• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Road to Pokemon Master!

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
  • ((OOC: Sorry I can't go over this one right now. If anyone sees any mistake, please let me know.))

Evening Near Viridian City: A Girl And Her Fox

Before Leo could even answer the girl's "hello", she suddenly came running towards him and stumbled right before his feet, dropping her basket and the two fox creatures in it. It was still too dark for him to see exactly what just happened. The campfire that he had lit has reduced to ashes, so he must have slept for quite a while. Peech was right there beside him, so Leo was thinking of a way to light up the place. He tried to look through the darkness and after quite a while, he saw a single tree that was separated from the rest.

"Peech, use Thundershock to light that tree on fire." he ordered while pointing in the pitch black darkness. Peech just stood there, unable to see what her master was pointing at exactly. By the way, to clear things out, Leo was still in a good mood. That's why he just called the Tiny Mouse by her nickname. Otherwise, he'd probably call her "pipsqueak" again.

Finally, the Pichu tried to estimate the place where she would strike the Thundershock. She charged up electricity from the pockets of her cheeks and, "Peeeech!" A miss. Luckily, the electricity lit the place up for a second, revealing the exact place where the tree was standing. Unfortunately, a second wasn't enough for Leo to recognize the girl nor the fox figures. This time, Peech knew where to aim. She closed her eyes and concentrated. Little sparks started jumping from her cheeks. "Peeeech-tsu!" A strong one. This time, it hit and the tree's leaves began to blaze. Soon, the whole tree was burning and the whole area lit up. Peech got shocked by that last hit, but she was tough enough to endure it.

Leo helped the girl up, immediately noticing her jade green eyes that mixed beautifully with the embers of the burning tree. He turned away from her face, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing. Leone was blushing. That kind of thing only happens once in a million years. Never, since the Rocket incident, has he blushed because of something someone said, let alone how someone looked like. It took all of Leo's willpower to face the girl again. He couldn't make out her hair color because although the fire made everything brighter than it was a while ago, it still wasn't bright enough for him to recognize colors clearly. For one whole minute, Leo stared at the girl who wandered off in the middle of the night in Route 01.

[Snap out of it!] Leo thought to himself. It was kind of embarrassing for him to be acting like this. So he willed himself to look for the girl's basket. While searching for it, he noticed Peech trying hard not to fall flat on the ground. He decided to let Peech back in her Pokeball. He took her ball from his pocket, clicked the button in the middle, and pointed it at the Tiny Mouse. A red light came out from it which enveloped Peech and sucked her in the ball. He minimized it and whispered something into it. He shoved it back in his pocket and continued looking for the basket. After moments of searching, he finally found it. He stood up and was surprised to see that the girl was already in front of him. He jumped back and forced a smile. He wasn't sure if she could actually see him smile, but he still did. The girl smiled back. Leo wasn't sure, but he thought he saw the girl smile back. At that moment, his heart skipped a beat.

"Eeee-vui!" Leo turned around to see his missing Eevee. Or was it? Just then, another Eevee appeared. He wasn't sure which was his, heck he wasn't even sure whose Eevee was that other one. [Probably the girl's] he thought to himself. He turned back to the girl and just stood there. Awkwardly. Hey, you try making conversation with a girl you just met in the forest and now has a little crush on? Not that easy.

A long, deafening silence stirred along Route 01. Only the crackle of the burning tree can be heard beneath the silence. Then Leo couldn't just stand there anymore. He held out his hand, without saying anything. The girl stared at his outstretched arms confusingly. No words were coming out of Leo's mouth. He doesn't understand why, but there were literally no words coming out from his mouth. All he said was some gibberish things like "Pokow! Kai mein Leo!" and "Owk gu juku?" Did I mention when Leo was nervous he tends to speak in an out-of-this-world language? And weirdly, it only happens at night when the stars looked lovely to him. Maybe it's because he was more calm under a starry sky? Who knows. ((OOC: Well, actually, me)) It took him quite a while before he was able to say a sentence that made perfect sense:

"Hi, my name's Leone Storm. Leo, for short. I have noticed that you were holding my Eevee in your basket, would you mind explaining why that is?"

(Oh, and one other thing. Leo also tended to speak in a weird formal way when he is nervous.)

-EVENING NEAR VIRIDIAN CITY END-

((OOC: Sorry, Nukoe. I suddenly ran out of 'villainous' ideas, so I decided to let Leo be nice at night when the stars are up because it makes him feel all calm and stuff. Oh, and sorry for making Leo a little attracted to Piper xD))

((EDIT OOC: This post is exactly 951 words long. Make that 963.))

Last edited:

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • Piper couldn't make out what the strange figure was doing in the darkness. She could hear him command his Pokemon to use a lightning attack, but fear blocked out the ending to the sentence. Immediately, the girl moved her arms from the dirt and shielded her face. She braced herself to be struck. When the Pichu announced it's attack and sparks of lightning sprung out from it's cheeks, Piper cried out softly.

A miss. She kind of opened one jade eye and glanced around the still pitch blackness. She figured that the Pokemon would give up, maybe the trainer would forget about her... She thought too soon. The mouse managed to come up with another deadly blow, so fierce that it seemed to harm itself. It didn't hurt, maybe it killed her on impact and she didn't have time to feel the pain.

She opened the same eye once more, the darkness turned to light. Not light like as sunlight, but fire light. Not dead, Piper thought. The figure before her was a boy, he looked about the same age as herself. She only got a quick glance of his face, however, because he turned away. Maybe it was the light of the dancing flame, but Piper thought she saw his face redden.

He began to fish around for her basket, then offer to help her up. She smiled at the gesture, and it seemed he smiled back. The shadows played many tricks on human eyes. The school girl reached her hand out to the hard eye'd boy, she found him striking in this light. And after her hand hit his, he began to speak some kind of Psychobabble.

"Owk gu juku?" the stranger let out, sounding like his voice was quivering. Piper's heart sank, he didn't speak English! Were her attempts in vain? It was a question, that was for sure, so she just shook her head yes in response. Guessing that he was asking if she was okay.

It was an awkward moment for quite some time before the boy decided to speak again. What came out set Piper at ease, "Hi, my name's Leone Storm. Leo, for short. I have noticed that you were holding my Eevee in your basket, would you mind explaining why that is?"

"Yes," she was still on the ground, but his voice kind of lured her to forget about the scenario. "I saw it running in my direction, you see? It found my own Eevee and they kind of decided to greet each other. For whatever reason, I felt it was best to return it... I never knew it'd be such a struggle for me though. But overall, I'm happy I did it." She looked upon the ball which the Pichu was now in and thought of Cleffa. Sweets had returned to her side.

Oh yeah, a name... "I'm Piper Sinclaire. A pleasure to meet you Leone."

Tehila

Just here for the cake. (:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Tallie was relieved once the problem was solved easily. Of course, the answer that made sense was the one picked, why in god's green earth would a girl and a boy sleep in the same room anyways. She entered the room silently, and curled up under the covers as quickly as she could with her Togepi held close to her body. Tallie fell asleep fairly quick with the excitement of the day washing over her like a wave.

((Time jump to the next morning))

Tallie woke up very early, when the sun was just peaking out over the horizon. Akura still appeared to be asleep, which was better for her, to avoid the awkwardness of the both of them getting ready at the same time. She imagined that Akura would prefer not to dress while the both were in the room, which was parallel with why the idea of them sleeping in a room together was odd. It didn't take her long to get ready, just a quick change and brush to her teeth and hair. She was thankful that her hair was so easy to style, it was nothing more than a few passes with a hairbrush. Alla curled out of it's shell not long after Tallie, and greeted her with a happy, "Purrrriee!"

"Come on," she said with a smile, gathering her bag ,slipped on her shoes, and put her glasses onto her face, "Let's go so we don't wake her."

Tallie entered the main lobby of the center, approaching the desk first and taking her new Pidgey's Pokeball back from an almost scarily happy Nurse Joy. She nodded a thanks, and moved toward where Theo and Liem were. She picked out a blueberry muffin to eat for herself, but ended up feeding her Togepi little chunks before herself. "Good morning," she said in a cheery voice to the two boys.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Akura woke up from a dream. She sat up quick, brushing her forehead with her hand. Her pulse was quite fast, but not in a manner as if she had been scared. More like it was when she was excited. She had been having a dream... about flying. She shook her head and then leaned into her hand, resting her elbow on her knee for a moment. She hadn't been dreaming of flying for several years. Strange.

Slowly remembering where she was, she looked over to the other bed. Tallie was gone already. Phew, she mentally said. She got up, got dressed, brushed her teeth and was on her way out. Her pokémon had been in the care of the pokémon center the whole night. She hoped at least Azu was missing her a little. She was missing them both in a way. It was a different life, being a pokémon trainer, compared to going to school or working in a bakery. You could sleep how long you liked, nobody told you where to go... the only things driving you was the will to train and get stronger, to see the world, to meet pokémon and people. Akura wanted this. She would become strong and make Caro proud.

Right before she left the room, however, she hesitated, and threw a glance into the mirror on the wall. She wasn't looking too shabby. But maybe... maybe she should fix her pigtails a little. Just... she always put them up without looking in the mirror, but when she did it now, it did actually look a little better. She dared giving the mirror a faint smile. Well, that was far enough.

She practically bounded downstairs to the pokémon center lounge, unexpectedly full of energy and very hungry. She got Eevee and Azurill back from the nurse and immediately sent them out to see how they were doing.

Azu smiled happily at her, bobbing closer on its tail. It seemed to have missed her. She smiled a little. Eve didn't show any affection like that, but it acknowledged Akura by shaking its head so that its big ears wobbled side to side again, and kind of nodded at its trainer.

"Good morning, partners," Akura said, putting her hand on her empty stomach. "I'd like some breakfast. What about you?"

Eve didn't say anything but Azu bounced higher. Akura took that as a yes and only hesitated for a moment before leaning down to pick the blue pokémon up. She had seen other trainers do this. Azu didn't seem to mind, but squealed happily. What a bubbly type. Eve didn't seem jealous at all, instead it got to its feet and started walking towards the cafeteria. Akura was slightly amazed but then realized the Eevee was probably following the smell of food.

Turning to the open space behind the reception, they got to the cafeteria, which was big and bright. Akura spotted some trainers she recognized, immediately. Tallie was there, her Togepi Alla munching on a blueberry muffin. Liem seemed to have had a good night's sleep and was eating muffins as well. And Theodore of Olivine was there. Well... Akura had to stop calling him that. Theodore or simply Theo would probably make due.

She walked up to the breakfast buffet. "Good morning, Tallie. Slept well?" she said, deciding to strengthen her efforts to be friendly today.

Akura made a big sandwich from several ingredients on the table. Lots of salad, cheese and a little ham. She didn't like eating sugary things in the mornings, it made her nauseous. She split the sandwhich and gave the smaller bit to Azurill, who didn't seem to mind this kind of food. Eve though, jumped up onto the table, poked out a bit of sausage with her paws, jumped down again and settled herself next to Akura's feet before eating it. Akura could have sworn she heard the pokémon purring.

She blushed slightly, hoping nobody would scorn her for letting her pokémon jump up onto the food table. She then decided to greet the others as well, even though she felt a bit uncomfortable with it. Testing your limits and pushing them further out, that was part of being on a pokémon journey, Caro had said.

"Good morning Liem and hi Theodore," she said, facing them.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    "Good morning Liem, and hi Theodore." so said a familiar voice.

Looking over Theo saw Akura. She too was getting breakfast. Theo nodded at her in acknowledgement. He didn't know who this Liem character was, but that was of little importance at the moment. He returned to his omelet. Meanwhile Magby stood by his leg with eyes similar to that of a begging dog.

Theo chuckled a bit and gave him a portion of his food. Magby had a little difficulty getting it down considering it doesn't have teeth. Theo wondered how it was going to eat Pokemon food, which came in pellet form. That reminded him of something he had to do.

He finished the rest of his meal in haste. This could wait no longer. It would only take a little while so he told Magby to stay in the cafeteria and eat the rest of the food Theo had supplied it.

It only took him a little while to get to the local Market. There Theo intended to spend most of the money he had on the various things he would need: Potions, Pokeballs, Pokefood, regular food, and other such things. In less than half an hour he was done and his belt was full and his pack felt heavier than before.

A few minutes later he entered the Pokemon Center, for the third time. He entered the cafeteria to find an empty bowl, but no Magby. He had a feeling this would happen. Surely it still had to be in the Center, otherwise someone probably would've given it to Joy anyways. Still, he checked in with her, to find out she had not seen Magby anywhere.

Theo let out a sigh, looks like he would be delayed even more.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Still in Route One: Morning Arises

Leo didn't notice it but the sun was slowly creeping its way back to the sky. Soon, all the stars disappeared, which Leo found a bit annoying. Yet, the girl, who has introduced herself as Piper Sinclaire, somehow kept his temper down for some time. Now that the sun was somehow up, he could finally make out the rest of the green-eyed girl's physical features. She had thick pink hair that kind of covered her lightly-tanned face. She looked like Leo's age, which made Leo jump for joy. Figuratively, of course. It would be weird if he actually jumped for joy in front of Piper. She wore a dress and pink doll shoes covered her feet, matched with white frilled socks that stopped at her ankles. To sum it all up, she looked like a doll. A cute, jade-eyed, pink-haired doll. One thing's for sure, as long as this girl's around, he would do anything to please her.

"I'm Piper Sinclaire. A pleasure to meet you Leone." she said, with a smile on her face and the tilt of a head. [Cute] Leo thought. He smiled back and replied "A pleasure, indeed. Thank you for bringing back Blitz to me ((OOC: Yeah, that's right. He just named him Blitz :p)) It kind of ran off after I accidentally let it out of its Pokeball."

Then one of the Eevees stroked its fur on Piper's legs. It was obvious to him now which his was. So, he called on to the Eevee to come near him. He didn't budge. This made Leo angry, almost forgetting the fact that Piper was in front of him. He closed his eyes and tried to remember about the jade-eyed girl in front of him. He fished around in his pockets and pulled out Blitz's Pokeball. He clicked the button and a red light beamed out onto Blitz, covering him with it. It sucked in the Evolution Fox and finally, the ball closed. He minimized it and stuffed it back in his pocket. He opened his eyes and grinned at Piper.

He noticed her yawn ((OOC: Sorry for bunnying Piper)) [Cute] Leo thought to himself. He must have thought Piper was up all night looking for him. He felt guilty. Another first in Leo's emotions. He had a whole lot of them, but "guilt" isn't one of them. He thought of making a bed of leaves on the ground by making Blitz Tackle a tree and gathering all the fallen leaves, but that was just plain desperate for attention. So, he decided to do one of the most simplest way to solve his problem:

"So, wanna walk with me to the Viridian City Pokemon Center? I heard there are beds there made especially for traveling trainers, and it seems like you've been up all night. A short nap might help you recuperate your strength." he said in the most normal way he could manage, without stuttering. She nodded, and Leo's heart went crazy.

Before both of them could start walking, a violet rodent stood in their way. It was a small, but unspecialized rodent. Its most notable feature is its large teeth. It has long whiskers and a long, slightly curled tail. It has purple fur on its back, and cream colored fur on its stomach. He took the PokeDex from his pocket and pointed it at the Pokémon blocking their way. It started to say:

{RATTATA: The Mouse Pokémon
    The Road to Pokemon Master!
    Its fangs are long and very sharp. They grow continuously, so it gnaws on hard things to whittle them down}

Sharp things. One of the many deadly things Leo liked about a Pokémon. But this was just a rat, and it looked like it was looking for trouble. Leo smiled slyly. "If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get." he muttered under his breath. He walked forward proudly while pulling out a Pokeball from his pocket. He threw it in front of him and it bounced back in the air when it hit the ground. It opened in mid-air, releasing a beam of red light. The light formed the figure of an Eevee and soon the red light burst in a beautiful sparkle. Blitz purred as he saw the rodent that was in front of him. The Rattata growled back.

"Blitz, Tackle 'em" he ordered, and the fox Pokémon charged for the Rattata. It jumped out of the way and Tackled her back. It hit Blitz and sent him flying off a short distance, dealing him a decent amount of damage. The rodent smiled at his successful counter move, but Leo, on the other hand, frowned. He shook the feeling off, remembering that Piper was watching him battle.

"Tackle him again, this time, charge straight at it first then strike when it jumps out of the way." And he did so. He charged at Rattata, faking a Tackle attack, and it jumped out of the way. Using his hind legs, Blitz jumped sideways with all his might, hitting the rodent with a powerful Tackle. It flew high up and dropped on the ground. It did a great amount of damage, but it still wasn't over. This time, the Rattata was really mad. After falling from the ground and dropping back first into it, it immediately jumped back and charged straight for Eevee. One thing you should always remember, is that when your temper gets the best of you, you usually end up losing. Take for example Leo. On his first encounter, his temper shorted out when that Pidgey kicked sand at him. When he ordered Pichu to use Thundershock on it, he did fry the Pidgey, but he also hurt his own Pokémon. And the fact that he accidentally let Blitz out of his ball instead of capturing the Pidgey, meant that it was, in fact, a total loss from him. In this situation, Rattata just blew his top off, which in this post means "lost his temper and charged recklessly at Blitz without thinking of the possible consequences." Of course, the fox managed to jump out of harm's way and easily countered it with a Tackle of his own, this time, making Rattata stay put on the ground for good.

"Good job." Leo said without that much excitement in his tone. He didn't want to seem to overjoyed for the fact that he was just about to have his first attempt at capturing a Pokémon, not counting the Pidgey incident, of course. He unclipped and empty ball from his belt and threw it at the Rattata. It enveloped the rodent with a bright red light and sucked it in the ball. The ball dropped on the ground and the button in the middle beeped red as it shook monotonously on the ground.

-STILL IN ROUTE ONE END-

Tehila

Just here for the cake. (:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Tallie took the bite of the muffin as Akura showed up. She greeted her with a friendly smile, hoping the awkwardness of the night before was gone. She couldn't help but be a little surprised when Akura smiled back at her and greeted her with a hello. This was quite different, even only spending a day with her, it seemed like she wasn't the one to be cheery. Tallie frowned a little bit, curious, but she regained her smile quickly and greeted her new friend, "Great, actually, thanks." Alla quickly agreed with a peep of joy and the waving of it's little arms.

Her eyes then went to the door. It was about time for her journey to start again, on another path to somewhere else. She looked back, silently deciding a trip to the Pokemart would be good, then it would be time to hit the road. Tallie excused herself politely and headed toward the door, exiting and walking through the town to the Mart. She entered to the sound of what could have been a broom hitting something. Her brown eyes caught a little red figure fleeing from a Shop Keep with, in fact, a broom in his hands.

She recognized the little Pokemon immediately as Magby, the one the Theo had chosen just the day before. The very distressed shop keeper was chasing the fire Pokemon around the store, yelling at it, like that would help any at all. "Hey!" she said, catching the shop keeper's attention, stopping his assualt on the Pokemon, her mind worked out a solution to get the Magby out, "I'm so sorry, that Magby belongs to me." Tallie bowed a little, trying to be respectful. "I'll take him out immediately." The shop keeper grumbled a little, but backed off and returned to his work. The 10 year old hurried over and shooed the little red Pokemon, pretending to scold him as she headed toward the door and back to the Pokemon Center, intending to reunite him with Theo.

She entered, and found Theo, Akura and Liem just where she had left them. "Missing something?" She laughed, looking at Theo and back down at his Magby, "Found him being chased around by a shop keeper, the little trouble-maker."

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Just the moment he was done speaking with the Nurse Tallie walked in. In her hands she held a rather familiar Fire type.

"Missing something?" she said, laughing.

She always seems to be laughing, or at least trying to. Theo observed.

"Found him being chased around by a shop keeper, the little trouble-maker."

The news surprised Theo a little. He wouldn't have expected something like that, even from the mischievous Magby. Perhaps Theo had to keep a closer watch on him than he had originally thought.

"Yes. Well then, thank you." Theo said, taking Magby from her. Magby seemed to be rather pleased that it was returned, it made an imitation laugh.

Like a child, Theo thought, it gets into trouble, but only because it's trying to enjoy itself. But better a trouble maker than a thief I suppose.

Theo recalled Magby to its Pokeball. He now knew better than to let it roam free. Instead, he sent out Eevee to walk by his side for awhile. He might not particularly liked interacting with large groups of people, but he at least wanted a Pokemon to keep him company. Besides, Eevee needed its daily walk, it helped bond the two and keep Eevee strong.

"Thank you once more, and goodbye. For now, at least." he said in farewell.

He and Eevee began to exit the building. Theo noticed Akura out of the corner of his eye.

"Akura." he said in acknowledgement. He wasn't sure if she heard him, for it wasn't like Theo to raise his voice for any occasion.

The duo exited the Pokemon Center. Down the road, he noticed the pink haired girl from the previous day. She was accompanied by a trainer whom Theo didn't recognize. He seemed to be battling a Ratatta with a Pichu. Apparently Ratatta are attracted to pink, or perhaps she was just unlucky. The boy threw a Pokeball. Theo thought he would stop and see if he would catch it or not.

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • Piper was overjoyed to hear the boy offer sleep. She was very exhausted from the eventful night. Pulling overnighters were definitely not her thing, a firm believer of "beauty sleep". Adding a little squeak to the end of her yawn, Piper attempted to perk up her yawn and add some cuteness. They began to walk towards Viridian, Piper wobbling and wavering in her exhaustion. Being attractive didn't matter when one became delirious, one step after another, it was the only thing on her mind, as if she were a machine.

She snapped out of her wicked trance when they were encountered. Fortunately, the small girl did not have to worry, as Leo took the initiative and tossed out his Eevee. To her it seemed that he was attempting to show off, but then that was her mentality. His Eevee looked amused with the rodent and like playing cat and mouse, it purred a taunt. The rat sent back a vicious growl, showing it was playing no games. The tension was then broke by Leone's deep command for Eevee to tackle attack it, and spitefully, the Rattata leaped out of harms way. It was quite poetic, to see these two go at it, as if everything was at steak... It didn't make sense, what could be between them?

The fight ended with the purple mouse losing it's control in what seemed to be some kind of hot headed attack. The loss of temper was it's downfall and it was on the ground, down and out. At that point, Leone did something that shocked Piper greatly, he threw a Pokeball at the prey. It rocked back and forth before the Pokemon gave in to it's fate, the center piece of the Pokeball turned red and Rattata was Leone's. 'Odd,' she thought, 'I don't know if the relationship between the purple pokemon and the brown fox will be too nice.'

In the distance was Theo, Piper then knew they were close to sleep. Without thinking, she grasped the boy's hand and began to run towards the city.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    There seemed to be a bunch of chaos going on around in the Pokemon Center. All that which seemed to be drowned out by Liem's love for the muffin. He did not hear anybody, ignored them all and pondered in his head about the day ahead. He knew that he'd like to capture another Pokemon before moving on, but the typical Rattata and Pidgey just did not seem all that interesting to him.

That's when he felt a Pokeball in his pant pocket vibrate, much like a text off of a cell phone. It popped open and thank goodness it did not destroy his pants. Out came a yellow Pokemon that resembled a input plug to a socket. It had black jagged stripes, like lightning around it's spherical build and a gaping yawn.

It placed an arm up to its head and looked Liem directly in the eye. Looked as though the little thing was saluting to him and once the yawn had vanished, his mouth became a crooked grin.

"EeeeLEKID!" it shouted at the top of it's lungs and took liberty into his own hands to snatch the remains of Liem's breakfast and gulp it down in one swallow.

"Well you seem content," the trainer complained, almost as though tears were welling up in his striking hazels. "I guess it's time to get going then..." Scratching the back of his head, he simply exited the Pokemon Center. The blow to his head must have done more than anyone had expected.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Theo observed as the boy caught the Ratatta. It was by no means a battle of epic proportions, but a battle nonetheless. After the boy's Pokeball stopped shaking Piper grabbed the boy by the hand and began running towards Theo's general direction. He didn't fancy a run-in so he continued about his way towards the nearby forest.

"Vui?" Eevee said, sounding puzzled.

Just then a boy whom Theo couldn't identify passed out of the Pokemon Center. It appeared that he would have to have an encounter with someone at this point. Still, he pretended not to notice the boy and continued about his way, Eevee trailing Theo. Theo didn't like making the first move, so he would let the newcomer do it, if he was going to at all.

(OOC: Sorry for the short and uneventful post. This is pretty much just a way to get the story moving. I seem to make posts like that a lot, no matter though.)

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • ((OOC: Um, NoobHax, Leo fought the Rattata with Eevee))

Viridian City: Finally!

After capturing the Rattata, Piper quickly held her hands and both of them ran off to the end of Route 01. From the distance, Leo could see that there was a figure of a boy and an Eevee that stood near the Pokemon Center. Leo recognized the Eevee because he had already seen that kind of figure in the dark, so he can kind of tell that the creature beside the boy was an Eevee. Blitz chased after them as they ran towards Viridian City. It's ironic, really, how the Evolution Pokémon was chasing them after Leo tried to run after Blitz.

Soon they were in front of the boy. He had an unusually blue hair. [Blue? Of all the hair colors, why blue?] Leo thought to himself. He wore a green coat that has the tail go down to his knees. He looked a little older than him. 12, maybe? Leo couldn't tell. He had black gloves and a pair of hiking boots covered his feet. His Eevee, on the other hand, looked quite like Leo's Eevee. Not much difference, but then again, maybe they're cousins or something, because when Blitz finally caught up to them, he quickly went near the trainer's Eevee and they played. Leo's eyebrows furrowed. He didn't like his Pokémon playing with other's (unless, of course, they were Piper's, with which he would love to make them play with) He face the trainer with a forced grin.

"Um, hey there. I'm Leo. Would you mind calling back your Eevee?" he told the trainer, but before he could talk back, Leo said something that just slipped out of his mouth. "I challenge you to a Pokemon battle."

-To be continued...- ((OOC: I hope so...))

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    (OOC: Firstly, what does that mean you battled Ratatta with Eevee? Did I say something implying otherwise? Secondly, I already told you why blue: Because shut up. But I digress.)

The duo reached Theo before he had anticipated. The Eevee the male trainer was battling with seemed to want to play with Theo's. It looked a little cute to see the Eevee trying to engage Theo's slightly larger one. Then, its trainer appeared before it. He was wearing a obviously false grin.

"Um, hey there. I'm Leo. Would you mind calling back your Eevee?" was what he said first, Theo was reaching towards his belt. Then, something odd.

"I challenge you to a Pokemon battle." Leo said.

It caught Theo off guard. It seemed strange how the trainer who was either nervous or trying to set a good impression suddenly challenged him to a battle. Theo recalled Eevee then looked to the trainer.

"Very well. Theodore Grantle of Olivine City, and I accept your challenge." Theo said, he honestly didn't want yet another interruption but it wouldn't be honorable to decline a challenge without good reason.

"So then," Theo began, "would you like to establish any rules?"

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • ((OOC: Because in your previous post, you said Theo saw Leo battling a Rattata with a Pichu when Peech was actually inside her Pokéball the whole time. I'm not arguing with you, I just wanted to clear that out. No offense?))

Rules? Leo didn't like rules, but if he wanted to battle this guy, who has introduced himself as Theodore, he had to think of rules. He tried to think of any rules that he knew about Pokémon battling, but unfortunately he knew none. Well, one actually. It was a rule that he had learned from his parents' friends from this region called Hoenn. He wasn't sure how this would work out but he wanted to try it out.

"Double battle," he said, "we use two Pokémon each and who ever beats both Pokémon wins. Let's start right away."

He fished his pocket for two Pokéballs. Peech's and his newly captured Rattata's. He chose them thinking they would work well together since they were both Mouse Pokémon. He threw both of them in the air and out came his yellow starter and his purple newcomer. He held out his hands.

"Choose yours and you do the first move." he said with a sly smile. "Oh, and, for formality's sake, I'm Leone Storm from Celadon City."

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Leo's answer wasn't quite what he expected, but then again, not everyone knew the "formal" way to state Pokemon rules: Amount of Pokemon, single or double, switching rules, then time limit if any. But he didn't expect that of others. So he simply assumed it was a two on two double battle with no time limit. A Ratatta, most likely the on he just caught, and a Pichu emerged. Doing a quick Pokedex scan he found out that Pichu can shock itself with Electric attacks. That was all he needed to know.

He could only choose his two Pokemon: Magby and Eevee, who appeared in front of him in an instant. He had a strategy in mind. But he had to make the first move, which he didn't like doing. He could only Tackle with Eevee and Ember with Magby. He stood for a moment and thought out a plan. He knew he would have to keep Eevee in the front lines because he was the only one who could dodge proficiently.

"Magby, Ember on the Ratatta." was the first command of the battle.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • He heard Theo order his Magby to use Ember on Rattata. Leo was about to order him to dodge, but it was too late. Rattata blazed in flames while running around recklessly. It seemed like Rattata was actually using Tackle while he was running around, because when he hit Peech, the Tiny Mouse tumbled down and was hurt by the flames that engulfed Rattata. It was definitely not going good for Leo.

"Shock Magby, pipsqueak" was Leo's command. By the looks of it, it would be difficult for him to order Rattata to attack anyone, so he just let him run around, hoping that he hits Eevee.

With a squeak, Peech let out a powerful shock that hurt herself, but she was getting used to the shock so she didn't mind it. But she can't just not mind it for the whole battle. Sooner or later, she'll lose it and eventually let loose a powerful Thundershock that would hurt her more than she hurts her enemy.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    "Stupid forest, stupid weather, stupid Professor Oak, stupid mom, stupid dad, stupid ugly poor people." That was the lovely words coming out of Bonnie Waters' mouth as she marched unhappily on the dirt path leading towards Viridian City. The ten year old girl had just received her starter pokemon, Bonsly, and as a bonus for being such an amazingly awesome person(Well, that's what she thinks) she had also received an Eevee. "Ugh! I hate this so much!" She stomped her foot. "Why wont some one please come rescue me?" She cried out, hoping maybe an angel from above would come to her rescue.
    "Bon?"
    "What the-" Bonnie squealed as she felt something brush her leg. As she regained her composure she looked down to see her partner looking up at her with a confused face. "Oh thank god, its just you." She crouched down. "How the heck did you get out anyways?" She reached into her bag and after a moment of searching she found his Pokeball.
    "Bon!" Bonsly stared at the Pokeball. He looked at Bonnie like she was ridiculous and then whacked the Pokeball out of her hands with the circular green ball like thing on top of his head.
    "Hey!" growled Bonnie. "That was not nice at all." She grabbed the pokeball and tried to recall the Bonsai Pokemon. But, yet again Bonsly hit the ball out of her hands. "No!" Bonnie pointed her finger in Bonsly's face, only to be mimicked by Bonsly, who was using the top of his head to point back at her. "Stop that!" Bonnie frowned. Was she honestly stuck with such a disrespectful Pokemon?
    "Bon Bon!" it cried back in the same tone. "Ugh! Your so immature!" Bonnie stood up and stomped her foot. Bonsly did the same.
    "Fine, you can stay out of your Pokeball." She had gave up. "But, only for today." Bonsly cheered. Had Bonnie lost to her own Pokemon? Yes, yes she had.

The Route seemed to never end. Tree after tree after tree. Were they ever going to reach Virdian City? Bonnie tried her hardest not to giggle at her curious little Bonsly that had honestly ran up to every flower and sniffed it. But, Bonnie was still pretty ticked off about the whole Poke-ball incident so she tried not to seem so lovey dovey towards her partner.

Finally, the city was in sight! Bonnie clapped her hands and began to walk a little faster. "C'mon Bonsly!" She called to the ADD pokemon, who had gotten distracted by a purple rope. Wait.... that wasn't a purple rope. "Bonsly don't touch that!" Bonnie yelled. But it was too late, Bonsly had tried to pick the purple rope up and was surprised to find out that the rope bad belonged to the rear end of a Rattata! Bonnie quickly grabbed her pokemon before any harm could be done. "For the love of Wailord! Bonsly you can't be so stinking nosey! Ever heard of Curiosity killed the Skitty?" Bonsly frowned, his small mouth began to quiver. "Oh no." Bonnie sighed. "Please don't"
    Too late.
    The Pidgy flew and Rattata scattered. Bonsly cried out so loud that all of Johto could probably hear. Bonnie did the smartest thing possible and that was to run to the Poke Center.

POKeMON CENTER

"Nurse Joy! Help!" Bonnie cried as she ran through the automatic doors of the Pokemon Center. Heads turn and snickers were herd but Bonnie just scrunched her face and said, "Mind your own business."

(Tada. I hope that was good enough for a first post! )

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    It seemed as if Magby's attack was successful as the Ratatta scurried around, burned. It was thrashing about without control, at least that would teach Leo to train his Pokemon before battling with them. What's more is that Leo's team lacked coordination. Even Theo's Pokemon, whom have not been in contact for long periods of time, were working better together. Then an electric shock came out of Pichu's cheeks towards Magby.

Magby couldn't do a thing to even attempt to get away. The bolt hit him squarely in the chest, it looked to be painful. Theo had to think fast, luckily, he could.

"Eevee, Tackle Pichu. Magby, try a Leer on Pichu." Theo said to his Pokemon.

Eevee crouched with its rear end to the sky. It was easy to see the strength in its shoulders and haunches, where most of its muscle was. Then it lunged. Thanks to that lunge, Eevee was able to get a good boost of speed, and was now barreling towards Pichu. Meanwhile Magby's eyes started to get a sinister gleam as it attempted to lock Pichu in a Leer attack.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • (OOC: Not all of my posts will be this long. Whoa.)

Claudia King walked into the Pokemon Centre in Viridian City. She was usually upbeat and happy, but she had disappointed herself already, having been late to pick up her Pokemon from Professor Oak, and so she was grumpy. And to make things worse, she had been stuck with a Pokemon she hadn't wanted and another that wouldn't listen to anything she said.

Flashback

"Professor Oak!" Claudia called, banging on the door to the laboratory despite knowing that she should be quiet. She couldn't help it, she had really wanted Azurill, the only water-type Pokemon available. She had a feeling that it had been taken, but she tried to remain optimistic.

An assistant of Oak's opened the door and frowned down at Claudia. "Little girl, this is a place of important research. You're awfully late, but I'll escort you to Professor Oak."

Claudia mumbled a thanks, embarrassed. The assistant led her to another room where Professor Oak stood waiting, as if he knew she was coming.

"You're very late, miss," Professor Oak scolded, but he seemed unable to hold his harsh tone and instead smiled at her. "That's okay, we still have one Pokemon left, you're lucky."

"Is it Azurill?" Claudia asked hopefully.

Professor Oak frowned. "No, I'm afraid not." He held out a pokeball to Claudia, who took it. "Go ahead and throw it."

Claudia lobbed the Pokeball onto the floor and a bright light emerged from it. There on the floor in front of her, stood a Mime Jr. Claudia's eyes widened and she looked up at Professor Oak. "Do you have any other Pokemon?
    Any other ones at all?"

"Afraid not," he replied.

Claudia swallowed and looked down at the Mime Jr. She knew Mime Jr. evolved into Mr. Mime, and she couldn't stand Mr. Mime. The Mime Jr. looked up at her and put his hand up to his forehead, almost like a salute. "Mime mime!" he said.

While Claudia had been staring at the Mime Jr., Professor Oak had been scrounging around in a desk, and eventually pulled out a PokeDex and a few pokeballs. "These are for you," he said. "You better get going, you're far behind the other trainers."

Claudia took the pokeballs and threw them into one of the various pockets of her bag. She then returned the Mime Jr. to his pokeball without saying anything to him. "Thank you, Professor," she said. He nodded at her and the assistant escorted her back to the front door.

Outside, Claudia opened up her PokeDex and searched for Mime Jr.

Mime Jr., The Mime Pokemon. Mime Jr. is the pre-evolved form of Mr. Mime. Mime Jr. is able to sense emotions well. Mime Jr.'s moves are Confusion and Barrier.

Claudia closed the PokeDex, satisfied for now, and began walking towards Route 1, needing to hurry to catch up to the other trainers. She hoped that most of them were still in Viridian City.

She walked briskly down the path that separated Viridian City from Pallet Town. She was in a slightly better mood. She figured Mime Jr. was an okay Pokemon, she would just have to be sure to get it an Everstone as soon as she could. There was a slight rustling of the bushes to her left. Claudia ignored it, having first pegged it as her imagination. But when she heard the noise again she stopped and faced the bush. A Rattata popped out of the bushes and sniffed the air, looking over at Claudia.

"My first battle!" she exclaimed excitedly, even though the Rattata didn't show any signs of wanting to fight. She reached into her bag and grabbed the pokeball that she thought was Mime Jr.'s. She threw it onto the ground, the light emerged and a Pokemon sat before her. It was not Mime Jr.

"Wha-?" Claudia whipped out her PokeDex and opened it up.

Eevee, the Evolution Pokemon. Eevee is able to evolve into one of seven different evolutions. Eevee's moves are Tackle and Tail Whip.

Claudia closed the PokeDex and put it away. So Professor Oak had given them two Pokemon. Interesting. "Alright Eevee, use your tackle attack!"

The Eevee looked up at Claudia and then looked away from her, its back turned. Claudia was confused. "Come on Eevee, let's go, tail whip instead!" Still the Eevee refused to obey Claudia. Claudia huffed and pulled out another pokeball. This time Mime Jr. emerged.

"Mime Jr. let's go with confusion!" she said, knowing his moves from checking the PokeDex at Oak's lab.

Mime Jr. jumped out in front of the stubborn Eevee and used confusion, much to the Rattata's surprise. The Rattata flinched when confusion's purpleish rays surrounded it, lifting it very slightly off the ground. Mime Jr. moved his arms and the Rattata was tossed to the side. The Rattata got up slowly, slightly dazed, before regaining its composure and running off into the bushes again.

Claudia had to admit, she was impressed with the little clownish looking Pokemon. She quietly thanked it and returned it to its pokeball. She then looked down at the Eevee, who was giving her a dirty look. "I don't know what your problem is," she said, returning the Eevee to her pokeball as well. She continued her trek to Viridian City.

Present Time

Claudia sat down at one of the booths in the Pokemon Centre after getting a plate of food, mainly cookies. There were a few other trainers, but none that caught her eye. She decided to let Mime Jr. out of his pokeball; if she was going to have this Pokemon she might as well get used to it. She took the pokeball out of her bag and pressed the button on the front to release the Pokemon. Mime Jr. appeared beside her on the seat, looking up at her as if he had expected a battle.

"Hey there little guy," she said, giving a little wave to him. To her surprise, Mime Jr. waved at her at the same time she waved at it. She raised her eyebrows and turned towards her plate. Mime Jr. did the same. Claudia picked up a cookie and sure enough, Mime Jr. pretended to pick up a cookie. Claudia giggled. "You know, you're actually pretty cute. You want one?" she asked, holding out a cookie to the little Pokemon. His face lit up.

"Mime mime!" he said, before taking the cookie from her and shoving it into his mouth.

Claudia smiled. "I think I'll call you Cookie!"

"Miiiiiime!" Mime Jr. seemed to like the nickname.

Claudia picked up a cookie for herself this time and was about to take a bite when another girl ran into the Pokemon Centre, yelling for Nurse Joy to help her. Some of the people around Claudia snickered and she heard the girl hiss for everyone to mind their own business. In her arms was a little Bonsly, crying its eyes out. Claudia watched the scene unfold before her.

Last edited:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Bonnie placed her screaming Bonsly on Nurse Joy's desk. Bonnie watched as Nurse Joy calmly walked over and examined the situation. "Did he loose a battle?" Nurse Joy asked.

"No." Bonnie scrunched her nose. Really Nurse Joy?! Bonnie was going to be a Pokemon Master, she wouldn't have a pokemon that would cry if they lost.

"Did he get hurt?" Nurse Joy scratched her head in confusion.

"I don't think so." Bonnie said with a bit of attitude in her voice.

Bonsly continued to cry as Nurse Joy lifted him off of the counter and examined his whole body. "I think you need to say sorry." Nurse Joy said to Bonnie.

Bonnie who was now confused asked, "Sorry? For what?"

Nurse Joy chuckled. "You called him something bad didn't you?"

Bonnie bit her lip. She thought about it. Immature! That's right she called him immature. Bonnie sighed, she knew she was going to have to apologize before Bonsly makes a scene....which he kind of already did. "Bonsly, I'm sorry for calling you Immature." Bonsly just looked at her, then looked back at Nurse Joy, stuck his tongue out at Bonnie, and continued to weep. "I said sorry. Why is he still crying?!" Bonnie snapped.

Nurse Joy thought for a moment. "Did you say anything else?" She cradled Bonsly in her arms, hoping to calm him down.

"Curiosity killed the Skitty." Bonnie rolled her eyes. "I have an over emotional Pokemon don't I" She groaned. She looked at Bonsly and began to pat his head. She knew she was going to have to gain his trust, no matter how bad it may be. And if she wanted to be known as a Pokemon Master she couldn't have people think she treated her Pokemon badly. "Bonsly, I'm sorry that I said that curiosity killed the Skitty. I would never let curiosity hurt you." She forced a smile and took Bonsly out of Nurse Joy's hands and cradled him in her own. Bonsly slowly finished crying and began to smile. "Finally!" Bonnie said with a sigh of relief.

A sweet aroma filled the air and Bonnie took a long deep breathe in. She smelt something delicious. "Cookies?" She smiled to her self. She looked around the Poke-center and spotted out the Cookies. They were on a plate. Too bad a girl had already owned that plate. The girl had a Mime Jr, which was definitely not as good as Bonsly. "C'mon Bonsly, let's go make some friends." She smirked as she made her way to the trainer.

"Wow! Those Cookies look delicious." She said, maybe a little to excited. "My name is Bonnie, and this is Bonsly." Bonnie, knew she had to make some friends on her journey, no matter how much she disliked them. She gently let Bonsly out of her hands and watched as he skipped right over to Mime Jr to give him a gentle push.

Back