• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Safari Zone!

Years
  • I loved how Sinnoh's Safari Zone had more of a marsh feel, with the binoculars on the second floor and the zones, it felt really interesting and unique. Although I think they shouldn't do exactly that, something similar that would be special to ORAS would be awesome. I could see them doing something like a tropical biome that is encased in a glass dome or something. If they don't decide to spice it up, though, I'd be content; the original RSE Safari Zone was great in itself.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I loved how Sinnoh's Safari Zone had more of a marsh feel, with the binoculars on the second floor and the zones, it felt really interesting and unique. Although I think they shouldn't do exactly that, something similar that would be special to ORAS would be awesome. I could see them doing something like a tropical biome that is encased in a glass dome or something. If they don't decide to spice it up, though, I'd be content; the original RSE Safari Zone was great in itself.

What if they like, have a thing inside the lobby, where you pay like 100 for it, and on the touch screen four buttons in a square come up, and depending on what button you press (the northwestern button, northeaster button, southwestern button, and southeastern button) it will play the cry of every Pokemon in that are for that day??? :D

Cuz in a tropicalish junglish biome it'd be hard to see anything with binoculars, ya know?

Years
  • What if they like, have a thing inside the lobby, where you pay like 100 for it, and on the touch screen four buttons in a square come up, and depending on what button you press (the northwestern button, northeaster button, southwestern button, and southeastern button) it will play the cry of every Pokemon in that are for that day??? :D

Cuz in a tropicalish junglish biome it'd be hard to see anything with binoculars, ya know?

That's exactly what I was thinking. It would look gorgeous in the 3D setting, and it would help encapture the tropical, unique environment that Hoenn embodies. I think it'd be a perfect fit for the region, and a renovation to the Safari Zone feature! They could also create an option to go deeper into the jungle area, but only allowing the player to stay in that area for a short amount of time due to the strong aromas of the tropical plants.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I'm asking for wayyyy too much here. But I'm gonna say it anyways :D
    I would like to see a merging of Pal Park, the Safari Zone, and the Friend Safari.
    How would I do it?
    It's the Safari Zone. But it integrates 'Friend Safaris' into the layout with each type having its own unique biome visual style (Thus incorporating Pal Park visually.)

Really. I'm just wanting the Friend Safaris to have distinct designs. I didn't like how it's just a patch of grass. Even for the water Friend Safari...
    I also love games that have a variety of scenery and this is an easy way to get lots of different scenery for the price of one location B)

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I think they should make the Safari Zone a mixture between the Gen 3 one and the one from HGSS.
    The Friend Safari should be turned into the Altering Cave IMO. It was a cool idea they had, and now, with global connection, it can actually work.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • In my opinion, they should separate the Friend Safari and the Safari Zone. Maybe have one part be Hoenn-styled while the other part be the Friend Safari, only accessible postgame.

Oh and they should make the Safari more treacherous to travel to place to place imo.

Years
  • pokemon-95.jpg

Can't be too sure that this is the Safari Zone, but it does resemble an area from it if you take a look at RSE's Safari Zone map, although not entirely and with some geographical additions in the ORAS version. I'm kind of hoping it isn't the Safari Zone, because that would mean the terrain is relatively the same as the rest of Hoenn and there's no alteration to make it seem like a tropical biome. D:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • They could make the Safari Zone a Mini-Quest.

Say there are 50 different pokemon available in the Safari Zone. The challenge is to find and catch ALL of the pokemon on that list inside the Safari Zone.

After completing the quest, you get a reward. A Legendary Encounter, a Trophy, a Star on your trainer card.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • They could make the Safari Zone a Mini-Quest.

Say there are 50 different pokemon available in the Safari Zone. The challenge is to find and catch ALL of the pokemon on that list inside the Safari Zone.

After completing the quest, you get a reward. A Legendary Encounter, a Trophy, a Star on your trainer card.

As much as I'd love that, I really doubt it :/

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I hope they change the Safari Zone in order to include more Pokemon that unlock once you've got the National Pokedex.

And yeah, I think that they should physically separate Friend Safaris and the Safari Zone, however, maybe they can be in the same area (ex, you go through different doors to access)?

Salzorrah

Years
  • I kinda hope they also change the step limit if it comes back since 500 steps seems somewhat short and if you want to go farther in the zone (aka the Mach Zone and the Acro Zone) you kinda need to conserve the steps.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah, I mean even though I got pretty far on the amount of steps they gave us I couldn't really explore the area...so an extra 200 or even 100 steps would be good.

I hope that post game they'll have Riolu, Togepi, Zorua, Happiny, Bonsley, and the other regional birds in addition to the extras seen in Emerald.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • We should have two seperate entrances. One for the Friend Safari and one for the Safari Zone. In the Friend Safari, they should have different Pokemon to the ones in X and Y. So, it could be like
    X: Ivysaur, Sunkern and Quillidin.
    Omega Ruby: Grovyile, Breloom and Bayleef. (Remember, once you completed the Hoenn Dex in Emerald, you could get one of the Johto Starters from Birch)

And maybe we could have another part of the zone to get Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon.
    (I leave out Kanto for the slim chance we get FireRed and LeafGreen remakes. I leave out Johto because that's already in there. I leave out Kalos because we can trade with X and Y.)

And there's probably much more to say, but it took me 10 minutes to write this on my Phone. Lol.

Years
  • Plus Kalos only introduced around 70 Pokémon. Six of those 70 or so are legendary. In addition 9 are starters (the three and their evolutions) which we proably won't find in the Safari zone. So I think we won't find many Kalos Pokémon in the post-champion area. Maybe only the Fairies to give us more diversity post game as Hoenn only has three lines (Azurill, Ralts (Gardevoir), and the single Mawile). I hope they add in Eevee to the post-champion additional area.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Oh, I hope they add the Flabebe line in postgame haha. Maybe add Honedge too? I'm also seeing Spritzee and Swirlix being implemented in postgame.

Years
  • I kinda hope they also change the step limit if it comes back since 500 steps seems somewhat short and if you want to go farther in the zone (aka the Mach Zone and the Acro Zone) you kinda need to conserve the steps.

That step limit was always annoying, but I'm sure they may probably remove that limit this time around. Splitting the Safari Zone into two parts isn't bad of an idea, so that one side can be dedicated to the Friend Safari.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I forgot Hoenn had a Safari Zone O_O

anyway, I want something simple, but not similar to the Friend Safari. I don't want it to get really big. Hoenn is already too big a region and I don't want all areas to be sprawling. I think they could retain it as is, but add more Sinnnoh-Unova-Kalos native Pokemon.

Years
  • I hope they don't add in too much Kalos Pokémon post-champion as I said there's only 70 Kalos Pokémon, 12 of them are starters (Including their evos in that number here) and legends.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • They won't add too many Kalos Pokemon. They want people to still buy XY! I mean, those games aren't even that old yet. I can see them only including a handful so that they stay exclusive enough.

Back