• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Return of the Sinnoh League

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Chad was completely relaxed. He had just started strumming on his acoustic and practicing some new lyrics that he'd thought of. The TV was on quietly in the background. Chad had just began the first chord and humming softly, when he happened to glance at the television for some odd reason. There was a guy on there, saying something about some Pokemon. Chad cocked his head to the side and then set his guitar on the place beside him. He quickly turned up the volume, yet only caught the last half. Something about going to Sandgem Town for Pokemon and a journey. Chad shot up from the couch immediately.

Faster than he had ever done before, Chad began to tidy up his room. Well, actually he was more or less shoving clothes and important items into a backpack. He ran back to his couch, grabbed his guitar, and then fumbled back to his room. His case was lying open on his bed, so Chad set the guitar down carefully, closed the case, and then zipped it shut. He checked around his room, and then pocketed his tuner just in case. Then he was about to leave, when he realized something. He hadn't exactly gotten out of his pajamas that day. Chad scratched the back of his head sheepishly. It looked like he was going to take just a bit longer than he had originally planned. Sighing, Chad set down his things and then headed to his bathroom.

It didn't take him more than fifteen minutes. He didn't even bother with his damp curls. Instead, he just threw on a white T-shirt, one of his old hoodies, holy jeans, and began to tug on his socks. He had just finished lacing up his Converse when there was a knock on his bedroom door. He glanced up, knowing that it would be one of his parents. Most likely his mother, anyway. Chad sighed, moved his hands away from his shoe. Without answering the door he slipped his backpack over his shoulder and picked up his guitar case. Then he slipped said case over his shoulder as well, and went to the door.

"...Chad?" It was his mom.

Chad sighed. With his mom, things would take a lot longer than if it had been his dad. He then began to explain everything he had seen on the commercial. His mother frowned and soon grew teary-eyed, but Chad wasn't going to change his decision. In the end, his mother handed him a Pokeball. Chad's eyebrow raised. She motioned for him to follow her, so he did. They walked out in front of the house. Chad shifted from one foot to the other, feeling a bit awkward. He had never really felt comfortable around his parents anyway.

"Take Pidgeot. She'll fly you there and come home when you're done," his mother explained, avoiding his eyes. Chad nodded curtly, and waited. She plucked the Pokeball back from his grasp, and then summoned the bird. "Good luck. I'll give your father your love."

Chad grunted and kicked at the dirt, not really knowing what else to do. He then offered her a half smile and walked towards the bird. Without glancing back at his mother, Chad hopped on and flew off. As he leaned his head against the Pokemon's back, he found that he was very happy. It wasn't like there was much for him to do at home anyway. Chad sighed, closed his eyes, and waited for the journey to Sandgem Town to be over.

It didn't take very long at all, and before he knew it Chad was being roused from his little nap. He lifted his head up and was pleased to see that they were flying lower. Chad yawned and stretched. He sat up and looked down on the town, and then pointed Pidgeot to what he assumed was the lab. The great bird swooped down in a quick dive, almost causing Chad to fall off, but at the last moment he grabbed onto Pidgeot's feathers and hung on. In a few seconds, they had stopped in front of the lab. Chad hopped off and patted the bird, thanking her for bringing him all the way. Chad then turned away and headed into the lab.

Chad knocked on the door and waited. He whistled softly to himself, and then a man appeared at the suddenly opened door. Chad blinked, vaguely wondering when the heck the door had opened, but grinned brightly to the guy. The apparent Professor nodded and motioned him on inside. Chad walked through the doorframe, glancing around at all of the stuff. There was another kid already there. Chad looked over his shoulder at the Professor curiously.

"Not everyone's here yet," the man explained.

"Mind if I sit?" Chad questioned.

"Go right ahead."

Chad plopped down in a fairly stiff armchair. He then set his stuff down and pulled out his guitar case. Not really caring if the other kid minded or not, Chad began to play random notes. Chad figured he needed to do something anyway, lest he become bored and try to have an awkward conversation with someone. He went on playing until most of the people were there, save for the very last. Then Chad shut away his guitar and stood up from the chair, moving over to be second in line to get his Pokemon. He shoved his hands into his pocket and rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet lightly. He began to whistle once more, but was soon interrupted when the door opened and a teal colored haired kid rushed in, followed by a panting brown haired one.

"Teal hair?" Chad grumbled. "That's either really cool, or..." he trailed off, and shrugged.

"Alright, I suppose we can begin now," the Professor said. "First come, first serve, I'm afraid," he explained. There was a groan from that teal haired kid. Chad snorted. "Now here we have our choices," the Professor went on. Five Pokemon walked through the room and in front of the Professor. Chad's eyes immediately went to the Jolteon, seeing as it was the only one he recognized.

He nearly whooped for joy when that first Maxi kid took Flareon. Chad smirked, and then said, "I want Jolteon." The spiky Pokemon perked up at its name and trotted over to him. Once again, the teal haired boy groaned. Chad crouched and grinned, lightly patting it on its head. "So...you seem to act like a girl," Chad whispered as the others chose. Jolteon's ears twitched. "Is that a yes?" The Pokemon yipped softly, so Chad decided that it was a yes. He stood back up with Jolteon sitting at his feet.

"Ah, right...here are your Pokedex's," the Professor said, handing them out down the line. Chad shoved his in his pocket, and felt rather anxious to leave once the Professor stated their journey was officially starting.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    @Bond Of Flame - I'm looking forward to seeing how Chad will fare in Sinnoh :)

Congratulations! Chad recieve a lv.5 female Jolteon!

Chad also recieved a Pokedex and some Pokeballs! (Unlimited)

EDIT: Okay, looks like three of you are ready to move on :D

Chapter Two: Route 202
    Number of posts: 2

A small route. However it is widely covered with grassy plains, and you may even find a few trainers too. To the north lies Jubilife City.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Pokemon on Route 202 -

Bidoof
    Type: Normal
    Level: 3-5
    Ability: Simple or Unaware
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl (lv.5)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Shinx

Type: Electric
    Ability: Intimidate or Rivalry
    Attacks: Tackle, Leer (lv.5)

Starly
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack (lv.5)

Kricketot
    Type: Bug
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Attacks: Growl, Bide
    Rarity: Uncommon

Sentret
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away or Keen Eye
    Attacks: Scratch, Foresight, Defense Curl (lv.4)
    Rarity: Rare

Remember, a good quality battle post is needed for rare captures.

Last edited:

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
    The path that lay ahead of Maxi was going to be tough and long but he was ready and full of excitement. After leaving the lab of Professor Alder, he decided to head to the Poke' Mart for some healing products for the journey ahead. He walked into the mart and looked along the mass of shelves and counters for potions and antidotes, not knowing what Pokemon that lay ahead.

"Will this be all for you?" the clerk asked kindly.

"Yes this is all," Maxi replied with a smile.

"Well with all first purchases, we include a special prize, a premier ball," the clerk said, reaching below the counter. He pulled out a silver ball with a red trim.

"Well thank you," Maxi stated as he put the newly bought items into his backpack.

He then walked out the sliding glass door and continued towards the path to Jubilife. As he made it to a sign that read Route 202, he decided to call out his newly recieved Flareon. As the flame Pokemon apperead, he stretched and shook, happy to be outside. The embers around his body flickered into the air like tiny fireflies.

"Hey Flareon, are you ready for the road ahead," Maxi said happily.

"Flar, flar, eon," he replied with a yip.

"So am I buddy," Maxi said confidently.

At that a Pokemon came flying out of the grass and slammed into Flareon. Flareon, caught off gaurd, slid to a halt a few feet from Maxi.

"What the....," Maxi exclaimed, as he whipped out his pokedex from his hoodie pocket.

"Shinx, the flash pokemon, the electonic voice said. Its forelegs have a muscled-based system of generating electricity, its body shines if endangered," it continued.

"So this is a Shinx, Maxi said as he glared down the blue, black, and yellow electric pokemon. Flareon, attack back with growl."

"FLAREON," he barked after Maxi's command.

The Shinx shuddered a bit as the chills went through his body and fur from the attack.

"Now tackle Flareon," Maxi continued quickly.

As he picked up speed, Flareon launched his body into the much smaller Shinx and in result, the flash pokemon was thrown backwards, into the air. After a few sumersaults through the air, SHinx regained composure and landed on his feet. He was in a bit of pain but shook it off and prepared his next attack.

"Wow, tough little guy isn't he Flareon, he stated with a smirk. But we're stronger, use another tackle."

As Flareon began running towards Shinx, it too began running at Flareon, full speed.

"This may not turn out good," Maxi said to himself. "Flareon, roll to the left and then use a final tackle from behind."

Flareon obeyed, rolling his body to the left, his fur cindering the grass below him. He then charged at the Shinx and again it was thrown into the air. It landed with a thud and slid across the dusty road, and did not move. At that, Maxi took a pokeball from his pack and tossed it at the flash pokemon. It collided with the Shinx and burst into a flash of red. As the ball landed on the ground, it began to rotate back and forth. Maxi anticipated the result, excitedly.

Zeph.

Years
    @IceDragon - Ah go on, it's my Birthday - I'm feeling nice :P But battles will need to be considerably longer in future okay?

Congratulations! Maxi caught a lv. 3 male Shinx! Give it a nickname? (Reply in OOC Thread when it goes up :P)

Congratulations! Flareon grew to lv. 6!

*Note - Even if you make a capture, the pokemon you used to battle will gain exp, however it will only be one level. Makes sense when you think about it :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ((Short, I know, but I'm exhausted and can't think of anything else))

Sora likes boats. Sora liked boats a lot. There was clean air, soothing movements, lots to see and sky everywhere!Therefore it should be understandable that Sora was quite let down when the time came for her to get off of the boat and onto the main land.

It had definitely been quite a day for Sora. This morning she had still been sitting on the couch, eating potato chips that she had robbed from the pantry and watching some show on the telly, pretty much just zapping through channels. Then this commercial had come up, totally out of the blue!

The commercial had said that Pokémon were being offered in Sinnoh right now, and not just any Pokémon, but full-blown Eeveelutions! It had taken some convincing, and some more nagging, for her parents to say yes, but then she was off. Her. Sora Hanson! To Sinnoh!

Within not time she found herself on a boat. Travelling toward Sinnoh in the open air, sea all around her, it was blissful and amazing! She was reluctant to let it go, but alas, she had little choice.

Now Sora found herself in a little town called Sandgem town, the area was completely unfamiliar to her and she felt very out of place. After a bit of asking around she found the way to the Pokémon Laboratory of Professor Alden. A bell rang as she opened the door, within seconds a strange man stood before her. He was obviously the Professor, who else would wear such a coat?!

"Hello there," he said with a great smile. "I suppose you are here to receive your first Pokémon, no?" She nodded and he directed her to a table with only two more Pokéball on it. "I'm afraid that three others have already claimed a creature, but you have choice out of two."

"So which ones are they?" Sora asked curiously, resisting the urge to poke the balls.

"One if Espeon, a psychic type. The other is Espeon's twin, Umbreon, who is a dark type," Professor Alden explained, leaving Sora with the difficult decision of which one.

"I'll take this one!" Sora declared before picking a random ball. She'd just see what was in it.

"Great choice! You chose Umbreon. She's a young one, but she should prove to be good in battle with plenty of energy." Sora nodded to Alder's words, waiting for him to get on with it. "Now, I suppose I should give you your Pokéball," he handed her a bunch of red and white balls. "And your Pokédex, which is used to gain info on whoever you are facing." And he gave her a pink mechanical device. "Now you're all set, I would advise you to get going now! Good luck!"

"Thank you professor," Sora said with a polite bow. "I shall take good care of Umbreon!" And with that Sora was off.

Zeph.

Years
    @Swan - Sora seemed to enjoy her 'cruise' then :P And Umbreon's male btw:)

Congratulations! Sora recieved a lv.5 male Umbreon!

Sora also recieved a Pokedex and Pokeballs! (Unlimited)

(My 600th post w00t!)

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Jason happily jumped from fallen leaf to fallen leaf as he made his way across the first route, Vaporeon following behind with a bemused look. "When I'm out walking I strut my stuff!" Jason sang with each 'snap' of a twig. "And I'm so strung out I'm high as a kite I might just check you out!"

Vaporeon paused midstep and watched his trainer, webbed ears quivering. The good vibe coming from his trainer were absolutely amazing and Jason's happy... whatever it was he was doing was making Vaporeon's body quiver happily. "Por! Por! Poreon!" Vaporeon sang loudly, doing bold steps forwards.

Jason didn't even stop; he just turned his head and laughed at his pokemon. "Right on!" he said happily. "Singing is the best thing, even if your voice sucks!"

"Pooore!" Vaporeon purred, letting a happily giggle escape as he finally caught up to his trainer and rubbed against his leg.

Jason grinned, still completely amazed that he actually had a pokemon. Speaking of which, he would eventually have to call his father that he had a pokemon. He and his father just happened to be on a business trip and Jason, bored out of his mind and always wanting to be a trainer, leapt at the chance. Of course, his father was absolutely against it, so maybe he should wait until he made it to the next town. Get a head start in running away, ya know?

"Hey, Vaporeon," Jason whispered, eyes practically glowing with mischief. Vaporeon's webbed ears twitched and looked attentive. "We're runaways!" Jason was quite amused as the water type rolled his eyes. "No, really! My dad has no idea I'm doing this, so we might be on the run from an over the top father... maybe... I dunno. Hey, your skin feels really good!"

Vaporeon wasn't affected by his trainer's randomness, but he rather liked the feel of a firm hand running along his webbings and back. "Por."

Jason pet his pokemon carefully, getting a good feel of the water type. Vaporeon's skin actually felt like running water, whih probably meant attacks slipped easily off its skin, but its webbings along its back were very sharp, much to his surprise. They were tough, almost like a Sharpedo's tough. Vaporeon must use it to fight off anything that get's on his back or the current, much like his strong and agile tail. Jason pet the tail eagerly and played with the mermaid like fins, only to get an amused batting of the paw.

"Alright, alright," Jason chuckled before his eyes immediately shot to the side at the sound of some bushes moving. Vaporeon, hearing the sound as well, immediately stood in a stiff battle position, tail batting against the ground.

As the bushes moved one last time, a little gray bird hopped out. It had obviously been digging for worms, but upon coming across Jason and Vaporeon, it spread its wings and gave a shrill cry, obviously displeased to see two strangers in his hunting ground.
    "Starly!" it cried, and with a few beats of its wings, it lifted into the air and flew straight at the two.

"Sweet, our first battle!" Jason cried, already getting into what he assumed was a 'trainer's battle position'. "Go, Vaporeon, use... use...uh."

"Preon!" Vaporeon cried in disbelief as his trainer stumbled for words. He didn't have time to hear what his trainer was mumbling about, because the next thing he knew was that he was skidding a few feet back from a harsh Tackle from the small bird.

"Alright, alright, what are your attacks again?' Jason muttered angrily, actually pulling his hair as he realized he didn't know anything about his pokemon other than the fact that it looked cool. "Just... just use Scratch! That's a basic attack, right?"

Vaporeon hissed at Jason, completely unamused. Narrowing his eyes, Vaporeon leapt to the left, just as the Starly made another angry swoop at him. "Poo!" Vaporeon snarled, finally just deciding to wing it and Tackle the bird in the back as he tried to make a turn. "Preon!" Vaporeon growled, paws barely touching the ground as he almost glided as elegantly as he swam and jumped, webbed ears pulled back as his head made impact.

"Stttar!" the gray bird cried, beak wide and wings flapping anxiously as it tried to flap a good distance away. "Ly," it huffed. Flapping harder, the Starly dove once more at Vaporeon.

"That's it!" Jason called to his pokemon, and Vaporeon thought, by the tone of his trainer's voice, he knew what his attacks were. "Pound!"

"Pe!" Vaporeon choked, nearly tripping over his tail. In his distraction, Starly managed to land another hit, causing the water type to wince, but this time it was more in irritation than in pain.

Jason cursed. "Ok, hang on!" he told his pokemon, fumbling with his pokedex. "Keep doing what your doing and beat that Starly into the ground!"

Those orders he could deal with, but it would be better if his trainer actually knew what he was doing. Humans had better imagination in battles that a pokemon could ever hope for, so Vaporeon needed his trainer to learn how battle properly as soon as he could.

"Preon!" Vaporeon cried, charging at the Starly, meeting the bird head on as they both aimed a Tackle for each other. "Por!" Vaporeon snarled, paws digging into the ground as Starly flapped his wings, trying to stay in place as they both pushed each with their heads.

"Star!"

"Porr!"

Upon hearing the two cries, Jason looked up from his frantic searching and saw an opening. "Vaporeon, whack it with your tail!"

"Ve!?" Vaporeon yelled, obviously not understanding. Could his trainer not see that he was pushing this bird away with his head? He didn't have time to turn around!

"Just lift your tail over your head and slam it down on the stupid bird!" Jason yelled, getting a bit irritated that his pokemon wasn't getting it.

Vaporeon grumbled under his breath but did as he was told. Heaving, Vaporeon, with a quick thrust, quickly flipped his webbed tail over his whole body, lowering his own head so that the Starly actually fell forward with a startled cry, and slammed right into the birds face.

"Lyyy!" Starly cried, wings unable to flap properly and ended up bouncing right across the ground.

"Alright!" Jason cried, pokedex forgotten. "If it isn't Scratch or Pound, then it's gotta be Tackle!"

"Preoo!" Vaporeon cried happily, pleased that his trainer finally got one legit move right. "Preoo!" With a snarl, Vaporeon charged at the quivering Starly and slammed most of his body into the startled bird. "Por," Vaporeon said haughtily, feeling immensely pleased as he panted over the defeated pokemon.

His first battle, and he won!

Vaporeon could already hear his trainer's happy cry and before he knew it, he had been thrust into the air as Jason hugged him tightly. "You were great!" Jason said happily, petting his tired pokemon. "Next time we'll do better," he promised with a wry grin. "Next time I'll actually know the attacks."

"Prp," Vaporeon grunted, making it sound like 'You'd better'.

Jason could only grin as he made his way through the route once more.

Zeph.

Years
    @Wolfwhispers - Good battle :) Jason still has a lot to learn though dosen't he? :P

Congratulations! Vaporeon grew to lv.7!

Years
    Chad continued with his humming while he walked away from the laboratory. Jolteon was tucked away in her Pokeball, which Chad didn't mind too much. He did wish that he had someone or something to talk to, but whatever. He just amused himself with sucking his mind into music. He sort of wanted to play his guitar, but then again he didn't want some awesome wild Pokemon to pop out in front of him and then like kill his guitar when he couldn't get Jolteon out in time. So his improvising was humming. Chad had figured that humming would give him something to do, and it wouldn't hinder him incase something popped up.

He hadn't gone very far from town when he noticed something that was probably a little odd. There was a blue rock wiggling about in a pile of grey ones. Chad's head cocked to the side as he stared. Finally he walked over and crouched down next to the blue thing. It wiggled harder. Chad grabbed its sides and began to pull. Moments later he was sitting on his back, staring at the sky, with a little...thing on his chest.

"SHI!"

Chad blinked slowly, looking at the Shinx. It was glaring at him. "So I help you out of those rocks and all I get is a glare? That's not very nice," Chad grumbled. Shinx growled at him and then charged towards his face. Chad yelped and stood up. Shinx rolled off him and fell to the ground, but looked up and continued to glare. "Alright, I'll give you a battle. Seems like you're in desperate need of being shown who's boss around here," Chad grumbled. He pulled out Jolteon's Pokeball and then backed up and away from the Shinx. It stayed put, but continued to growl. Chad tossed Jolteon's Pokeball lightly, and it appeared in a flash of white light.

"Jol," she barked.

"Jolteon, this Shinx needs to be taught a lesson. Start with...uhm..." Chad trailed off. He fumbled trying to get his Pokedex out of his pocket, but once he did he got Jolteon's information quick. "Go for a tail whip! Then follow up with tackle!"

Too bad for Chad and Jolteon that Shinx was already charging. Jolteon managed to slip away from the tackle and then come around with her tail whip. Shinx winced, and that's when Jolteon charged in. Chad's eyes went very wide. Jolteon was fast. He had heard that Jolteon were fast, but it was almost...unbelievable. Chad smirked when Jolteon slammed into the slower Shinx, knocking it away and into some bushes. Shinx wasn't done yet. It popped back out of the bushes looking even angrier than before.

"Just watch out for another tackle Jolteon," Chad said. "But while you're doing that, you go in with your own tackle!"

Jolteon nodded sharply once. Then it sprang into action. Chad watched with satisfaction as Jolteon slammed into Shinx again. This time Shinx didn't go sprawling. Shinx took the attack, and looked even more determined than ever. Chad wasn't sure if that was exactly a good thing, because he didn't want Shinx going all psychotic on the offensive. Jolteon was about to go in again, when Shinx used a leer attack. Its eyes narrowed sharply in Jolteon's direction, and it began stalking closer. Chad crossed his arms and narrowed his own eyes at the Shinx, hoping Jolteon wouldn't get entranced.

"Jolteon use tackle!" Chad called sharply.

Jolteon tore her gaze away from Shinx and looked to Chad. She looked at him with a bit of fear in her eyes, but then Shinx slammed into her side and knocked her away. Chad glared at the Shinx and cursed under his breath. Shinx charged in again, but Jolteon managed to get up and leap away before the attack hit. Before Chad could say anything, Jolteon whipped around and charged back towards the Shinx. Shinx let out something akin to a roar and charged in as well. They slammed into each other, resulting in a rather nasty thud sound, and then it was silent. Chad didn't really want to look, but he did.

Jolteon was panting, but still standing. She shook herself, causing her spikes to quiver. Then she trotted over to him and sat down at his feet, looking up with a rather pleased expression on her face. Chad looked back where they had collided, and found that Shinx was slowly getting up. He almost told Jolteon to go finish the job, when Shinx suddenly bolted away. Chad looked down at his Pokemon and offered her a smile. Then he brought up her Pokeball and recalled her.

"This is going to be an interesting journey," Chad grumbled under his breath. He began to whistle this time as he walked towards the next destination.

Zeph.

Years
    @Bond Of Flame - Nice post. Chad seems impressed with Jolteon :)

Congratulations! Jolteon grew to lv.7!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    "Ok, if I press this button, I should get your... an Eevee's attack list," Jason sighed as he tapped at his pokedex. Dang, this was hard!

"Ppr," Vaporeon purred in amusement, licking a paw as he had his webbed tail wrapped around his front as he and his trainer sat under a tree. They were enjoying a small break, and finding this tree to cover them in shade was quite nice. Being a water type, Vaporeon liked to stay away from dry areas, but as there was no water around, this shade would be the best he could get.

"Oh! Oh! Ok!" Jason shouted happily, finally skimming through the directions. "Its voice and image activated." With a grin, he pointed at a Vaporeon. "Give me Vaporeon's attacks," he commanded.

As soon as he made the command, a robotic voice answered with a nuetral, " Vaporeon: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand."

Jason waited for the pokedex to continue, but was quite disappointed when it didn't continue. "Guess you're limited on attacks then," Jason said, not at all pleased.

Vaporeon gave his trainer a disdainful glance as he continued to lick his paw. Sheesh, no need to say it like that.

"Guess we're just gonna have to level you up!" Jason said gleedfully, already standing. His eyes roamed around for some wild pokemon, but the only pokemon around were being battled by other trainers. Seeking one out, he grinned at a red haired girl that looked maybe a little younger than him, but with a strong look. "Hey, wanna battle?"

The girl looked up at the sound of the excited voice and turned to Jason. A just as excited grin appeared on her face. "Sure! I'm Jenna, by the way. Two on two?"

Jason gave a nervous chuckle as he scratched the back of his head. "Uh, can it only be one? I haven't got anymore. Oh, and I'm Jason."

"One on one is fine," Jenna agreed. "Did you just start?"

"Yea, today actually. You?"

"A few days ago," she replied with a grin. "Finally get enough courage to buy one of those limited pokedex ID's and start a journey?"

"A limited... what?"

The girl frowned. "You know, at a pokemart. They sell IDs, which are a limited form of pokedex." She flashed her's for good measure, which was smaller and browner compared to Jason's. "It's for those who can't get a professor to hand them out a pokemon." She bit her lip. "Is yours a professor given pokemon?"

"Yea," Jason said, leaning down to given Vaporeon an affectionate pet. "There's this new professor in town and she was just happened to be having a contest, and I made it there and got this guy."

"Nice," Jenna said, grin becoming larger. "Shall we begin?"

Despite the fact that Jason knew Jenna's pokemon had a few more days experience than his did, but he still believed Vaporeon could do just as good. After all, he actually knew the attacks! "Let's go!" he yelled, pointing forward so that Vaporeon jumped forward with a growl, ready to face his opponent.

"Go!" Jenna cried, throwing her pokeball. It landed on the ground and burst open with a bright flash of light. As soon as the light appeared, a yellow, brick like pokemon appeared.

"Shrew!" the Sandshrew cried, swiping its claws and stamping its feet.

"A ground type?" Jason said, clearly perplexed. "Against a water type?"

"You just got your Vaporeon today, right? So that must mean its not at a high enough level to know a water move, and I doubt you gave it a TM."

Jason grumbled. "Smart mouth," he muttered. "Alright, Vaporeon, Tackle!"

"Poor!" Vaporeon cried, already energized with the fact that his trainer knew what to do this time.

"Sandshrew, Defense Curl," Jenna commanded quickly.

Sandshrew gave a small bark of confirmation before, to Jason's bewilderment, transformed perfectly into a little ball just as Vaporeon bashed his head into it. "Shrewww," the shrew pokemon chuckled from within his little confines.

"Va!" Vaporeon cried out, shaking his head. He eyed the ball of Sandshrew that had rolled away. "Por por!" Vaporeon barked at Sandshrew as he bounded forward and batted at the ball.

"Sandshrew, Poison Sting!" Jenna cried as soon as Vaporeon came within close distance.

"When it opens itself up, use Tackle!" Jason ordered quickly.

Vaporeon nodded and glared down at Sandshrew, just waiting for it to unravel itself, but to their surprise, the ball just started spinning really quickly, stayin in place the whole time. "Por?"

"Shrww!" came Sandshrew's cry as small needle like projectiles flew directly off of his scales and slammed right into Vaporeon. "Shrew!"

Vaporeon let out a loud cry, wincing as the needle's blasted into his skin. Jumping back, Vaporeon glared at the unravelled Sandshrew with a small wince. "Poor," Vaporeon growled, tail swishing in agitation.

"Now's your chance!" Jason cried. "Tackle it while its unravelled!"

"Sandshrew, another Defense Curl," Jenna ordered quickly, grinning in victory as her pokemon quickly turned into a scaled ball.

"Vappor!" Vaporeon cried, slamming into the ground type and sending it rolling. "Por," Vaporeon spat, clearly frazzled.

"Poison Sting!" Jenna cried.

"Vaporeon, dodge!" Jason barked, just as frazzled. How could he attack something that kept protecting itself?

"Por! Por!" Vaporeon barked as he kept jumping away from each barrage of needles. Vaporeon hissed as Sandshrew finally stopped his attacks and once again straighened up.

"Shrew," the Sandshrew said cockily, obviously pleased with itself, but as Jason looked carefully, he noticed a few bruises on the ground types body. So it was getting hurt!

"Vaporeon, Tackle!" Jason ordered again, this time with a plan. His grin widened as he got Jenna's expected response.

"Sandshrew, Defense Curl!" The girl gave Jason an exasperated look. "You just don't learn, do you?"

Vaporeon, following Jenna's sentiments, didn't charged with as much vigor as before, and barely made the curled up Sandshrew roll away. "Por."

"After it!" Jason cried quickly. "Start rolling it around with your tail!"

Vaporeon, a bit confused, began to run with the rolling Sandshrew, using his tail like a hockey stick to control the ball. From within its confines, Vaporeon could hear a groan as he realized the ground type didn't like being in control.

"Poison Sting!" Jenna cried, horrified that her pokemon was getting out of its control.

"Take aim and strike it into the tree with Tail Whip!" Jason cried excitedly, body actually quivering. His excitement only grew as the poison barbs flew in different directions since Sandshrew could no long control where they went because of his spinning body.

"Sandshrew, Rapid Spin!" Jenna shouted, just as Vaporeon let loose and slammed his tail into Sandshrew's side.

"Shreew!" the ground type yowled, already spinning body beginning to spin faster, but that only increased his speed in the opposite direction, directly at the tree. "Shrew!" Sandshrew cried out, finally uncurling as he slid to the ground.

"Now finish it with Tackle!" Jason cried, eyes widening as he realized he would actually win his first real battle against a fellow trainer.

"Metal Claw!" Jenna cried quickly, her voice laced with fear.

"Poreon!" Vaporeon snarled, digging his head right into the slumped Sandshrew's gut.

"Shre... shrew!" Sandshrew cried, claw glowing from his awkward position. WIth a righteous cry, Sandshrew slammed it into Vaporeon's side before he fell unconcious.

"Pooor," Vaporeon mewled in pain, just lying on his side but still concious.

"Vaporeon!" Jason cried, running over to his pokemon, hand ghosting over the bruise that was forming. He moved away from the whimper.

"That was a good battle," Jenna said with a sigh as she recalled her fallen pokemon. "One more hit, and the battle would have been mine," she said with a grin. "But it looks like Vaporeon here can't battle anymore."

"So its a tie?" Jason asked unsurely, petting Vaporeon gently on the head.

"No, your Vaporeon is still concious, and that's the only thing that matters in the end," Jenna said with a wry grin. "The next town is really close, so it shouldn't be too far to take Vaporeon to the pokemon center. It was great battling you, though."

"Yea," Jason said quietly, but he returned the grin. He returned Vaporeon to his pokeball with a worried look. "Maybe we'll battle again," he said to the girl before taking off running in the direction Jenna pointed at, oblivious to the agreed nod the girl gave him.

Right now he was only worried about Vaporeon. That Metal Claw had been intense.

Zeph.

Years
    @Wolfwhispers - Nice battle! Good to see Jason using his head :P

Congratulations! Vaporeon grew to lv.9 and learned Sand Attack!

Zeph.

Years
    Chapter Three: Jubilife City
    Number of posts: 1-2

-----

"Welcome to Jubilife City! The home of the famous Jubilife TV! Not much has been happening here since the league was cancelled, however we don't have much to show on TV nowadays. This is where you young trainers come in..."

Professor Alder sat at his desk watching this TV announcement. It was very interesting too - it seems they were showing live pokemon battles. No doubt this would be great for re-advertising the pokemon league in the region. Alder finished his current papers and watched the following programme titled, "Battles Now - Jubilife City."

"It'd be great to see some of my own young trainers compete..." he said to himself.

-----

Okay, when you get to Jubilife, do what you have to do (ie, heal pokemon, but items, rest etc). You notice there are battles taking place outside the TV station - and they're being broadcast live! You jump at the opportunity and enter in a one-on-one battle. If you win, you get one prize of your choice from:

The Return of the Sinnoh League Shiny Stone
    The Return of the Sinnoh League Dusk Stone
    The Return of the Sinnoh League Dawn Stone

Good luck!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    "Here you are dearie, but next time don't push your pokemon so hard," the pink haired nurse scolded as she handed Jason the pokeball with Vaporeon in it. She gave him a stern look. You just recieved your pokemon, so in a way he's just a baby, so don't push him until he collapse's, understand?"

"Yes, Nurse Joy," Jason said with a tentative smile as he placed Vaporeon's pokeball on his belt, feeling a bit awkward. He didn't think that he pushed his pokmon too hard, and Vaporeon seemed like he was enjoying his battles. "You wouldn't happen to know if there's anything interesting to do in this town, do you?" Jason asked.

Nurse Joy sighed, her lips pursed as she gazed at him. "I feel like a hypocrite," she told him, "but they're having a contest in town center. It's to promote battling, especially since more and more trainers are finally coming back in this region. Winner's recieve a prize, but I don't know what it is."

Jason grinned, all her warnings about not pushing his pokemon too hard flying right over his head. "Battle's in town center? Thanks a lot!" Jason had turned completely around, prepared to run off, but a sudden thought made him jerk his head back in an almost painful motion. "Uh, which way is that?"

Nurse Joy chuckled before patiently giving him directions. With another round of gratitude, Jason was out the door in seconds, running for all he was worth around the surrounding people in town and practically skidded to a stop as he took in the celebrations going around him. Sure he had heard the people talk excitedly when he had entered town, but he had no idea this was going on!

Battle's were going on in various area's, and there were several tents with excited people giving away prizes, talking to people (and trainers) and simply trying to sell stuff. The smell of food wafted in Jason's nostril's, and for a moment his mouth watered, but the excitement of the battle's before him made him forget his hunger, especially when he saw a scruffy Zigzagoon take down a hissing Meowth.

Searching, he found a man with "Judge" badge on his shirt. All but hopping over in his excitment, he said excitedly, "Do I sign up for battle's here?"

The judge turned, face easily breaking into a smile as he seemed to suck up Jason's energy. "You bet," he told Jason. "You battle with a judge and win, then you're walked over to the prize tents. Lose... well, good try. We're here to promote battling, and it seems to be working. Are you up to it?"

"Course I am!" Jason grinned. "And I'm gonna win!"

The judge laughed. "That's what I like to hear. Alright then...?"

"Jason."

"Jason, huh? Well, I'm Zack, and I'll be your judge. It seems like there is now an opening." Gesturing, Zack led Jason led to an open area that was being vacated by a young girl conragulating her Torchic for a good win. "It'll be one on one," Zack called as he got into place on the opposite side of the field. "Begin!" he shouted, tossing his pokeball high into the air. With a flash of white light, Jason stared in awe at the pokemon before him.

"Woah, where can you find those?" Jason called excitedly after he checked his pokedex.

"Interested in Absol, huh? They're usually found in the mountains."

"Cool," Jason breathed, recieving a flattered growl from the dark type. With a wide grin, Jason tossed his own pokeball.

With a similar flash of white light, Vaporeon appeared. "Vap!" the water fox barked, shaking himself as if relieving himself of an itch before getting into a defensive position. "Pooor."

"Absol," Absol growled, easily sliding into a battle position, black claws gleaming through his white fur.

"We shall begin," Zack ordered, drawing the attention of the crowd. The people eagerly began to talk, each person interested in this new battle. "Absol, begin with Scratch!"

Vaporeon, meet it head on with Tackle!" Jason ordered quickly.

With a fierce snarl that actually startled Jaon, Absol leapt forward, swif claws barely raking the ground as he charged much faster than either Jason or Vaporeon thought. "Ab!" Absol cried, claws raking across Vaporeon's hide.

Vaporeon howled, his Tackle failing as he stumbled back, tail covering the cuts on his hind leg. "Por," Vaporeon spat, licking at the wound.

"Vaporeon, this is no time to be licking your wounds! Fight back!" Jason called. Didn't Vaporeon realize they had to stay focused in battle?

"Absol, another Scratch," Zack ordered.

Almost stuttering, Jason called, "Sand Attack!" as quickly as possible.

Eyes lighting up, Vaporeon dove his paws into the ground, sand immediately shooting out towards the incoming dark type. "Solo!" Absol yowled, skidding to a halt as he rubbed his eyes with his arm, body hunched and eyes watering.

"Now's our chance! Tackle!"

"Vaor!" Vaporeon barked eagerly, charging forward. With a final bound, Vaporeon slammed his whole body into Absol's side. "Preon!"

Absol grunted, body still hunched as he tried to shake the sand out of his eyes. "Absol, Swift!" Zack called smartly.

Jason scowled as yellow stars were shot out of the dark type's mouth. With a screech, Vaporeon tried to make a run for it, but as Swift was virtually impossible to avoid, the stars smashed right into the water type. Jason winced in sympathy.

"Another Tackle!" he ordered, hoping the Sand Attack was still affecting Absol, but that hope was short lived as Absol opened unsanded eyes and struck back, claws unsheathed and once again raking across Vaporeon.

"Pov!" Vaporeon yelped, tail slamming on the ground in irritation. With an angry snarl, Vaporeon slammed his head right into Absol's. The poor dark type jerked back with a jerky yowl, oddly spiked tail swinging back and forth in irritation.

"Nice, Vaporeon," Jason congragulated, feeling particularly cocky and pleased that his pokemon could act like that without help.

"Absol, Razor Wind!" Zack barked, becoming a bit more intense when it was clear he was beginning to lose.

"Sol," Absol growled, bowing his head. A slight whirlwind began to grow by his horn, but nothing seemed to happen.

Jason bit his lip, a bit unsure. He didn't know what was going on, but he didn't want to take a chance. "Vaporeon, another Sand Attack, and then follow up with Tackle!"

"Vap!" Vaporeon snarled, turning and using his hind legs to dig up a whole lot more dirt than the last time. Absol growled in anger as the sand got not only in his eyes, but on his whole body. The cleaning it would take to get it out was a horrible thought. "Poreo!" Vaporeon yowled, charging with his head bowed, webbed ears folded back.

"Absol!" Absol cried. With a rough jerk, he slashed his horn forward, sending a huge blast of wind forward.

Jason blinked, amazed at the strong attack as it tore up the field, suddenly feeling relieved that he had been smart (lucky) enough to call out a Sand Attack to blind his opponent enough to make the attack miss. "Go for it!" he shouted to his pokemon.

Zack shook his head as he watched the Vaporeon pound into his own with a ferocious snarl. "You get very lucky with those Sand Attacks," he said with a wry grin as his pokemon slid to his feet. With another shake of his head, Zack returned Absol to its pokeball; cheers erupting as he did so.

Jason, realizing he had won, gave a loud woop of joy and swept his pokemon up in a one armed hug and noogied the water type. "You were awsome!" he laughed, hand shaking Vaporeon's head as the water type playfully bit down.

"Va! Va!" Vaporeon laughed as he was swung around. His mermaid tail waved happily, showing all that watched that he was one happy pokemon.

"Congragulations," Zack said, beckoning a grinning boy and pokemon over. With a hearty jog, pokemon still in hand, Jason followed Zack to the tents. "This young man won the battle competition against myself and my Absol," Zack told a hearty looking man with a rather large potbelly. He was standing over a glass case with several odd looking stones.

"Oh, did he?" the man said, looking Jason and Vaporeon up and down. "Well, good for you, boy!" he laughed, patting Vaporeon on the head. The atmosphere was just way too cheerful not to be laughing or smiling. "As the winner, you get to choose between three evolution stones. You may have a Shiny, Dusk or Dawn Stone."

Jason looked over the stones. "I'll take a Dusk Stone. That one looks really cool."

The man shook his head, almost wanting to ask the young trainer before him if he even knew what pokemon evolved from this stone, but he didn't want to break the mood. "Here you are, boy, and enjoy the rest of the festivities!"

"Thanks," Jason said, pocketing the stone and placing Vaporeon back on the ground. The smell of the surrounding food suddenly made itself known once more. "Let's go get some food," Jason told his pokemon, pointing over at the steak and fish being sold.

Vaporeon, finding the idea welcome, gave a bark of agreement.

Zeph.

Years
    @Wolfwhispers - Nice battle, didn't expect that Absol :P Good use of Vaporeon's new move to counter it,

Congratulations! Vaporeon grew to lv.11!

Jason obtained a Dusk Stone!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max sat on the sidewalk near the local cafe, listening to his radio. His favorite song was playing, but soon ended. Then, a very interesting comercial came on.

"Hello young trainers. My name is Professor Alder, currently the new professor of the Sinnoh Region. As you may know, the Sinnoh League officially returns this year, and I am thus offering five young people the chance to recieve a starter pokemon and challenge this league. After all, the league would be nothing without trainers.

I will issue these five, slightly 'different' pokemon to anyone who wishes to become a pokemon trainer. All are young, and perfectly suitable for the task. These are:

Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and finally, Umbreon.

So hurry down to Sandgem Town. It's first come, first serve. Good luck young trainers - we're counting on you." Professor Alder finished.

Max sat there, paralyzed. He dropped his phone, which had been in his hand, before quickly grabbing both it and his radio, before sprinting through the crowd to his house.

Once he reached his house, Max threw the door open and ran to his room. He stuffed an extra pair of clothes that looked just like his pants and hoodie outfit, before throwing a laptop and a few books in to his brown knapsack.

He slung the knapsack over his body, and quickly walked downstairs where he was met by a very confused woman. She had long brown hair and wore a white blouse and green skirt. She had light green eyes, which looked worried.

"Mom, can I borrow your Staraptor for a few hours? I saw this commercial... the Sinnoh League's opened up again and Professor Alder is taking five people! Please, can I go?" Max begged. The woman sighed, and nodded handing Max a Pokeball.

"Thanks mom! And don't worry, I'll bring Dad and Sam home perfectly fine!" Then, Max ran out of the house, and slid to a halt. He took the Pokeball in his hand, pressed the middle button once and then threw it in to the air. The Pokeball popped open and in a blinding white flash a large brown bird appeared in front of him.

"Staraptor, take me to Sandgem Town!" He commanded as he leaped on to the bird's back. The bird screeched in understanding, before taking off at top speed.

About three hours later, the bird landed softly in front of Professor Alder's laboratory. Max smiled at Staraptor, and rubbed his head before handing him his Pokeball. "Take this and go back home." He said. Staraptor nodded, before flying away.

Suddenly, the laboratory's door flew open and a man stood before him. "Are you here for your first Pokemon?" He asked. Max nodded, and the man led Max inside. The walls were lined with bookshelves, tables and machines were scattered everywhere. The man stopped in front of a rather small table, where only one Pokeball, one Pokedex, and a few other Pokeballs laid. He must have been last.

"This is a Pokedex. Do you know what a Pokedex is?" The man, whom Max took to be Professor Alder asked. Max nodded.

"My mom is a top Co-Ordinator back home." He answered. Professor Alder nodded, before handing Max all of the equipment. Max stuffed all of the empty Pokeballs in to an empty pocket in his bag, and clipped the Pokeball with a Pokemon on it to his belt, and slid the Pokedex in to his pocket.

Then, he thanked Professor Alder, before turning around and leaving the laboratory. Once he was outside, he rounded a corner and then called out his new Pokemon. In a blinding white flash, and black cat with yellow rings on its body sat in front of him. It wagged its tail and rubbed itself against Max's leg.

Max took out his Pokedex, and scanned the Pokemon. "Umbreon, the Moonlight Pokemon. The light of the moon changed Eevee's genetic structure. It lurks in darkness for prey." A computer generated voice said from the red device.

"Well hello, Umbreon. I'm Max and I guess I'm your new partner." Max said as they began heading for the exit of Sandgem and the entrance of the next Route. Umbreon barked in excitment, and Max realized he had been wrong saying Umbreon looked like a cat. Umbreon rather acted like a dog.

((END))

Zeph.

Years
    @Pikalover10 - Hooray! The RP's been brought back to life :P

Congratulations! Max recieved a lv.5 male Umbreon!

Max also recieved a Pokedex and some pokeballs!

Years
    Sandgem Town:

After showering herself, Isis proceeded to dry off her thin frame of medium height and build. She then rubbed the moisture out of her hair, allowing the wet strands to fall to her shoulders, and then dried and brushed it until it was in a suitable enough position for her to wrap a hair tie around it, creating a pony-tail look.

She went over to her closet and removed two hangers, one of which held a grey sleeveless top, with the other holding a yellow miniskirt. The teen dressed herself, before slipping her feet into a pair of yellow-striped purple sandshoes, and casually placed her black sunglasses over her eyes. In the past, she had received criticism from her peers as they wondered why she had come to classes with her sunglasses on, but she ignored them, as it was just a strange mannerism of hers to do that.

After placing her digital watch on the wrist of her left arm, she headed down the hall.

Heading into the reasonably large kitchen and preparing herself a bowl of cereal, she spotted her mother relaxing on the cyan sofa. After eating, she then checked to ensure that her bright yellow backpack with the imprint of a Poké Ball on the side was packed. Finding out that everything was in there, she placed the breakfast bowl in the sink, ran some water in it and headed for the maroon sofa.

"Hey mum," Isis greeted her mother as she sat down on the sofa; she reached for the remote control and pressed the 'Power' button. The television came on, with the Sinnoh news appearing on the screen.

"Our main story this morning concerns the official return of the Sinnoh League. Professor Alder, who is the new researcher for the region, is offering five, slightly 'different' Pokémon to anyone who wishes to become a Pokémon trainer. All are young, and perfectly suitable for the task. These are:

Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon and, finally, Umbreon.

So hurry down to Sandgem Town. It's first come, first serve. Good luck young trainers - we're counting on you. We now take you..."

"You serious?!" Isis' tone rises significantly. "JOLTEON?! No way! I am SO there!" Assessing her backpack one last time, she hurriedly farewells her parents and her younger sister. Leaving Twinleaf behind for good, as she headed towards Sandgem, she wondered what this journey would be like.

A few minutes later, after having fled from some wild Starly, Isis arrived at Sandgem. Her activity is stopped for a moment or two as she registers the landmarks in the city. Upon seeing the Professor's lab, she briskly walks inside and greets the researcher cheerfully.

"Hi Professor Alder, I'm Isis Regan from Twinleaf!"

"Good. Now, Isis, I have a few important things to give you. They are your Pokémon, Pokédex and Poké Balls."

Then, the researcher handed her a large red electronic device, which looked like a calculator and five small balls. The Professor allowed Isis the time to register her partner's data into her Pokédex.

"Jolteon, the Lightning Pokémon – a Pokémon of the Electric type. If agitated, it uses electricity to straighten out its fur and launch it in small bunches," the device reported in a monotonous voice.

"Let me explain what I handed to you before," Professor Alder began, just as the newbie trainer recalled her starter.

"The large red device that you hold in your hands is what I call a Pokédex. A lot of research by my colleagues and I was done and we were finally able to release a small hand-held device. It will record information about any wild Pokémon, including its type and special attacks. Thus, its pages will be filled."

He then pointed to the five small balls.

"These are crucial to capturing Pokémon, so please pay close attention. If you fail to capture a Pokémon with the same ball five times, it will break. Also, note that you can only carry around six Pokémon with you at any given time."

"How much do these items cost?" Isis asked.

"About three hundred Pokédollars for each sphere… and I think the Potions are a little cheaper," the researcher answered.

"I'll keep that in mind," the red-haired girl answered. "I won't let you down, Professor. I've never been more ready for anything else."

"Very good…" he replied.

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 2, Post 1

Max and Umbreon walked down the path that had been used many times before them on Route 202. Umbreon wasn't very nervous being with a new trainer and all, and neither was Max. In fact, both of them felt like they had been best friends their entire lives.

Trees scatered around the route's road, bushes and tall grass lining the rest. And Max rather tought if the entire Sinnoh Region were like this, then it would be a wonderful place. In fact, he had never really seen any wildlife.... being cooped up in Newbark Town his entire life until his father or older brother used to take him fishing, but when both of them went missing his mother had never let him out of town unless she was going too.... and she hated hiking.

"Hey! You there!" A shout came from behind and on top of him. Max turned around, and looked up in to the branches of a tree to find a boy with a mop of dark brown hair and wearing a green jumpsuit sat. He smirked, and jumped down from the branch, landing lightly on his feet.

"I'm Jackson, but everybody calls me Jax." The boy said. Max blinked and smiled at the boy.

"Max." He replied simply. The boy smiled, before noticing Umbreon, and bent down. He held his hand out for Umbreon to sniff, and once Umbreon did Jax began rubbing his head. Umbreon barked in enjoyment, before Jax stood back up.

"So, Max. What would you say to a little one on one battle?" Jax asked.

Max smirked and nodded. "A little challenge before we hit the first city. Sure." He said. Jax nodded, before pulling out a red and white sphere. He pressed the button in the middle, before the Pokeball grew. Then, Jax threw it in to the air where it popped open and in a blinding white flash a white and multiple brown shaded bird popped out.

"Starly!" It crooed. Max took out his Pokedex, and scanned the bird.

"Starly, the starling Pokemon. They flock in great numbers. Though small, they flap their wings with great power." THe same, computer geneated voice informed him.

Max snapped his Pokedex sht and slid it back in to his pocket, before smirking at Umbreon. "Umbreon, Tackle!" He shouted.

"Starly dodge and use Quick Attack!" Jax quickly countered.

Umbreon growled, and then barked, before dashing full speed at Starly. Starly quickly pushed off of the ground, and propelled itself in midair, before flying over Umbreon's head as Umbreon tried running in to it. Then, Starly spun around and tucked its wings against its body and dove straight for Umbreon. Umbreon turned just in time, and leaped out of the way.

"Tackle!" Max quickly shouted.

Umbreon being too quick, Jax couldn't counter as Umbreon slammed itself in to the Starly. Starly cawed in surprise, before smacking Umbreon with its wing. Umbreon barked and bared his teeth at the bird.

"Tackle!" Both boys shouted at the same time.

Umbreon barked, and Starly cawed in annoyance, before Starly leaped back in to the air and began hovering again. Umbreon growled, and his ears folded against his head. They stood like that for a few moments, before Starly cawed and dove at Umbreon again.

Umbreon was slightly too slow, and as he leaped out of the way Starly managed to slam in to his left hind leg. Umbreon yelped in surprise, before squirming his way away from Starly and then slammed himself in to the stupid bird.

"Umbreon use Tail WHip! Then follow up with Tackle!" Max shouted.

"Starly, Quick Attack!" Jax shouted.

Umbreon leaped forward quickly, and spun around, slapping his tail in to Starly's side, somehow reducing his defense. Suddenly, Starly pushed off of the ground towards Umbreon, slamming his entire body in to him.

Umbreon yelped in pain, before rolling across the ground and sliding to a stop. Umbreon slowly stood up, and panting, he ran towards Starly as fast as he could. Starly leaped in to the air, and at the last second so did Umbreon, ramming himself in to Starly.

Starly yelped in pain and slamed in to the ground, skidding across the floor until he stopped at Jax's feet. Starly slowly rolled over on to its back, and revealed that it was unconcous. Max wooted in joy. They had won their first battle.

Umbreon barked, before spinning around and running in to Max's open arms. "Haha! We won, Umbreon! You did it!" Max laughed, Umbreon licking his face rapidly and his tail thumping in joy.

"You did great Starly. You deserve a rest." Jax said, taking out Starly's Pokeball. He pressed the button in the middle of the Pokeball and in a bright red flash the bird was engulfed and then disappeared in to the Pokeball. "Good battle, Max." He said, before sighing. He turned around and suddenly stormed off before Max could say anything else.

Zeph.

Years
    @Kyuu-chan - It appears your post is unfinished. I can't grade it until you do all the essential things :P

@Pikalover10 - Good first battle to boost Max's confidence as a trainer!

Umbreon grew to lv.7!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back