• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

What should be my starter? (Even if you're not participating,help a friend out)

• Total voters

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
    Years
    Name: Mrpopo1701
    Game: Emerald
    Additional rules: gift and event pokemon are not concidered enounters. I can catch a shiney if one appears, even if i have had the encounter before.

Hi everyone I'm starting a random nuzlocke of pokemon emerald and my starters are slugma, growithe, and suicune. O.o well what a start.
    I Picked suicune and named him Yami. I've never used a suicune before and this will be fun wish me luck. Next update will be at the first gym.

Update time :D

So on my way to Rustboro city I was very happy with my partner pokemon I cought.

The first was Sassy a kadabra i was very lucky and cought it in 2 pokeballs, very suprised it didnt teleport away. Next I cought a snubull named Brutus. Then Popeye the executor. Then shock the donphan in petalburg woods. Then on rought 116 I cought a gorebyss.
    After some grinding I fought the gym, Her first pokemon made me sad to fight it, it was a larvitar ( my favorite pokemon), but i ohko it no broblem with Yami. But the next pokemon I had alot of problems with, her ace was a grovyle. I had a lot of trouble with this grovyle. He almost killed Yami, Sassy, ad Brutus. eventually I had one choice luck. I decided to switch into Popeye when i knew it was going to use absorb. Unfortunately it critted popeye and brought him down to half hp. the next turn I used hypnosis but grovyle outsped popeye I thought i lost the game already. I was lucky enough to have popeye to survive with 7 hp and he had the hypnosis land. After that Used Yami's bite to faint grovyle. After that her snowrunt was easy to kill.
    My Team and Boxed
    Yami - suicune, level 13
    Sassy - kadabra, level 13
    Brutus - snubull, level 11
    popeye - executor, level 8
    Shock- -donphan, level 6
    Boxed Pokemon
    Clamps - gorebyss, level 6

Off to the next gym :D

Quick update Just wanted to say O.o. Rusturf is the legendary cave. In this cave you can find groudon, articuno, mewtwo, and cacturne. 3/4 are legendaries. Unfortunately I ran out of pokeballs while trying to catch groudon. oh well time to continue.

So I have just been powering through my Challenge today and got to the 2nd gym after some hard grinding. I usually had a hard time with Brawly so I wanted to have pokemon close to his ace. I got Yami, Sassy, and brutus to level 18 and Shock to to level 17. I had a breeze beating this gym. Brawly's pokemon were Remoraid, volpix, and his ace was a zigzagoon. I just about OHKO all of them with Yami. I also have a new team member, Kidna the sandshrew, im using him as a cut slave for now. Also it seems every cave I go into I find a legendary pokemon. In the cave near the gym I found level 7 moltres and grinded on then for a while. Ill keep posting every gym

Still working hard on the game :D

I beat the museum part no problem and had a breeze with my rival. I got two new members to the team a raichu named Chunk, and a dratini named Mar. I was scared for the battle with wally so I grinded just a little bit before i battled him just to get Chunk up to level. I had nothing to worry about wally has a level 16 caterpie in my game lol. So I Just jumped into the gym had a breeze getting through the trainers. Then to fiight the gym leader I put Yami up front. First he bring is an aron, easy. Then a tailow, no problem. Then he brings in a camerupt, okay not bad. Then his ace is a scisor. It scared me. He used agility, focus energy, then spamed false swipes, wait what? OKay I was waiting the entire battle for his fourth move but before he could use it I killed the scisor. Was a bit scared because my Yami had low Hp but this was easy. Onto the next gym!

Here to update again

So I cought some cool new team members :D. First off is Gumbo the tentacruel, Next is Woosh! the Latias ( again my this game likes legendarys in caves, found on fiey path), Next ispew the plusle and mana the ledian, I also cought Tyke the mantine and The Coon the kakuna ( I immediately evolved him with a rare candy since he was 21.) I put clamps in the daycare for some level and some moves. On my travel down the volcano Brutus finally evolved to a Granbull. Flanery gave me a scare. started off easy then made it a challenge. started with a shelder and a hoothoot. Then came a hipmonlee. I hate these things cuz in one of my randome nuzlockes it killed my starter in less than 10 minutes of starting it. I sent in sassy to take care of him but he took a hit and dished one back. He halfed health my sassy. Then flanery switched into an absol when i used a psychic move so no damage. I got scared to I switched into shock and he crited him into red hp. I had to switch into yami. When i switched he swords danced. This terrified me. I knew that if Yami dies then I might lose the locke. We both healed at the same time and he started a razor wind while i started a rain dance and bubble beamed him to death. I need to grind my other pokemon for the next gym.

My team
    Yami - suicune, level 28
    Chunk - raichu, level 23
    Mar, dratini, level 25
    Brutus, grandbull, level 25
    sassy, kadabra, level 24
    shock, donphan, level 22

Boxed
    Kidna - sandshrew, level 8
    popeye - exeggutor, level 9
    Gumbo - tentacruel, level 14
    Woosh - latias, level 15
    Pew - Plusle, level 16
    Mana - ledian, level 14
    Tyke - mantyne, level10
    The Coon - beedrill, level 22
    Gumby - grimer, level 5 (hatched from egg)
    and Clamps is in the daycare

Another update.

I decided to grind levels on my team because I didn't know if I could stand to Norman. While grinding I have had my first death while grinding :'(. Sassy has died to a gyarados today got thrash critted. So i decided to pick up Swoosh! as my new member and grinned all of my team to 30 except mar who is level 27. I took on Norman and his gym was annoying. he started with a flaffy and after a couple of hits with Shock he paralyzed me but I still beat it. Next was a buterfree, it took me at least 5-10 minutes to kill this thing it confused me and put shock to sleep. >:(. finally after I kill that stupid thing I had to face a golbat. again it kept confusing me and I almost lost shock. After a good couple of minutes I killed it wooo. I felt ripped of on norman's ace. His ace was a slaking. I was dumbfounded. The chances of that happening are slim to none, but that wasnt the end of if because shock was low i switched into Yami. He used amnisia. I decided to set up a rain dance while he slacked off. I used bubble beam and it did okay damage. When slaking was low he used slack off... then spammed amnesia again. Yami did no damage to this thing so I switched to brutus and after a couple of tackles I won the match. So glad that was over. One of the most times I spent in a gym.
    My team
    Yami - suicune, level 31
    Shock - donphan, level 30
    Chunk - raichu, level 30
    Brutus - grandbull, level 30
    Swoosh! - latias, level 30
    Mar - dratini, level 27
    Boxed
    Pew - Plusle, level 16
    Mana - ledian, level 14
    Tyke - mantyne, level10
    Gumby - grimer, level 5
    Clamps in the daycare
    Deaths
    Sassy - kadabra

After the Gym I decided to just rush twords the next gym but before I went I decided to hit the underground power plant to get another partner. First pokemon I spot was a gardevoir, I brougt it down and paralized it but it teleported away. :(. Next I found a Cloyster and named it Ragone. Then after that on the next route I found a shelder... okay game, I cought it and named it chowder. Then after the weather place I got the gift pokemon snubull... Game stahp. I dont have doups clause so I kept it and named him Little B. Dratini finally evolved into a Dragonair :D. The next route after the the flying gym I found an umbreon. SO excited about this partner. I named him Sooka. After that I went to the kecleon near steven and captured the caterpie that was hiding in its place. named him Mimi. Then after that I went to the kecleon on route 119. What was hiding there was a jinx. I tried to paralyze it with Mar then switch out but it crit snowpowder him and OHKO him. :,(. I had high hopes for mar but I killed him. I cought the jinx and named it evil. and killed all the other jinxes in the area that were hiding as kecleon.
    I went to the gym with 5 pokemon I didnt want to use any other pokemon at the moment. I swepted the trainers as usual and came to the leader. her pokemon were shuppet, gengar her ace, donphan, volbeat, and claydol. they were around the same level of my team and it was easy enough with my team. on to the next gym, still sad about mar :(.
    Team
    Brutus level 30
    Woosh! level 31
    Shock level 33
    Chunk level 31
    Yami level 34
    Box
    Pew - Plusle, level 16
    Mana - ledian, level 14
    Tyke - mantyne, level10
    Gumby - grimer, level 5
    Ragone - Cloyster, level 19
    Chowder - shelder, level 26
    Little B - snubbul, level 25
    Sooka - umbreon, level 25
    mimi - caterpie, level 30
    Evil - Jinx, level 30
    Clamps in the daycare
    Deaths
    Sassy the kadabra
    Mar the dragonair

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Just wanted to update i'm in Nacrene city, already battled N there if i'm not mistaken.
    Not anything special, just wanna keep this one alive.
    BTW Mrpopo DAMN you were on a roll!

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
    Years
    Update

So after the gym I did the all the team events and in the process I got a lot of new partners, I also picked up sooka from the box to add to my team for the loss of mar. Togetic named nami, Dustox names Mao, Dunsparce named derp, A bellossom named Bliss, Altaria named Maria, golduck named jewely, Walrein named cam, and a gengar named grin. all the pokemon I have obtained. sadly I got another death while I was fighting the team magma leader by a crit with crobat. Bye chunk the raichu, you were amazing. The new member of my party is Bliss, hopefully i can train him up to level soon still haven't done that. After many some hours of grindong on gaby and ty the reporters my almost everyone on my team is level 40 for the gym. The gym leaders were pretty easy with the duo team of Yami and Whoosh!, her pokemon were venasour, Pinsir, and their aces were linoone and Piloswine. Nobody was at risk in this gym luckily.

Spoiler:

So another update.
    So after I beat the gym I did all the normal events including the space station, the team aqua event, and the legendary part ( my favorite par of pokemon visualy,) I cought some more pokemon on my quest. Togetic (again) named Mimi2.0, Toad the lotad, Poliswag the Poliwhirl, Aurora the Azurill, Grub the tentacool, Aero the Vibrava, Then for the legendary for the game I got Uber Fish the baroach. Then for the gym I fought an Unknown, a Mr.mime, a Claydol (ace,) a Magmar, and a laron. The gym was a breeze.

Team
    Spoiler:

Boxed
    Spoiler:

Deaths
    Spoiler:

Now I have to grind for the E4.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    OH how you doing? Lemme update my game for ya guys!
    -Finished all them gym trainers.
    I'm coming into this underleveled as ♥♥♥♥, but my pokemanz wreck house man :D
    -Damn, Lenora had a Dousion and a Palpitoed, that ♥♥♥♥ was a breeze! Got 2nd badge!
    -Caught a misdreavus in Pinwheel forest and called him Lambert. No idea why.

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
    Years
    A quick update as I am going through victory road, Sooka my umbreon has died to a groudon's crit earthquake. I need help deciding someone to replace sooka. :'(. My box will be bellow and Just PM me how you want me to take along and I will decide in a day. I'll just grind until level 55 for all my pokemon. There is one pokemon who I wish not to use though and that is evil for killing my Mar. please help and thanks.
    Boxed
    Spoiler:

Deaths
    Spoiler:

My partner has been chosen, The pokemon who will follow me to the E4 is kidna the sandshrew
    Okay after some hours of grinding I have my team ready for the E4.
    My team is:
    Whoosh! - Latias, level 56
    Yami - suicune, level 56
    Shock - donphan, level 58
    Bliss - bellossom, level 55
    Kidna - sandslash, level 55
    and
    Brutus - Granbull, level 55
    I will post pictures as I beat the E4.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Would it be all right if I did this challenge using the Pokemon Randomiser 1.3.2 instead, because I have a Fire Red version with the 649 Pokemon patch on it that I want to try?

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    Would it be all right if I did this challenge using the Pokemon Randomiser 1.3.2 instead, because I have a Fire Red version with the 649 Pokemon patch on it that I want to try?

I would allow it but i can't because some of the instructions to randomize i gave were only added at later patches, so i'm afraid you must use the version i gave.

Years
    Completed my Blaze Black randomizer nuzlocke and I have to say that this was the most painful run for me - Most of my pokemon died to crits and I ended up with two boxes of dead pokemon .-.

Either way, here is the hall of fame screenshot although my computer was freezing everytime I took screenshot so I couldn't take the pictures of my pokemon on the hall of fame D:

Most painful deaths for me were: Roserade (Rossi) - I got him pretty early (I believe that it was before the first gym) and he was with me all the way to the last gym - and he died to a stupid crit >_<

I also never thought that I'd get to love Weezing - He was poisoning stuff all over the place! And the skuntank - He killed one of my pokemon few days ago in my platinum nuzlocke so I hated him - but than I got one in this run and he was such a monster ... Until he died to crit alongside with weezing and they both died in the same battle! D:

Here is the screenshot:

Spoiler:

And yes I know that I used two legendaries on my team but all I had left in my pc was a bunch of fragile normal types with awful movesets D:

Here is the final team:

The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

Legend|Genderless|Hasty Nature|Pressure|Lvl 100|@Scope Lens
    Earth Power
    Aura Sphere
    Shadow Claw
    Shadow Force
    Since giratina is my second favourite legendary right behind mewtwo I had no problems using it + I really like it's typing :3

Mimi|Female|Careful Nature|Keen Eye|Lvl 100
    Strength
    Baton Pass
    Slam
    Zen Headbutt
    Sadly, I got her pretty late in the post game so she didn't really get a chance to shine+ I didn't find too many good TMs to help my team during the game so I couldn't really make anything with her moveset D:

Ray|Genderless|Timid Nature|Air Lock|Lvl 100|@Metronome
    Ancient Power
    Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Fly
    The only reason why it ended up on my team was because I needed something that could fly and I had absolutely nothing to use in my boxes D:

Leo|Male|Docile Nature|Solid Rock|Lvl 100|@Wise Glasses
    Hydro Pump
    Surf
    Rock Slide
    Waterfall

Drake|Male|Lonely Nature|Sheer Force|Lvl 100|@Rocky Helmet
    Outrage
    Dragon Tail
    Rock Climb
    Superpower​

New sign-up:

Username: AoTora
    Game: Black 2
    Additional Rules: Must nickname everything, shiny clause and dupes clause are on.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    Hello hello hello guys, It's yar favorite fossil right here!
    Just a quick update because i feel i'm getting rather bored with not doing updates to my challenge!
    -Ra, my Solrock, died to a very very special double team effort by a Dratini and a Ditto. R.I.P Ra.
    -Got the skeleton back.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    All right, let's try this with a different game

Username: phantomness
    Game: Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends
    Additional Rules: No duplicates, must nickname all Pokemon

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    All right, let's try this with a different game

Username: phantomness
    Game: Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends
    Additional Rules: No duplicates, must nickname all Pokemon

Is this the Ruby Destiny that is main-game themed and not Mystery-Dungeon themed?
    If so then i'll put you on the list.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    Great! More people! I'm glad. Now, those main pokemon games who're always the same and end the same way are starting to bore me. So i did what everyone would do: Downloaded Pokemon Zeta, i'm gonna do this instead of my other game.
    All of the nicknames are gonna be just the regular named backwards because i'm lazy. I wish i could do 3D graphics but i can't seem to understand how to put them in...
    DAMN IT! It's harder than i though, i failed the challenge at the very fist route after Camper Aiden had a Samurott...
    STARTED AGAIN~I wish we could skip the start...but you can't.
    -Name: Idan, Boy.
    -Starters: Shroomish, Staravia, Escavalier.
    -Chose: Escavalier, named her Reilavacse.
    -Got pokeballs, finished escape route stuff and took Hawlucha (mystery gift) out of Zarivar (think thats the spelling) town. He is lvl.5 and apparently had or has Pokerus.
    -LOL loser swag rival got a Bellsprout, man i got Hawlucha and Escavalier! Gtfo
    -Defeated Camper Aiden.
    -Caught a Slowbro and named him Orbwols. She has King's Rock HOLY ♥♥♥♥ the luck.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Started the game and named myself Zane. Found Professor Birch getting chased by a Poochyena and my choices were Omanyte, Omastar, and Seal. I chose Seal and nicknamed it Brisk. First Pokemon I could catch was an Aipom and I 1HKO'd it with headbutt. Caught a Gardeivoir on route 103 called Kendella. Trained Brisk and Kendella up to level 10 before continuing west. On route 103 my encounter was a Machamp I accidentely killed it forgetting physic was super effective. Route 104 my encounter was a Nidoqueen forgot physchic was super effective again putting Gardevoir in back of party shouldve never played while half asleep. Caught a Raichu called Michu in Petalburg Forest. Kendella solo'd the Rustboro gym. Kendella barely survived the gym fight living with only 7 HP left.
    Team
    Spoiler:

Gym Badges
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    Started the game and named myself Zane. Found Professor Birch getting chased by a Poochyena and my choices were Omanyte, Omastar, and Seal. I chose Seal and nicknamed it Brisk. First Pokemon I could catch was an Aipom and I 1HKO'd it with headbutt. Caught a Gardeivoir on route 103 called Kendella. Trained Brisk and Kendella up to level 10 before continuing west. On route 103 my encounter was a Machamp I accidentely killed it forgetting physic was super effective. Route 104 my encounter was a Nidoqueen forgot physchic was super effective again putting Gardevoir in back of party shouldve never played while half asleep. Caught a Raichu called Michu in Petalburg Forest. Kendella solo'd the Rustboro gym. Kendella barely survived the gym fight living with only 7 HP left.
    Team

Kendella lvl 14 |F|
    Confusion,Growl,Double Team,Teleport

Brisk lvl 12 |F|
    Headbutt,Growl

Michu lvl 12 |F|
    Thunderbolt,Thundershock,Quick Attack,Tail Whip

Nice start, got some good pokemon with ya, obviously talking about Gardevoir and Raichu, but yeah advice to you-NEVER and i mean never play pokemon while tired, it's like you're drunk. You're gonna miss stuff or make bad decisions and by the time you realise you are at the 5th gym with nothing but a Lunatone with no attacking moves.

EDIT: Gonna update the blind pokemon Zeta run.
    -Caught a Vileplume in Naragex forest, named her Emulpeliv. As it turns out later, i could've got a mother♥♥♥♥ing Braixen....! I really wish i'd find a 6th gen pokemon, hehe.
    -Arrived at Superior city.
    -Killed an Azurill at Wonder cave.
    -Did the Hypno side mission and got HM04 Strength, and also found TM70 Flash at the cave.
    -Finished cave business and went on to the gym.
    -Mother♥♥♥♥ing Devon had not 1, but 2 potions, and his Cacturne had a Sitrus berry...but i still beat him! 1\8 achieved!
    -On a side note, Vileplume is putting in work man, highest level on my team BY FAR, he is like 16 and the rest are at the 13-14 area.
    -Went on route 302, Deoxys sighted....have i caught it?
    -Nope. I put him to sleep, HP on red, threw 3 pokeballs and it shook twice. So i threw the greatball at him while he's still asleep. Still shook twice. Put him out of his misery and i'm still with 4 pokemon lol.
    -Hawlucha fainted to a MOTHER♥♥♥♥ING KYUREM....god damn it, death count 1...mystery gift hawlucha I LOVED YOU...R.I.M.F.P
    -Escavalier died to the SAME KYUREM. I am now down to 2 pokemon....R.I.P Reilavacse, one of the best starters i had, immunity to poison, puttin in all the work on them grass types...
    -I seriously get the ♥♥♥♥tiest encounters ever. Route 303, Feraligatr. No way i can catch that!
    -I WAS WRONG. I did. I had enough of the reverse names and just named him Jaws.
    -Caught a Pineco by fishing on route 304, named him Oren.
    -I had to sacrifice Jaws so that Orbwols could live...so R.I.P Jaws i guess.
    -I could get a charmander or a Cranidos...NOPE, you'll catch a feraligtr who'll die after one battle.
    -Strolled around, got into a battle, BOOM, ♥♥♥♥♥ got a keldeo. What's with all the legendaries?! And i really don't wanna lose this run, because they talk. A lot.
    -Rhydon i tried to catch on Midnight way died of poison.
    -Killed a Delibird at Midnight mansion exit.
    -♥♥♥♥ing swaggy rival decided to jump right when my pokemon are hurt and unhealed...
    -Kicked his ass, saved at Onega town.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    So I started the game and named myself Phantom, since I can't fit my full name. I needed to rescue Professor Birch, and out of the bag, there was Garchomp, Minun, and Kakuna. It really was a no-brainer to pick Garchomp and name him Ryuu.

On the first route I managed to catch a cute Cyndaquil and named him Fiery. Bug Forest amazingly had a Chikorita, who is now Leafy. Then in Snow Soft City I got a Totodile and named him Watery. I guess I've been pretty lucky so far, no deaths, although it was a close one when I fought Gym Leader Anthony, who unfortunately had a Magnezone. Ryuu didn't have any ground-type attacks and I wasn't expecting a Magnezone. Pretty much all of my four Pokemon had five HP or less when I finally beat him but everyone is still alive! On the Green Path, I caught a Sandslash named Leo, but I left him in the box... that's all for now!

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    So I started the game and named myself Phantom, since I can't fit my full name. I needed to rescue Professor Birch, and out of the bag, there was Garchomp, Minun, and Kakuna. It really was a no-brainer to pick Garchomp and name him Ryuu. On the first route I managed to catch a cute Cyndaquil and named him Fiery. Bug Forest amazingly had a Chikorita, who is now Leafy. Then in Snow Soft City I got a Totodile and named him Watery. I guess I've been pretty lucky so far, no deaths, although it was a close one when I fought Gym Leader Alex, who unfortunately had a Magnezone. Ryuu didn't have any ground-type attacks and I wasn't expecting a Magnezone. Pretty much all of my four Pokemon had five HP or less when I finally beat him but everyone is still alive! On the Green Path, I caught a Sandslash named Leo, but I left him in the box... that's all for now!

That starter luck though, Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile, damn dude.
    "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?" :D
    Goodluck, and i would suggest puttin that Sandslash back, just in case something happens. :)

Back