• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • A new perspective I hadn't thought of until this morning:

Making Groudon Ground/Fire would make it 4x weak to Water, giving Kyogre a HUGE advantage. There would have to be a counteracting move to balance it out if you ask me for the sake of the Land vs. Sea element to hold some weight.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hm, yeah, that would make it pretty weak against Kyogre, wouldn't it? Well, to fix that, perhaps they could make Kyogre part ice-type? That way, Kyogre would be weak against most of Groudon's fire-type attacks in-return, which would balance things out, sort of. :]

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Name: Fana
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon:
    038.png
    229.png

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:
    I've just really liked them since the very beginning. I feel like they're feisty and powerful and would be nice companions on a cold winter's night. :P

Should we include Groudon as a Fire-type?
    Legitimately, until this very moment I didn't know (or had forgotten) that Groudon wasn't Fire type as well as Ground.

Mind = blown.

But anyways, to answer the question, I feel like it should be considered a Fire type. When I think Groudon I conjure images in my head of volcanos so I feel that the Fire just needs to be there.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Name: Fana
    038.png
    229.png

I've just really liked them since the very beginning. I feel like they're feisty and powerful and would be nice companions on a cold winter's night. :P

Legitimately, until this very moment I didn't know (or had forgotten) that Groudon wasn't Fire type as well as Ground.

Mind = blown.

But anyways, to answer the question, I feel like it should be considered a Fire type. When I think Groudon I conjure images in my head of volcanos so I feel that the Fire just needs to be there.
    welcome to the club, Fana! :)

yup obviously imo.....when i first saw Groudon i thought it was a fire type tbh so it definetly should be a fire type

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Fana
    038.png
    229.png

Mind = blown.

Welcome! Winter's night? Heck, it ranges from 10-20F around here nowadays when it's normally 30-45, so I'd have one at all times now. Definitely agree with the feisty and powerful part too.

Also it seems that the general consensus for Groudon is yes, so I'll go ahead and add it to the list.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't think they should add fire to Groudon's type as like other have said it would be weaker than it is now.

Groudon's already got quite a ton of fire attacks in its arsenal, though, like I said in my previous posts. If they do decide to add fire as one of its typing, it'd be gaining STAB in all of those, which is a definite plus. :P

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Heck, it ranges from 10-20F around here nowadays when it's normally 30-45, so I'd have one at all times now.

Yikes, sounds chilly! I'm so glad I live somewhere that it rarely goes below 0 (32 Farenheit).
    Yes, a fire pokemon would be a great companion where you live. :P

I think it would be awesome to finally get the STAB on all the fire attacks Groudon learned, if they added Fire to its typing. That's probably why I thought it was fire all along, those darned fire attacks tricked me. :P

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Yeah, as much as 4x weakness would be a pain, it still would absolutely wreck house with the boost to its already great Firepower.

Also, the chilly isn't as much of a problem as the 10-15 inches of snow that we're getting today. Go, Charizard! Melt all of this stuff...bah.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, this gives me another topic idea! To melt snow away as fast as possible, which fire-type would think do the job best? Remember, this has to be done fast, so the Pokémon needs to be strong and extremely speedy. Try not to use legendaries. :p

Wicked3DS

Years
  • To melt snow away as fast as possible, which fire-type would think do the job best?

This is an awesome topic! I'm going with Talonflame as it is the fastest Fire-type there is, plus it can fly, giving it the best view and ability to cover a lot of ground.

Or you could just get Camerupt to use Eruption :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Camerupt is actually quite slow, though, so I would imagine it to take some decent amount of time before it actually starts erupting. xD" As for Talonflame, I totally agree--it could do the job pretty well. Another would be Blaziken, because, well, it's got Speed Boost. Due to that, the more occupied it is, the faster it'll become. Within only ten minutes, it could be out-speeding many legendaries.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Camerupt may not be fast, but it would do the job in one fell swoop. And yes, Blaziken would be awesome once it got going.

By the way, does anyone know if I can remove the poll since I don't really need it anymore?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ah, yeah; once it's got lava erupting, it would melt snow in an instant. It'd be causing some major havoc on its way out, though. Anyway, besides that, I think another Pokémon could be Volcarona. By using Heat Wave, all snow would be gone an a blink of an eye.

Also, you could try asking either Olli or an s-mod to remove that poll for you, Wicked. ^^"

Fairytale1515

Go To Sleep~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Hi, could I join? ~(^.^)~

Name: Fairytale.

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon:Arcanine and Chandelure~

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I've always loved fire. When I was younger, apparently I would always want to light up candles and watch the fire moving. So when I first started playing Pokemon, I was just kinda drawn to to the fire types. Not only do they look cool, most of their moves are relatively strong. So, yeah. :3

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • Name: VyNk
    Pick 2 Fire-type Partner Pokémon:
    Growlithe & Charmander (Both Shall Evolve)
    Reason(s) For liking Fire-Type Pokèmons:

Its Natural! yeah you heard it right! I always loved Fire-typed (Though Wind is the strongest element) I just Simply can't explain, Born to Burn!!

To melt snow away as fast as possible, which fire-type would think do the job best?
    Mmm.... Fire Blast? Flamethrower!?

Last edited:

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • i would say a charizard he awesome or a tyflosion both got a nasty heatwave cuz of special attack and they got speed also imagine a charizard flying round the hood using heatwave or a tyflision using eruption on the sidewalk

Last edited:
    Back