• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Return of Touch Screen Features

Do you want the games to be entirely playable using the touch screen?

• Total voters

Joshawott

Banned
Years
  • Introduced in HeartGold and SoulSilver was the ability to play the entire games using only the touch screen. People like myself like to take a break from the use of buttons sometimes. How about you? Would you like to see this feature return in Black and White 2? Why or why not?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Of course I do! I loved that in HGSS I didn't have to hold B to run.
    I also loved how I didn't have to press X to open the menu.

Touch screen running shoes in B2W2.
    Do it Nintendo.
    Do. It.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    How about we bring back Pokemon that follow us around first, then we'll talk automatic running shoes?

Alder

I know every corner of Unova.
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    How about we bring back Pokemon that follow us around first, then we'll talk automatic running shoes?

Why? It's not like we're limited to one feature a game; no reason not to talk about what we want.

I love the idea of the menu on the bottom screen, but I think they wouldn't know what to do with the C-Gear in that case. But it is possible that it would be a tabbed menu, with "menu", "C-Gear", and maybe a 3rd or fourth tab to switch back and forth lol. I would enjoy that!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I want to see the touch screen utilized again. Having the C-Gear located there is near useless unless you're somewhere where others playing the game will be nearby, and you're near an outlet to address its battery power cravings. But while having a menu down there would be ideal for convenience, I'd even take a Poketch-type function there like in D/P/Pt... at least that could be used for things that don't involve multiplayer.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey guys just reminding you that if you wanna discuss old features you wanna bring back, use the Dark Fantasy thread, and if you wanna discuss an enhanced C-Gear, use that. Juuust in case. :3

Anyway, I dunno, I'd much rather keep it as is. While the fun things the touch screen brought about were good, as Alder said, idk where the C-Gear would go so I doubt with that much will happen. :(

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Ugh. Who cares about the C-gear. If you wanted to use it, why didn't they just make it so you had to open it through the menu. I loved that HGSS had the menu on the touch screen, and saw it as a step back that it was put back onto the top screen. Or how about having the option of choosing what goes on the touch screen while you're in the overworld.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I liked the way they did this in HGSS, it made the Running Shoes so much easier to use so I'd like to see a return of this yeah.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Introduced in HeartGold and SoulSilver was the ability to play the entire games using only the touch screen. People like myself like to take a break from the use of buttons sometimes. How about you? Would you like to see this feature return in Black and White 2? Why or why not?

I'm sure the ONLY reason the touch menu from HGSS was not included in BW was because the two games were developed by two different teams at the same time. One team gave us super smart user interface, the other team found a way to make trading pokemon locally faster and easier.

both contributions are valuable, but I do miss those menus. (and long walks on the beach with Mawile... :'()

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
    Years
  • heck yea they should bring it back it made the HG/SS alot more fun and convienient, it seriously could be useful to some of us with sticky/or useless etters *srry might be my problem only had the system long time* but i love the idea with multiple tabs for the touch screen for c-gear and the such^^

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, it was very convenient in HG, I hope it will be in B2/W2 but I do doubt it, unless they somehow mix it in with the C-Gear.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • Metro-style interface, people! That's going to be the future of our menus in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. I would love to see Heart Gold and Soul Silver's interface make a comeback, though.

dnomyar27

Beginning VulpixEevee Lover
    Years
  • like many of you says, HGSS touch screen is awesome, if they just do it again, so we can have the main items like bike, rod, etc anytime we wanna use em. Well i want a Meloetta in that game, and i like more the children, the adult, traveling with pokemon, well i like more the younger ones. have a nice day

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Metro-style interface, people! That's going to be the future of our menus in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. I would love to see Heart Gold and Soul Silver's interface make a comeback, though.

Metro-style? What's that? You mean it would look like trains or something?

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • The HG/SS interface in B2/W2? Great idea. Make Pokemon be able to follow you again as well? Even better idea.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • Brilliant idea. I think that would be the ideal thing to do. You could easily have space to include a square which changes the touch screen to the C-Gear.

And I really want not having to run everywhere myself, my B button has been so abused.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    YES!!!!!111
    HG/SS have the best interface in all Pokemon in my opinion. I don't mind not having Pokemon to follow you, but the interface is a must in B2/W2, I can't even play properly B/W due to the fact that I clocked over 300 hours on my HG save file.

Back