• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    To melt snow away as fast as possible, which fire-type would think do the job best?
    Anything with flame body or magma armor. So probably a talonflame, since it's pretty quick.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • To melt snow away as fast as possible, which fire-type would think do the job best?

I feel like Rapidash would be pretty good for this job, it's got flames coming off of it's body so it could just gallop up and down where the snow is and melt it nice and quickly. :P

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Hi, could I join? ~(^.^)~

Name: Fairytale.

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon:Arcanine and Chandelure~

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I've always loved fire. When I was younger, apparently I would always want to light up candles and watch the fire moving. So when I first started playing Pokemon, I was just kinda drawn to to the fire types. Not only do they look cool, most of their moves are relatively strong. So, yeah. :3

Welcome! Playing with candles at a young age explains the choice of Chandelure :P

Name: VyNk
    Pick 2 Fire-type Partner Pokémon:
    Growlithe & Charmander (Both Shall Evolve)
    Reason(s) For liking Fire-Type Pokèmons:

Its Natural! yeah you heard it right! I always loved Fire-typed (Though Wind is the strongest element) I just Simply can't explain, Born to Burn!!

To melt snow away as fast as possible, which fire-type would think do the job best?
    Mmm.... Fire Blast? Flamethrower!?

Welcome! Born to Burn, I like it! Also the question was for which Pokémon, not which attack.

Fairytale1515

Go To Sleep~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014

I would have to say Moltres, because the bird basically has fire everywhere, so snow would melt faster in my opinion. :3

Years
  • Name: Saphyre
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Arcanine and Charizard!
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire is a classic element, and can be used to symbolize many things. My favorite mythical creatures are fire based (dragon and phoenix), and I can be called a slight pyromaniac. :3

Though it's not one of my favorite types, I would say Magmar. According to Bulbapedia, it's body temperature is about 2,200°F. The only problem Magmar, though, is that it is sluggish in cold temperatures. So if you're just clearing away snow from, say, a street Magmar could work. All it would need to do is walk down the street, and it's body heat would take care of the snow. Just be careful you're not too close, I guess! Lol.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Saphyre
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Arcanine and Charizard!
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire is a classic element, and can be used to symbolize many things. My favorite mythical creatures are fire based (dragon and phoenix), and I can be called a slight pyromaniac. :3

Though it's not one of my favorite types, I would say Magmar. According to Bulbapedia, it's body temperature is about 2,200°F. The only problem Magmar, though, is that it is sluggish in cold temperatures. So if you're just clearing away snow from, say, a street Magmar could work. All it would need to do is walk down the street, and it's body heat would take care of the snow. Just be careful you're not too close, I guess! Lol.

Welcome! Dragons and Phoenixes, can't argue with that. Magmar is an interesting one, but if it moves slow in cold, I think I'd pass on it, then again, most of them probably would be a bit slower in the cold.

Years
  • Apparently, Magmar is supposed to be cold blooded (sometimes I wonder where Bulbapedia get's all this information...was that in the Pokedex?) and that's the reason for its slow speed in the cold. I could imagine any reptilian Pokemon being the same; so with that in mind, a more mammalial Pokemon might be better. I know I saw someone say Rapidash...Arcanine, Ninetales?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It looks like it says similar to cold-blooded animals, but not actually cold-blooded itself. That would be strange anyhow, considering its body temperature. Anywho, Arcanine would be a great choice because of Extremespeed, so it could get around pretty well.

Years
  • That's true - ExtremeSpeed could help. If you go by the anime, it looks like Arcanine can jump fairly high, too.

Though, I think another good choice could be a Fire/Flying type, for their mobility as well. Especially if you want to reach somewhere high.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I originally mentioned Talonflame, which is actually the fastest Fire-type in the games as well. It would probably do the job extremely well. Fairytale mentioned Moltres a little while ago, which would be an awesome choice (I'm also biased, it's my favorite legendary :P )

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Ho-Oh could work, for fire and for decoration, lol.

So I caught a Ho-oh the other day, but I just made it stay on the lawn for everyone to look at...

:P

Ohh? So I would say Moltres or magmar...

Anyway am i in? i guess, so i'll Add My Pyromancer banner!

Yup, you are certainly in.

How about a new topic?

If you had a Fire-type only team of at least three Pokémon, what Pokémon would you use and what moves would you give them?

You don't have to go crazy if you don't feel like going through all the movesets, but I'm curious to see what ideas you guys come up with.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you had a Fire-type only team of at least three Pokémon, what Pokémon would you use and what moves would you give them?
    It'd consist of Talonflame, Heatran, and Ninetales. Ninetales would be the lead, and its moveset would consist of Fire Blast, Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp, and Solar Beam; Heatran would know Lava Plume, Protect, Roar, and Toxic; and Talonflame's moves would be Roost, Brave Bird, Swords Dance, and U-Turn. I've used all these Pokémon before, and they perform pretty amazingly. n_n"

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'd have to go with Blaziken, Charizard, volcarona, Typhlosion, and pyroar. Moves very.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • If you had a Fire-type only team of at least three Pokémon, what Pokémon would you use and what moves would you give them?

Ninetales - Will-o-Wisp, Flamethrower, Rest, Sleeptalk (Defensive Ninetales is so much fun and I love switching in to Breloom's Spore with this set. :P)
    Houndoom - Dark Pulse, Solar Beam, Destiny Bond (LOVE this move on my Mega Houndoom, it's fantastic) and Fire Blast
    Talonflame - Roost, Brave Bird, Flare Blitz and maybe Swords Dance

I have a Ninetales and Mega Houndoom on my current team, thinking about adding a Volcarona.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • If you had a Fire-type only team of at least three Pokémon, what Pokémon would you use and what moves would you give them?

Arcanine - Extreme Speed, Fire Blast, Swords Dance, Slash?
    Typlosion - Flamethrower, Eruption, Lava Plume, Solar beam.
    Entei - Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Discharge, Giga Impact.

Fairytale1515

Go To Sleep~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014

Houndoom - Crunch, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Blast and Embargo.
    Typhlosion - Inferno, Flamethrower, Sunny Day and Return.
    Ninetales - Nasty Plot, Dream Eater, Flamethrower and Flame Charge.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years

Flareon- lave plume, protect,dig, double team
    Camrupt- Earthquake, Curse, Lava plume, sandstorm
    Magcargo- Recover, Earth power, flame thrower

Back