• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Return of the Sinnoh League

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Actually, I didn't want to bunny Professor Alder, that's why I left the rest to you. However, if you want me to change that...

Edit: Nevermind, I've edited the post.

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    @Kyuu-chan - You can bunny Alder for the little things :P Thanks for editing that :)

Congratulations! Isis recieved a lv.5 female Jolteon!

Isis also recieved a Pokedex and some pokeballs!

ps. The pokeball stock is unlimited btw :P

Years
    Route 202 (1st post):

After obtaining her starter and the other necessary items, Isis thanked Professor Alder and went on her way.

Throughout the span of a couple of hours, Isis had not been able to find a single Starly. It was nearing lunch time, which meant Isis wanted to capture the Normal/Flying type before she got too hungry.

Her impatience got the better of her and she swore. "This just sucks! Why haven't I found anything yet?!" Isis muttered out loud, as she shook her head angrily. "Where are they…?" she added, as she reached into her bright yellow backpack for the book her mother had most likely placed there. Just as she arrived at the part on Pokémon capturing, the lone Poké Ball on her belt wriggled and burst open.

The light landed on terra firma to materialize into Isis's first ever Pokémon.

"I need your help, Adhira," Isis murmured, while stroking the Lightning Pokémon's furred head.

"Jol?" The Electric type asked, saying "Me?" in her language.

The fourteen-year-old redhead looked at her starter oddly. "Did you understand me? Or is it that I can't understand you?"

"Jolteon jol!" The female Jolteon answered, happy that the teen had worked out that they needed to bond and be friends before the Pokémon could be understood.

Oh well, that's one problem that's been sorted out, Isis thought. "Can you find some wild Pokémon for me?" she asked politely, though her eyes betrayed her anxiety.

"Jolt!" Jolteon growled, telling the red-haired teen that she was not a sniffer dog and would not degrade herself by doing something that was meant for them. To show her irritation, she growled and gouged the ground.

Isis crouched down and put one hand on the side of the female Pokémon's face. "Please, Adhira? For me?"

Jolteon could see Isis' sincerity, which through her tantrum out the window. The Pokémon even recognized that the trainer had given her a nickname. Adhira hesitated, murmuring "Jol…" as she did so.

Isis opened her mouth to speak, but stopped upon noticing a Pokémon stumble into her line of sight. It was a small black and grey bird, which was visibly trembling. The Normal and Flying type had black eyes, stood on two short legs and had patches of white on it. As it uttered drawn out, shrill cries of "Star!" Isis noticed that the poor creature was distracted and had no idea its path had brought it to a trainer.

"That's a Starly!" Isis spoke softly while referring to her Pokédex. "According to the Pokédex, they live on this Route." She flicked the device closed and glanced at the Flying type, before turning to her Pokémon with a firm expression on her enthusiastic face. "We can't just leave it here. We should try and capture it and take it to the Pokémon Centre in Jubilife City for a health check."

The Starly heard Isis. Glaring at Adhira indifferently as if to say <You aren't worth my time.>, it nevertheless straightened its posture and narrowed its eyes, before lunging at the Jolteon.

That's a Tackle attack, the red-haired girl thought. "Adhira, dodge and then use Tail Whip!"

<I must remain free,> the bird thought.

Adhira agilely circumvented the emotion-spurred attack. The Electric type ran forward, with her tail wagging from side to side. Shrugging off the Tail Whip attack, as if it hadn't struck it at all, the clearly troubled bird charged forward once more. It was at this moment that Isis realized that it was more than just emotion that had goaded the Flying type into action. She knew that it would fight to the death to uphold more than just its honour.

"Jolteon, jol! Jolteon, eon!" Adhira's speech was once again out of character for the cheeky Pokémon. The Electric type's speech had fulfilled its intended purpose, however. Its anger rising, the emotional Starly leaped up and fell onto Adhira, forcing her to use her claws to defend herself.

Jeez, that's gotta hurt, Isis shook her head slightly and winced at the sight of her Pokémon crashing into a nearby tree.

"Jolt!" Adhira said, winded, before recovering enough to rise to her clawed paws. Starly had survived the 'crash landing' as it had flown upwards before impact. Descending, it flew over to where Adhira was and moved like lightning, thus performing a Quick Attack.

Oh-kay, I think it's time I kicked it up a notch, Isis believed it was time to rack up a capture and be on her way to Jubilife. "All right, Adhira! Let's go! Give it all you've got!" the girl yelled, before Starly could muster up a counter-attack.

"Jolteon!" The Electric fox replied decisively. The Jolteon let out a frustrated cry and let loose a ferocious lunge attack that completely caught the Flying type off guard. Adhira barrelled into the black and grey bird and fastened her fangs on its back. Clamping down, a bit of blood spurted out.

Wha-? Whoa! I didn't think Adhira had it in her! Isis looked shocked.

<You'll pay for that,> the bird vowed mentally, as it looked itself over after pushing the fox Pokémon away. One dog-like shake of the body spattered blood on the grass and it was starting to weaken, thanks to the back bite. It tensed, its eyes narrowing in the sunlight as it prepared for another attack.

Bugger, what now? The red-haired trainer thought, panicking slightly. That Starly is still going strong; it's not slowing down at all! I suppose I could make use of Tackle, but still…

"Adhira! Here's what we're gonna do! Dodge Starly's current attack and counter with a Tackle technique!" Isis yelled out.

"Jol," the female fox answered.

For what she hoped was the last time today, Adhira took a step forward. As the bird struggled to regain its composure, Adhira rushed in and, with a few well-placed bodily shoves, managed to reduce its energy even more.

<I've failed them,> was the bird's last thought before falling to the grassy ground.

Isis heaved an empty Poké Ball at the black and grey being that was doubled over on the ground. The sphere began rocking from side to side.

Zeph.

Years
    @Kyuu-chan - Unfortunately you didn't quite cut the lv. 5 catch ^^' Good post though, a battle of emotion and honour :P

Congratulations! Isis caught a lv.4 female Starly!
    Isis nicknamed Jolteon 'Adhira'!
    Jolteon (Adhira) grew to lv. 6!

Zeph.

Years
    Okay, here's the next route for when you guys are ready :)

Chapter Four - Route 218
    Number of posts: 1-2

Originally a water route, Route 218 has a big pier stretching from one edge of the river to the other. At the end of the pier there is a small meadow with pokemon and even a few trainers!

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Pokemon on Route 218 -

Buizel
    Type: Water
    Level: 5-7

Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: SonicBoom, Growl, Water Sport, Quick Attack, Water Gun (lv.6)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Mime Jr.
    Type: Psychic
    Ability: Soundproof or Filter
    Attacks: Tickle, Barrier, Confusion, Copycat

Shellos (West)
    Ability: Sticky Hold or Storm Drain
    Attacks: Mud Slap, Mud Sport, Harden, Water Pulse (lv.7)

Magikarp
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: Splash

Chatot
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye or Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Peck, Growl
    Rarity: Uncommon

Tentacool
    Type: Water/Poison
    Ability: Clear Body or Liquid Ooze
    Attacks: Poison Sting, Supersonic
    Rarity: Uncommon

Voltorb
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Soundproof or Static
    Attacks: Charge, Tackle
    Rarity: Rare

Finneon
    Ability: Swift Swim or Storm Drain
    Attacks: Pound, Water Gun (lv.6)
    Rarity: Rare

Remember, a good quality battle post is needed for rare captures.

Years
    Route 202 (2nd post):

"Shinx, Leer!" commanded a Youngster. The defence-debilitating attack shot towards its target, a fatigued Jolteon.

"Dodge it Adhira, and finish this...!" Jolteon's trainer began, but then trailed off as Adhira acted of her own accord.

Isis watched, stunned, as the female Jolteon shot pin-like needles at the Shinx, before lunging at the smaller creature and sinking her teeth into the nape of his neck. The Flash Pokémon fainted from the shock of it all.

"Um... I won?" Isis stated meekly.

The Youngster gave her a dirty look, while handing over a wad of Pokédollars. He stormed off, as Isis recalled the few battles of the day.

Her first had been against a female Picnicker who'd been defeated with Adhira and Starly — who she had yet to nickname — against her own Starly and Bidoof. That match went particularly well with her Pokémon partners easily thrashing their opponents; taking them down in three moves each.

The second fight had had Isis face off against the first Youngster and his level 5 Starly. Intertwining a Tackle and Tail Whip combination, Adhira took down the enemy.

And finally, the red-haired teen's last challenge on Route 202 was the second Youngster with a level 5 Shinx. It was unfortunate that Adhira was reaching the limits of her strength, but what choice did Isis have? The Shinx had already defeated her Starly, so she had had to send out Adhira to finish the battle.

Isis removed her wallet from her backpack, pocketed the money, placed the wallet back where it belonged and took the last few steps into the city known as Jubilife.

Zeph.

Years
    @Kyuu-chan: I'm confused by your post. It's not the right format:

- You can't simply recall a number of battles in order to gain experience. Battles must be written out, one at a time.
    - Adhira only knows 3 moves. It can't use Pin-Missile (I presume that was the one she used)
    - Again with battles, you can't jump in towards the end.

Please amend your post.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    OOC: *huff huff* Such...a long...post. I got just a little carried away. But I've got to play major catch-up, so here's my first post!

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Seiko Nakamura hummed quietly to herself as she walked along the familiar streets of Canalave City, her nose buried in a book as usual. A gentle, salty ocean breeze blew past, pushing a wayward strand of light brown hair into her eyes. Seiko tucked the hair behind her ear absentmindedly and pushed her frameless glasses higher up on the bridge of her nose, her eyes never leaving the page that currently engrossed her thoughts. The kind, elderly woman who worked at the library had tipped off Seiko about several new additions to the Pokemon biology section, and the books had finally come in today. She had spent most of the afternoon tucked away in a little corner of the library, curled up in an overstuffed armchair with a pile of books until the setting sun outside the window called her home for dinner. And so she had checked out the book she was still reading and planned to finish it tonight before bed.

The petite young girl closed the book, however, and clutched the leather tome to her chest as she neared the shipyard, her eyes scanning the faces, most of them familiar, for one sailor in particular. Her dark blue eyes lit up as she found him. "Hi, Daddy!"

The tanned, well-muscled man by the name of Toru stopped his work and broke out into a big toothy grin as his daughter came running up to him. He swept her up into his strong arms effortlessly and gave her a little spin while she laughed in delight. "Hello, sweetheart. How was your day?"

"Really good! The new books came in at the library, and I just couldn't put them down!" Seiko exclaimed, her usual reserved demeanor gone. She never had to hide anything from her beloved father.

"And I see you couldn't bear to part with one of them," the older man joked.

"Of course not. It was just too interesting. Are you done with work for the day?"

"Yep, sure am. Come on, let's get home and see what your mother cooked for dinner." Seiko and her father walked home hand-in-hand and entered the quaint little seaside cottage to find Hina Nakamura finishing preparations for dinner in the kitchen while the local news played as background noise in the living room.

"Welcome home, dear," Hina greeted her husband with a smile. "And I see you've been busy as usual at the library," she added, giving her daughter an indulgent smile.

"Do you need any help, Mom?" Seiko asked politely.

"No, I'm almost done. Go ahead and get the plates out of the cupboard, and we'll eat."

The family dinner carried on as usual, with Toru giving the latest news at the shipyard while Seiko prattled excitedly about the new books in the library. However, their attention was soon prioritized by a news flash on the television.

"Hello young trainers. My name is Professor Alder, currently the new professor of the Sinnoh Region. As you may know, the Sinnoh League officially returns this year, and I am thus offering five young people the chance to recieve a starter pokemon and challenge this league. After all, the league would be nothing without trainers.

I will issue these five, slightly 'different' pokemon to anyone who wishes to become a pokemon trainer. All are young, and perfectly suitable for the task. These are:

Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and finally, Umbreon.

So hurry down to Sandgem Town. It's first come, first serve. Good luck young trainers - we're counting on you."

Seiko froze, unable to turn her eyes away from the screen as the professor's words replayed over and over in her head. "Well, this certainly is an unexpected announcement," Hina remarked. When Seiko didn't respond, she prodded gently, "This is exactly what you've been talking about doing, isn't it?"

Seiko nodded numbly, finally meeting her parents' gazes. Her father gave an understanding smile and said, "You want to go, don't you?"

"I-I…I mean, yes, but you and Mom…" she stammered.

"You don't need to worry about us," Hina reassured her. "I know you've been staying here for our sakes when what you've truly wanted is to see more of the world, and it's high time you did just that."

"I…don't know what to say…" Seiko replied, finally finding her voice.

"Well, I do," Toru declared. "We've got to get moving if we're going to get you to Sandgem Town in time!"

The next hour was a flurry of activity. The family finished dinner in a rush so Seiko could pack, and, after bidding a tear-filled goodbye to her mother, Seiko and her father were sprinting back to the shipyard. Seiko's backpack bounced between her shoulder blades with every step, but her heart was pounding with a mix of excitement and nervousness. This was really happening!

The shipyard finally came into view, and Toru stopped in front of his personal vessel, a medium-sized motorboat built for speed rather than long-distance excursions. Luckily, the body of water closest to Sandgem would be no trouble to reach, and they needed to make all haste. He called out this Pokemon partner. "Machoke, get the ship ready! We're in a hurry!"

"Choke!" the muscle Pokemon replied with a hearty salute.

Seiko, Toru, and Machoke traveled through the night, Seiko catching what sleep she could, until the sun rose high into the sky to herald the new day. Toru made landfall as close to Sandgem as he could. If Seiko thought saying goodbye to her mother was hard, she thought she would never be able to tear herself away from her father. Finally, after having a good cry in his arms, he helped her buck up enough courage to take those fateful first steps forward as the boat departed for home without her.

Once he was out of sight, Seiko forced herself back to the matter at hand and broke out into a dead sprint for Sandgem Town. She knew she was at a disadvantage, having had to come so far, and she didn't know if any of the starter Pokemon would be left by the time she got there. Her breath was coming in hard, rapid gasps as Sandgem Town finally came into view, and she made a beeline for the Pokemon Laboratory. She hurriedly tried to compose her flustered appearance as an aide showed her to Professor Alder's office.

The older man greeted her with a kind smile. "Hello there, young lady. What can I do for you?"

After shaking his proffered hand, Seiko replied with a polite bow, "My name is Seiko Nakamura, sir. I came from Canalave City and am here about the starter Pokemon."

Professor Alder's expression fell somewhat, and Seiko's heart plummeted in her chest. "I'm so sorry, Seiko, but we just gave away the last of my five Pokemon a few minutes ago."

"Oh…I see…" Seiko replied, trying but failing miserably to hide her disappointment.

Perhaps it was something about her expression, or maybe Professor Alder just couldn't bear to say no to anyone. Regardless of the reason, he suddenly got a knowing twinkle in his eye and said, "Hold on just a second. I may still be able to help you."

He disappeared into a back room, leaving Seiko utterly confused, and came back moments later with two Pokeballs in his hand. "I just acquired these Pokemon and was planning on keeping them a little longer to study their methods of evolution, but I think I could part with one of them for the right trainer. And you look like a smart, sensible young lady with a good head on your shoulders. I think you'll make a fine match for one of these Pokemon."

Seiko could barely contain her excitement. "Really? You mean it?"

Professor Alder nodded cheerfully. "Of course. Let me introduce you to these little ones." He opened both Pokeballs, and bursts of white light coalesced into two beautiful, fox-like Pokemon that came up to Seiko's knee. "This is Leafeon," he said, indicating the green, forest-like creature, "and this is Glaceon," he added, motioning to the light blue, snowy fox. "You may choose whichever one you like."

Seiko scrutinized both Pokemon carefully, though they were both fascinating and utterly breathtaking, not to mention strong looking. However, something about Glaceon's eyes really caught her attention. Not only did his blue color remind her of the ocean hear her home, but his expression just seemed to say, "Well of course you're going to pick me!"

"I choose Glaceon!" Seiko finally exclaimed.

"Glac!" Glaceon yipped happily, immediately bounded over to his new trainer and rubbing his head affectionately on her knee. Giggling softly, she knelt down and petted him on the head.

Professor Alder smiled happily, glad to see the two were already bonding. "Looks like you made a good choice, and Glaceon certainly seems happy. Now I just have one more thing." He reached into the pocket of his lab coat. "Here is a Pokedex to record the information of all the Pokemon you meet on your journey, and don't forget these Pokeballs. You'll need these to catch more Pokemon."

Seiko accepted the proffered items with a grateful bow. "Thank you very much, Professor. I promise I'll take good care of Glaceon and do my best on this journey." That said, she bid the kind professor farewell and left the laboratory, her new companion trotting at her heels. As she entered the center of town, she remarked thoughtfully, "Hmmm…you need a name."

"Glace?" Glaceon inquired, cocking his head to one side curiously.

Seiko pushed her glasses up higher on her nose as she thought. Then inspiration hit, and she snapped her fingers in finality. "I've got it! I'll call you Glacies! How does that sound?"

"Glac! Glace!" Glacies replied, clearly happy with his new name.

"Then it's settled! All right, Glacies, let's go!"

Zeph.

Years
    @silvanarrow: That was a really good opening post :D I got a really good sense of Seiko's character there,

Congratulations! Seiko recieved a lv.5 male Glaceon!
    Seiko nicknamed Glaceon Glacies!

Seiko also recieved a Pokedex and some Pokeballs!

silvanarrow

Years
    OOC: I hope you don't mind if I go ahead and post again. Like I said, I'm playing catch-up here and I actually had some extra time today. I'll likely be busy with college work for the next couple of days, though, at least until Thursday afternoon (EST). Okay...here goes!

Chapter 2: (Part 1 of 2)

"Absolutely fascinating…"

It was official. Seiko was officially enamored with this fabulous piece of technology known as a Pokedex. After leaving Professor Alder's lab, she started walking along Route 202 but didn't get far before the exhaustion from her panicked journey started to catch up with her. She and Glacies found a nice shady tree to rest beneath, and soon Seiko's weariness vanished as she started poking through her new Pokedex. The pocket-sized Pokemon encyclopedia that she had insisted on packing paled in comparison compared to the wealth of information contained in the small red machine. Glacies, meanwhile, was completely oblivious to his trainer's new infatuation – as long as it didn't detract from her paying attention to him, of course. He lay on his belly next to Seiko with his head on her lap. She stroked his fur absentmindedly with one hand while she held the Pokedex with the other. If at any point the petting hand ceased its relaxing ministrations, Glacies would nudge it with an indignant yip and then thrum happily in delight when she resumed.

Once she was confident that she could use this Pokedex effectively, she turned her attention to her new Pokemon. "Let's see what it says about you."

Seiko scanned Glacies with the Pokedex, and a pleasant, female computer voice spoke: "Glaceon. The Fresh Snow Pokemon. As a protective technique, it can completely freeze its fur to make its hairs stand like needles."

"Huh…really?" Seiko mused in response to the Pokedex's information. Setting the little machine down, she stroked Glacies along the back more firmly, getting the feel of his fur. Glacies, oblivious that he was being studied, yawned contentedly and nuzzled his chin into Seiko's leg. He could care less how or why he got attention just as long as he actually got it. Seiko could feel that Glacies' fur was actually several degrees cooler than the surrounding air, and occasionally tiny flecks of ice sparkled around his body like tiny crystals or prisms. Each individual hair was packed tightly together, making his fur quite dense even thought it wasn't particularly long. And it was amazingly soft, Seiko realized as continued stroking the Pokemon. Her Pokemon. Her partner. This was what she had dreaming of ever since her father had told her of all the places he had been and the people and Pokemon he had seen. Now she had a Pokemon of her very own, and by the looks of things, he was actually quite fond of her even though they had only been together for a few short hours. The thought that they would be inseparable companions from now on actually brought a tear to her eyes, eyes that were normally so carefully guarded around anyone except her parents.

"You're beautiful…" Seiko murmured without even thinking. Glacies opened his eyes and gave a happy little yip, which brought a smile to the young girl's face. Bringing herself back to the present, Seiko asked, "Well then, I think we've rested long enough. Shall we continue?"

"Glac!" Glacies replied. He stood up and stretched his back like a cat while Seiko replaced her Pokedex on her capri pocket and shouldered her backpack. As they resumed walking, Seiko talked quietly to herself, "The Pokedex also listed your attacks as Tackle, Tail Whip, and Helping Hand. Helping Hand will only be useful in double battles, so it looks like we only have two attacks to work with for the time being."

"Glace…" Glacies remarked with a noncommittal bob of his head. He didn't seem too worried it. After all, his new trainer seemed smart enough for both of them.

"I'm sure you'll learn some new moves once we get in a few battles." As if on cue, the sound of rustling leaves drew Seiko's attention. She looked down and to the left into a thick, leafy bush but she couldn't determine the source of the noise. Glacies tensed, sinking into a slight crouch, and without warning a small brown…something came tearing out of the bush and made a beeline for Seiko. Glacies threw himself in the creature's line of attack and met the charge head-on…literally. Glacies shook his head to clear his vision as the little brown rodent skidded backwards a couple of yards. "Oh! A wild Pokemon!" Seiko uncharacteristically fumbled for her Pokedex and aimed it at the creature.

"Bidoof, the Plump Mouse Pokémon. It gnaws on trees and rocks with its strong front teeth and lives in nests near the water."

"Oh right, now I remember," Seiko said. Pocketing her Pokedex, she told Glacies, "Looks like it's time for our first battle."

"Glace! Glaceon!" Glacies barked in reply. However, the Bidoof didn't give them any reprieve before charging again.

Seiko found herself unable to think fast enough and wasn't sure what to tell Glacies to do. She had read plenty about Pokemon battles that made sense on paper, but it was quite another thing entirely to experience one first-hand. "Watch out!" But it was too late. Bidoof rammed his head into Glacies' side, sending him crashing to the ground with a pained yip. "Oh no! Are you okay, Glacies?"

"Glace…" Glacies replied as he slowly got to his feet. However, determination still shone in his eyes, meaning that he hadn't given up yet.

"Thank goodness…" Seiko said, breathing a sigh of relief. Bidoof started charging again, and Seiko finally recognized it as a Tackle attack. "Dodge it, Glacies!"

"Glac!" Glacies replied sharply. He easily bounded to the left, his speed making Bidoof look unusually slow. Seiko realized that she had seriously underestimated Glacies' ability to battle. She wouldn't make that mistake again.

"Let's try a Tackle attack!" Glacies lowered his head and dashed toward Bidoof at the same time as his opponent. Both heads collided, but Glacies, thanks to the extra momentum from his natural speed, gritted his teeth and managed to force Bidoof back with a determined growl.

"Doof!" Bidoof's expression turned even angrier now that his foe was actually fighting back. As he began another Tackle, Seiko realized that this must be the only move Bidoof knew. If that was the case, then she could predict his movements with ease.

"Glacies, jump to the left and Tackle it from the side!" Seiko ordered, feeling a new surge of confidence.

"Glaceon!" Glacies obeyed perfectly, landing on his back feet first and using that momentum to propel himself forward into Bidoof's side with an extra powerful Tackle. Bidoof actually went airborne before landing roughly several yards away.

"Doof…" Realizing that he had been beaten, Bidoof staggered to his feet and dashed back into the cover of some bushes, disappearing from sight.

It took Seiko a few seconds to realize that she had just won her first battle. "We…did it." Then she burst out laughing. "We did it!" Glacies pranced over and wagged his tail happily as she knelt down and pet him on the head. "You were amazing!"

"Glac! Glace!" Glacies replied, clearly delighted with the praise from his trainer.

"If we keep this up, we'll get stronger in no time," Seiko crooned. She thought privately, 'I feel more confident already. I can't wait to see how I'll change on this journey…'

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    "So what do you think I can use this for?" Jason asked to Vaporeon as he tossed the Dusk Stone up and down as he walked down the pier with his loyal pokemon.

Vaporeon, whom was enjoying the water and was swimming leisurely with his tail kicking up water, glanced up at his trainer. "Va," Vaporeon yawned, not really caring.

Jason huffed. "Some help you are," he grumbled, pocketing the item and glancing up ahead as he finally settled onto land. For good measure he stretched, mentally congragulating himself for almost reaching a new city. "Woah, check that out!" he called to Vaporeon as the water type walked out of the water, body sleak and shiny. He pointed at an orange pokemon with two tails. It had just popped out of the water, body sleak and wet before it shook itself in a fury to rid itself of the dripping water. Curiously, Jason checked his pokedex.
    The Return of the Sinnoh LeagueBuizel, the jet pokemon. It spins its two tails like a screw to propel itself through water at high speeds.

"Sounds both fast and strong," Jason commented, putting the red device away. "Hey, Buizel!" he called to the pokemon. Catching the water type's attention, Buizel tilted its head to show that it was listening. "Wanna battle!?"

A smirk so similar to Jason's spread across Buizel's face. He gestured with a paw. "Bui!"

"Sweet! Get ready, Vaporeon!"

"Va!" Vaporeon barked, jumping in front of its fellow water type, but as soon as he did, Buizel snorted. Vaporeon's fur bristled as he was basically brushed aside.

Buizel was the one who decided to start the battle off. "Zell!" he roared, body becoming a quick blur of orange as it sped quickly towards Vaporeon. With a loud bark, Buizel smashed right into Vaporeon with its Quick Attack. "Buizel!"

"Por!" Vaporeon yelped, stumbling over his own feet as he was bashed backwards. "Va!" he snarled, attempting to swipe the speedy water type with his huge tail, but Buizel had already scuttled back in time.

"Vaporeon, Tackle!" Jason called to his pokemon, watching with interest as Buizel's tail began to glow.

"Po." Vaporeon gave a quick nod before he started charging, webbed ears curled down and head lowered.

"Zel," Buizel spat, spinning. To Jason's surprise, a blast of strong wind shot straight out his pokemon. Vaporeon yelped as the Sonicboom blasted into his head, faltering, but he still kept running.

"That's it!" Jason cheered for his pokemon. "Keep it up!"

"Vaporeo!" Vaporeon called, encouraged by his trainer's calls. Buizel gritted his teeth as his opponent kept charging. With a bellow, he began spinning once more, sending more and more blasts of Sonicbooms. "Por! Por! Por!" Vaporeon called as he dodged each blast. With a smug grin, Vaporeon performed one if his own spins and slammed his tail right into Buizel's gut.

"Zel!" the smaller pokemon gasped, tumbling back and clutching his stomach.

"Good one! Now, use another Tackle!" Jason commanded, pointing a finger at the snarling pokemon.

"Por!" Vaporeon preened, charging again, but Buizel was having none of that. With another bellow, he formed into a blur and blasted right into Vaporeon so that now this time it was Jason's pokemon that had the breath knocked out of it. "Pa!" Vaporeon gasped, staggering a bit from the Quick Attack.

"Bui!" Buizel smirked, tail lighting up once more for another Sonicboom.

Jason scowled. "Sand Attack!" he bellowed.

Eyes gleaming, Vaporeon all to eagerly swept his paw deep into the beach sand and blasted heaps of sand that must have just burned as it got right into Buizel's face and eyes. "Buuiz!" Buizel cried, shaking his head and swiping furiously at his face. Jason, for a moment, felt bad, but that was before Buizel started blasting Sonicboom's all over the place in an effort to make a blind hit.

"Vapro!" Vaporeon yelped, shuddering as one grazed his shoulder, but the water type was doing a great job dodging all the other offending attacks. Unable to take it anymore, Vaporeon slammed into Buizel with a good Tackle.

"Zel," Buizel moaned, sliding back a bit. His eyes were firmly shut before he opened his muzzle to the sky and unleashed several blasts of water, causing it to rain.

Jason blinked. Why on earth would Buizel use Water Sport? His answer was answered as the water fell onto Buizel's face, easily washing away the Sand Attack. To say Jason was impressed was an understatement. "Vaporeon, try another Sand Attack!"

"Zel," Buizel scoffed, taking a deep breath and blasting a Water Gun straight at Vaporeon. The blast of water went straight through the flinging sand and washed all over Vaporeon. "Zellb," Buizel exclaimed proudly, thinking he had finally won, but he could only blink in shock as Vaporeon began to glow.

"Vaap," Vaporeon moaned happily, feeling his health come back from that refreshing attack.

Jason, having no idea what was going on, pulled out his pokedex. Water Absorb: The pokemon heals up to 1/4 of its maximum hit points when hit with a water type attack, it intoned.

"Nice," Jason commened, grinning widely at a nervous Buizel. "Vaporeon, you ready for this?" Vaporeon bobbed his head up and down eagerly. "That's just what I wanted to hear! Tackle!"

"Vaa!"

Buizel growled lowly and began spinning once more, sending out its Sonicboom attack. "Ze!"

Vaporeon grinned impishly as he dodged the attacks almost effortlessly thanks to that boost of strength. Buizel seemed to realize that it was too late and that he would continue to dodge each attack, but before Buizel even took a step back to get away, Vaporeon slammed his tail right across the other water type's side, sending it skidding toward the water. "Poreon!"

"Zee," Buizel groaned, staggering to his feet.

"Wow, its still up," Jason commented, blinking at the pokemon. "Vaporeon, try another... what?" Buizel was shaking his head and holding up a paw in defeat.

"Bui buizel bui," it panted, grinning at the two. It lowered its paw and took a deep breath, obviously worn out but pleased with the battle. "Zel," it said, nodding to both Vaporeon and Jason before padding into the water and offering a wave in return before disappearing altogether.

Jason waved back. "Thanks for the battle!" he called back.

"Preo pro!" Vaporeon barked, sitting down with a sigh, feeling extremely pleased with himself for that hard battle. A hand running down his head sent deep purrs rumbling in his throat.

"That was a great battle, Vaporeon," Jason congragulated. "Come on, let's get out of here."

Zeph.

Years
    @silvanarrow: It's good to see Seiko and Glacies getting along already :)

Congratulations! Glaceon (Glacies) grew to lv.7!

@Wolfwhispers: Nice battle! Good preperation for the next Gym challenge :D

Congratulations! Vaporeon grew to lv.13!

silvanarrow

Years
    Chapter 2: Part 2 of 2

Seiko and Glaceon walked in companionable silence for the next couple of hours, Seiko occasionally making an awed remark about the scenery or some other sight that fascinated her. Books really couldn't compare to actually experiencing a journey first hand, and this was only the first day! Finally she managed to turn her attention toward the future. If she wanted to do well at the gyms and defeat their leaders, then she would need more than just one Pokemon. As strong as Glacies was, he couldn't take on a whole gym leader's roster by himself.

"I wonder…" Seiko pulled out her Pokedex, and with a few deft button presses, had a list of Pokemon commonly found in Route 202. "Let's see…we've already fought a Bidoof, but there's also Shinx, Kricketot at night, the occasional Sentret, and…"

A rustling from overhead caught Seiko and Glacies' attention, and they both looked up into the thick, foliated branches of a nearby oak tree. "Glace?" Glacies wondered. He trotted over to the tree's trunk but couldn't see through the heavy canopy of leaves. He looked back over his shoulder at Seiko expectantly, wordlessly asking for a command.

"Um…what to do… Oh, I've got an idea! Try using a Tackle on the tree!"

"Glace?!" Glacies yipped, unsure if he had heard correctly. He regarded the thick trunk warily. It was a big tree. "Glac…" he said with a resigned sigh. He took a few steps back and then leaped forward, ramming his body sidelong against the wooden mass.

A surprised "Star!" echoed from the branches at the same time as the sound of two small masses colliding. An Oran berry fell to the ground from the shaken branches, followed by a small mass of brown and white feathers. The little bird managed to right itself and hovered mid-air, a berry-sized bump on its head as its expression portrayed annoyance and anger at whoever had the nerve to disturb its lunch.

"Oh, that's a Starly!" Seiko exclaimed, recognizing it from when flocks would migrate past Canalave City. "Glacies, let's try to catch it!"

"Glaceon!" Glacies replied, all too eager to oblige as he sank into a battle crouch.

"Let's start off with a Tackle!" Glacies quickly charged forward and leaped into the air after his opponent. Luckily, he had speed on his side, and he landed a solid hit on Starly.

"Ly!" Starly cried in surprise as it hit the ground rather roughly. However, it wasn't anywhere near done fighting. It hopped to its feet, opened its wings in a threatening posture, and opened its beak to emit a shrill screech. "Starlyyyyy!!!!" Glacies flinched from the Growl.

'Growl will make Glacies' Tackle weaker, so I'll counter with…' Seiko called, "Glacies, use Tail Whip!"

"Glac!" Glacies opened his eyes and jumped back, shaking his head to get rid of the aftereffects of that Growl. His expression turned mischievous as he wagged his tail cutely at Starly in an almost teasing manner.

"Starly!" Starly chirped indignantly. However, its next move caught Glacies and Seiko completely off-guard. Leaping back into the air, it flew straight at Glacies and built up speed much faster than just a Tackle. Starly moved too quickly for Seiko to track its movements, and it rammed headlong into Glacies' side.

"Ceeee!" Glacies flew backwards from the impact and landed roughly on the ground, skidding a couple more feet before coming to a stop. Starly somersaulted mid-air and wheeled back around to face Glacies, waiting to make its next move.

"Glacies, don't give up!" Seiko shouted, trying to will her own strength into her partner. Glacies staggered to his feet, gritting his teeth against the pain of the bruise that was quickly forming on his side. "That was much too fast and powerful to be a Tackle. It must be a Quick Attack." Just then, Starly started building up speed for another Quick Attack even though Glacies was still jarred from the last one. Luckily, Seiko was more prepared this time. "Leap up and dodge it!"

"Ceon!" Glacies pushed off with his hind legs and leaped over Starly in the nick of time, missing its beak by a couple of inches.

"Now try another Tackle!" Glacies landed on his feet and whirled around for the attack, but Starly was too quick and easily flew over it. "It's so fast…" Seiko cast frantic glances around the area, looking for something, anything, to give her an idea. Then a large, leafy bush caught her eye, and she thought back to the battle she had with Bidoof earlier. Starly came in for another Quick Attack. "Glacies, take cover in the bushes!" Seiko commanded.

"Glac!" Glacies narrowly dodged the attack and dived into the refuge of the bushes.

"Starly!" the bird cried in surprise as it had to backwing sharply to keep from crashing into the dense undergrowth. Wings and feathers were definitely not suited to cover like that. "Starly? Star?" Starly looked from side to side and down into the bushes in confusion but couldn't see Glacies through the tangle of leaves and twigs. When Glacies didn't show himself for several long moments, Starly got a little bolder and moved closer to the bushes, hovering from one side to the other until he had turned a one-eighty during his search and was now facing Seiko.

That was what she was waiting for. Just as Bidoof had caught her off guard by attacking from the bushes, maybe it would work for Glacies. "Now, Glacies! Tackle it from behind!"

"Glaceee!" Glacies erupted from the bushes and leaped high into the air, angling his body sharply downward to ram his head brutally into Starly's exposed back. Gravity did the rest, using the downward force to send both battles crashing into the ground. Glacies recovered quickly and jumped to his feet, taking up a protective crouch between Seiko and his opponent. Starly, however, was nearly down for the count. It staggered along the ground as it tried in vain to lift its wings.

"Now's my chance!" Seiko unclipped a Pokeball from her belt and pushed the center button to expand it to full size. "Pokeball, go!" She threw the metal orb as hard as she could, and it struck the prone Starly square in the chest and engulfed it in a mass of red light. Seiko and Glacies stood motionless, frozen in anticipation as they watched the Pokeball rock back and forth.

"Come on, stay in there…"

OOC: As you can see, I was feeling a bit daring and went for a Lv. 5 capture with a Quick Attack Starly. Hope it was good enough!

Zeph.

Years
    @silvanarrow - Not bad at all :P Nothing like using your surroundings to your advantage :P

Congratulations! Seiko caught a lv.5 female Starly!
    Glaceon (Glacies) grew to lv.8 and learned Sand-Attack!

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    There was new light for Ian who was now on a boat from his home in Olivine City of the Johto Region to the Sinnoh region where the new professor would be giving away starter pokemon to a few lucky first arrival trainers. You could see it on his face he now had a new sense of determination then he had just a few days earlier. It had been a long time since his brother had died crossing the ocean, and it had taken five years and a mysterious letter to get him over it.

"This is where everything changes, i'll continue what you starter Caine, and become a champion!" Ian said as he raised his fist in the air and realized that the ship would be docking any moment. He packed up his things from his room and then headed towards the deck of the ship.

After a few moments of waiting for the ship to dock and for the captain to signal for passenger to leave, he was finally on his way to the Professors lab which was about a mile away according to the map his father gave him. The fact that he was walking and not sprinting towards the lab showed how relaxed and calm he was, he knew that it was on a first come first serve basis but he felt it was apart of his destiny that he caught the professors commerical from the corner of his eye, and that he was now on his way to his lab. After about a twenty minute walk Ian was now standing in front of the door, he grabbed a hold of the handle and took a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing" Ian said turning the handle and entering the lab to find that no one seemed to be there. "Excuse me is anywhere there?" Suddenly a man came from another room and Ian instantly recognized him as the man from the commerical.

"Ahh you must be a new trainer" The professor exclaimed with a smile.

"Yes, and i'm here to recieve a pokemon!" Ian said happily.

"Of course, unfortunatly the last one was just given away moments ago, I am very sorry" The professor said with a sad look on his face.

"Oh... then I guess it wasn't fate.." Ian said as he lost a bit of confidence there before turning to the door. "Thanks anyways I guess".

"Ahem, I was just joking around theres still one more pokemon left, now tell me what is your name, and why are you looking to be a trainer?" The professor asked.

"My name is Ian from Olivine City in the Johto Region, and i've come here to be a trainer because I feel it is part of my destiny, and that by doing so I can finish what my older brother started before he died" Ian said with a confident look.

"Well that is quite a journey to make when your not even sure if there would be any pokemon left, and i'm very sorry to hear about your brother, so hold on one second" The professor said before heading back into the room he came from, then coming back out moments later. "Here you go this will be your starter pokemon, five pokeballs and a pokdex, take care Ian and work hard I believe in you otherwise I would not have given you that pokemon" he said before heading back to the original room.

"Finally my very own pokemon!" Ian said calmly before heading outside of the lab and letting his pokemon out.

"Es-espeon!" the pokemon said softly as Ian pulled out the poxedex from his backpack.

"Espeon the phsyic evolved form of Eevee" the pokedex said.

Ian bent down next to the Espeon and started patting it's head softly. "Hey Espeon i'm Ian and i'm your new trainer" he said with a smile as Espeon smiled back. And with that Ian's journey had begun in the Sinnoh region wether or not this was actually his destiny would be found out one way or another. Regardless of that for one moment he was extermely happy.

Zeph.

Years
    @Sacred+Beo - Good first post. Ian's certainly determined :P

Congratulations! Ian recieved a lv.5 female Espeon!

Ian also recieved a Pokedex and pokeballs!

Zeph.

Years
    @pokemonmastertriplex - Yep, sign ups are still open. If you want to join in then could you post your SU in the OOC Thread please :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back