• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Procrastinators club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The Procrastinator's club

The Procrastinator's Club

Procrastination is the deferment or avoidance of an action or task which requires completion by focusing on some other action or task. For the person procrastinating this may result in stress, a sense of guilt, the loss of productivity, the creation of crisis, and the chagrin of others for not fulfilling one's responsibilities or commitments. While it is normal for individuals to procrastinate to some degree, it becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning. Chronic procrastination may be a sign of an underlying psychological or physiological disorder.

The word itself comes from the Latin word procrastinatus: pro- (forward) and crastinus (of tomorrow). The term's first known appearance was in the 17th century, during a sermon by a Reverend Anthoney Walker on procrastination. The sermon reflected procrastination's connection at the time to task avoidance or delay, volition or will, and sin.

From Wikipedia.com

The Creed
    1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
    2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
    3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
    4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
    5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
    6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
    7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.
    8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.
    9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
    10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
    11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
    12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.
    13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.
    14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.

Well, I've been putting this off for a while now (:P), but I think we need a place to discuss how much we procrastinate. Like I myself procrastinate from school work and even sleeping ... mostly due to PC.

So come here and talk about it. We could discuss how, when and why we procrastinate ... or we could put it off till tomorrow.

Members
    [ray.z] [Supreme owner]

Jae-kun
    pokejungle
    drummershuff
    ×× Nica ××
    Darkralts7
    Katsu Koneko
    MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon
    Chuchino
    Sarah
    Samurai X
    fallen_natsumixx
    Seventh Petal
    .:Teresa:.
    tyranitar 3000
    The Black Hedgehog
    Aqua Dream
    Killer-Swift
    pinecone570
    Natsuki
    Beserk
    MegaFuz
    Yuna-chan
    Fly High
    blackhaert
    Crystal Clair
    Bohemian Rhapsody (x2 XDD)
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~
    Akio123
    top8inU.S.A.

Banners:: Feel free to place them in your sig, and remember to link to the club.

The Procrastinators club

Contributed by Katsu Koneko

The Procrastinators club

Contributed by simpsonqueen

Last edited:

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Joined! You know I was destined for this club! XD So then, what should we discuss? Methods? XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Because I don't want to do my homework, guess I'm better off joining this club.

8D

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Good, I guess the professionals of the practise are here XD Damn, the only reason I'm on PC right now is because I'm pretending to do homework that requires the internet XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ..With all teh time I spend in MCG..Im suprised I wasnt first to join Oh well, so yeah Im joining, because I ish really lazy XD

<3 Nica--...

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Welcome!

Prime method of choice: The computer! which allows me to participate in ...
    • Spriting
    • Watching anime
    • Reading manga
    • Watching movies
    • Listening to music
    • General browsing of the net
    • Refresshing the DCC page ^^;;
    Yourself?

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Spriting
    Watching anime
    Reading manga
    Watching movies
    Listening to music
    General browsing of the net

Refresshing the DCC page ^^;;
    Shut up XDDDDDDDD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm a Master of Procrastination. *giggle-laugh*

I should get off the computer and do something buuuuuut...

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I'm a Master of Procrastination. *giggle-laugh*

I should get off the computer and do something buuuuuut...

Hey, show-off XD I'm not a "master", just a lazy arse that can't find the motivation to stop being an internet-dependent procrastinator.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I ish teh Queen of lazy..teh rest of yous are prolly just kings..since Im too lazy to bother asking everyone whether they would be teh kings or not.

<3 Nica--Ish too lazy to post anywhere else

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Hmmm... you know, this could really turn out to be very, VERY popular thread... but then again, some people might not be bothered XDDDDDDDD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would think it would be popular but Im too lazy to stop thinking about teh Vegimite to think about this thread. But I ish too lazy to get off here though Im meant to.

<3 Nica--Still likes her vegimite

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hmmm, well I think the thought of having an active thread about procastination is the ultimate paradox.

Oh, and I've read an Archie comic about them starting a procastination club ^^ It'd be cool if I could scan it up.

And wat is the deal with that "<3 Nico" thing of yours simpsonqueen?

Anywho, I've just started school again, and I hoped that I would focus more on work ... I guess not :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    hahaha, guess I couldn't tell if it was an a.

Wellz, is there anyother ways besides that people like to procrastinate other than staying on the computer and ... thinking about vegimite ... ???

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    hehe, I wanna get a DS. But that would require me actually getting ready to go to the shops, getting the money to purchase one and so on.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    XD, Yeah I only type Nica because Im too lazy to type my username, IOW Its my nickname. I would play Nintendo DS But it takes too much effort to get it out of teh bottom of my heavy school bag.

<3 Nica--Yeah it's an a, not an o XDD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Oh heavy school bags! Mine's heavy as well, cause in my opinion it takes too much time to go to my locker and store my books there ... I'd rather spend it eating and talking.

That and I've forgotten my combination :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back