me that. <_< But I suppose it's true.

...me no likey Sasu.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Trust me Sam, we all get super FanGirlish like that but don't let it run your life! I mean I love Renji but I have long accepted the fact that he isn't real. Take Nozo-chan's advice. Look for a real boy to give you real love.

Ialso think this maybe much deeper than you're letting on. It could be from an inner depression/anxiety or fear that you may never find the right guy for you thus you cling to Itachi because in your mind he will always be there for you.

Akarei Yorume

Years
  • Trust me Sam, we all get super FanGirlish like that but don't let it run your life! I mean I love Renji but I have long accepted the fact that he isn't real. Take Nozo-chan's advice. Look for a real boy to give you real love.

Ialso think this maybe much deeper than you're letting on. It could be from an inner depression/anxiety or fear that you may never find the right guy for you thus you cling to Itachi because in your mind he will always be there for you.

^^;

Hmmm... I've never thought of it that way before. I'll take that into consideration, thanks! ^^

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • ...where do I begin?

Ah. That is a problem. Thing is, I have done that with a character I made for a story. And I keep wanting him to be real D:

But best thing to do is to say to yourself
    'I love him. But he isn't real, he is more of a backup for when my life gets down, and there are real people in this world, that I can really fall in love with, and can really love me back,' and keep thinking that whenever you think of him

DAMN I LOST THE GAME! -Sorry, but I did-

Anyway, think about other people, don't bring him up, give Naruto a break for a little while, just until you calm down from it if it helps.

I know this is an odd way of helping, but every time you talk about him, in a love way -Not like... Itachi and Saskue are fighting, and I think Itachi is winning- sort of thing, but like -Itachi is so cute- sort of thing, get someone to hit you, then you will stop thinking about it because you wont want the pain. I know it's the same way they house train dogs, but it works, I did it aswell to stop me from shouting at people, every time I shouted in an angry way, for no or little reason, I slapped myself. I don't shout anymore so it works xD But only for like... a month, otherwise you will start hating Itachi...

Just give some techniques a try. He can still be your favorite character, just without the obsessive thing.

Well... it might not work, but that's all I can think of.

Oh yeah, can nobody say
    'Yeah, but you are telling them to receive physical violence, that wont make anything better!' I'm not saying they have to, I'm just saying it might work. Okay? Thanks ~

Chosen_of_Manaphy

Arceus Damn It!!
    Years
  • My dog died...

My little chiuaua, Benette, got hit by a car today.

I was watching Pokemon, and he whined to go outside, to do "business".

We live in an apartment house, which was recently built. Our landlord and some workers were working on the unfinished section of the basement, and the gate was wide open, unknown to me.

We live off of Route 110, a very, very busy road. Benette was only 1 year old, and didn't know any better.

By the time I let him out to do business, I hadn't known the gate was open. Thus I assumed he was going outside.

Two minutes later, I get a call from the kind lady who had seen him in the street and put him on a blanket beside the road, stating he was hit.

My mother had just pulled in to the driveway, and saw the group of children across the road.

She went with them to cremate poor Benette's body, so we could keep his ashes.

And the worst part? Its mostly my fault for being an irresponsible owner...
    :(

Please, Click here and give your support to poor Bennette

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • While I'm terribly sorry for your loss, there is already a thread you may post any problems or grievances in.

-Merged-

Chosen_of_Manaphy

Arceus Damn It!!
    Years
  • Oh, sorry. I didn't know there was a thread like this.

Anyways,
    my mom is tearful right now, and though I'm sad, I cant sem to really feel anything, ya know?
    Everyones all crying and upset, and here I am tring to get our lives moving along, ya know?

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Oh, sorry. I didn't know there was a thread like this.

Anyways,
    my mom is tearful right now, and though I'm sad, I cant sem to really feel anything, ya know?
    Everyones all crying and upset, and here I am tring to get our lives moving along, ya know?
    I'm sorry for your loss...
    I guess you're not feeling anything yet because you're still in shock...
    But you shouldn't be blaming yourself.. It's not a very uncommon thing to happen.

May his soul rest in peace.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back