• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Road to Pokemon Master!

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Theo observed the Charm attack that the Azurill, apparently named Azu, used. He knew that Charm lowered attacking power, now he would have to rely on wits instead of power. Magby seemed captivated by the ongoing Charm attack.

"Magby, use your Leer attack." Theo said cooly.

Magby stood still for a moment, partially because of Charm and partially because it was untrained. After what seemed like ages Magby finally turned its eyes stone cold and stared at Azu in a cruel Leer. Theo knew Leer would be most effective at stopping an oppenent from attacking when the attacker was new.

(OOC: I'm just going with the anime effects of the attacks. So what style do we battle in anyways? Anime or game style?)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    (OOC: I'm thinking more like anime style unless Nukoe objects. Because then we know somewhat how to portrait attacks, and if we try to be too true to the game, it gets boring. We can be imaginitive :D )

Azu startled and seemed to get a bit afraid all of a sudden. Akura didn't know why, but watched the boy. He had ordered the Magby to use a 'Leer Attack'. She'd have to look up that later. It did seem to intimidate her Azurill, probably lowering its attack. But she had another strategy up her sleeve, having checked Azurill's pokédex page.

"Azu, use Bubble! Magby is weak to water attacks!"

Azu seemed to hesitate, but complied. He drew his breath and blew a rather wide spray of bubbles, going quite fast towards Magby as if they wanted to wrap themselves around the fire pokémon and explode fiercely. You could see the bristling power in the bubbles if you looked closely... or if you simply were so willing to imagine things as Akura was at the moment.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    "Magby, duck." Theo tried to get Magby to dodge, but it was still to untrained.

Had Magby had better reflexes, he would've been able to avoid the Bubble attack. Instead, Magby took a faceful of bubbles. In a cloud of smoke, Magby was sent flywing backwords, it hit the ground hard.

"Magby, this isn't over yet." Theo said, attempting to encourage Magby.

It worked, it took Magby a few seconds to recover its breath but it got up in a jolt. It was now or never for an all out attack.

"Magby, use your Ember." commanded Theo.

Magby opened its mouth (OOC: Beak?) and fire erupted from the depths of Magby. The flames rushed at Azurill.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    (OOC: BEAK xD I really don't know what to call that thing Magby and Magmar have... mouth.)

Akura's eyes widened and Azu's eyes shut close as the embers rushed over the baby pokémon's skin. It burned and made the pokémon squeal, but Akura's mind worked faster than she had thought possible. She ran forward and grabbed Azu's tail. It was at least as big as Azu's whole body. She held it up in front of the tiny pokémon, but she got hit by the embers herself... her skin burned and a thought flew through her mind. She had to put on several band aids later. One stray ember fell into her hair and made a yucky smell of burned hairs stream out into the air. Luckily, the ember attack wasn't fiery enough to make her hair start to flame up at least.

Azurill's tail was hurt and as Azu wasn't used to getting hurt, it took it quite badly. But Akura gave it the tiniest of pushes.

"Don't be like that," she said. "It's nothing. We're strong. Ok? I'm helping you. Like you're helping me."

Azu's eyes grew even wider than her own. It seemed to understand... at least a little part of what she meant. It turned to face the Magby again, who was looking ready to attack even more. Azu's almost invisible eyebrows lowered.

'That's the spirit,' Akura thought and let the pokémon jump out of her arms. She stood up and looked at Theo again. He looked so cold... so untouched. Was he insensitive or simply strong?

"Azu..." she said. "Run forward and then use Bubble!"

The Azurill took a tiny leap and ran forward, albeit pretty slow due to its tiny legs, its tail bouncing after it. When it had gotten a bit closer to Magby than before, it took a deep breath again and blew out Bubbles with accelerated speed towards the fire pokémon.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    (OOC: I don't know, it kinda looks like a beak. On magmar, it looks more like a bill.)

Theo had to try pretty hard to supress a chuckle at the now slighly-crispy trainer before him. That's when the little Azuril charged Magby. It unleashed yet another Bubble attack. He knew Magby couldn't dodge so there was only one thing.

"Magby, counter with your ember." Theo said.

Magby's flames met the bubbles of the Azurill. It resuled in a force that was like to an explosion of steam. Theo wasn't paying attention to Azurill so he didn't know what happened to it, but Magby flew backwards again, this time it looked seriously hurt. Theo rushed over to it and knealt down beside the red Pokemon.

It was covered in dirt and scratches. It got up, but it was stumbling. It didn't look like it could go on much longer. He was a new Pokemon and didn't deserve to get so beat up on its first battle. He picked up Magby in his arms.

"I think this battle is over, neither of our Pokemon have the strength to go on without severly hurting themselves." Theo said, recalling Magby back to its Pokeball.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Akura shielded herself with her arms, when the explosion came towards her. It wasn't anything serious, but a lot of steam headed out from the origin of the blast. When the smoke got clearer, she could see Azu stumbling around before her, trying to maintain a firm grip of the ground without falling.

She could see the other trainer rushing forwards, kneeling down beside his pretty badly scratched up pokémon. She had been right to suppose the flame-looking pokémon couldn't take much water type attacks

"I think this battle is over, neither of our Pokemon have the strength to go on without severly hurting themselves." the boy said, recalling Magby back to its Pokeball.

Akura looked at Azu again. It was still standing up, it could have won... but did it matter? She had merely wanted to test out the pokémon. Maybe it was a bit selfish towards Azu. Maybe the boy was right. Probably.

"Right," she said, walking forward to the Azumarill and patting it until it stood still. She sent it back into its pokéball as well. "Well... thank you."

She was still looking at him, not sure how to proceed. She had already been unusually bold today. But it had gone well so far. She could see the girl with the Togepi, Tallie, watching them from afar.

"Who are you?" she asked the boy, still sitting down, a couple of meters away from him.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Theo looked at his Pokeball.

"You fought well." he whispered to it.

"Just who are you." the girl whom he had just battled asked him, sitting a few meters away.

"I am known as Theodore Grantle of Olivine City." Theo said, the last part slipping out of his mouth before he could control it. At school, he was taught to address himself as Theodore Grantle, son of Frederick Grantle. but since he resented his father so much his uncle had told him to call himself Theodore Grantle of Olivine City.

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • ((OOC: Yes, RHCP has it right. Just do what feels creative, follow a bit of the game rules, but mimic the individuality of the Anime. :P And RHCP, I think it'd be best to have the Elites be like in the game. Make life easier. However, I am open to suggestion!))

"Hi Tallie" ... "And Piper." said the underdeveloped girl.

Piper again allowed a short smile to rest upon her round face. Cleffa had finally given up on glowering towards the innocent Togepi. She'd accepted that she had won, at least in her mind.

"Would any one of you like to battle right now? ..." again, she spoke, but before the vane girl had a chance to respond, she was interrupted. Another new trainer ran past the group of girls. It was a boy, a peculiar boy. His hair coloring was blue, and Piper had never seen anything like the oddity her hair was on another before.

Azu, Akura's Pokemon had managed to upset the boy's Magby, and before she knew it, the two began battle.

Cleffa watched silently, observing every attack and command, drinking the actions in and learning. The curious fairy waved about her little arms, kind of like in a metronome fashion without the effect. The battle carried on, and the Pokemon involved got more than a little hurt. Piper winced at the scene.

Finally, the boy seemed to forfeit. Akura and the blue haired lad exchanged names, and all seemed decent once more.

Piper was in no mood to battle just yet. She knew that she needed to gain Sweety's trust. Losing was no option when it came to love and trust. In the midst of her thoughts, her little pink pride and joy began to fuss around in the basket.

"Fa, fa fa!" it chimed out. CLICK! One of the five Pokeballs given to Piper by the Professor had opened up, and out popped a figure.

When the figure had finished forming, it became clear. Large fox-like ears twitched and the poof ball shook it's entire body, happy to be free. "Vee, Ee?" it murmured, glancing up first at Cleffa, then to Piper. "Vee!" she understood, and embraced the new family.

"Wow!" the young emerald eyed girl yelled out. "Look everyone, it seems like Professor Oak didn't just give us one, but two Pokemon!" then looking to the Eevee and pulling out her Pokedex, she focused it on Eevee and the entry began. It explained that Eevee was the fox Pokemon's identity and that it knew Tackle and Tail Whip.

The little Eevee instinctively began to lick Piper's arm in happiness, "You're so sweet... I'm going to call you Sweets." Piper was overwhelmed with happiness, "Sweety and Sweets. Do ya like it?" she barked out and curled into a ball inside the basket.

::RolePlay Updates::
    ::RHCP- Azu grew to level 6! Akura obtained Eevee Lvl 5!
    ::TNHax- Magby grew to level 6! Theo obtained Eevee Lvl 5!
    ::Nukoe- Piper obtained Eevee Lvl 5!
    ::Tehila- Tallie obtained Eevee Lvl 5!
    ::MasterΩMind- Tenzai obtained Eevee Lvl 5!
    ::Ask_Ketchum123- Leone obtained Pichu lvl 5! Leone obtained Eevee lvl 5!

Route 1- A smallish area with trees, tall grassy areas and ledges. It leads from Pallet Town to Viridian City.

Available Pokemon-
    Pidgey- Gust, Sand Attack
    Rattata- Tail Whip, Tackle

(Levels will be explained upon capture.)
    ((PM ME AND TELL ME WHAT EEVEELUTION INTERESTS YOU!!!))

Last edited:

Tehila

Just here for the cake. (:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Tallie watched the two battle carefully, analyzing every attack. She scribbled everything down quickly, trying not to miss a detail. When it was all done and finished, looking into her book, it was a bunch of unorganized chaos, but to her, it all made perfect sense. At the end of the battle, her eyes were overflowing with amazement, the 10 year old had seen many Pokemon, never a battle in person and so close. The only thing that brought her back to reality was little Alla tugging on her leg. "Pi," it squealed, "Togepi!"

"Oh?" Tallie watched Piper open up a Pokeball given to her, and the small fox creature form in a flash of light. "It's so cute!"

Her hand immediately went to her bag, and she shuffled through what sounded like a room full of things until she produced a Pokeball. She eagerly clicked the button on it, anxiously awaiting, but nothing came out. Her face flushed quickly when she realized she had found the wrong one. Her hand quickly returned it, and went back to searching so intently she barely notice the real Pokeball drop out onto the ground beside Alla. "It has to be here somewhere!" She moaned, almost ready to dump her entire bag out. Meanwhile, the little Togepi picked the ball up, using what seemed like all it's might and stood on it's tiptoes to try and hand it to Tallie. "Togeeeepi!" it peeped, bumping into her leg.

Tallie looked down, letting out a nervous laugh, "Oh, there it is." She took the ball carefully from Alla, giving her a little pat on the head as thanks. "I don't know what I'd do without you." Her fingers brushed the button before she pushed it, releasing her own Eevee, who looked quite spunky upon arrival. It barked, and sniffed Alla, investigating it's new surroundings. "Hello, little guy," it's ears perked at the sound of it's masters voice, "You need a name, how's.... Tobi?" It barked in agreement, and Alla seemed to be quite pleased with it too, Tallie couldn't help but smile. "Then Tobi it is."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Akura nodded to Theodore Grantle of Olivine City. "I'm Akura Zino... from Pallet," she said, not really knowing if the last words were necessary.

Then she carefully retreated Azu in its pokéball and got up. She saw Piper suddenly realize they all had been given Eevees. She gave hers the nickname Sweets... Akura wrinkled her nose. She was beginning to judge the pink girl already, but who could blame her?

Tallie had an Eevee as well. And apparently a very big bag. Akura held back a little giggle, when Tallie finally found a pokéball ... which turned out to be empty. But then she called the right pokéball up, and named her Eevee Tobi. Nicknames seemed to be rather a rule than an exception. Akura glanced at the pokéball containing the hurt Azurill. It probably needed lot of rest now. She hoped it hadn't been brushed up so badly by the embers and all that it needed medical treatment.

Wait... she probably had an Eevee too, right? She pulled out the pokéballs professor Oak had given her from the side compartment of her bag. She'd have to get some kind of belt to fasten them with, or she wouldn't be able to pull them out fast enough when battle called... at least she guessed that.

"This one," she mumbled and sent the Eevee out on the grass. It appeared and immediately shook its head as if it had been sitting uncomfortable for a while. Its fur glanced in the slight sunlight that got through the yellowish clouds on the otherwise deeply blue sky. The Eevee looked up on her and blinked, leaning its head slightly to the side. They stood like that for a moment, as if they had a staring competition, and then it struck Akura; the Eevee was female.

But she wouldn't judge... it was a pokémon, not a human. It didn't care about her tomboyish looks, right? Actually it didn't seem to care much at all. When Akura didn't act, it turned its leaned head around to look at its cousins among the other trainers. It waved its tail slightly.

Akura sighed and sat down. "Hi," she said. The Eevee turned back to her. Its expression was pretty much unintelligible. Akura couldn't help thinking of her own mirror image. Could it be that Eevees adapted pretty much to what kind of people they were with? Or maybe this Eevee simply had a nature like this. At least it didn't look angry.

"I'm Akura," she continued. "I guess I'm your trainer."

Eevee leaned its head even more, looking straight at the girl.

"I'm not sure you can understand everything... well, actually you probably do. All the pokémon I've met have understood me. You're smart, aren't you?"

Eevee made a little sound, without looking away or changing posture.

"I need a smart member on this team. Do you want to be my partner?"

Eevee yawned and crept up in a little pile of its own fur, probably its tail. It didn't seem to listen to Akura anymore. Akura facepalmed. She'd been given a pokémon who clearly thought she was unworthy to train it. Well, she'd fix that. Eventually.

"Eevee, return," she said and the pokémon was dragged back by a red beam into its pokéball, without struggling against it.

A bit jealous, she watched the other Eevees cuddle with their trainers. But she wanted a challenge. All was good. She probably should go home to pick up some things, and then get moving... on her journey. She was going to do what Caro had done. Only even better... he was cheering for her, she knew that.

She caught sight of Theodore Grantle of Olivine City again. Was she going to say something more to him? Good bye? See you on the road? ... nah. She simply nodded towards him before leaving the Oak Research Lab garden and started walking the dusty road home to her house.

(OOC: Next post I'm either writing a little about Akura's interactions with her family, or I'll just skip to the beginning of route 1. Maybe even passing the Oak Lab again if some are still there by that time ^^ I'll try not to make posts too long ^^)

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • ((OOC: Make them as long as you'd like. (: I love reading other people's posts. They make me chuckle!))

Piper glanced down at her Cleffa and now Eevee. They were both exceptional to her, cute and seemingly obedient. Then her striking eyes lingered down to the remaining Pokeballs. They were sitting still within her basket, next to her Pokedex, which she decided she'd try and make pink, and the potion. These Pokeballs were empty, Piper knew, but what she did not know happened to be how to capture a Pokemon.

A bit frustrated with her new realization, Piper's face reddened. She again looked at Sweety and Sweets, the Cleffa was busy watching the Eevees emerge. Piper's Eevee was still in a ball, but she had managed to twist her body in such a manner that it was looking back at the trainer.

"My Pokemon are much prettier." said the satin haired girl, haughtily. And then she stormed off towards Viridian City.

She passed Theo and Akura, flipping her hair with her free arm. Passed Tillie, which Piper for some reason respected, but Cleffa seemed to have her own ideas. As its owner walked by, Sweety puffed up at the Togepi, and seemed to be trying to taunt her. There was an intensity in her eyes, something full of hate and vengeance. Piper couldn't comprehend what the young egg Pokemon had done to cross her, but then, she didn't have much reason for disliking Akrua either. Finally, when it felt sufficient, Cleffa turned back around, and faced the front of the basket. It's expression mimicked Piper's, there was a spiteful smirk, and a leap to her stride. They definitely had an arrogance around them, all except for the Eevee.

Being away from them now, Piper huffed and puffed. "I'm going to have the worlds most adorable, and strong Pokemon," Eevee's ears perked up, it turned to look at Cleffa and Cleffa patted the fox on the head. "And that black haired girl..." What was her name? The female in the pink, doll dress paused in her stride. "Oh, yeah," she'd remembered, and with a thick intensity in her speech, she seethed out, "Akura."

"Clef, fa fa." the fairy smiled, providing support to its new friend. "Vee." she nodded, eyes glossing over with small sobs of affection. It knew that with Piper it was in good hands, and felt safe, but unlike the other two, Eevee could empathize. Piper began to walk once more, this time without a bounce, her speed dropped.

And as they went, Cleffa began experimenting with her arms and legs. Eevee, noting the rhythm began to catch on, perking up she began to wag her tail. It was cute, they began to mimic one another, barking up what sounded like chants.

It hadn't been long at all, Piper was only about a block into Route 1 and then a Rattata appeared...

Following it's appearance came a shattering scream.

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Theo was done exchanging pleasentries. He knew the girls name, as any two battlers should at least know their oppositions name. He walked off, as many others did. He pointed himself in the direction of Viridian. He noticed a pink-haired girl in front of him, probably by about ten meters. She seemed to be taking to her Pokemon.

Theo didn't want to release Magby because he was still to weak, he needed to get to the Viridian Pokemon Center. He decided he would give his Eevee a look. After a little trial and error an Eevee finally popped out, he strapped its Pokeball to the belt he kept concealed beneath his jacket. There he also kept his Pokedex, and a few his one Potion. He could keep up to three Potions in his belt, this was just in case he would need one in short notice.

The Eevee was on the larger side. It seemed a tiny bit more muscular than that of the common Eevee. It moved in bounds rather than in strides for the most part, it made it look like it skipped all the time. At closer inspection it was a Male Eevee. It looked up at him with large, almond eyes. It gave a short 'vui' and continued on. It didn't seem to particullary dislike Theo, nor did it show any real signs of affection towards him. It would take awhile for Theo to figure out this one's personalitly, and he still had not a clue about Magby either. If his Pokemon were supposed to be his friends, he would have to train these two a lot more before he could even consider catching another.

That's when Theo heard the girl in front of him shriek. For some reason, it seemed instinctive for Theo to pick up the pace and see what was going on. Eevee also had to take larger leaps in order to catch up. What he saw was a small Ratatta. It seemed to be more scared of the screaming girl than she was of it. Theo had had enough of the girl's insolence so he attempted to calm her, mainly so he could be on his way with less interuptions.

"It's just a Ratatta." he said. "Look, you're scaring it more than it's scaring you."

Tehila

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Alla couldn't help but return her gaze to the Cleffa that was staring her down like no other. It's little eyes flashed with unease, almost as if it predicted the rivalry to come in the future.

Tallie finished welcoming Tobi to her new 'family' and looked around carefully. everyone else was headed for Route one, and it seemed the only two left were herself and Akura. She tried hard not to judge, but it was beyond her control to categorize this girl under the 'tomboy' label. She just had that aura, that said 'pink and frills are not for me.' That made Tallie giggle a little, she had met two complete opposites in the same day. Piper was the pink and frills and Akura was the boyish with shorts and a tee-shirt. In fact, the whole group of them made quite a cast of characters thus far. There was Piper and Akura, and Theo, who seemed to be the headstrong boy. There was also the two boys that had already gone running off to who knows where. What was she? The nerdy girl? Or maybe the quite, reserved one? Tallie picked up Alla, still thinking, and returned Tobi to his Pokeball. She figured it'd be much easier to keep one companion outside it's ball than to keep track of two or even more.

She looked over at Akura, and used her pointer finger to push her glasses up farther onto her nose. "Well, I guess it's time to get moving," she said, reluctantly, feeling the anticipation and nerves set in. Getting her Togepi was one thing, but now finally leaving for her journey made it all too real. "I don't mean to be forward, but perhaps you'd like to travel with us," she paused for a moment, and then quickly added in, "At least until we get to the next town." She tried to be very calculated with her words. "I don't mean to be rude to any of our new friends, but I don't exactly have a powerhouse on my team, and with your Azurill tired, neither do you."

Tallie hoped that didn't sound rude, but thinking back, she figured she might have insulted her. The truth was the truth, no matter how you put it. She gave a weak smile, trying to lighten what she said some.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    (OOC: I had already made Akura walk away from the lab towards her home ^^".... but we can pretend she had already packed everything she needed before coming there, so they can go immediately to route 1.)

Akura was a bit surprised by the nerdy looking girl's request. She wasn't thinking of the words as rude though, quite the opposite. Seldom people asked her to join them for more than a game of some sport or that kind of activities. But then... this girl didn't seem to be as, well, annoying as some others. And she was definitely right about Azu's condition. And the Eevee in the other pokéball... let's just say Akura realized she wouldn't be able to really face anything out on the road until Azu had rested up a bit. Pokémon normally healed much faster than humans did on their own, but still.

Therefore, she nodded, eyes fixed on Tallie, trying to figure her out but deciding she maybe would with time. "I... That sounds like a good idea," she replied rather weakly, but then shaped up. "I had planned to get to Viridian City today. Shall we go?"

And she started walking away from the Oak Research Lab (OOC: Again xDDD), her black pigtails shining blueish in the pale sunlight. She was wondering if Tallie would follow her... but then, she had been the one to ask. She probably would. Walking with her back towards the girl with the glasses, Akura smiled silently. Having someone wanting to travel with her, if only for a while, did lift a tiny pebble from Akura's heart.

After only a few steps though, she could feel something twist in her pocket. Her hand quickly flew to it, and she noticed one of the two occupied pokéballs (which she had minimized and put in her pocket instead of in the bag) wasn't still. Before she could even form an idea to do something about it, the pokéball sprung open.

"Wha-"

"Eeeevuii!" the pokémon coming out said and rustled its head so the big ears flew forth and back.

"What are you doing, Eevee?" Akura said, rather confused. Weren't pokémon supposed to stay inside their pokéballs?

The Eevee simply started walking the same way Akura was headed, almost without looking at its trainer. It didn't seem angry or mean, it just looked blank. What a... difficult creature, Akura thought. Well. She'd let it be outside the pokéball if it wanted to. After all, she wouldn't want to be stuck inside one either. And after only a few seconds walk, Eevee's nickname came to her like a lightning bolt from a clear sky. Not that it was the least strange for an Eevee to be named that... but from now on she was Eve.

Last edited:

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • "It's just a Rattata." said the blue haired boy, he was now next to Piper. This caused her to shudder more. She'd not heard him approaching and he nearly scared the daylights out of her.

"Shut up," she squeaked at him, "it's not just a Rattata, it's a rat." Clearly, the boy's attempt to calm the self-independent proclaiming girl was a loss.

"Eevee, get it!" commanded Piper, and Sweets bounded out of the basket and landed roughly on the ground. The fox wasn't exactly aware of the fact that she was about to go into battle. All she knew was that she wished to defend her new family.

"Vei Ee," the tiny, brown female barked and turned it's backside at the Rattata. Swishing her tail in its face seemed to irritate the foe. Instead of attacking, the Rattata mimicked Sweets' movements, and there they were, standing tail to tail, just swaying.

Piper was bewildered, what would she do next? First, she closed her gaping mouth, after Cleffa slapped her fair cheeks a few times. Then, she shakily picked up her Pokedex from out of the basket. Finally, she figured out Eevee's moves and found her inner energy.

"Alright Eves, run into it while its back is turned," the voice she used startled even her. She was forceful, fierce and driven. The Pokemon did as it was asked, spinning around and ramming her body against the opponent's.

The rat Pokemon was small, it did not expect to fight and found itself bowled over by Sweets' body. Quickly, it looked up at the group standing behind the Eevee, and cried out defensively, before turning and fleeing away.

"Eves, you did such a good job," bending down and patting on her knees, Piper requested that Sweets come to her, she obeyed. The caramel fox sprung up and landed in the girl trainer's arms, Cleffa began to clap lightly. Then, standing back up with the basket held on one are, and Eevee being held in the other, Piper's eyes flashed back to Theo.

"See, we don't need you. We can do this ourselves," a wicked smirk tugged at the corners of her lips. "So, if you don't mind, we'll be on our way." about a millisecond later, the bushes began to rustle. Rattata and Pidgey began to flee from the grass, bushes and trees. They were all going in the same direction, it was like a stampede.

((OOC: Wow, did not read your post about Eve before I posted. Not trying to steal your nickname.))

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Now isn't she a feisty one. That was pretty much all Theo could think of.

Sure he came on a little rude, but that hostility was really uncalled for. Perhaps she wants to do things on her own, perhaps she believes she's already a Pokemon Master, maybe she's just plain arrogant.

Before Theo could completely figure her out a bunch of Pidgey and Ratatta cam from nowhere and began running simaltaniously in one direction. Either they were running away from something or running towards something. Nevertheless it was unnatural and unsettling to Theo.

"Eevee, prepare yourself." he cautioned Eevee at a whisper.

Eevee looked up at Theo, most likely confused. But it seemed to grow a tad more serious than before.

All in all, Theo wasn't immensely interested in what the wild Pokemon were doing. So he decided to just go back about his business and venture forth to Route 1. He held a gaze at the bush from which the wild Pokemon appeared for a moment, however.

Tehila

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Tallie looked down at Togepi, who was obliviously quite happy to have new friends. It cheered, and Tallie couldn't help but let out an excited grin also. "Yeah, lets go!"The 10 year old exclaimed. She waited until Akura took a few steps away before running to catch up, and inadvertently tripping but catching her balance before she tumbled to the ground. Her face flushed again, while she got in stride with Akura and her Eevee. After a little while of walking and listening to her talk to her Pokemon, she decided to speak up.

"So," she looked at her new partner with eyes that were genuinely interested, "where are you from?"

((OOC: Though I'd help you get your family talk in if you wanted, since I kind of stopped that. Lol. Sorry this is kind of short too, I don't have much time.))

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Akura glanced sideways, noticing that Tallie had caught up. They were just walking out onto route 1.

"I'm from Pallet," she stated, neither happily nor sadly. "I've been here my whole life."

Tallie's eyes actually shone with interest. That was unusual for Akura. Normally most kids in Pallet, at least the ones about her age, seemed to know that she was the tomboy looking daughter of the plumber/mechanic Mr. Zino. And they didn't really think it was interesting.

"What about you?" she asked, growinly interested.

She suddenly spotted someone further down the road. She was pretty sure it was Theodore of Olivine. So he was going to Viridian as well? They probably were, all of them. That was where the first pokémon gym was, according to what Caro had remembered and told Akura.

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • The stampede of creatures ceased and Piper's hair rose on end. She glanced over at Theo, hoping that he didn't notice her uneasiness. "Eevee..." a slight pause as she cleared her throat from it's weariness. "Return," a red light engulfed the fox, it didn't look to pleased to be recalled, but also did not fight.

Piper placed Sweets' Pokeball back down into the basket, and inhaled deeply. Cleffa again had to drag the young girl out of her daze, this time with a tap on the arm.

Chatter in the distance. The two girls were catching up to them, oh, and Theo. Piper picked up the pace. She passed Theodore without a second glance. Viridian was not too far off from here anyway.

The Route was calm now, for the most part. As she walked past the same scene, Piper wondered about what caused the Pokemon's distress. Surely it wasn't her battle with the Rattata, but one could never be sure.

The life of a Pokemon trainer was already hard and she'd only done battle once. She felt a bit of isolation and a pang of homesickness, but looking down at Cleffa, she smiled and knew she was not alone.

A small sign post was right before her now, it was wooden and had some childish carvings within it. "Welcome to Viridian City" was posted in black paint.

"Well, we're here. How about a bite to eat?" when Cleffa replied, the team entered in.

Viridian City- A city much larger than Pallet Town. It features a Pokemon Center, a Pokemon Market (Antidote, Potion, Pokeball, Paralyze Heal, PokeFood), a Gym (the windows are black and the door is locked.), a side route to the Pokemon League, an old geezer who is overly tempted to show you how to capture a Pokemon, and his embarrassed young daughter who offers a shelter for the night.

:: Pokemon on side Route::-

Spearow
    Peck, Leer

Mankey
    Scratch, Leer

Slowpoke (Uncommon)
    Tackle, Curse

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Theo looked as the girl ran past him towards Viridian City.

Well then. She's.... odd, that was all Theo could think. He was still trying to take what just happened in, it all happened pretty fast.

He resolved that he might as well go towards Viridian as well. It didn't take long to get there and there was already a set path that made it so new Trainers wouldn't have to deal with too many wild Pokemon. Theo encountered none.

For the second time that day, Theo entered the city. It seemed so strange how such a quiet and natural town could be so close to a bustling city. His first stop was the Pokemon Center. There, he saw Nurse Joy, who somehow was related to all other Joys in most of the world. Even stranger, they all took up Pokemon medicine. She took his Magby and told Theo to come back in one hour. In the meantime, Theo decided to train and bond with Eevee.

He didn't know what Eevee's strengths and weaknesses so he decided to train Eevee all around. Scanning it with his Pokedex, he knew it had Tail Whip and Tackle. He figured that due to its size, Eevee's Tackle would be slow and powerful. At first Eevee seemed like it didn't want to practice its attacks. It seemed to be the strong yet docile type. But he eventually got him to practice. He worked on its accuarcy with Tackle and its speed. It struggled in the speed potion, but Theo figured it was so beefy that it didn't need a great deal of it.

After a few hours he returned and was happily greeted by Magby. It was early evening now. So he decided he would hang out at the Pokemon Center until he would get some sleep.

Last edited:
    Back