• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

• I have told him how I feel, but the thing is, he never said anything, like at all and that's what makes me curious...

Why don't you then ask politely? You can say that they don't need to answer you because it's personal.. but say that you were just curious if it was because they weren't (or were.. I don't know the situation) interested in you specifically or if it was a gender thing .__.
    I don't see any harm in it.. it's just asking.. ._. Say that you don't mean to press them but it's been on your mind and you just really wanted to know..

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    This may sound overexaggerated or something but here I go.
    Spoiler:

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • This may sound overexaggerated or something but here I go.
    Spoiler:

There's not much I can say that might suddenly change thing around but maybe this quote will give it a whirl!

"Family is other people. No matter how close your blood relationship is…no matter what your relationship may be…anyone other than you is not you! And so you have to think it over and decide for yourself! Take away other people's wants and needs, and decide if this is something that is necessary for you! It may cause hardships to others…but you want it. That's your free will right there! But you ignore that and decide based on someone else's advice, because decency demands it, because people say it's awful, you will fail to quit. No one could succeed that way! You don't understand what you're trying to do. With that as your background, how do you expect to make a promise to yourself? But the opposite way…there are risks there, too, of course. If you decide to take the action that best suits you, there will be people who won't understand…people will be saddened by your actions." -Yuko Ichihara

Hassan_Abdillah

Wayfarer
    Years
  • Help required: Microbiology

Hey awesome people ^^

Look Ive got a subject for my university: Microbiology. I do not have any knowledge as to what this is. I could use a brief intro if any of you please. (semester starts months later so still got time for a basic education)

Also, in High School my Biology was my weakest subject. So at a basic level, many things arent clear to me. To cope with undergrad microbiology education, what parts of high school biology would you suggest I go back and study? I.e. Cell structure etc?

Cheers ^_^

Years
  • Hey awesome people ^^

Look Ive got a subject for my university: Microbiology. I do not have any knowledge as to what this is. I could use a brief intro if any of you please. (semester starts months later so still got time for a basic education)

Also, in High School my Biology was my weakest subject. So at a basic level, many things arent clear to me. To cope with undergrad microbiology education, what parts of high school biology would you suggest I go back and study? I.e. Cell structure etc?

Cheers ^_^

Microbiology sounds like it deals with microorganisms. Cell structure would probably help some, but I think reviewing viruses, bacteria, and microbes and the like would probably help considerably more, since those are all microorganisms.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I freaking hate elitist people, and they seem to pop up everywhere I go.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hi.
    So, there's this girl I've liked back since October. I told her I liked her, and she thought I was sweet but didn't really feel the same seeing as she didn't really know me very well.
    As time wore on, she told me she liked me, but also some other guy. I liked her, still, and another girl. I decided that I liked her more than the other girl.
    She decided she liked the other guy more than me. I did ask her to choose though, because I didn't want false hope. We kinda argued, but then made up.
    She broke up with her boyfriend, due to numerous reasons.
    I told her I liked her again, but she didn't particualarly respond, mainly because she'd just split up with her BF.
    And now she's told me she's going to college on Monday, and dropping out of sixth form. Because I'm an emotional wreck I feel so down about it, and actually want to cry... I think I need to tell her how I feel about her.. again.. because I think she may feel the same. I know it sounds stupid seeing how many times I've told her that I like her, but I've got to try once more I guess...

Years
  • Hi JackGamer.

Well, you must understand that it is a tough time for her and she might need her space. I guess it depends on what she is like. She might not like being told constantly but then again, she might like her space.

Is she moving away or is she still living in the same place, but just going to a different college?​

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    She quite likes the way I am with her, she says it shows I care.

And, she's living in the same area, just going to a different college. Sounds stupid I know, but I'm not very good at controlling my emotions..

Years
  • Well, all is not lost. At least she isn't moving away.

One thing that might be good is to take her out, not like a date, but more to show that you are there. Get her mind off things. Go for a nice walk or somewhere she likes. Might help clear her thoughts, and if you think it is the right time, then maybe discuss how you feel. Just don't force it on her.​

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Okay. So it's been a really weird night for me. I was on facebook talking to a guy that graduated from my high school in 2010. So we're talking and he said that I was sexy. So after a conversation, iunno what to do. Like I always thought he was hot and all, but I never thought this would ever happen.

Years
  • Okay. So it's been a really weird night for me. I was on facebook talking to a guy that graduated from my high school in 2010. So we're talking and he said that I was sexy. So after a conversation, iunno what to do. Like I always thought he was hot and all, but I never thought this would ever happen.

Never thought what would happen?
    From the sounds of it, it just sounds like you were talking, not a big deal, is it?​

Shiny

Years
  • I never thought he'd like, be into me or anything like that.

And the conversation was about him being bi and curious and him being into me and such.

Years
  • I never thought he'd like, be into me or anything like that.

And the conversation was about him being bi and curious and him being into me and such.

Oh, ok. Well, is there any reason for him opening up to you like that? Have you spoke a lot? He might be trying to get your attention?​

Shiny

Years
  • We've been at the same school for four years and we've talked every now and then, we had mutual friends. And by the sounds of it, he sounds like he wants me to help him figure out his sexuality : X

Years
  • We've been at the same school for four years and we've talked every now and then, we had mutual friends. And by the sounds of it, he sounds like he wants me to help him figure out his sexuality : X

Well, if you are friends then that would explain him confiding in you. Then he might well want you to help him and sort his head out.

Do you want to though?​

Years
  • I kind of want to. For some unkwown reason I'm hesitant...

Well, that is a normal reaction I guess. Since he has just suddenly blurted this out. I would advise you just to keep an eye on what he says. Try not to get too involved and just see where he goes with it. Give him your personal advice if he asks for it, but just see.

That is what I would do.​

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

o_o This instantly screamed out booty-call to me. Haha perhaps it was just the phrasing. I agree with what Captain Fabio says. There's no harm in just chatting away. If he's genuinely interested, he's not going to suddenly change his mind because you didn't jump for him right away. Just be honest with yourself, and do what YOU want, don't do things just for not wanting to miss an opportunity, because you might regret them. Because you want this to be a RELATIONSHIP, right? Not just him using you for fun or to figure himself out, because that might end up hurting you. But if you want that, too, just make sure you've decided what you expect out of him. You don't have to say it right away or anything but just keep it in mind for now.
    Just take it slow and easy and try to make your feelings clear and heard. Don't jump into things. Captain Fabio gives some good advice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back