• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    you 2 do know chibi chan said no one liners
    anyway,so im british(you know)and most people here and on serebii are american based,so,what happens when i go to sleep???i miss like 10 pages of important games so i have to go read them and then post and on a day like this where serebii isnt working for me,i have to read the pages,post and hope that noone beats me and makes my post make no sense,also i find at school they ban stuff like youtube on computers you use but keep it on their computer...that drives me crazy:(

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    you 2 do know chibi chan said no one liners
    anyway,so im british(you know)and most people here and on serebii are american based,so,what happens when i go to sleep???i miss like 10 pages of important games so i have to go read them and then post and on a day like this where serebii isnt working for me,i have to read the pages,post and hope that noone beats me and makes my post make no sense,also i find at school they ban stuff like youtube on computers you use but keep it on their computer...that drives me crazy:(

You know, you're not at school to use YouTube and other non-educational sites. That's why they're blocked.

I'm an IT admin at work, and I sure don't like people wasting company time with leisure surfing. :T Not only is it a waste of time, videos and other streaming media use a lot of network bandwidth and means people trying to do legitimate work get stalled by you.

Teachers and IT technicians have free access to them for technical and teaching purposes. Not to spite you.

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
    Years
    I have a new problem that I should have posted right when it happened. Okay, so as there have been many posts about girl problems I have one. Back in sixth grade (now in seventh) there was this girl whom I sort of like. We are actually pretty good friends but the summer break ruins everything like an axe to a log. Earlier that year she kept staring at me and when I looked back at her she flashed me either a nervous smile or an "I like you" grin. So now if this thing between me and her is still going entering the new school year, what should I do? I sort of casually work things with girls into conversations with my mom (can't trust my dad without him flipping out) but I am kinda scared that she's gonna blow up. What I am hoping for is that she is gonna ask me to a movie or something so I can tell my mom without being nervous. Should I still hope for this or just tell my mom. I am thinking about making our relationship so much stronger by talking to her more often, and if we sit by each other in class helping her with her work and making sure one arm is down so she can try to touch it. Is my plan okay? School starts in four days so I need help quick please. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Oh, middle school crushes. :) When school begins, for about a week I would try the subtle flirting you guys were doing months before. If you're that interested, do some discreet investigating on whether or not she's single.

Try not to be creepy...
    if we sit by each other in class helping her with her work and making sure one arm is down so she can try to touch it
    ...that I consider a little creepy.

Just look for the signs, and work up the courage to start talking to her and gradually building a relationship.

Don't be nervous about facing rejection...if she ends up not having mutual feelings, be understanding, and don't let it affect you negatively. (Remember, girls dig confidence!) Maybe you have something to work on, or maybe her dad doesn't let her date, or something. You'll probably develop another crush soon after, anyways.

Good luck!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Cousin Moving in for a Year

Ok, so my cousins from India is moving in with us for a year for College. From the start we didn't get along very well. He would always comment about how America is pathetic and how India was better (I didn't really care about that) But then he started making fun of my friends and how my friends brother died in Iraq. Then I got pissed, I didn't want to say anything so I let it go (I wanted to beat the crap out of him). But then he got on my computer and ruined it by giving it a virus! (I gave him 1 last strike) And when he commented racialy abotu Blacks an Mexicans I got mad and cussed him out! (Because most of my friends are Black and Mexican). I don't want to be fighting everyday I get home for my whole Freshman year. Any help please?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Percentage%- Oooh arrogant anti-Americans. I've got a friend from France who used to incessantly belittle US culture and politics, but it just took a little rational confrontation to settle that. This guy seems like a real bully, though. The worst thing to do is react like he's affecting you. When he says insolent things, I suggest you and your friends act like you're not offended. People who verbally attack out of spite are usually just looking for a reaction, so if you ignore his comments, perhaps he'll give it up.

If I were you, I'd hide my computer and other important possessions he could sabotage, and avoid leaving them obtainable at all times.

Always be reasonable, try your best to control your emotions. But avoid confrontation, because irrational people are impossible to reason with.

(Side note: If you haven't seen him in a long time, perhaps he's changed. A little glimmer of optimism for you.)

Good luck :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Percentage%- Oooh arrogant anti-Americans. I've got a friend from France who used to incessantly belittle US culture and politics, but it just took a little rational confrontation to settle that. This guy seems like a real bully, though. The worst thing to do is react like he's affecting you. When he says insolent things, I suggest you and your friends act like you're not offended. People who verbally attack out of spite are usually just looking for a reaction, so if you ignore his comments, perhaps he'll give it up.

If I were you, I'd hide my computer and other important possessions he could sabotage, and avoid leaving them obtainable at all times.

Always be reasonable, try your best to control your emotions. But avoid confrontation, because irrational people are impossible to reason with.

(Side note: If you haven't seen him in a long time, perhaps he's changed. A little glimmer of optimism for you.)

Good luck :)

He is already in my house and been here for 2 weeks, and I can't hide my computer :(

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Ok, so my cousins from India is moving in with us for a year for College. From the start we didn't get along very well. He would always comment about how America is pathetic and how India was better (I didn't really care about that) But then he started making fun of my friends and how my friends brother died in Iraq. Then I got pissed, I didn't want to say anything so I let it go (I wanted to beat the crap out of him). But then he got on my computer and ruined it by giving it a virus! (I gave him 1 last strike) And when he commented racialy abotu Blacks an Mexicans I got mad and cussed him out! (Because most of my friends are Black and Mexican). I don't want to be fighting everyday I get home for my whole Freshman year. Any help please?

Punch him in the F'ing face for me.

Why not take it easy.
    Obviously he sucks.

Personally, words can be quite powerful.

Like so:

Him: "Ugh. You Americans are-"
    You: "Save that thought, because frankly I don't give a damn about what you think of this country or it's people, or anywhere else and it's people for that matter. No country is freaking perfect, and you fail to realize that because you too ignorant and stupid for your own good. And you better keep your Douchebaggery to yourself, or I'll see of some way to make you live on the street instead of here. Got it? Good. Piss off."

Communication is an option,
    Poopnoodle's advice is one, too.
    See what works.
    I hate to know that someone out there has to deal with this kind of crap.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Punch him in the F'ing face for me.

Why not take it easy.
    Obviously he sucks.

Personally, words can be quite powerful.

Like so:

Him: "Ugh. You Americans are-"
    You: "Save that thought, because frankly I don't give a damn about what you think of this country or it's people, or anywhere else and it's people for that matter. No country is freaking perfect, and you fail to realize that because you too ignorant and stupid for your own good. And you better keep your Douchebaggery to yourself, or I'll see of some way to make you live on the street instead of here. Got it? Good. Piss off."

Communication is an option,
    Poopnoodle's advice is one, too.
    See what works.
    I hate to know that someone out there has to deal with this kind of crap.

o.o Lol, ok i'll do that. But my dad will be mad if he tells Dx

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Hey guys, I have a little problem. My new university is so huge and I have yet to make any friends. The school is in DC and I'm from New York, so I am used to huge places, but I still feel a little over whelmed and nervous.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    Hey guys, I have a little problem. My new university is so huge and I have yet to make any friends. The school is in DC and I'm from New York, so I am used to huge places, but I still feel a little over whelmed and nervous.

I'd surrgest trying to mix with some people. You'll soon get some friends, I am sure. Ask people you like to go out drinking or something. Bond and play console games and the likes.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012

You might feel overwhelmed, but there are pros and cons to everything. Try to look on the bright side about the fact that your university is huge: it's got tons of people. That pretty much guarantees that you'll find someone you get along with very soon and before you know it you'll have a group of friends to hang out with. Try putting yourself out there a little more, that's all there is to it.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
    Hi guys... If you read previous posts of mine in this thread, you should know the situation I was in...

Those who don't, I was wanting to go live with my boyfriend but was refused to and shoved to college.

Well, there in lies my problem...

I did some typing of what I felt there yesterday. This was orginally meant for my dA journal, but it explains everything.

If anyone can help me, please do so... *hugs*

*sigh* No internet here really. >: I brought my comupter to SWIC for nothing. It says I have internet connection but it LIES!!! D:

Maybe it's only the part of the college I'm in. Oh well...

I hope this day goes well for me... So far, I'm not liking college at all. :/ Kinda reduced me to tears every night so far I've been in, and I just started! I can't imagine what I'd be like later. Well... actually I can and it's not gonna be being happy... Is that even possible anymore? Me being happy or even me being able to SMILE?!

I'm tired, depressed, and scared... My back hurts from carrying a 2 ton book bag. >->;

I just... really think my mom expects too much of me. James thinks so too. I can't handle all this... It hurts literally! I'm already emotionally scarred from my past. This emotionally wounds me... Physically I have pains in my back and legs, I have shakey hands so work'll be difficult. Which is weird since I'm good at art but... meh....

I can really see this being the death of me... if not, it'll severly murder my emotions and scar me mentally from having bad thoughts daily....

My anxiety disorder is what really causes me to feel this way added to the fact that I go through torture like this. I have thoughts of things that happen that I can't stop because I feel trapped in a box with no way out...

Not only that, but I'm just terrified of people. I have to face it. I'm agoraphobic...

This is why talking on the internet is just so much easier. Online you can't be hurt because all it is, are words on a screen. In real life they CAN hurt you. Maybe not physically, but emotionally. I'm not sure what I want others to do.... Part of me wants them to notice me because, as always, I'm looked through like a mirror as if I'm not even there. But on the same token, if people actually do pay attention to me, I get scared and can't keep a conversation going. I'm quieter than quiet. If there's even a word for that. People in real life, might actually see me as a mute. That's how little I talk.

*sigh* I just don't know... But I have to head to class anyway so I''m ending it here.

---

I met a friend at school I guess. I don't know her name yet but I met her at lunch. Or rather... She met me. This is her freshman year too.

I don't understand why I have to be here... It's just stupid... I'd much rather be at home right now, you have no idea...

And I can't even believe that, I've complained not liking to be at my house, so you can imagine the horrors that I'm enduring now... Or will soon later. This is just the beginning...

I THINK my next class starts at noon. So I have 30 minutes to get there and wait...

---

Well my school day is over but I have to wait till I can get on the train and bus back home. I was playing a bit of my Firered ROM but quit. My laptop's battery is dying so I only have so much time on it before I can't use it anymore here. I didn't bring my charger with me. :/

It's 1:41 PM now and I have to be at the train station at 3:05 so... 1 hour and 24 minutes. *bashes head against her comuter screen* WHY?!? Why do I have to wait so long?? And that's from now. I've been waiting longer while I was playing Firered!

Ugh... I hate college... This actually makes me wish I could drive and had a car. Mom would never buy me one and I don't have a job so a car is out of the question... :/

According to my computer, I have 30 minutes left on it. Meaning about an hour of pointless waiting... My cellphone is almost dead so I can't do anything with it either. In case there is a god and he hates my guts, I want to make sure I have enough energy to call my Nana if I need her to pick me up in case 'God' made me late for the train or bus for some stupid reason or make them leave early before I could get there... :/ (You can tell I don't like God if he exists. If he did, he must think I'm the shittiest person alive and should be totured slowly and painfully until I'm at the point of ending my life.... Truely what I feel about him. I just don't want my parents to know. :/ Mom would beat the **** out of me, burn me alive, and make me read the Bible until my eyes bled if she ever found out.)

And now I',m getting heat flashes (I'm outside) Heh. The inside is too cold but the outside is too hot. Which would you rather be???

I suck at making jokes...

AHH!! ****ing bugs won't shut the hell up!! They're those screeching bugs that leave their exoskeletons that they shed on trees. I forgot what they were called, but they're the same bug as Nincada, Ninjask, and Shedinja from Pokemon.

I guess, in a way, all my complaining on here would be good for me so my emotions are not kept all inside... Like anyone will actually read this but it's more for my health, because I know there's something wrong with me. I shouldn't be depressed or scared of people but I am... So if you are reading this, please don't think I'm emo because I'm not. I have emotional issues and I think they first because clear to me at the age of 14 so... 8th grade. I've had a lot of troubles with bullies in my past. I've been beaten as a child for stupid things, like not doing laundry for my dad, with a belt.

At school, I was always looked at funny and pretty much was told that I was ugly by everyone. People even made stupid jokes like another person liked me when I know they sure as hell didn't...

In the past I have been known to get back pains and sharp pains in my legs. (Similar to charliehorses. Did I spell that right?)

I'm not a fan of pain. (It's odd because I used to result to self-punishment in the past whenever I thought I did something wrong. Maybe because I'd hate it more, it would be a better punishment? I have no idea...)

I'm severely screwed up, but before you all think I just need to be put on meds, let me tell you something. They don't work. It may seem like they do for a few hours but it isn't perminent. If anything, it makes depression worse. I'd rather be dulled to the pain, than to be happy for a few hours then depressed again.

All pills do is plaster a fake smile on your face, but the pain is still there. I'm sure anyone on pills for depression will agree with me. That's how I feel and I'm not even on meds anymore. I felt like I didn't need 'em so I stoped taking 'em. Mom didn't want to bother spending money for something I was never going to use, so she stopped buying my perscription. (Probably the only smart thing that she did involving me)

Just so you know, I hardly even do anything with my family. We don't sit around the dinning room table to eat dinner every night. We just do that for Thanksgiving and Birthdays.

I never even stay in the same room as them to do whatever I like to do like draw, listen to music, or talk to you guys. I hardly even speak to any of them other than saying 'hi' or if my parents want something of me. Other than that, I'm completely and uterly silent. Hell... I think I talk to my cats more than my family and that's just sad....

I have 4 minutes left so I'm gonna wrap this up before I lose power.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You seem to have your mind set on living with your boyfriend, not getting a job, and living off of disability and other people's money judging how you respond to other people suggesting that you get out and do something with your life. What you do is entirely up to you, but you aren't going to get far in life living off of monthly checks of a set amount. If you decide to do that, I surely hope that you're not thinking of bringing a child into this world because he or she is going to have an incredibly difficult life ahead of them. You need to set your priorities straight. If you want to be, basically, a willing mooch, so be it. But if you actually want to make a living, get the notion that you can live off of disability out of your head, listen to your mother, and go to college. Make a living. Otherwise, ten years from now, you're going to regret not taking the initiative.

Don't want to do what I and others suggested for whatever? Sucks for you. Enjoy not having a life. If you think college is hard, just imagine how life would be if you go on, skip college, go on to living off of other people's money. You'll get so far. A two bedroom home in a horrible neighborhood. I can see it all so clearly. I don't care either way, it's your life. If you want to screw it up and throw away the past 18 years of your life, so be it.

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
    So back in May, I started dating this girl. She lives about 2 hours away and we met at a summer camp. I totally fell in love with her. I absolutely love her personality. And believe it or not, I think she might be "one". So she broke up with me about a month ago. She said it was only because she couldn't handle having a bf with all the problems in her life atm. She also said she wanted to get back together in the future. I've asked her a few more times over the weeks if she really wanted to get back together, and she said yes. (In the future). So...I'm still madly in love with this girl. So what should I do? Just keep talking to her as a "friend", wait, and hopefully she'll want to get back together?....

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    The only thing you can do is be supportive and wait it out. However, if she's postponing the relationship for too long and you start to question whether or not she really wants to be with you, I'd start socializing with other (insert sexual preference here...because for all I know you could have the hots for men too)s...because you probably don't deserve to just be seen as another responsibility if you've stayed long enough for her to decide whether or not to commit. I'd say save yourself some heartbreak and terminate the relationship now, but since you've known her for awhile and seem to have really strong feelings for her, that would probably hurt the both of you.

Just keep seeing her and perhaps she'll come around.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
    You seem to have your mind set on living with your boyfriend, not getting a job, and living off of disability and other people's money judging how you respond to other people suggesting that you get out and do something with your life. What you do is entirely up to you, but you aren't going to get far in life living off of monthly checks of a set amount. If you decide to do that, I surely hope that you're not thinking of bringing a child into this world because he or she is going to have an incredibly difficult life ahead of them. You need to set your priorities straight. If you want to be, basically, a willing mooch, so be it. But if you actually want to make a living, get the notion that you can live off of disability out of your head, listen to your mother, and go to college. Make a living. Otherwise, ten years from now, you're going to regret not taking the initiative.

Don't want to do what I and others suggested for whatever? Sucks for you. Enjoy not having a life. If you think college is hard, just imagine how life would be if you go on, skip college, go on to living off of other people's money. You'll get so far. A two bedroom home in a horrible neighborhood. I can see it all so clearly. I don't care either way, it's your life. If you want to screw it up and throw away the past 18 years of your life, so be it.

We're still debating on children... I know James said before when he was talking to a friend that maybe we should have kids so he can leave something of himself behind so I can remember him. But he also doesn't want to bring new life into this horrible world...

I'd rather live a happy life then die of suicide for too much stress from school/parents/ect.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    We're still debating on children... I know James said before when he was talking to a friend that maybe we should have kids so he can leave something of himself behind so I can remember him. But he also doesn't want to bring new life into this horrible world...

I'd rather live a happy life then die of suicide for too much stress from school/parents/ect.
    I'm starting to see why so many people are aggravated with you...

Oh yes, because school and parents are so incredibly stressful. Escaping all that by taking the money from others just due to your situation is the easy way out. You're bound to get far that way.

...not. Honestly, anytime someone here tries to give you advise, you continue on with your horrible plan. I don't see why you're bothering telling us about your problem if you're not willing to at least consider the fact that your plan is, to be blunt, rather thoughtless and immature. You're 19 years old, you're not 9. Stop carrying over this helpless attitude that your life sucks and that you don't know how to fix it.

You're not interested in doing what we suggested, so why continue trying to seek our help? It's getting incredibly irritating and so many people have tried to help you but you continue the "I'm right, lulllzzzz" attitude you have, despite knowing nothing about what you're getting into. Because what you're planning to do is something that's going to ruin your life and you're going to regret it.

Maybe that's what you need. A slap of reality because you clearly don't have enough of that in your life. Grow up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back